The man 'sticking it to u' literally

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
Just imagine what the outcome would be had the roles been reversed and the cabby had attacked the banker with a pen knife.

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012/10/15/charges-dropped-against-former-morgan-stanley-banker/

dadudemon
I don't know...

The assault "weapon" seems pretty important in a case that you're claiming you were assaulted with that you magically turn up months later.

It is innocent until proven guilty. A "Crime Scene" cannot be readily tampered with before you really can't use it. Since it boils down to "he said he said" bullshit, they can't really do much with the case. Since the cops supposedly already turned the car over looking for the pen-knife (is that what is it?), it seems quite fishy that he can magically turn up the object months later when the court stuff is about to get real.

HOWEVER! What if the knife was taken and then planted? What if the police that searched the car got paid off by Mr. Big Pants? Those are conspiracies that cannot be proven or disproven very easily.

Wish we had a real god present. We could just ask, "Hello, what is the truth?"

Bam. Perfect justice is meted.

Nephthys
Yeah, thats really fishy.

But then again, why would anyone plant it? They'd have to know that introducing the knife so far after the fact would get the case thrown out.

tru-marvell
to have the "smoking gun" or in this case the bloodied knife would have been good for prosecution but this guy also had stabs in his hand.
I would think simple assault would be a definite case....but again who believes that this cabby would walk if he had attacked a wealthy person and the knife was found and turned in months later. It seems that that would be a final nail rather than a his saving grace
And I personally do believe in God...I just feel that we are given free will and are all witness to life without God'd direct daily intervention...

dadudemon
Originally posted by tru-marvell
And I personally do believe in God...I just feel that we are given free will and are all witness to life without God'd direct daily intervention...

That's cool, man. I just wish we had a much more active god, at least in the justice system. That's one the things that annoys me most about life: the injustice and absence of truth.

The case, like the one you posted, could go either way. No way to tell who is right and who is wrong. I can argue for both sides but nothing proves me right or wrong.

rudester
I will not comment is this thread, I will not comment in this thread... I will not comment in this thread...lol

Really?lol

Darth Jello
ridiculous. Then again, I live in Colorado where the rich get hilariously preferential treatment. Since 1980, we've had a rich, abusive husband who shot his wife 8 times in the head get sentenced to therapy and 2 years of evenings and weekends in jail, a Morgan Stanley executive who crippled a bicyclist in a hit and run face only misdemeanor charges due to concern for his clients' finances (actual reason given by judge), and a wealthy real estate mogul face no charges for rape and sexual battery of his under age baby sitter in order to maintain property values.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
...a Morgan Stanley executive who crippled a bicyclist in a hit and run face only misdemeanor charges due to concern for his clients' finances (actual reason given by judge),

I remember that. That is not the first time something like that has happened. Another time, another rich man was aloud to conduct his business until it had been offloaded to another person or group of people because of how much money was involved. I believe he was forced to work for free during that time, as well. I don't remembe the details.

I know you don't like it but sometimes, people are so important that hundreds to thousands of live can be ruined if that person disappears overnight. Why is getting revenge on someone for an evil so important to you? Are not there greater evils by getting revenge on someone so important? I think so. They are not exempt from the law, for sure. I like the idea of a gradual turnover of accounts so that the clients, who are literally innocent, are not negatively impacted.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by dadudemon
I remember that. That is not the first time something like that has happened. Another time, another rich man was aloud to conduct his business until it had been offloaded to another person or group of people because of how much money was involved. I believe he was forced to work for free during that time, as well. I don't remembe the details.

I know you don't like it but sometimes, people are so important that hundreds to thousands of live can be ruined if that person disappears overnight. Why is getting revenge on someone for an evil so important to you? Are not there greater evils by getting revenge on someone so important? I think so. They are not exempt from the law, for sure. I like the idea of a gradual turnover of accounts so that the clients, who are literally innocent, are not negatively impacted.

No one person should be so important as to face minimal consequences for criminal negligence, rape, and murder. If people lose money because they decide to do business with some company which somehow cannot replace one wunderkind on which their entire model rests, then that's their fault. I suppose you think it's justified that the swine on Wall Street get away with blow, hookers, child sex tourism and all that other shit too because you perceive that they keep our economy afloat.

dadudemon
****! "Aloud"

allowed

lame

I hate myself.

Originally posted by Darth Jello
No one person should be so important as to face minimal consequences for criminal negligence, rape, and murder. If people lose money because they decide to do business with some company which somehow cannot replace one wunderkind on which their entire model rests, then that's their fault. I suppose you think it's justified that the swine on Wall Street get away with blow, hookers, child sex tourism and all that other shit too because you perceive that they keep our economy afloat.

I disagree, of course. The many outweigh the needs for revenge. In taking revenge, the many could be negatively impacted. In the scenario, that would have resulted in the losses of retirements, investments, etc. Some people would have lost their entire...everything. That's just horrible. In a quest for revenge, you end up ruining the lives of hundreds to thousands of people. Lame. Justice is awesome, I agree, but sometimes, people need to step back and consider what revenge and punishment might do to more people than just the criminal. I am glad we have judges smart enough to see that exacting copious amounts of revenge in court is not always the best judgment.

Robtard
There's a difference between delaying a jail sentence due to noted reasons and outright reducing or doing away with the sentence as DJ specifically noted. The later should be criminal and a judge that does so should be fired.

crystalmaden
I can't imagine that. It's ridiculous.

Darth Jello
So society should encourage child ****ery because the desire to do horrible things drives people to succeed and achieve a state of immunity from prosecution?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.