Room for Improvement

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sixth_Winged
List down the greatest hurdles in your opinion good comic characters have that prevent them from reaching epic status.

When I mean epic status, I mean actually ""cool" in most people's eyes(not just some hardcore fans) and wash away the ugliness of their past incarnation.

Gonna start

DCnU Aquaman
Greatest Hurdle: Costume.

He got massively pushed in DCnU, got epic badass moments and good stories. He got his previous lame ass fish talk to be downplayed a bit and worked practically better in some cases. However.... Orange and Green...sucks. That's all

comicfan11
Aquaman - f@ckhead comic "fans" who know jack shit about the character and recycle what they see in Family Guy (a show I love except for the Aquaman part) Big Bang Theory etc.

Thanos - his fans. simple as that.

Ronan - to many space characters to get a shot.

Surfer - his mostly polite attitude and behavior

Wolverine - overusing him

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
List down the greatest hurdles in your opinion good comic characters have that prevent them from reaching epic status.

When I mean epic status, I mean actually ""cool" in most people's eyes(not just some hardcore fans) and wash away the ugliness of their past incarnation.

Gonna start

DCnU Aquaman
Greatest Hurdle: Costume.

He got massively pushed in DCnU, got epic badass moments and good stories. He got his previous lame ass fish talk to be downplayed a bit and worked practically better in some cases. However.... Orange and Green...sucks. That's all

His costume actually has meaning. Like, deep meaning.

DarkSaint85
He's a member of Miami U :-p

-Pr-
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He's a member of Miami U :-p

laughing out loud

pym-ftw
I like aquaman's armor, I'm sick of red and blue costumes

If your not superman, or Captain America cut it out
---------------------------------------

Thor/Superman
Hurdle: Finding balance between being the top guy on there respective teams, while not being so powerful that it defeats the purpose of forming a team

Cyclops
Hurdle: not being Magneto, and being ok with that

Hulk
Hurdle: Flight laughing out loud

Kang
Hurdle: not being a high end jobber

Luke Cage
Hurdle: Lord Rand

the ninjak
Pym: Bad writers ignoring past advancements in tier. They keep holding him back.

Cyclops: Bad writers ignoring his entire history.

Marvel Dracula: Whatever the hell they did with his reimagining. Pure fail. Classic Drac always kicked ass except against hunters. The new version is just a guy in a suit of armor and sword.
Makes me Postal.

Dr Strange: Last time I saw him he was screwing an intern in a university and feeling bad about it. What a loser he has become. Strange doesn't feel bad about anything. His character should be written as a man who was once a guardian god and now walks the Earth as a mere mortal. And no writer has been able to capture that. Such a waste!
He needs to leave the Avengers and go back to his roots. A star of a horror suspense supernatural series would be AWESOME.

Ironman: He went through plenty of upgrades in the last 8 or so years. And it killed what made Ironman awesome in the first place. A man in a suit who defeated his enemies narrowly using scientific geek theory. Now he's just a guy in a suit who punches goons till they go down. I remember Tony defeating villains and thinking "wow, that was really clever." Nowadays he just flukes his way through with extreme plot devices. I appreciate the upgrade. But Tony is cooler than this. Hoping his adventures with the GOTG are good.

pym-ftw
Pym & Stark
Hurdle: each other, they need a solid fight to see who is the top dog on earth

Aquaman
Hurdle: lack of asolid established low heralds to pit Arthur to contend with

Batman
Hurdle: the constant need for writers to have Batman one up himself

Sentry
Hurdle: Thor

Shuma Gorath
Hurdle: Feats

-Pr-
Manta is a solid villain...

comicfan11
Originally posted by -Pr-
Manta is a solid villain...

QFT
Manta is a mean COLD strategic b@stard. With good powerlevel also.

But I think what will turn a lot of heads is the upcoming Throne of Atlantis crossover and the depiction of the Nu Ocean Master.

Expect a lot of Holy $hit moments.

Also Preboot Aquaman had a hobby of trouncing 100 toners but they were not parts of his rogue's gallery. Olympian, The Deep Six, Triton, Ultraman, Lobo, Superboy, WW etc etc.
The list of fights Aquaman has won or done well puts many more respected characters to shame IMO.

-Pr-
Originally posted by comicfan11
QFT
Manta is a mean COLD strategic b@stard. With good powerlevel also.

But I think what will turn a lot of heads is the upcoming Throne of Atlantis crossover and the depiction of the Nu Ocean Master.

Expect a lot of Holy $hit moments.

Also Preboot Aquaman had a hobby of trouncing 100 toners but they were not parts of his rogue's gallery. Olympian, The Deep Six, Triton, Ultraman, Lobo, Superboy, WW etc etc.
The list of fights Aquaman has won or done well puts many more respected characters to shame IMO.

Yeah, he's done pretty well. The only thing is that they rarely made his victories against some of them straight up fist-fights, which I really think they need to start doing.

Bouboumaster
Galactus
Just seat around a table, and discuss what is his place in the MU, what autorithy does he has, what can he do, what he can't do, etc. And stop rebooting him every time he appears.

Spider-Man
Stop over-using him. The difference between him and Wolverine is that Wolverine is somewhat interesting, and still revelent. Spider-Man was created in the 60's. His fans are growing up. He was revelent when he was married, and dealing with life. After the reboot, his just falling in the same loop again, and again, and again. Boring as shit. Get him the heck away of the Avengers and the FF.

Reed Richards / Norrin Radd
They are both intelligent, in their own ways. But being cerebral doesn't mean that you can't have a certain amount of edge. Both of them should be more willing.

Hulk / Hercules
A lot of shit can be said on Greg Pak, but boy can he writes those two. Put him on both Hulk and Hercules, take a sit, and enjoy.

Thanos
Just stop to writing him. Not because he's not awesome. But in bad hands (Avengers Assemble!!!), Marvel is scrapping him. I want him in epic sagas. Not in that stuff!

Cyclops / Xavier
Both of them are/were written as being more and more jerks. So I'd say you better go balls to the walls, and write them as mother****ers, traitors, evil masterminds or something.

comicfan11
Yeah, he's done pretty well. The only thing is that they rarely made his victories against some of them straight up fist-fights, which I really think they need to start doing.

Agreed that's why I posted mainly his physical fights.
Plus I think this will be the case from now on.

So far he usually engages in close combat and I think that's the way to go also.

The Sorrow
Gladiator - Lack of appearances/importance to the MU. I think he could be quite popular if Marvel put more effort into building his character. Even his backstory during WOK (an event he was prominent in) felt quite rushed to me. Would love to see him appear more often.

Martian Manhunter - Needs to be a bit more of a badass, reminds me of Silver Surfer.

Hulk - More heroism like in the movie. Better rogues gallery to test himself against, constantly fighting hulked out creatures and Doombots gets old real fast.

Thor - Less jobbing, more respect. He does quite well in his own book but this past year has been terrible for Thor outside of that. Also for a guy who has basically seen it all and is a god, he is often portrayed as dense and very brutish, a bit too often for my liking.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus
Just seat around a table, and discuss what is his place in the MU, what autorithy does he has, what can he do, what he can't do, etc. And stop rebooting him every time he appears.

Spider-Man
Stop over-using him. The difference between him and Wolverine is that Wolverine is somewhat interesting, and still revelent. Spider-Man was created in the 60's. His fans are growing up. He was revelent when he was married, and dealing with life. After the reboot, his just falling in the same loop again, and again, and again. Boring as shit. Get him the heck away of the Avengers and the FF.

Reed Richards / Norrin Radd
They are both intelligent, in their own ways. But being cerebral doesn't mean that you can't have a certain amount of edge. Both of them should be more willing.

Hulk / Hercules
A lot of shit can be said on Greg Pak, but boy can he writes those two. Put him on both Hulk and Hercules, take a sit, and enjoy.

Thanos
Just stop to writing him. Not because he's not awesome. But in bad hands (Avengers Assemble!!!), Marvel is scrapping him. I want him in epic sagas. Not in that stuff!

Cyclops / Xavier
Both of them are/were written as being more and more jerks. So I'd say you better go balls to the walls, and write them as mother****ers, traitors, evil masterminds or something.

Cyclops just needs to go back to the way he was, is all.

Agreed that's why I posted mainly his physical fights.
Plus I think this will be the case from now on.

So far he usually engages in close combat and I think that's the way to go also.

When did he beat Wonder Woman h2h?

comicfan11
Cyclops just needs to go back to the way he was, is all.

When did he beat Wonder Woman h2h?

He didn't
That's why I included "done well against'

In Flashpoint though he had her almost beaten before Captain Thunder broke up the fight.

-Pr-
He didn't
That's why I included "done well against'

In Flashpoint though he had her almost beaten before Captain Thunder broke up the fight.

Oh okay.

I haven't read Flashpoint tbh, but I'm going to have to for the respect thread I guess.

Mindset

Spider-Man
Spider-Man was created in the 60's. His fans are growing up.

You see the comedy in this, right?

comicfan11
Oh okay.

I haven't read Flashpoint tbh, but I'm going to have to for the respect thread I guess.

I'll be the first to celebrate when this Respect Thread appears.
If you need anything pm me.

As for Flashpoint

You mainly need

Flashpoint #02,04,05
Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #01,02
Emperor Aquaman #01,02,03
Wonder Woman and the Furies #01,02,03

and also

Lois Lane and the Resistance #01
Abin Sur #01,03
Hal Jordan #01
World of Flashpoint #01,02,03
Booster Gold #45

Just to make it easier
And also the JLA Retrospective issue where Detroit Aquaman tussles with Detroit Steel.

JakeTheBank
Wonder Man: Needs to go back to being a hero and have a crowning moment of awesome.

Apocalypse: Too easy.

-Pr-
I'll be the first to celebrate when this Respect Thread appears.
If you need anything pm me.

As for Flashpoint

You mainly need

Flashpoint #02,04,05
Deathstroke and the Curse of the Ravager #01,02
Emperor Aquaman #01,02,03
Wonder Woman and the Furies #01,02,03

and also

Lois Lane and the Resistance #01
Abin Sur #01,03
Hal Jordan #01
World of Flashpoint #01,02,03
Booster Gold #45

Just to make it easier
And also the JLA Retrospective issue where Detroit Aquaman tussles with Detroit Steel.

Thanks, that helps.

I have most of the work done. Scans taken from comics etc. I'm just waiting on a couple of things before I seriously consider putting it together properly.

comicfan11
Thanks, that helps.

No prob at all

-Pr-
I might even put it together on an external site to get it ready for kmc.

comicfan11
I might even put it together on an external site to get it ready for kmc.

I'll spread the word when it's ready.
big grin

Mindset
Are you two gonna make out?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
Are you two gonna make out?

Jealous?

Mindset
No, I just want time to get my lotion.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Mindset
No, I just want time to get my lotion.

Well hurry up; don't want to start without you.

Sin I AM
Darwin, I love the character and his powerset. I haven't seen him do anything though since the Hela incident id like foe him to be more relevant, same goes for the rest of x factor especially Nate. I think some writers get intimidated when dealing with powerful characters so they create a depowerment scenario which destroys what we know and love.

Also alpha flight, mi:13, the winter guard etc, marvel should focus on the more obscure teams, let these other heroes shine.

pym-ftw
They just did a one shot for big hero 6, I'm the only person I know who bought it....

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Gladiator - Lack of appearances/importance to the MU. I think he could be quite popular if Marvel put more effort into building his character. Even his backstory during WOK (an event he was prominent in) felt quite rushed to me. Would love to see him appear more often.

Martian Manhunter - Needs to be a bit more of a badass, reminds me of Silver Surfer.

Hulk - More heroism like in the movie. Better rogues gallery to test himself against, constantly fighting hulked out creatures and Doombots gets old real fast.

Thor - Less jobbing, more respect. He does quite well in his own book but this past year has been terrible for Thor outside of that. Also for a guy who has basically seen it all and is a god, he is often portrayed as dense and very brutish, a bit too often for my liking.

This.

And please stop talking about Aqualameman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
This.

Warned.

carver9
Warned.

Lol...are you serious? After all this messing with that you do to me daily, I can't mess with you once? That's messed up Pr.

-Pr-
Lol...are you serious? After all this messing with that you do to me daily, I can't mess with you once? That's messed up Pr.

"Once"?

Try once a post.

carver9
"Once"?

Try once a post.

It's called revenge. I don't even know why you warn me half of the time. That's all you need to do is ask me to stop...its not like I would continue if you did. Oh well.

Odekahn
All heroes - Love interests.

Mindset
It's called revenge. I don't even know why you warn me half of the time. That's all you need to do is ask me to stop...its not like I would continue if you did. Oh well. He's jealous of you, man.

-Pr-
It's called revenge. I don't even know why you warn me half of the time. That's all you need to do is ask me to stop...its not like I would continue if you did. Oh well.

So stop.

carver9
So stop.

confused

The Sorrow
This.

DCnU Aquaman is pretty good! For me it's one of the more consistent Nu52 titles.

carver9
DCnU Aquaman is pretty good! For me it's one of the more consistent Nu52 titles.

Yeah, I like him as well...they did a complete 360 with the character.

Kazenji

Wolverine - overusing him

Not really these days.

JayDaDon

Spider-Man

If your only reading Spider-Man in avengers then of course he's not gonna be relevant because of Bendis. His own book is just starting to heat up again since spider-island. Slott is doing really good things with him.His book is one of the better things to come out of marvel, which isn't saying much these days, but he's helping keep it afloat. And coming to the conclusion that wolverine is somehow more relevant than Spider-Man is laughable. I really wanna know how you figure that one.

-Pr-

So he carried on as he was before, then?

That's true.

pym-ftw
^laughing out loud

carver9
So he carried on as he was before, then?

That's true.

Set up. Just be quiet Carver, don't fall for his tricks.

-Pr-
Carver needs to learn degrees.

Zack Fair
DCnU Aquaman is pretty good! For me it's one of the more consistent Nu52 titles. thumb up

carver9
Carver needs to learn degrees.

This is why I mess with you. Things like this.

iceman24567
Yeah, I like him as well...they did a complete 360 with the character. laughing

-Pr-
This is why I mess with you. Things like this.

You still don't know what you did wrong, did you.

Think about it. 360 degrees is what?

Mindset
About 6.3 radians.

Rage.Of.Olympus

laughing out loud

How do you even manage to dress yourself?

Mindset
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

How do you even manage to dress yourself? He doesn't.

ilikecomics
more like a complete 720

Mindset
Nah, 1080.

comicfan11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiCF1QdyxhM

DarkSaint85
This thread has gone 90 degrees.

Bouboumaster

"Id"
I would like to see Dr. Strange and X-Man team up for a mini or macro series.

Considering that Marvel has a rich background on Paranormal Phenomena, and Occultism, a seed can be planted to develop a good gritty plot that plot.

With the current depowered status, either could use each others help despite being total loners to their cause.

Estacado
Juggernaut:He pretty much sucks balls since the 8th day saga he makes a return in World War Hulk just to get BFR'd after like 3 panels. Then he get's punched into space by Hulk's son. After he get's tooled by Captain Universe then he loses most of his powers and becomes Luke Cage's lackey when he finally get's an upgrade he get's his ass handed to him by Colossusnaut after that Wolverine beats him as well.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hulk
Hurdle: Flight laughing out loud only on this forum

dmills
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing out loud

How do you even manage to dress yourself?

Lmfao

Lord Feron
Martian Manhunter
Hurdle: Superman's shadow.

Sentry
Crap story but could of been a cool new addition to the herald level class of Earth.

JakeTheBank
Iron Fist
Hurdle: Surrounded by weaklings.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Estacado
Juggernaut:He pretty much sucks balls since the 8th day saga he makes a return in World War Hulk just to get BFR'd after like 3 panels. Then he get's punched into space by Hulk's son. After he get's tooled by Captain Universe then he loses most of his powers and becomes Luke Cage's lackey when he finally get's an upgrade he get's his ass handed to him by Colossusnaut after that Wolverine beats him as well. but i must ask you: what has juggernaut EVER accomplished in his entire history?

juggernaut is just a high-tier henchmen/goon. he even partnered up with black tom cassidy and offered up half his power (input) to him, he was willing to offer up the only thing that makes him a more powerful version of rhino.

i guess his best accomplishment was when he took over some random planet, then thor showed up and beat that ass, and sent him packing into the void of space. if that same thing happened these days, thor wouldn't have to worry about the 60 second deal and he would have layed him out for good.

seriously, given his default powers, cain marko juggernaut has the lamest resume of any villain in comics if you weigh his power with what he's gained with their use.

Horrificus
Hulk- No soul to the creature anymore. I can actually picture the staff meetings at Marvel, discussing Hulk status.-

"Listen folks. Our data shows that the age groups, educational levels, adherence to MTV culture and financial profiles of our current target audience, respond most favorably to lots of explosions, easy-to-follow-plots and stories that can be resolved, in every instance, by amp'ing Hulk's power.

So, we should not be seeing any form of complex dialogue, character development or intelligent problem-solving.

Thus, in closing, please continue the current trend. If readers actually feel concern for the hulk, this is bad. If the end of a book cannot be guessed by the second page, this is bad. If there is even a possibility that the antagonist could prevail over hulk, this is bad. Regardless of who the antagonist is.

And, one more thing. If I see any respect for Marvel continuity, in ANY way, shape or form, it's gonna be somebody's A$$!!!

Thank you. Back to work."

Estacado
Originally posted by psycho gundam
but i must ask you: what has juggernaut EVER accomplished in his entire history?

juggernaut is just a high-tier henchmen/goon. he even partnered up with black tom cassidy and offered up half his power (input) to him, he was willing to offer up the only thing that makes him a more powerful version of rhino.

i guess his best accomplishment was when he took over some random planet, then thor showed up and beat that ass, and sent him packing into the void of space. if that same thing happened these days, thor wouldn't have to worry about the 60 second deal and he would have layed him out for good.

seriously, given his default powers, cain marko juggernaut has the lamest resume of any villain in comics if you weigh his power with what he's gained with their use.
Lulz.
Most of the villains don't accomplish anything since they are meant to lose.Just look at Doomsday he is a great villain and he doesn't have any goals just to do some damage or Darkseid he is all powerful and smart but he ends up losing to Superman.
As for Thor vs Juggernaut that match was PIS since his invulnerabilty never depended on his force field.
Also he was the one fought of most of the Examplars and saved Earth in 8th day and beat Thor without his forcefield in the same arc.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hulk- No soul to the creature anymore. I can actually picture the staff meetings at Marvel, discussing Hulk status.-

"Listen folks. Our data shows that the age groups, educational levels, adherence to MTV culture and financial profiles of our current target audience, respond most favorably to lots of explosions, easy-to-follow-plots and stories that can be resolved, in every instance, by amp'ing Hulk's power.

So, we should not be seeing any form of complex dialogue, character development or intelligent problem-solving.

Thus, in closing, please continue the current trend. If readers actually feel concern for the hulk, this is bad. If the end of a book cannot be guessed by the second page, this is bad. If there is even a possibility that the antagonist could prevail over hulk, this is bad. Regardless of who the antagonist is.

And, one more thing. If I see any respect for Marvel continuity, in ANY way, shape or form, it's gonna be somebody's A$$!!!

Thank you. Back to work."

no expression

Mshinu

Beating up Hulkie Boy is good enough for me.

Besides Cain is a classic bully not a some evil mastermind, does he really WANT anything beside a beer and come creature comforts?

Sixth_Winged
Gonna pitch in some more...

Red Hulk
Hurdle: Unique Abilities. Seems to be pussified atm. There is nothing that makes him special compared to the Green Behemoth save his tactical general mind and regeneration. Otherwise he's the very definition of brick.

Deadman
Hurdle: Costume. His design (old and new) just doesn't seem to fit his motif. Yes I know he died in his performing outfit but it's just awful.

That's all i can think off atm

Horrificus
Originally posted by Kazenji
no expression My thoughts exactly!
I knew we were on the same page. cool

Endless Mike
Originally posted by "Id"
I would like to see Dr. Strange and X-Man team up for a mini or macro series.

Considering that Marvel has a rich background on Paranormal Phenomena, and Occultism, a seed can be planted to develop a good gritty plot that plot.

With the current depowered status, either could use each others help despite being total loners to their cause.

I'd read that

Horrificus
Thanos- Needs to either get officially turned into a character with a permanent book, or, he needs the following changes:

1. Much Less Appearances. He is used way too much. There is no sense of awe when he shows up, like there used to be. No feeling of, "Oh Sh*t! This is about as serious as things can get."
2. Power him down slightly, so he is not unbeatable in combat. But, play up his intelligence, strategy, alliances and tools he has "acquired".
3. No more Good Guy Thanos. That is not who he is. The flip-flopping and stuff should stop. He is a villain. He should always be a villain. The Comic Book World should fear him. Period.
4. Let us stop knowing so much about him. Create some secrets again and new goals.

-Pr-
Geo-Force, Kimiyo Hoshi, Wally West and Red Tornado all need to be brought back.

Cyclops: Where do I start...
Stop trying to make him the new Magneto. It's OOC and completely flies in the face of the last fifty years.
Stop trying to ruin what he has/had with Emma. Seriously, does nobody at Marvel know how to write a grown-up relationship?
Stop with the hand-gestures. Seriously.

Colossus: Needs to get a writer that will treat him the way The Thing is treated in the F4. Getting tired of stupid gimmicks and Colossus joining the "not-good guys".

Avengers: There needs to be a classic avengers team/book.

Oh, and fix Green Arrow.

Will try to think of others.

JakeTheBank
If you're not down with Cyclops, he's got two words for ya!

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
If you're not down with Cyclops, he's got two words for ya!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Uncanny_X-Men_500_022.jpg

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

-Pr-
The sad thing is, that's a real panel. I didn't have to edit anything bar crop the page. sad

byrdgang21
I say Ares (Marvel). They never play up on his god of war status. He is always just portrayed as dumb brick.

Alpha Flight - IMO they are one of the most powerful teams in the MU. They can definitely be utilized more

Morlun - Morlun is a straight beast but his problem is that he doesn't have strong enough heroes to oppose. Because he has the link to animal totems he has only opposed characters like Spider-Man & black panther. I'd like to see him in a story involving a hero in a higher weight class. They can even do something with him & Sasquatch and tie rest of Alpha Flight in

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hulk- No soul to the creature anymore. the character evolved drastically. pak tied up most of the loose ends and took out almost all of his enemies, and power wise hulk has transcended them and being able to truly fight on earth, period

hulk should be in space somewhere fighting space creatures again where he can cut loose without earth and her inhabitants being an issue, this is what the old comics did with savage hulk all the time.

Originally posted by Estacado
Lulz.
Most of the villains don't accomplish anything since they are meant to lose.Just look at Doomsday he is a great villain and he doesn't have any goals just to do some damage or Darkseid he is all powerful and smart but he ends up losing to Superman.
As for Thor vs Juggernaut that match was PIS since his invulnerabilty never depended on his force field.
Also he was the one fought of most of the Examplars and saved Earth in 8th day and beat Thor without his forcefield in the same arc. but doomsday is plot device made for a specific purpose. he didn't even have a story till the next arc he appeared in cause it didn't matter then, but to justify his return they cobbled it together so he can have fights with kryptonians some more. nothing is wrong with that really.

juggernaut however is lame AF. he's been around since what, x-men #5? no classic stories to his credit, just the odd feat here and there. colossus has showed more promise with the powers he briefly had (there was something forming there)

TheOneFirestorm
Shocker He needs a mini series on why he dropped out of High School to became a safe cracker, burglar, and Shocker.
Also with enough power to destroy buildings, able to build his costume in prison he shouldn't be a chump.

Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)
He could be a enemy of other super heroes besides Spider Man.

pym-ftw
Crushed Creel:

He should become a anti-hero/muscle for Pym, I think if he was protective of William it could refresh him

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Shocker He needs a mini series on why he dropped out of High School to became a safe cracker, burglar, and Shocker.
Also with enough power to destroy buildings, able to build his costume in prison he shouldn't be a chump.

Hobgoblin (Roderick Kingsley)
He could be a enemy of other super heroes besides Spider Man. why he calls himself 'the shocker" is the most important piece of information

TheOneFirestorm
why he calls himself 'the shocker" is the most important piece of information

Still doesn't explain why decided to drop out,and become a safe cracker plus burglar.

comicfan11
Originally posted by byrdgang21
I say Ares (Marvel). They never play up on his god of war status. He is always just portrayed as dumb brick.

Alpha Flight - IMO they are one of the most powerful teams in the MU. They can definitely be utilized more

Morlun - Morlun is a straight beast but his problem is that he doesn't have strong enough heroes to oppose. Because he has the link to animal totems he has only opposed characters like Spider-Man & black panther. I'd like to see him in a story involving a hero in a higher weight class. They can even do something with him & Sasquatch and tie rest of Alpha Flight in

I agree 100% on Marvel Ares.
The God of War should be a deathdealing class 100 badass with war related unique abilities that makes everyone $hit their pants.

TheOneFirestorm
Does Morlun need the person to have animal powers in order to increase his power?

Brockalizer
Red Skull: Jewish writers.

Sixth_Winged
lol

Bouboumaster
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Uncanny_X-Men_500_022.jpg

laughing

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mshinu
Beating up Hulkie Boy is good enough for me.

Besides Cain is a classic bully not a some evil mastermind, does he really WANT anything beside a beer and come creature comforts? bump

juggernaut would have been raped by hulk if he really wanted to make it happen. if you don't believe that then you are lying to yourself or the usual hulk hate

juggernaut wasn't holding back (especially after getting beaten like a child right before that) but the hulk was holding back how he fought sentry, let alone arm'cheddon....let alone diet worldbreaker.......let alone HOTM true worldbreaker

about the last part: him just wanting to be a bully and doing petty stuff is really lame. it would be like cat woman getting black adam's power but still using it for cat burglaries.

small tyme

TheHulk
Hulk-Lack Of Versatillity

Superman-Even inside comics, he is overly too nice and easy going.

Captain Marvel-DC refusal to see him as a equal to Supes. evil face

Aquaman-His entire conception no expression

Sentry-Bendis

Thanos-Quanchi

psycho gundam
Originally posted by TheHulk
Hulk-Lack Of Versatillity
lack of versatility only matter on the versus forum. in comics he beat the majority of earth's heroes that have every power combination you could want.

-Pr-
Aquaman-His entire conception no expression

Gonna need more than that.

lack of versatility only matter on the versus forum. in comics he beat the majority of earth's heroes that have every power combination you could want. thats not even the issue. the hulk is a classic design and concept, drastic changes to his pwoerset would damage the characer

Odekahn

Thanos-Quanchi

LOL

armedforbattle
Originally posted by 753
thats not even the issue. the hulk is a classic design and concept, drastic changes to his pwoerset would damage the characer thumb up
Yeah the gotta keep characters the way they are to keep originality.

Examples:
Why doesn't tony just build Captain America a Suit?
Because he wouldn't be Cap anymore

Why don't they make hulk fly?
Part of hulks character is being one sided brick

Tony has made really powerful suits before, why not make it his standard suit?
Again its part of his character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.