Thor vs Kalibak in H2H Combat (No weapons)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67798/1819251-am4w005.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Thor

Galan007
Thor.

JakeTheBank
Thor.

ozz81
thor

JakeTheBank
Consensus has been reached.

Starscream M
kalibak.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Of course.

Batman-Prime
Thor 7-8/10

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor.

Originally posted by Starscream M
kalibak.

Nope, you're wrong.

Galan007
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thor 7-8/10 Unless Thor goes into this battle with no arms and one leg, I really don't see how an argument can be made for Kalibak to take even 2-3 wins, tbh. If nothing else, Kalibak's numerous failures over the years have shown us that he is decisively below the Superman/Orion/Thor strength tier.

the Darkone
Thor hands down, Odinson will send Kalibk back to too daddy Darkseid in a wheel chair.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
Unless Thor goes into this battle with no arms and one leg, I really don't see how an argument can be made for Kalibak to take even 2-3 wins, tbh. If nothing else, Kalibak's numerous failures over the years have shown us that he is decisively below the Superman/Orion/Thor strength tier. kalibak never faced a handicapped superman

Batman-Prime
Unless Thor goes into this battle with no arms and one leg, I really don't see how an argument can be made for Kalibak to take even 2-3 wins, tbh. If nothing else, Kalibak's numerous failures over the years have shown us that he is decisively below the Superman/Orion/Thor strength tier.

Thor's stock dropped during the last months tbh. So 2-3 seems reasonable.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, because Thor getting his ass kicked repeatedly by the Phoenix (And bouncing right back mind you despite the beatings) translates into Kalibak getting wins.

Yea, that makes plenty of sense.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I noticed people like to harp on the bad showings but forget about the positive ones he's had.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, because Thor getting his ass kicked repeatedly by the Phoenix (And bouncing right back mind you despite the beatings) translates into Kalibak getting wins.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

And I noticed people like to harp on the bad showings but forget about the positive ones he's had.

thumb up

Starscream M

And I noticed people like to harp on the bad showings but forget about the positive ones he's had. I really don't think ppl forget about the positive ones, given the constant reminders we're given by the KMC thor brigade

fer crying out loud, some of his feats from decades ago are still often given on a constant basis

Galan007
kalibak never faced a handicapped superman ...Which is why he's been stomped so many times. thumb up

JakeTheBank
I really don't think ppl forget about the positive ones, given the constant reminders we're given by the KMC thor brigade

fer crying out loud, some of his feats from decades ago are still often given on a constant basis

I've already listed his impressive feats from 2007 on up, right when JMS brought him back from the dead, and numerous times. If you want a list, I'd be more than happy to list his showings since his return.

But, then again, if Thor's one of your top 5 favorite characters, you should know all of them or most of them.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Seriously, Gladiator has taken the second worst beating and he's still in intensive care (Not even close to the numerous one's Thor has had).

The entire event lasted what, a week or two in Marvel time? Thor started the event by facing the Phoenix Force who mind you incinerated an entire planets (Also Terrax) by flying through them and was being hype by Alonso and the other "geniuses" at Marvel as being greater than Galactus.

Do you guys know why Thor got his ass kicked by the Phoenix Force so much? It's because he's the most powerful Avenger and the only one who can be justified to do what he did.

Even Hulk with all the love he gets wasn't sent into space because "he was out of his depth" or whatever.

I wish the beatings didn't happen and he got more respect like back in the day but whatever, it's comics.

Starscream M
getting beat by phoenix force is not even a low-showing imo

Starscream M

But, then again, if Thor's one of your top 5 favorite characters, you should know all of them or most of them. yes I do know them, and tbh I haven't been that impressed...I feel that hulk and superman have had more impressive showings in the same span of time

Galan007
Seriously, the only person who's taken the second worst beating is Gladiator and he's still in intensive care.

The entire event lasted what, a week or two in Marvel time? Thor started the event by facing the Phoenix Force who mind you incinerated an entire planets (Also Terrax) by flying through them and was being hype by Alonso and the other "geniuses" at Marvel as being greater than Galactus.

Do you guys know why Thor got his ass kicked by the Phoenix Force so much? It's because he's the most powerful Avenger and the only one who can be justified to do what he did.

Even Hulk with all the love he gets wasn't sent into space because "he was out of his depth" or whatever.

I wish the beatings didn't happen and he got more respect like back in the day but whatever, it's comics. U mad, bro?

-Pr-
Thor obviously; even amped, I'm not sure Kalibak is in that weight class.

Standard Kalibak gets knocked the **** out, though.

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-

Standard Kalibak gets knocked the **** out, though. how is kalibak not in that weight class? the guy is a superman villain

Galan007

Standard Kalibak gets knocked the **** out, though. Imo an amped Kalibak would be well above Thor's strength tier, given how easily he owned Orion.

I concur with your assessment of standard Kalibak, doh. thumb up

Rage.Of.Olympus
U mad, bro?

Lol, f*ck you Galan!

But nah, I was annoyed but now I just roll with it.

JakeTheBank
Lol, wait...Gladiator is still all beat up and shit?

But, yeah, we're on the same page here. Thor losing to the goddamn Phoenix Force/Avatars in an event where said Force/Avatars are being consistently portrayed as beyond teams of Avengers/X-Men doesn't equate to Kalibak being able to beat him. Using those showings as "low end" for Thor doesn't even make sense, much less as evidence he could be beaten by someone historically less impressive than he.

The only real lower showings from Thor recently is the crap from Avengers Assemble (Baddoon fodder going over him is most certainly and indisputably PIS) and Hulk from AA and "Let the Battle Begin". And Hulk's been getting his jock rode on hardcore by Marvel for a while now and operating at his highest levels since ever. Even then, an exhausted Thor took an amped Green Scar and sent his ass into orbit with one shot.

-Pr-
how is kalibak not in that weight class? the guy is a superman villain

So is Toyman.

And no, Kalibak is a servant of Darkseid. He's a Superman rogue by association, not because they have a rivalry of sorts. He's a herald, sure, but he's not Superman's equal, which is why Superman has completely dominated him more often than not.

Imo an amped Kalibak would be well above Thor's strength tier, given how easily he owned Orion.

I concur with your assessment of standard Kalibak, doh. thumb up

Quiet you.

JakeTheBank
yes I do know them, and tbh I haven't been that impressed...I feel that hulk and superman have had more impressive showings in the same span of time

Like what?

Starscream M
And Hulk's been getting his jock rode on hardcore by Marvel for a while now and operating at his highest levels since ever. statements like this make you lose credibility jake erm

I've always said (as shown in my numerous debate battles against rage awhile ago) that marvel always intended hulk to be the more powerful of the two compared to thor...this is not a new phenomenon

Rage.Of.Olympus
Quiet you.

Let's just put Galan back in his cage.

Badabing
Can Thor do this?

HoasK5Ybkkg

stick out tongue

Galan007
Lol, f*ck you Galan!

But nah, I was annoyed but now I just roll with it. laughing out loud

I've still yet to read any of the AvX garbage. No interest, tbh.

So is Toyman.

And no, Kalibak is a servant of Darkseid. He's a Superman rogue by association, not because they have a rivalry of sorts. He's a herald, sure, but he's not Superman's equal, which is why Superman has completely dominated him more often than not. And Livewire. And Metallo.

being a Superman rogue doesn't mean you are equal to Superman by proxy.

Quiet you. vin

Starscream M
Like what? like when WWH took on the entire marvel universe...or when WBH literally cracked the planet with his footsteps

when superman benchpressed the friggin Earth while sundeprived

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes I do know them, and tbh I haven't been that impressed...I feel that hulk and superman have had more impressive showings in the same span of time

One of Thor's fight's with the Phoenix Force (The one where he clips it's wings) > Anything Hulk or Superman have done power wise recently (Off the top of my head anyways)

-Pr-
statements like this make you lose credibility jake erm

I've always said (as shown in my numerous debate battles against rage awhile ago) that marvel always intended hulk to be the more powerful of the two compared to thor...this is not a new phenomenon

Don't bash.

laughing out loud

I've still yet to read any of the AvX garbage. No interest, tbh.

And Livewire. And Metallo.

being a Superman rogue doesn't mean you are equal to Superman by proxy.

vin

Exactly.

JakeTheBank

Let's not bring up whose statements make which one of us lose credibility, dooder.

Stronger, yes. More powerful, no. Consistently, through out their decades long rivalry, Thor has always been able to compete with and yes, most of the time stalemate Hulk or ensure their battles end conclusively. It's only been in this post Pak world that Hulk has been able to clearly dominate Thor in close quarters. I mean, shit, apparently in the Avengers Season 1 trade, Thor takes on Grey and Savage Hulk at the same time and wins. And then there's what happened in Fear Itself.

Silent Master
kalibak.

What feats does Kalibak have to justify him winning?

Badabing
Let's not bring up whose statements make which one of us lose credibility, dooder.

Stronger, yes. More powerful, no. Consistently, through out their decades long rivalry, Thor has always been able to compete with and yes, most of the time stalemate Hulk or ensure their battles end conclusively. It's only been in this post Pak world that Hulk has been able to clearly dominate Thor in close quarters. I mean, shit, apparently in the Avengers Season 1 trade, Thor takes on Grey and Savage Hulk at the same time and wins. And then there's what happened in Fear Itself. Jake, you do know you're playing games with life stepping up to Brucie, right? osheet

Starscream M

Stronger, yes. More powerful, no. Consistently, through out their decades long rivalry, Thor has always been able to compete with and yes, most of the time stalemate Hulk or ensure their battles end conclusively. It's only been in this post Pak world that Hulk has been able to clearly dominate Thor in close quarters. I mean, shit, apparently in the Avengers Season 1 trade, Thor takes on Grey and Savage Hulk at the same time and wins. And then there's what happened in Fear Itself. jake, I was more referring to your whining whenever hulk is good, its marvel riding his jock, rather than giving the green fella his proper due

marvel has hinted at hulk being superior to thor with the movie hulk vs, where hulk pounded out thor

a hulk at peak form would beat a thor at peak form, thats marvel's editorial stance, it doesn't matter whether you or I like it or not

JakeTheBank
like when WWH took on the entire marvel universe...or when WBH literally cracked the planet with his footsteps

when superman benchpressed the friggin Earth while sundeprived

If WWH took on the entire Marvel Universe, he'd be a green smear of gamma irradiated crap.

And you think using Hulk and (DCnU) Superman's arguably greatest feats ever somehow trump Thor's entire history?

Thor's actual combat feats and list of beings and entities he's beaten or harmed are more impressive than either, imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Silent Master
What feats does Kalibak have to justify him winning? I wasn't serious, although I do think Kalibak would not be stomped, he'd give thor a good fight but would prob lose though, more due to his pathetic mentality

Rage.Of.Olympus

a hulk at peak form would beat a thor at peak form, thats marvel's editorial stance, it doesn't matter whether you or I like it or not

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2489114-rune_king_thor.jpg

Starscream M
If WWH took on the entire Marvel Universe, he'd be a green smear of gamma irradiated crap.
you think thor could've done what WWH did...come on

Silent Master
I wasn't serious, although I do think Kalibak would not be stomped, he'd give thor a good fight but would prob lose though, more due to his pathetic mentality

IOW, you were trolling.

Starscream M
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/12/123120/2489114-rune_king_thor.jpg I don't mean different versions

rune king thor obviously obliterates any hulk

-Pr-

With that much PIS? Sure he could have.

JakeTheBank
jake, I was more referring to your whining whenever hulk is good, its marvel riding his jock, rather than giving the green fella his proper due

marvel has hinted at hulk being superior to thor with the movie hulk vs, where hulk pounded out thor

Anyone with eyes can see that Greg Pak and Marvel's Editorial team has pushed the Hulk recently to levels beyond anything else we've seen on panel. Me using colorful terminology doesn't change that. So yes, this is a new light Hulk's been portrayed in.

Yes, and there was a shit load of context to that as well, (ie. Loki manipulating Hulk and killing the Banner part of his soul, which gives us a Hulk that's definitely the norm).

Conventionally, Hulk would beat Thor, eventually, sure. I can live with that. Most powerful form of Thor would rape the most powerful Hulk's corpse, too. Still doesn't mean Thor's "weaker" or less formidable because Hulk's operating on a stronger level than he is.

pym-ftw
Yes, better and faster

If given the Pak force

JakeTheBank

If Thor was raging pissed over the death of say, Sif and/or Jane Foster, took his allies and resources from Asgard and invaded Earth?

Sure, it could happen.

In fact, it already did in the Reigning.

carver9
This isn't a Hulk vs Thor thread.

Starscream M

Still doesn't mean Thor's "weaker" or less formidable because Hulk's operating on a stronger level than he is. in the avengers movie, who was the team's ace card? hint: it wasn't thor, it was hulk

JakeTheBank
in the avengers movie, who was the team's ace card? hint: it wasn't thor, it was hulk

What the phuck does that have to do with anything? Also Thor's role was the most pivotal in Cap's plan; he solo'd several of the Leviathans on screen and who knows how many more off screen to stop New York City from being swarmed.

Do you want me to name all the times Thor's been the biggest gun in the Avengers or something?

Hulk being portrayed as the strongest he's ever been in his entire history doesn't make Thor weaker or less formidable than before.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Read Blood and Thunder. Also the Reigning.

If Thor came back to Marvel Earth angrier than ever, equipped with formidable Asgardian allies and a power boost? Marvel Earth won't have a chance imho.

pym-ftw
Did you watch Avengers he killed more enemys than Hulk, Cap, & Tony put together

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was also the only Avengers who wasn't in danger of getting beaten near the climax. Despite being stabbed oddly enough.

psycho gundam
no mjolnir for thor, what a surprise laughing out loud

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thread 1001 and counting.

Badabing
Hulk >>> Thor.

durhulk >>> durthor

Starscream M
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no mjolnir for thor, what a surprise laughing out loud um, cuz it would be even more spite otherwise

you realize I only remove mjolnir in fights where otherwise thor would stomp right?

pym-ftw
I think we all agree

Hulk>>>>>>Kalibak

NemeBro

I am pretty sure that Stan Lee has outright said that he always intended Thor to be Marvel's most powerful mainstream (Has their own title or whatever) superhero, above even Hulk.

I am just saying.

pym-ftw
He said the same for Sentry aswell...

Just sayin

carver9
WWH isn't a normal Hulk...not in the least...recent Hulk isn't a normal Hulk. It's obvious he received a major power boost but that doesn't mean Thor is weak or isn't a peer to Superman, that just mean Hulk received an amped from somewhere that I am unaware of. Why is this even being discussed? Both Thor and Hulk are monsters...writers for some strange reason are treating Hulk like a trans level character which I feel safe at saying "will not last forever.".

Starscream M
Originally posted by NemeBro
I am pretty sure that Stan Lee has outright said that he always intended Thor to be Marvel's most powerful mainstream (Has their own title or whatever) superhero, above even Hulk.

I am just saying. he may very well have

but stan lee isn't the same as the current marvel editorial

and he may have changed his stance since making that statement

JakeTheBank

I am just saying.

He did. And while Lee's intent and statements obviously don't mean much nowadays, you can look at their respective histories as a whole (both their fights with one another and independent of one another) and see how Marvel views them.

Hulk being the strongest man-creature on the planet doesn't detract from Thor being consistently referred to as the Mightiest of Earth's Mightiest Heroes and the fact that he's saved the planet from bigger threats than Hulk has regularly.

NemeBro
You said "always".

Always =/= current.

Edit: Until he got beaten with the nerf bat, wasn't Doctor Strange the mightiest hero on Earth? To the extent that he was more of a walking plot device than a superhero?

Off-topic, but just curious.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
WWH isn't a normal Hulk...not in the least...recent Hulk isn't a normal Hulk. It's obvious he received a major power boost but that doesn't mean Thor is weak or isn't a peer to Superman, that just mean Hulk received an amped from somewhere that I am unaware of. Why is this even being discussed? Both Thor and Hulk are monsters...writers for some strange reason are treating Hulk like a trans level character which I feel safe at saying "will not last forever.".

When Carver is one of the voices of reasons in a thread, you know something's up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You said "always".

Always =/= current.

Stop making sense, don't you realize that doesn't make any sense to Bruce?

Inconsiderate assh*le.

JakeTheBank
You said "always".

Always =/= current.

Edit: Until he got beaten with the nerf bat, wasn't Doctor Strange the mightiest hero on Earth? To the extent that he was more of a walking plot device than a superhero?

Off-topic, but just curious.

I applaud standing up to the peak human vigilante.

Dr. Strange's best showings are usually due to plot devices and amps. Classic Strange isn't decisively more powerful than the likes of either Surfer or Thor. He could beat either one, sure, but they could likewise beat him as well. That said, I do believe on panel he was referred to as the most powerful being on the planet at least once.

Galan007
WWH isn't a normal Hulk...not in the least...recent Hulk isn't a normal Hulk. It's obvious he received a major power boost but that doesn't mean Thor is weak or isn't a peer to Superman, that just mean Hulk received an amped from somewhere that I am unaware of. Why is this even being discussed? Both Thor and Hulk are monsters...writers for some strange reason are treating Hulk like a trans level character which I feel safe at saying "will not last forever.". Holy. Crap.

I'm proud of you, carver. clapclap

guy222
thor

Batman-Prime

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not only getting one-shot by the P5, Rhino with his Horn or Taurus from Zodiac did it too.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not only getting one-shot by the P5, Rhino with his Horn or Taurus from Zodiac did it too.

Rhino stabbed him in the heart with the Midgard Serpent's tooth from behind while Thor was owning Electro and the Odinson was fine in a few hours tops. How on Earth do you think that translates into Kailbak winning 3 more fights than usual?

Taurus is the closest thing you've listed to a relevant example but even then that's not enough to justify the sudden drop in Thor's performance. You'd need a dozen showings like that to knock Thor down to the peg you're ranking him at. And for all of Thor's losses, they're nothing compared to the beatings Kalibak has received. And IIRC Thor was beating up Taurus and another member of the Zodiac later.

Batman-Prime
Rhino stabbed him in the heart with the Midgard Serpent's tooth from behind while Thor was owning Electro and the Odinson was fine in a few hours tops. How on Earth do you think that translates into Kailbak winning 3 more fights than usual?

Taurus is the closest thing you've listed to a relevant example but even then that's not enough to justify the sudden drop in Thor's performance. You'd need a dozen showings like that to knock Thor down to the peg you're ranking him at. And for all of Thor's losses, they're nothing compared to the beatings Kalibak has received. And IIRC Thor was beating up Taurus and another member of the Zodiac later.

I gave Thor the win in this thread 7-8/10. If that's not enough to you ok, my reasoning is Thor getting too often koed since some months. At least we agree on Taurus, so that would warrant an 9/10 in you opinion?

^^

Rage.Of.Olympus
I gave Thor the win in this thread 7-8/10. If that's not enough to you ok, my reasoning is Thor getting too often koed since some months. At least we agree on Taurus, so that would warrant an 9/10 in you opinion?

^^

Based on that examples you're listing, you're reasoning is wrong. Being stabbed in the heart by an amped Rhino from behind, owned by the Phoenix Force etc. in no actual way translates to Kalibak getting a win.

Nope, not good enough.

Batman-Prime
Based on that examples you're listing, you're reasoning is wrong. Being stabbed in the heart by an amped Rhino from behind, owned by the Phoenix Force etc. in no actual way translates to Kalibak getting a win.

Nope, not good enough.

Taurus?

Damborgson
I really don't think ppl forget about the positive ones, given the constant reminders we're given by the KMC thor brigade

Your favorite characters being inferior to ours doesn't mean you get to be all butt hurt about it. Take it like a man.

abhilegend
Thor 6/10.

Silent Master
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor 10/10.

Fixed

abhilegend
Fixed
Go somewhere else snake-eyes.

JakeTheBank
Thor 6/10.

Lowballing the Odinson, I see.

Starscream M
Lowballing the Odinson, I see. he's entitled to his opinion

JakeTheBank
he's entitled to his opinion

So are you.

Doesn't make either of you right.

Silent Master
he's entitled to his opinion

Yea, he's entitled to be wrong.

abhilegend
Lowballing the Odinson, I see.
More like giving kalibak his due.

JakeTheBank

Yeah, his due is getting beat up by Thor in H2H pretty decisively.

Silent Master

What feats does Kalibak have that warrant getting 4/10 against Thor?

abhilegend
Yeah, his due is getting beat up by Thor in H2H pretty decisively.
No, him getting beaten by superman after a brawl doesn't mean thor can do so too. Kalibak is treated as orion's equal in strength on average and has overpowered captain marvel in straight h2h. His durability is his downfall, even then superman koing him in 3 blows while all out in OWAW doesn't lowers kalibak's stock.

JakeTheBank
No, him getting beaten by superman after a brawl doesn't mean thor can do so too. Kalibak is treated as orion's equal in strength on average and has overpowered captain marvel in straight h2h. His durability is his downfall, even then superman koing him in 3 blows while all out in OWAW doesn't lowers kalibak's stock.

k, so nothing to warrant he could beat up Thor 4/10 times.

Glad we had this talk, bro. thumb up

abhilegend
What feats does Kalibak have that warrant getting 4/10 against Thor?
Overpowering captain marvel, stalemating orion in pure contest of strength where orion admitted kalibak is his equal, stalemating byrne superman etc.

abhilegend
k, so nothing to warrant he could beat up Thor 4/10 times.

Glad we had this talk, bro. thumb up
laughing out loud
Remain in denial. The days where thor was considered a peer to superman in strength are long gone.

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud
Remain in denial. The days where thor was considered a peer to superman in strength are long gone.

I'm not in denial of anything. Thor hasn't been depowered despite the rather clumsy attempts of those trying to spin it as such.

Also, not sure what Superman has to do with Thor beating up Kalibak, but it wouldn't be the first time that you've wormed him in a thread he's not in.

Silent Master
Overpowering captain marvel, stalemating orion in pure contest of strength where orion admitted kalibak is his equal, stalemating byrne superman etc.

So, you're saying that Kalibak is stronger than Captain Marvel and equal to Orion and Superman?

abhilegend
So, you're saying that Kalibak is stronger than Captain Marvel and equal to Orion and Superman?
He is equal to orion in strength most of time. Superman is stronger than both.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I'm not in denial of anything. Thor hasn't been depowered despite the rather clumsy attempts of those trying to spin it as such.

Also, not sure what Superman has to do with Thor beating up Kalibak, but it wouldn't be the first time that you've wormed him in a thread he's not in.
Yeah, his strength isn't on the same level as before.

I'm not worming anyone here. People chosing thor to beat kalibak based on superman beating him are doing that.

JakeTheBank
He is equal to orion in strength most of time. Superman is stronger than both.
Yeah, his strength isn't on the same level as before.

I'm not worming anyone here. People chosing thor to beat kalibak based on superman beating him are doing that.

No, he's not been depowered.

Thor beats Kalibak convincingly based on his own feats, regardless of how Superman factors in.

The Sorrow
writers for some strange reason are treating Hulk like a trans level character which I feel safe at saying "will not last forever.".
I wouldn't bet on this being the case. Mark Waid seems like he is intending to write a powerful Hulk from his comments about the new "Indestructible" run.

http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/IndestructibleHulk_1_Preview6.jpg

^Blasting Hulk with tech that can melt Adamantium...? I bet he will just shrug that off or something like that.

On topic, I think Thor has been toned down the last few years but he has enough to win here more often than not. He will definitely be tested though.

celeyhyga17
Kalibak is to Orion as Ulik is to Thor = He will get his @$$ beat virtually all the time.

abhilegend
No, he's not been depowered.

Thor beats Kalibak convincingly based on his own feats, regardless of how Superman factors in.
His strength has been toned down.

No more than 6/10. If its any consolation, I would give the same odds to captain marvel and 5/10 to diana.

Sixth_Winged
Kalibak is a jobber, there is currently no form of recent thor jobbings that peg him down enough for Kalibak to have a chance.

Thor for the win by massive beating to the ugly's face.

DarkSaint85
Thor wins pretty convincingly.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
Kalibak is a jobber, there is currently no form of recent thor jobbings that peg him down enough for Kalibak to have a chance.

Thor for the win by massive beating to the ugly's face.
You sure about that? Kalibak never got beaten by badoon fodders and had his beta club exploded on his face, unlike thor's lightning it didn't koed him. Neither did someone like rachel summers beat him on his own game.

Silent Master
He is equal to orion in strength most of time. Superman is stronger than both.

So Kalibak would beat Orion and Captain Marvel 5 or 6/10 and Superman 4/10?

abhilegend
I forgot who I was talking with.
Go somewhere else snake-eyes.

iceman24567
Lol, wait...Gladiator is still all beat up and shit?

Thors healing factor >>>>> Gladz healing factor dont tell carv i said that confused

Omega Vision
Thor. Lol.

Badabing
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thors healing factor >>>>> Gladz healing factor dont tell carv i said that confused I just PMed Carver.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Badabing
I just PMed Carver.
I blocked your PM.131

iceman24567
Originally posted by Badabing
I just PMed Carver.
I just reported you so we are even steven Raptorroid face smile

Damborgson
I blocked your PM.131

Abhi just admitted he was a Carver sock.

Silent Master
I forgot who I was talking with.

You said he was stronger than Captain Marvel and equal to Orion, so in a hth fight he should beat Cap at least 6/10 and Orion 5/10 and since you said that Superman was stronger, then Superman should beat Kalibak around 4/10, right?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Damborgson
Abhi just admitted he was a Carver sock. abhi lacks the swag to be a lord carver sock

abhilegend
I just reported you so we are even steven Raptorroid face smile laughing out loudOriginally posted by Damborgson
Abhi just admitted he was a Carver sock.
Technopathy, you doofus.Originally posted by Silent Master
You said he was stronger than Captain Marvel and equal to Orion, so in a hth fight he should beat Cap at least 6/10 and Orion 5/10 and since you said that Superman was stronger, then Superman should beat Kalibak around 4/10, right?
I just said cap would beat kalibak in the same odd as thor about 6/10. You need to up your game snake-eyes.

Juntai
since you said that Superman was stronger, then Superman should beat Kalibak around 4/10, right? confused

Damborgson

Technopathy, you doofus.

http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/a/a6/Burn_After_Reading_Punch_GIF_by_Teri928.gif

**** up

carver9
Originally posted by The Sorrow
I wouldn't bet on this being the case. Mark Waid seems like he is intending to write a powerful Hulk from his comments about the new "Indestructible" run.

http://cdn.ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/IndestructibleHulk_1_Preview6.jpg

^Blasting Hulk with tech that can melt Adamantium...? I bet he will just shrug that off or something like that.

On topic, I think Thor has been toned down the last few years but he has enough to win here more often than not. He will definitely be tested though.

Amazing. If Hulk shrugs that off...this will put him in another tier completely.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Juntai
confused

I meant Kalibak would only win 4/10, since Superman is stronger.

I need to start proof-reading before I hit submit.

abhilegend
confused
thumb up
Snake-eyes logic FTW.

DarkSaint85
Amazing. If Hulk shrugs that off...this will put him in another tier completely.

Assuming it could liquefy adamantium....

That's like saying my laser pointer was inspired by Star Wars' lightsabres....doesn't make them equal. Otherwise, its just a gun that can melt metal, which is a dime a dozen in comics.

abhilegend
http://images.wikia.com/dragonball/images/a/a6/Burn_After_Reading_Punch_GIF_by_Teri928.gif

**** up
Why so mad bro?

iceman24567
Amazing. If Hulk shrugs that off...this will put him in another tier completely. LOL no. After rolling a spliff on my mangled and ragid copy of Superman Beyond 3d 2/2 i realized Ultraman did infact lifted and held that stupid book like it was nothing i guess hes skyfather level? sike just stop carver no expression

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Assuming it could liquefy adamantium....

That's like saying my laser pointer was inspired by Star Wars' lightsabres....doesn't make them equal. Otherwise, its just a gun that can melt metal, which is a dime a dozen in comics.

It was stated on panel that its used to melt Ultron Adamantium body. Can't get any clearer than that. It's pretty clear what the writer is trying to throw at his readers.

Juntai

I wouldn't be surprised. It's an unproven knock-off of the stuff used to soften adamantium. Like all the people that walk around wearing fake polo shirts they damn well know don't have the horse and jockey on it.

Damborgson
Why so mad bro?

Hitting gives me pleasure. So it's more like "why so glad?"

abhilegend
It was stated on panel that its used to melt Ultron Adamantium body. Can't get any clearer than that. It's pretty clear what the writer is trying to throw at his readers.
It would pierce his body and hulk would heal. What's so amazing about it?

iceman24567
It was stated on panel that its used to melt Ultron Adamantium body. Can't get any clearer than that. It's pretty clear what the writer is trying to throw at his readers. Nope you just interperted wrong as usual.

abhilegend
Hitting gives me pleasure. So it's more like "why so glad?"
Mindset, is that you?

DarkSaint85

Where did it say that its used to melt Ultron's adamantium body?

It said it was inspired by the tools Ultron used to melt his adamantium body. Not that that was the tool Ultron actually used.

Also, this. Hulk's durability has always been less than his HF.

carver9

If it doesn't pierce his body.

abhilegend
If it doesn't pierce his body.
It would. Hulk isn't durable enough anymore.

carver9
Where did it say that its used to melt Ultron's adamantium body?

It said it was inspired by the tools Ultron used to melt his adamantium body. Not that that was the tool Ultron actually used.

Also, this. Hulk's durability has always been less than his HF.

Inspired by the tools to melt adamantium. Again, this can't get any clearer. Now stop questioning Hulk ft.

iceman24567
It would. Hulk isn't durable enough anymore. "anymore" elaborate or diaf.

carver9
It would. Hulk isn't durable enough anymore.

If it doesn't pierce his body. I'm done discussing this with you because what I am telling you is jumping right over that scalp of yours.

iceman24567
If it doesn't pierce his body. I'm done discussing this with you because what I am telling you is jumping right over that scalp of yours. He doesn't have a scalp hes Indian

DarkSaint85
He doesn't have a scalp hes Indian

Wrong kind. He's a bindi Indian.

Juntai
Inspired by the tools to melt adamantium. Again, this can't get any clearer. Now stop questioning Hulk ft. I saw on a website you can get a phone booth inspired by the time traveling one Dr Who uses.

iceman24567
Wrong kind. He's a bindi Indian.
What are you his lover?

carver9
He doesn't have a scalp hes Indian

laughing

carver9
I saw on a website you can get a phone booth inspired by the time traveling one Dr Who uses.

I saw on Craig's list you can buy a machine that throws off planetary weight.

DarkSaint85
Inspired by the tools to melt adamantium. Again, this can't get any clearer. Now stop questioning Hulk ft.

http://www.gearfuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ghetto-lightsabers.jpg

carver9
When the ft comes out Dark...I will be the first to post it in his respect thread. "Hulk tanks an attack that could melt metal". This isn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last.

abhilegend
"anymore" elaborate or diaf.
His durability feats are retconned as HF. In before PAD, hulk would've taken that blast and didn't get pierced.Originally posted by carver9
If it doesn't pierce his body. I'm done discussing this with you because what I am telling you is jumping right over that scalp of yours.
That tells me how little you know about the hulk.

DarkSaint85
When the ft comes out Dark...I will be the first to post it in his respect thread. "Hulk tanks an attack that could melt metal". This isn't the first time this has happened and probably won't be the last.

And in the ownage thread, but it won't be that amazing - he was tanking it when he was in the lava in Sakaar, and that temperature's pretty hot. Roughly 1000 degrees C? That melts metals. Like you said, it isn't the first time it has happened.

I just won't automatically assume the gun used is capable of liquefying adamantium.

carver9
Stated that the gun melts Adamantium. That's all I need to see.

DarkSaint85
Tin is a metal. It melts at 232 degrees C.

Edit: damn ninja edit lol.

Anyways, nowhere was it stated it can melt adamantium - in fact, the guy, rather than say adamantium, uses the word 'metal'.

carver9
I seen the word Adamantium. Don't know what scene you are talking about. Enjoy the scans when I put it in the respect thread.

The Sorrow
If that's the case then Thinker really isn't that clever at all, a weapon that was only capable of melting regular metals wouldn't do anything to the Hulk. Wouldn't make sense bragging about it like he does in that scan.

DarkSaint85
I seen the word Adamantium. Don't know what scene you are talking about. Enjoy the scans when I put it in the respect thread.

I'm talking about this scene:

You really should read more than single words.

DarkSaint85
If that's the case then Thinker really isn't that clever at all, a weapon that was only capable of melting regular metals wouldn't do anything to the Hulk. Wouldn't make sense.

CIS. Banner, when trying to take on the Hulk on Banner Island (my name for it), didn't exactly use that much exotic/powerful weaponry, apart from the bomb at the end. And he knows/should know the Hulk's limits better than anyone else out there.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>