Bryan Fury vs Gabriel Yulaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lestov16
H2H fight to the death in Madison Square Garden

who wins?

Mr. Tibbs
Bryan.

KingD19
Yu Law's a whole lot faster, but Bryan has the strength edge. He just needs one hit to win.

CosmicComet
Bryan, easily.

AmbientFire
Gabriel, no question about it.

KingD19
How is Yu Law going to beat someone not only bulletproof, but strong enough to toss a tank turret?

AmbientFire
How's Bryan going to beat someone who reacts and moves fast enough to see bullets moving, is far superior in martial arts, and is strong enough to kick car doors of hinges, punch through car doors, and bend prison bars with his kicks?

KingD19
Originally posted by AmbientFire
How's Bryan going to beat someone who reacts and moves fast enough to see bullets moving, is far superior in martial arts, and is strong enough to kick car doors of hinges, punch through car doors, and bend prison bars with his kicks?

No, if anyone is superior. It's Bryan, as everyone in Tekken is a martial arts master. And Bryan has dodged vulcan gun fire before, and is so much stronger than Law it's ridiculous.

AmbientFire
Originally posted by KingD19
No, if anyone is superior. It's Bryan, as everyone in Tekken is a martial arts master. And Bryan has dodged vulcan gun fire before, and is so much stronger than Law it's ridiculous.

Neither the gameplay or the movie-sequences in the Tekken series support Bryan as a superior martial artist. Just look at his moves and what he does in the sequences - not superior martial arts. Also, do we ever get to see Bryan reacting to and dodging gun fire in slow motion, or do we see him getting out of the way - a feat that almost every action hero ever can lay claim to?

Bryan is definitely stronger, but his body is still human according to Tekken. Augmented but human. He's not immortal, he is much slower, though stronger, and his martial skills are nowhere near Gabe's level.

KingD19
Bryan from 4 and up I believe is a fully cybernetic replica, not the original, and watch this and tell me how you think Yu Law wins.

IzosPLjdH9I

8wAfu7WxfhI

Sensors advanced enough to spot a fully invisible Yoshimitsu. Fast enough reflexes and good enough sensors to not only sense him behind him, but accurately shoot him.

And then in 6, he throws a steel girder/I-Beam fast enough to catch a helicopter and fully impale it. Then he's at ground zero for the crash and explosion. Nothing Yu Law can do can damage him.

AmbientFire
I had no idea he was a cyber-replica from 4 and on, that changes things. In that case, he may well win the fight simply on endurance - the steel girder feat is similar to the strength displayed by Yulaw picking up the trooper bikes, and Yulaw's speed is way beyond that of Bryan. If he's fully cybernetic, how come he can be defeated in gameplay? oh well, that doesn't count in vs. forums, so he is practically immortal now.

So, Bryan wins this on endurance - not speed, skill, or strength. His joints can't be hyperextended (I assume) his eyes can't be gouged (I assume). But he can also not get hurt. Yulaw, however, DOES get tired, so I agree.

KingD19
I've never been under the speculation that Bryan is as fast as Yu Law.

And the girder feat actually surpasses the bike feat by quite a bit. Because the police bike is about 600lbs I believe. So he held that uch in either hand and slammed them around like nothing. Great feat. On the other hand, the girder looks to be at least 20 feet long as Bryan is obviously dwarfed by it, so it's weight is more than likely over a ton and some change. So not only did he easily lift more than Yu Law, he threw something that weighed that much with enough speed and velocity to reach an attack helicopter that was hundreds of feet away and pierce clean through. Strength is easily Bryan's.

Bryan wins because of strength and endurance/durability. All of which greatly surpass Yu Law's. Yu Law has the speed, that's obvious, but Bryan has enhanced speed as well, not as much as Yu Law, but enough to eventually tag him.

As for the gameplay mechanics, they show that Bryan(a skilled kickboxer) is indeed skilled via combos, but as gameplay is about fairness, everyone can be killed. That's why people like Devil Jin and Ogre can be beaten.

Lestov16
Based on Bryan tossing the ripping off and tossing the tank turret, where would you rank him in strength class, as in tons able to lift?

KingD19
Well, an M1A1 Abrams turret weighs some 21 metric tons. So to rip it from it's mooring, then throw it as far as he did. He's in the double digits strength class. At least mid Low to Mid Class 30 to toss it as easily as he did.

Lestov16
OT, but where would you rank Alex Mercer in strength?

KingD19
Hmmm. A fair bit higher, seeing how he tossed entire APCs and helicopters like footballs.

Lestov16
Would you say Mercer has a strength level of approx. 80 tons at maximum?

xtinataguba
gabriel yulaw.

KingD19
I wouldn't be able to put a solid number on him, but it's definitely mid to high end double digits. 80 tons might be a good ceiling.

And Xina...lol, seriously? How would YuLaw hurt him?

NemeBro
Alex Mercer is class 100.

To pick up an 80 ton vehicle and throw it over a hundred meters requires far more strength than just lifting it over your head.

Bryan wins btw.

KingD19
I don't think an APC is 80 tons. Even the heaviest Abrams top out around 75.

I haven't played 2 though, so if Heller picked up something heavier, then awesome.

NemeBro
He can toss the Abrams, lol.

Toss it hundreds of meters in fact.

KingD19
Im not saying he can't toss an Abrams. I'm just saying in game, he tossed APC's and Choppers unless I'm misremembering. But to throw said APC's and choppers as far as he did with so little effort, yeah, he can toss an Abrams too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.