Man of Steel (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
xJGMeyRZHpc

NZajKr13H7I

Release date: June 14, 2013 (USA)
Director: Zack Snyder
Music: Hans Zimmer
Screenplay: David S. Goyer, Kurt Johnstad
Producers: Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Emma Thomas

I like how Papa Kent speaks to Clark as a son while Jor-El speaks to him as a hero. I remember seeing this in theaters when I went to go see TDKR. The entire theater completely lost it. I saw the Kent trailer. I am definitely looking forward to this movie.

http://derekberry.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/man-of-steel-poster-fan.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/10/blog_images/man-of-steel.jpg

http://www.thinkhero.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/supermansetfilm2.jpeg

http://solismagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/1man-of-steel-poster.jpg

Tzeentch._
That outfit looks ****ing terrible- holy jesus ****.

Give the man some drawls.

And bring back the jerri curl.

rudester
they keep on changing the actor its so weird... but yet I think its progressive enough to say ok maybe he got older looking? This Kent does look more serious then the one before.

Nemesis X
The actress playing Lois must be pretty hot if Superman's risking having a boner in public haermm

Arachnid1
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67208

Slight spoilers there. It talks about a fight Superman has with a villain (not Zod). Apparently, it goes pretty badly. From what they say, Superman seems to have his New 52 power set in this movie. He seems slightly nerfed. Then again, Edward Nortons Hulk movie did similar with Bana's, and was a much better movie. I'm hoping for a similar relationship between this movie and Routh's Superman.

rudester
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The actress playing Lois must be pretty hot if Superman's risking having a boner in public haermm

Is it jokes day?

steverules_2
Jokes are usually meant to be funny no expression

stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by rudester
they keep on changing the actor its so weird...

You do realise Christopher Reeve has been dead for a while....So yeah he's out .

steverules_2
They keep changing the actors for batman but no one mentions that, if Chris were still alive he wouldn't be playing supes thought cause he'd be too old...were they ever gonna continue superman with him cause I know they had plans for superman 5 but the idea got canned and then we got superman returns

Kazenji
Brandon Routh was good as Superman shame they didn't continue with him.

steverules_2
I quite enjoyed him too, it's too bad but now we get this reboot so see where it goes

rudester
So there going to start from scratch again... o' bother...eeh!

I thought it was going to be a part 2 that would be in the works, after brandon routh...

Esau Cairn
Is it jokes day?

So no one's ever had a boner for you, Rudester? smokin'

Kazenji
If this movie does well lets hope they don't use Lex again.......but if they do make him wear his armoured suit.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to seeing this

Robtard
Originally posted by Kazenji
If this movie does well lets hope they don't use Lex again.......but if they do make him wear his armoured suit.

Armoured Lex would make a good villain for the 2015 JL flick.

****ers better have Solomon Grundy too.

Ridley_Prime
The top half of the outfit looks cool, but the rest.. what the hell. I remember liking that 2nd picture when I first saw it, but I guess that was before we had a closer glimpse of the suit. Still have some decent hopes for this movie though.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
The top half of the outfit looks cool, but the rest.. what the hell. I remember liking that 2nd picture when I first saw it, but I guess that was before we had a closer glimpse of the suit. Still have some decent hopes for this movie though.

I've got a feeling this movie is going to be "darker" in theme than what most people will be expecting...I think the costume relates to the tone.

I'm sure once we see what the other Kryptonians are wearing, Supes' costume won't be out of place.

siriuswriter

I noticed that...!

Superman is supposed to be the squeaky clean hero - truth, justice, and the American way! But he forgot to tuck it in... That's going to be a big distraction when I see this...

Tzeentch._
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I've got a feeling this movie is going to be "darker" in theme than what most people will be expecting...I think the costume relates to the tone.

I'm sure once we see what the other Kryptonians are wearing, Supes' costume won't be out of place. A bulgung crotchline does not = darker. lol

Mindship
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I noticed that...!

Superman is supposed to be the squeaky clean hero - truth, justice, and the American way! But he forgot to tuck it in... That's going to be a big distraction when I see this... Have a tough time with 'Watchmen'?

-----------------------------------------

I like this new costume, that it has more of an armor look. Spandex on a grown man...that just doesn't work for me in live action. I also like that Cavill got some Thor-size muscles on tap (instead of Roth's or Reeve's slimmer look). But they still insist in casting actors in their 20s to play Supes. A bit too young, imo.

the ninjak
The costume looks awesome. We haven't seen anything yet and Watchmen rocked!

I'm really looking forward to this film.

Superman Returns was trash. Utter trash. But I believe the DC team can't allow another failure and the response to the earlier film is so descriptive that anything but good must be next to impossible at this stage.

Mindship
Originally posted by the ninjak
Superman Returns was trash. FX aside (I mean, they were good at the time), I think Reeve's Superman 2 remains the best Supes flick to date. MOS, though, looks to be a serious contender (keeping fingers crossed).

Superman Returns...yeah, not crazy about it: not the story, not the costume, not Roth, and definitely not Bosworth. But it did have a few great scenes (eg, the plane, the gatling gun). Excellent FX.

Robtard
I thought Returns was alright, even though it was essentially a recycled Superman 1978.

Having said that, I'm excited for MoS and happy they rebooted, as I can't see the Routh Superman in a JL flick.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Mindship
I think Reeve's Superman 2 remains the best Supes flick to date.

**** that shit. I watched it and it pissed me off! Everyone in it is stupid like when Clark destroyed a taxi cab when it rammed into him and yet no one noticed. A car got wrecked by hitting a dude in the center of the street in a busy city with both sidewalks having more than twenty people and not one soul noticed the indestructible pedestrian who is less than ten steps away from them?! Not even Lois knew and yet she looked like she saw the whole damn thing and the only time she's 100% certain Clark's Superman is later on when his hand is in a goddang fireplace. What are those cars made of to make people not care? Styrofoam? I am as pissed as Doug Walker with the Bat Credit Card!

C-3POTheClever
they keep on changing the actor its so weird... but yet I think its progressive enough to say ok maybe he got older looking? This Kent does look more serious then the one before.
Isn't Man of Steel a superman reboot? So not a sequel to the already existing Superman fillms. If it is a reboot then of course it's not going to have the same actor as Superman Returns! Not to mention The first 3.

Ridley_Prime
I think I enjoyed the TV show with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher more than any of the previous Superman films combined (live action ones at least). Glad they've been re-airing it on the Hub lately.

@ Esau: Yeah, hoping you're right, and as pointed out, the bulge on Superman here is nothing compared to what was in Watchmen.

edit:

**** that shit. I watched it and it pissed me off! Everyone in it is stupid like when Clark destroyed a taxi cab when it rammed into him and yet no one noticed. A car got wrecked by hitting a dude in the center of the street in a busy city with both sidewalks having more than twenty people and not one soul noticed the indestructible pedestrian who is less than ten steps away from them?! Not even Lois knew and yet she looked like she saw the whole damn thing and the only time she's 100% certain Clark's Superman is later on when his hand is in a goddang fireplace. What are those cars made of to make people not care? Styrofoam? I am as pissed as Doug Walker with the Bat Credit Card!
I guess they just didn't take audience's expectations of such things as seriously back then. No way would anyone get away with a scene like that in today's movies though.

Mindship
**** that shit. I watched it and it pissed me off! Everyone in it is stupid like when Clark destroyed a taxi cab when it rammed into him and yet no one noticed. A car got wrecked by hitting a dude in the center of the street in a busy city with both sidewalks having more than twenty people and not one soul noticed the indestructible pedestrian who is less than ten steps away from them?! Not even Lois knew and yet she looked like she saw the whole damn thing and the only time she's 100% certain Clark's Superman is later on when his hand is in a goddang fireplace. What are those cars made of to make people not care? Styrofoam? I am as pissed as Doug Walker with the Bat Credit Card! The movie touches on the innocence and charm of early comic books. This was certainly evident, eg, during the big fight scene in the city, when cars were flying and things exploding. But also, one guy had ice cream blown in his face, another was laughing at jokes on a payphone as the phonebooth blew apart; a sequined skater rolling backwards by the hurricane-force winds was hollering, "wooOOooOOoo..."

Plus: Mr. Terence Stamp as Zod! C'mon. "Kneel before Zod!" Classic stuff.

Today's audience, I think, likes more realism (I do). And CGI can deliver. But it's also about the writing, acting, etc. I hope MOS delivers.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak

Superman Returns was trash. Utter trash. But I believe the DC team can't allow another failure and the response to the earlier film is so descriptive that anything but good must be next to impossible at this stage.

Except for Brandon Routh in it.

Nemesis X
The movie touches on the innocence and charm of early comic books.

What innocence? haermm

siriuswriter
Have a tough time with 'Watchmen'?

-----------------------------------------

I like this new costume, that it has more of an armor look. Spandex on a grown man...that just doesn't work for me in live action. I also like that Cavill got some Thor-size muscles on tap (instead of Roth's or Reeve's slimmer look). But they still insist in casting actors in their 20s to play Supes. A bit too young, imo.

Haven't seen Watchmen yet...

... and I was pretty much joking. Sarcasm does not translate well over internet...

Ascendancy
If nothing else the cinematography looks great. If it had just been a movie about crabbing I would check it out. Watching Supes break the sound barrier was wicked as well.

Kazenji
Notice the people bringing up Dr Manhatten's wang

personally it didn't bother me.

Tzeentch._
In fact, you probably enjoyed it.

Kazenji
You enjoyed more on a hot summer's day.

Ridley_Prime
What innocence? haermm
He was more-so talking about the innocence of people of Metropolis during early comics, and it's not like Chris Reeve's Superman did that kind of dickish stuff, that I can remember of.

Nemesis X
He was more-so talking about the innocence of people of Metropolis during early comics, and it's not like Chris Reeve's Superman did that kind of dickish stuff, that I can remember of.

Tell that to Lois who could've had a heart attack when she thought Clark was bringing her along for a suicide jump off her balcony but really, he wanted to surprise her in reveaing he's Superman that one time. That, IMO, is being a dick. He could've just surprised her in accidentally dropping his marshmallow in a camp fire with an urge to pick it up and she at least won't have the feeling to write a will to her loved ones then.

Ascendancy
Notice the people bringing up Dr Manhatten's wang

personally it didn't bother me.
The wang didn't bother me. The useless first 45 minutes of the movie bothered me, along with the weaksauce ending. Movie was a pile of hot poop. The creator of the graphic novel thought it was garbage as well, so everyone was certainly not a fan.

Ridley_Prime
Tell that to Lois who could've had a heart attack when she thought Clark was bringing her along for a suicide jump off her balcony but really, he wanted to surprise her in reveaing he's Superman that one time. That, IMO, is being a dick. He could've just surprised her in accidentally dropping his marshmallow in a camp fire with an urge to pick it up and she at least won't have the feeling to write a will to her loved ones then.
Even if you see teasing Lois like that as being a dick, no way does that or anything else Chris Reeve's Supes did compare to destroying a poor neighborhood, oil well, and those other actions of what Superman did in those 30's comics you posted, which was what I was getting at. lol

Nephthys

Well he ain't called the Man of Steel for nothing. No-ones going to get confused over this title, the evidence is right there every time his crotch is in view.

Mindship
What innocence? haermm You're going back to the embryonic years. I was referring to the days of Boring and Swan. Comics were often quite silly then, pure fantasy-escapist fun with little regard for reality.

Again: when hurricane winds are destroying part of the city, while little comedic scenarios are occurring on the side, you should know not to take the movie all that seriously. This is what critics liked, eg, about Reeve's performance: he got just right that delicate balance between comic sensibility and emotional integrity. Even Stamp's Zod was masterfully tongue-in-cheek, as in...

The President as he kneels: "Oh God..."
Zod (calmly): "Zod."

Priceless.

Originally posted by siriuswriter
... and I was pretty much joking. Sarcasm does not translate well over internet... Neither did my feeble wiseassery, apparently.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ascendancy
The creator of the graphic novel thought it was garbage as well, so everyone was certainly not a fan.

No shit.....

he also didn't want any part to do with the other film adaptations of his work.....just a grumpy old man is all he is.

Arachnid1
CYbeXs9ocY8&feature=related

That trailer is some of the teaser trailer mixed with some of the footage from comic con. It shows a lot more of superman
-getting his butt handed to him by another kryptonian,
-being taken into custody by the military (I'm assuming he's allowing them, because he doesn't seem to be fighting)
-a bus crashing into the ocean that gets saved by Clark (before he is superman)
-finding out about his origin
-kypton getting destroyed and his kryptonian family grief stricken

It looks like it's going to be an origin story. Thats fine with me though, because that made it look like the best retelling we're going to get of Supermans origin story. It looks great to me!

NemeBro
The wang didn't bother me. The useless first 45 minutes of the movie bothered me, along with the weaksauce ending. Movie was a pile of hot poop. The creator of the graphic novel thought it was garbage as well, so everyone was certainly not a fan. Alan Moore is a whiny little git and an assclown.

The movie was one of the most faithful adaptions of a comic I have ever seen, discounting the giant squid.

Robtard
Pretty much.

Estacado
So who will be the main bad guy?

Robtard
General Zod

Estacado
Oooh...should have guessed.

super pr*xy
Originally posted by Arachnid1
CYbeXs9ocY8&feature=related

That trailer is some of the teaser trailer mixed with some of the footage from comic con. It shows a lot more of superman
-getting his butt handed to him by another kryptonian,
-being taken into custody by the military (I'm assuming he's allowing them, because he doesn't seem to be fighting)
-a bus crashing into the ocean that gets saved by Clark (before he is superman)
-finding out about his origin
-kypton getting destroyed and his kryptonian family grief stricken

It looks like it's going to be an origin story. Thats fine with me though, because that made it look like the best retelling we're going to get of Supermans origin story. It looks great to me!

this movie is gonna kick some ass.. this should be a great reboot for a franchise stuck in a rut..

Nemesis X
Why are we getting Zod again? I don't have a problem with the guy but he was already in a Superman movie. Why can't live action Superman get a different villain like Brainiac?

Nephthys
After Avengers they need a slam dunk. So it makes sense to go with a villain everyone already kind of knows and likes.

Who the **** is Brainiac, you know what I mean?

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Nephthys
After Avengers they need a slam dunk. So it makes sense to go with a villain everyone already kind of knows and likes.

Who the **** is Brainiac, you know what I mean?

BULL. Everyone knows Brainiac and Luthor. Those are known bY everyone. Moreso than even Zod.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
BULL. Everyone knows Brainiac and Luthor. Those are known bY everyone. Moreso than even Zod.

Everyone may know Brianiac but I just feel he'd be too far-fectched a character to introduce into a 1st movie ( yeah I know it's a reboot of a revamp of a revamp...).
Whereas Zod, being also Kryptonian is a more ideal choice of villain.

I mean once Zod is defeated it will just reaffirm that Supes is the last of his kind.

Tzeentch._
BULL. Everyone knows Brainiac and Luthor. Those are known bY everyone. Moreso than even Zod. I don't know Brainiac, and I'm a comic book fan.

Well that's not true. I know of Brainiac, but I don't know anything about him except that he's a robot or something.

Robtard
Brainic's another one of Superman's villains that would do better in a JL flick. Besides, look what happened the last time Superman fought a machine, it was arguably the worse Superman flick.

Kazenji
Why are we getting Zod again? I don't have a problem with the guy but he was already in a Superman movie. Why can't live action Superman get a different villain like Brainiac?

Zod's only being used a second time..... not as bad using Lex again

Everyone may know Brianiac but I just feel he'd be too far-fectched a character to introduce into a 1st movie

Yeah because movies need to be realistic and believable....

Esau Cairn

Yeah because movies need to be realistic and believable....

I'm simply stating that after watching the trailer, I personally can't see Brainiac in this version of Superman.

-Pr-
Brianiac generally needs to have some sort of setup though. It's better that he be in a sequel than just crammed in to the first one.

Look at Green Lantern.

Mindship
"Kneel before Brainiac!"

Eh. Doesn't have the same zing.

"Resistance is futile, Kal-El."

Gettin' there.

super pr*xy
this is supposedly the first movie that will launch dc's transition into film.. well, NEW transition.. there will be a lot of chances to introduce braniac.. honestly, i wanna see mogul, darkseid and doomsday..

Ascendancy
I'm simply stating that after watching the trailer, I personally can't see Brainiac in this version of Superman.
Not sure if you watched it, but did you really think they'd be able to work Brainiac into Smallville? I certainly didn't see that storyline coming, and overall it was relatively "serious" in terms of how they portrayed the villains, no?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by super pr*xy
this is supposedly the first movie that will launch dc's transition into film.. well, NEW transition.. there will be a lot of chances to introduce braniac.. honestly, i wanna see mogul, darkseid and doomsday..

I think Darkseid is being saved for the JLA film.. but yeah Doomsday would be great on film

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Robtard
Brainic's another one of Superman's villains that would do better in a JL flick. Besides, look what happened the last time Superman fought a machine, it was arguably the worse Superman flick.
Besides Superman IV, yeah, it was.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Brianiac generally needs to have some sort of setup though. It's better that he be in a sequel than just crammed in to the first one.

Look at Green Lantern.
Also, this.

NemeBro
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I think Darkseid is being saved for the JLA film.. but yeah Doomsday would be great on film Doomsday shouldn't be the big bad of any movie IMO, but should be unleashed by a smarter, more influential baddie with a character (Like Luthor did in DOS).

Darkseid on film better be awesome, at least should live up to cartoon counterpart.

"I am many things, Kal-El. But here, I am God."

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by NemeBro
Doomsday shouldn't be the big bad of any movie IMO, but should be unleashed by a smarter, more influential baddie with a character (Like Luthor did in DOS).

Darkseid on film better be awesome, at least should live up to cartoon counterpart.

"I am many things, Kal-El. But here, I am God."

if done right Doomsday can work.. also it would be interesting as too who would play him

Look at Green Lantern.

i think what they could do for Brainiac is have him be shown a little bit during the film or maybe a post credit scene, then that will set the stage for Brainiac to be in the sequel

Esau Cairn
Not sure if you watched it, but did you really think they'd be able to work Brainiac into Smallville? I certainly didn't see that storyline coming, and overall it was relatively "serious" in terms of how they portrayed the villains, no?

No, I never watched Smallville. However I would assume it was many seasons into the series before Brainiac was introduced as opposed to introducing him in the very first season...or for that matter, the very first movie.

DARTH POWER
I wouldn't want them to waste a sequel on Braniac personally.

Doomsday or Darkseid is the kind of think we want.

Personally I think Brainiac will only be good as a second villain, or the brains behind the plot sort of thing.

dadudemon

I disagree. I don't know much about Brainiac but know loads about Zod.

Ascendancy
No, I never watched Smallville. However I would assume it was many seasons into the series before Brainiac was introduced as opposed to introducing him in the very first season...or for that matter, the very first movie.
Yeah, he didn't show up until the 4th or 5th season. The did a good job with the setup, but you're right, he's not a character to start the series with.

DARTH POWER

I think he was actually the first recurring super villain in Smallville.

The villains before him were small timers.

For the sequels they want to up the game. Going from Zod to Braniac would be rubbish.

-Pr-
Why? Brainiac is a bigger threat than Zod alone.

Robtard
We get this:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNzc0MjExMTMxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjA1NTEwMw@@._V1._SY314_CR10,0,214,314_.jpg

So why are you queers wanting to see some dildo-headed robot villain?

super pr*xy
doomsday would be great in part 3, assuming this is going to be a trilogy..

BruceSkywalker
doomsday would be great in part 3, assuming this is going to be a trilogy..

haven't read anything to that effect however i have to believe that if Man Of Steel is a success than they'll greenlight another and then another

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
haven't read anything to that effect however i have to believe that if Man Of Steel is a success than they'll greenlight another and then another

I read somewhere that legal issues with Supes character were finally sorted out giving approval to use him in the JLA movie...finally giving the project a green light to go forward.

Kazenji

So why are you queers wanting to see some dildo-headed robot villain?

You see a dildo shaped head when you look at Braniac??

not sure what version you've been looking at.

Mindship
^ I'm guessing...

http://d1w4yg6zersvbl.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Brainiac-animated.jpg?462722

H'm. Just thinking...reminds me of Exiles Surfer had he joined the Village People...

marwash22
http://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w406/marwash20/manofsteelpostersmallnew.jpg

Tzeentch._
edit- Nevermind.

Dolos
Armoured Lex would make a good villain for the 2015 JL flick.

****ers better have Solomon Grundy too.

It's going to be Darkseid.

BlackZero30x
New Trailer!!!! AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Robtard
Still looks dope to me.

Ridley_Prime
That trailer was just more of the same; nothing particularly new.

the ninjak
I'm happy they aren't showing too much though. That trend needs to end.

BruceSkywalker
this looks good.. Nolan's influence is clearly present

Patient_Leech
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282931_545437038799972_1773960402_n.jpg

http://d1fgn7wex1bhjn.cloudfront.net/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1354627787_manofsteelposter8888881999.jpeg

Robtard
Not read recent interviews, but iirc, Nolan pretty much walked away from Man of Steel and it's Synder's and WB's show. No?

TheOneFirestorm
That trailer was just more of the same; nothing particularly new.

When in a Superman movie has he been thought of as a threat?

Robtard
It's a reboot, so they can go any direction they want and frankly, if some super human-looking alien suddenly made himself known, the US government would logically be weary and take precautions, at least at first.

-Pr-
And, it's in keeping with the comics too.

Superman wasn't just trusted by the people of Earth automatically; he had to earn it.

super pr*xy
he's an alien.. you know how we to flex our military muscles in front of aliens.. it doesn't work, but we flex 'em anyways..

and by "we" i mean humans.. and by "humans" i mean the united states..

Ascendancy
he's an alien.. you know how we to flex our military muscles in front of aliens.. it doesn't work, but we flex 'em anyways..

and by "we" i mean humans.. and by "humans" i mean the united states..
Have to say District 9's portrayal of the South African response was pretty in keeping with what the majority of world governmental actions would be in such situations. Intelligence would be in short supply.

Patient_Leech
I actually think Superman is a pretty lame idea/look for a superhero. So if they pull off something interesting with this, they deserve a lot of credit.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I actually think Superman is a pretty lame idea/look for a superhero

Yeah what a lame idea that's managed to last this long.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I actually think Superman is a pretty lame idea/look for a superhero. So if they pull off something interesting with this, they deserve a lot of credit.

I'd suggest you read the comics, then. Or any comics that exist purely because he was invented.

rudester
in NOLAN we trust..lol

Robtard

Getting the picture that if this film is superb, people will be "Yeah, Nolan does it again!!!11!". If it's crap, it'll be "Synder ****ed it up; he's an idiot."

juggerman

Getting the picture that if this film is superb, people will be "Yeah, Nolan does it again!!!11!". If it's crap, it'll be "Synder ****ed it up; he's an idiot."

thumb up

BruceSkywalker

don't tell that to the haters laughing out loud

roughrider
And, it's in keeping with the comics too.

Superman wasn't just trusted by the people of Earth automatically; he had to earn it.

Only the recent comics, since the New 52. But I'm all for new directions for Supes on the big screen.

Dolos
"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67208#kHtiUdidRB3kP18Y.99

super pr*xy

Robtard
LoL, I can understand Disney doing this with their princesses/female leads now having to kick all ass. But it's getting ridiculous when it crosses in every genre. Girl-Power, we get it already.

juggerman
LoL, I can understand Disney doing this with their princesses/female leads now having to kick all ass. But it's getting ridiculous when it crosses in every genre. Girl-Power, we get it already.

I think she beat his ass in the comic too.

But yeah I'm not feeling the "girl kicks dudes asses" in every single movie. I don't think females should just be danty damsels in distress but there are way too many badass "Xenas" out there

Tzeentch._
Rob's been salty ever since Hit-Girl whomped on McClane.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Rob's been salty ever since Hit-Girl whomped on McClane.

You piece of shit!

-Pr-
As long as Superman smacks her around later on, I don't mind.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by juggerman
I think she beat his ass in the comic too.

But yeah I'm not feeling the "girl kicks dudes asses" in every single movie. I don't think females should just be danty damsels in distress but there are way too many badass "Xenas" out there

I think you're exaggerating a bit too much....can you name at least 5 movies you're referring to?

Robtard
I could name over 40.

But pretty much see anything with Michelle Rodriguez and/or Milla Jovovich for more recent flicks. Also, Disney films.

-Pr-
Yeah, it is a somewhat silly thing, where they go out of their way just to have it happen.

ditto
Tell him how you really feel Rob.
Don't hold back.

You piece of shit!

Dolos
Too many women kickin ass ey?

We need Lil Wayne up in here.

Esau Cairn
I could name over 40.

But pretty much see anything with Michelle Rodriguez and/or Milla Jovovich for more recent flicks. Also, Disney films.

Oh c'mon, Rodriguez gets type casted all the time as a tomboy & Milla's simply reprising her role in a franchise.

And as far as Disney goes, for every strong female character there will always be the complete opposite damsel character in the same film.

Kazenji
Milla's simply reprising her role in a franchise.

Besides Resident Evil.... she has done other movies of the sort.

marwash22
As long as Superman smacks her around later on, I don't mind. typical Irishman.

marwash22
i like badass chicks, btw. Thay're much better than female characters who are only in the movie for eye candy purposes and don't actually offer anything to the plot *cough* Megan Fox *cough*

Esau Cairn
Besides Resident Evil.... she has done other movies of the sort.

The point I'm making is that female action leads is still not prevalent as males in mainstream Hollywood flicks.

Ascendancy
That's because they usually spend too much time in the kitchen and don't have the free moments to practice martial arts. Just the way of the world.

Kazenji
The point I'm making is that female action leads is still not prevalent as males in mainstream Hollywood flicks.

You weren't in that other post, Basically saying Millla has only done the Resident Evil movies.

Esau Cairn
You weren't in that other post, Basically saying Millla has only done the Resident Evil movies.

I think you're missing the point regarding people thinking there's an over abundance of female action leads saturating the big screen.
I'm pointing out, there isn't.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
typical Irishman.

That, and equality means equality both ways.

i like badass chicks, btw. Thay're much better than female characters who are only in the movie for eye candy purposes and don't actually offer anything to the plot *cough* Megan Fox *cough*

There's nothing wrong with badass chicks. It's when they go out of their way to have a badass chick just for the sake of having one.

Tzeentch._
I don't mind, if only because at least 50% of badass dudes are badass purely for the sake of the story needing a badass.

-Pr-
Don't mind me; I'm just mad at what they did with Superman Batman Apolcalypse.

Robtard

My bigger complaint was them not casting Michael Ironside as the voice of Darkseid.

Tzeentch._
I think he might have retired from voice-work. He announced awhile back that he was no longer doing the voice for Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell games. Bit of a shocker, considering he's been doing it for like 10 years.

Kazenji

So Supergirl was different to how she was portrayed in the original story?

-Pr-
My bigger complaint was them not casting Michael Ironside as the voice of Darkseid.

That was bad, yeah.

I think he might have retired from voice-work. He announced awhile back that he was no longer doing the voice for Sam Fisher in the Splinter Cell games. Bit of a shocker, considering he's been doing it for like 10 years.

That was more down to them wanting to have the voice actor be the motion capture guy too, iirc.

So Supergirl was different to how she was portrayed in the original story?

Not really. In fact, I thought everything leading up to the fight at the end was fine. It was the fight itself that was a travesty.

Robtard
Superman/Batan Apocalypse final fight:

MRsRlynQevA
WcAOYxccpE0
EbINsrfshyw

-Pr-
...Exactly.

Tzeentch._
Man, Kara's so hot.

I don't see what the problem is. We need more of that, not less.

Ridley_Prime
That movie may as well have just been called Supergirl Apocalypse, since it was a lot more about her than it was either Superman or Batman. The final fight I had little problems with though.

-Pr-
Man, Kara's so hot.

I don't see what the problem is. We need more of that, not less.

It's because in the comic, the entire arc (which was several issues) was built around how much it meant to have Kara in Superman's life, and how he dealt with nobody trusting that she was for real.

The culmination of it all is when Darkseid comes to the Kent farm. In the comic, Darkseid appears to vaporise Kara, and Superman just loses his shit and goes postal. The fight the two of them have is considered one of Superman's best fights with Darkseid, and arguably his most emotionally charged.

By making it more about Kara facing DS, it took away from that.

Kazenji
That movie may as well have just been called Supergirl Apocalypse, since it was a lot more about her than it was either Superman or Batman. The final fight I had little problems with though.

Clearly you haven't read the original story.

Ridley_Prime
I have, just wasn't as bothered by some of the changes in the movie as others were. Them kinda changing the reason Darkseid went to the Kent farm was stupid though admittedly.

juggerman
I think you're exaggerating a bit too much....can you name at least 5 movies you're referring to?

Selene-Underworld
Selene Clone-Rise of the Lycans
Alice-Resident Evil
Uma Thurgood-Kill Bill
Lori-Total Recall
Katniss Everdeen-Hunger Games
Salt-Salt
Leeloo Dallas Multipass-The Fifth Element

That's just off the top of my head. I didn't think comicbook movies would count so i left them out. I'm sure i've miss a ton tho.

-Pr-
Selene-Underworld
Alice-Resident Evil
Uma Thurgood-Kill Bill
Lori-Total Recall
Salt-Salt

That's just off the top of my head. I didn't think comicbook movies would count so i left them out. I'm sure i've miss a ton tho.

Not sure if some of those count. Unless you're just listing badass leading ladies.

juggerman
Not sure if some of those count. Unless you're just listing badass leading ladies.

Who wouldn't count? My original statement was there are too many of these bad ass beat everyone the f*** up female roles out there. I think they all fall in that catagory

-Pr-
Who wouldn't count? My original statement was there are too many of these bad ass beat everyone the f*** up female roles out there. I think they all fall in that catagory

I don't have a problem with women being badass, more it being a case where there's a sinister agenda behind it.

I mean, Underworld doesn't suffer because Beckinsale looks hot in leather. Compare that to something like Resident Evil, which is at this point a director just making vehicles for his wife.

And it's Uma Thurman stick out tongue

juggerman
I don't have a problem with women being badass, more it being a case where there's a sinister agenda behind it.

I mean, Underworld doesn't suffer because Beckinsale looks hot in leather. Compare that to something like Resident Evil, which is at this point a director just making vehicles for his wife.

And it's Uma Thurman stick out tongue

I don't have a problem with it either i just think it's been overdone lately. Now it's just like every movie has a kick ass chick in it. Not just a woman that can take care of herself but one that always happen to be a master martial artist and can give Spiderman a run for his money.

I didn't like Rise of the Lycans cuz Sonja was supposed to be a princess and instead they went the whole warrior route again. And of course she just had to be the absolute best. She even beat Viktor's ass and he's supposed to basically be all powerful to them.

I'll be whatever i wanna do! big grin

marwash22
I don't have a problem with it either i just think it's been overdone lately. Now it's just like every movie has a kick ass chick in it. Not just a woman that can take care of herself but one that always happen to be a master martial artist and can give Spiderman a run for his money. so basically, these bitches need to get back in the kitchen.

cool.

juggerman
so basically, these bitches need to get back in the kitchen.

cool.

Just tired of the same thing over and over again

Tzeentch._
So do you not watch any action movies at all? You must be so tired of seeing manly action heroes running around being all manly. Like the Expendables? Oh my gawd been there done that, right?

You probably don't read comics either, huh? Cause come on, comics is just all manly action all the time, superheroes doing action stuff in every issue. God, you must be tired of seeing it all the time.

Robtard
LoL, this Post Hip Feminist.

Esau Cairn
Selene-Underworld
Alice-Resident Evil
Uma Thurgood-Kill Bill
Lori-Total Recall
Salt-Salt

From 5th Element ('97) to Hunger Games (2012), that's a good 15 year span of action movies that females still have a minority in the action lead role.

-Pr-
TBH, Bruce Willis had more action in Fifth Element than Jovovich did.

Kazenji

You probably don't read comics either, huh? Cause come on, comics is just all manly action all the time, superheroes doing action stuff in every issue. God, you must be tired of seeing it all the time.

Besides the face that there are some female heroes that have their own ongoing books.

Esau Cairn
TBH, Bruce Willis had more action in Fifth Element than Jovovich did.

Yeah I really don't count Leeloo as an action character.
She was more like the quirky love interest.

-Pr-
Yeah I really don't count Leeloo as an action character.
She was more like the quirky love interest.

She was a bit actiony, I mean, she had that scene in the hotel room. But the main action star was undoubtedly Willis. But yeah, the entire point of the movie was for Willis to protect her, not the other way around.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by Dolos

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=67208#kHtiUdidRB3kP18Y.99
The scriptwriters apparently had Action Comics # 472 in mind when they wrote this scene.
I doubt it has anything to do with girlpower. She more or less did the same thing to him in their first on-panel encounter pre-crisis.

TheOneFirestorm
Back to the movie do you want to see Clark Kent say "This looks like a job for Superman."

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>