TTT: Extended Edition and ROTK (Spoilers!)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Not sure if I should put this in the movie discussion section or here in the LOTR section...

I've been reading some news articles over at TheOneRing.net, and found some interesting stuff.

In an interview with Billy Boyd, some Two Towers: Extended Edition scenes were revealed. There will be more Faramir scenes and more Treebeard/Ent scenes. The only ones spoken of were these two:

-- Merry and Pippin travel with Treebeard and drink Entdraught at his home, and then listen to Treebeard's "horrible poetry."

-- Boromir makes a cameo, supposedly in Faramir's flashback of finding Boromir in the boat.

Also, someone at a fan convention somehow got to watch the ROTK trailer. As usual, the scenes come by at the blur, but it seems to be 2 minutes long. Some images include:

-- A weaping Eomer holding a wounded Theoden at Pelennor Fields.

-- Faramir and Eowyn embracing in Minas Tirith.

-- Clips of the Battle of Pelennor Fields.

-- Gandalf telling Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli that they are running out of time.

-- Aragorn walking the Paths of the Dead (bones everywhere).

-- Aragorn leading the armies of Gondor and Rohan with the White Tree emblazened on his breast plate.

-- Sam crying to Frodo "Can't you see? He's betrayed us!"

-- Sam charging after something with the Phial of Galadriel in hand.

There were a few more, but one thing was really disturbing... Sauron apparently fights in physical form at the battle at the Black Gates, wielding his mace once more.

Member.
wow, nicebig grin

Captain REX
Yes, I hope this is a true report, though I'm sure it is.

Sauron in the battle at the Black Gate...hmm...

Also there are the scenes at the end of the TTT video game for the GC and PS2.

"Sauron is afraid of you, Aragorn."

turin
ya dude i had a feeling sauron would be at the black gate. i heard an intervue with peter jackson where he said you could nt shoot all of starwars with out showing darth vader. it is a deviation from the book but i will still enjoy seeing that.

mah
YES! I'd love to see them drink entdraught

Mujaffa
couldn't you write in spoilers

mah
nah, the movie's already out, 90% here has seen it

Captain REX
Plus, I put (Spoilers!) at the top, so if you don't want to be spoiled, don't read. big grin

Yes, the entdraught should be interesting. I wonder if they make Pippin and Merry get a little taller and their hair get curlier.

undomiel
That would be cool if those were true
but the one thing that would seem a little strange to put in the trailer is the part when Eomer is weaping over Theoden, I think it would kind of spoil the movie for those who do not know what happens.

Captain REX
Wasn't that in one of the TTT trailers?

undomiel
I dont think so

cermiestar
sounds AMAZING! can't wait for december......i have prem tickets for ROTK in london. how cool!?

Senor_Pessoba
looking forward to seeing boromir again

LilySatine
I simly can't wait for it to be released! big grin
*Jumps for joy*

chica16
yeah.. eowyn and faramir get married... aragorn and arwen get married.. theoden dies... I CANT WAIT TO SEE SHELOB

Izz
I'd hate to see Sauron fighting with his mace again. I think it is one of the worst pieces of the FOTR when Sauron fights. It's just so.....I don't know how to say... it's just too much.

chica16
sauron shouldn't come ba ck i dont think..... i think you might be thinking of the mouth of sauron maybe?????

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.