How do I get a Profile Picture

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

C-3POTheClever
How do I get a profile picture for my account on this site?

siriuswriter
It's a good rule of thumb to read the rules of the site, but I'll explain anyway, it's a bit faster from a person who knows.

If you want to change your signature you need to scroll to the top of the page and click on "User CP." That will bring you to a kind of post station, it'll tell you where you're posting and what you're posting and allow you to subscribe to a forum.

From there, click "Edit Profile" and in the middle of that page you can use an image or text so long as it doesn't go over a certain pixel amount icons. You have to start at 56 x 56 on your first year at the forums, I think it's three years until you can use a normal-sized icon.

If you have images on your computer that you want to use for your signature or avatar, it just takes a little bit of finagling to use the uploading devices already set in place. The site will give a number that your image can not go over, and then there are the size rules that you'll want to look up to make sure you're not breaking any.

You can always use Paint or another image program to save your image at "lesser room," like changing the image from a .jpeg to a .gif.

And if you're having trouble finding images that work, and/or don't like any of the choices of avatars available to you, you can always go to the Signature Forum and request something. You'll need to know what you want, and have some links to images so the signature maker knows how you want it. Most of the time, signature makers already make an avatar that matches, but it's always good to be polite and ask because they are spending their time on you for free.

ManyBeers
just a test.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by siriuswriter
It's a good rule of thumb to read the rules of the site, but I'll explain anyway, it's a bit faster from a person who knows.

If you want to change your signature you need to scroll to the top of the page and click on "User CP." That will bring you to a kind of post station, it'll tell you where you're posting and what you're posting and allow you to subscribe to a forum.

From there, click "Edit Profile" and in the middle of that page you can use an image or text so long as it doesn't go over a certain pixel amount icons. You have to start at 56 x 56 on your first year at the forums, I think it's three years until you can use a normal-sized icon.

If you have images on your computer that you want to use for your signature or avatar, it just takes a little bit of finagling to use the uploading devices already set in place. The site will give a number that your image can not go over, and then there are the size rules that you'll want to look up to make sure you're not breaking any.

You can always use Paint or another image program to save your image at "lesser room," like changing the image from a .jpeg to a .gif.

And if you're having trouble finding images that work, and/or don't like any of the choices of avatars available to you, you can always go to the Signature Forum and request something. You'll need to know what you want, and have some links to images so the signature maker knows how you want it. Most of the time, signature makers already make an avatar that matches, but it's always good to be polite and ask because they are spending their time on you for free.

Thanks a lot!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.