Walkie-talkie is affecting my laptop?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tzeentch._
So I'm at work right now, and I've noticed that whenever I hit the transmit button on my radio, my laptop screen goes black. When I let go of the transmit button, the display comes back on instantly.

I actually noticed this a few months ago, and have tested it frequently.

It's not a real issue, which is why this isn't in the computer help section. I'm just wondering if any of you guys might know how my radio might be connected to my laptop in such a way that it could make the screen turn off.

edit- On a hunch, I just tried pulling out the power cord (because I have my laptop set to never go to sleep if its plugged in) and hitting the transmit button. Hitting the button actually made my laptop go to sleep. blink

Astner
The laptop shouldn't run on radio-waves if that's what you think. The button has to be connected to the laptop.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
So I'm at work right now, and I've noticed that whenever I hit the transmit button on my radio, my laptop screen goes black. When I let go of the transmit button, the display comes back on instantly.

I actually noticed this a few months ago, and have tested it frequently.

It's not a real issue, which is why this isn't in the computer help section. I'm just wondering if any of you guys might know how my radio might be connected to my laptop in such a way that it could make the screen turn off.

edit- On a hunch, I just tried pulling out the power cord (because I have my laptop set to never go to sleep if its plugged in) and hitting the transmit button. Hitting the button actually made my laptop go to sleep. blink

If there's no physical connection (which I assume there isn't) via cable, it might be Bluetooth related. Try turning off your laptop's Bluetooth, if it has one.

StyleTime
Is that whole "working hard/hardly working" joke still funny?

No?

Oh, well that's pretty much all I had. Uh....just try what Robtard said I guess. I've got no idea.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
If there's no physical connection (which I assume there isn't) via cable, it might be Bluetooth related. Try turning off your laptop's Bluetooth, if it has one.

If this doesn't work, try turning off all radio wireless communication devices on your laptop. Device manager.

Also, stop fapping while at work.

Robtard
Originally posted by Astner
The laptop shouldn't run on radio-waves if that's what you think. The button has to be connected to the laptop.

See: Bluetooth. It's this not so new technology, you might want to look into it.

crystalmaden
There's a radiation. Put away your walkie-talkie.

Yurika
Similar thing happens. When i use my cell phone near my laptop, the signal gets really bad. Maybe mutual interference between electronic products

Colossus-Big C
Bluetooth is radio.

bluehouse
I think you should just stay out your laptop from those walkie-talkie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.