Platoon versus Saving Private Ryan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr. Tibbs
Two teams here.

Team one, from "Platoon". Team two, from "Saving Private Ryan". Team Platoon is commanded by Elias and Barnes. Team Saving Private Ryan is commanded by Tom Hanks character. Each team has the main characters, plus an additional few to make it an even number of combatants. Let's say, 20 per team. They are fully armed with their rifles, grenades and gear. Who wins this?

Let's say they fight in and around the refinery from "The Road Warrior", at dusk.

Patient_Leech
Hmm... tough call for me. It's been a long time since I've seen either movie. I like both. But I'd say Platoon by default because they have Willem Dafoe.

http://i610.photobucket.com/albums/tt182/TLC1000/Ps/platoon.jpg

Mr. Tibbs
Lol.

BruceSkywalker
Saving Private Ryan ftw

Ascendancy
Are the armed like from the films or each squad has the same armament? If it's from the films then the Platoon squad has them ridiculously outgunned.

Lestov16
Wouldn't the Platoon guys have M16 assault rifles more advanced than WWII weaponry?

Robtard
Barry Pepper solos all of them via sniper rifle. /thread

http://www.zuguide.com/image/Barry-Pepper-Saving-Private-Ryan.8.jpg

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Are the armed like from the films or each squad has the same armament? If it's from the films then the Platoon squad has them ridiculously outgunned. Not really, Tom Hanks and his men had automatic weapons too. The weapons from Platoon are more advanced, but not more powerful. In fact, less so.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Not really, Tom Hanks and his men had automatic weapons too. The weapons from Platoon are more advanced, but not more powerful. In fact, less so.

Hanks and the guy with the BAR were the only ones who had automatic weapons, with the BAR weakened by having very small mag that clinks when it's empty and Hanks having a Thompson that's only good at relatively close range. Everyone else had semi-auto rifles. They would be pretty well outgunned.

KingD19
Everyone from Platoon gets sniped though, so it's kind of a moot point.

Mr. Tibbs
Elias? Sniped? Nah, dude is a skinny Rambo. Barnes can easily pick off a sniper from long range.

Darth Truculent
Try one weapon - MG42. Platoon goes bye bye

Mr. Tibbs
M60>>>>MG42.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Elias? Sniped? Nah, dude is a skinny Rambo. Barnes can easily pick off a sniper from long range.

Yup, sniped right in his face. Barnes couldn't pick Jackson's zits, let alone Jackson concealed and sniping.

Jackson solos all of Platoon and his own crew if he wanted.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by Robtard
Yup, sniped right in his face. Barnes couldn't pick Jackson's zits, let alone Jackson concealed and sniping.

Jackson solos all of Platoon and his own crew if he wanted.

Concealed? He didn't have a ghille suit, and there aren't alot of hiding places in the refinery. Sure, he'll get some kills, but eventually he'll get naded or M72 LAW'd.

the ninjak
Dafoe showed mad skills running and gunning down his prey.

Though the OP's location has this fight sold for Team Ryan.
A sniper of that level is too much.

Trust me I play a lot of Day of Defeat. Though Dafoe won't go down without an amazing death scene.

Mr. Tibbs
You do know what a Willie Pete is, don't you? Toss a few of them and Jackson can't see squat.

Smoke screen>>>Sniping.

Ascendancy
Yeah, didn't even think about smoke being standard issue for spotting LZs. Another point for Dafoe and company.

Casper Whitey
Indeed. Platoon wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.