Doomsday appears in the Marvel Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mini Bennett
After reading through the first appearance of Doomsday, I was thinking: What would have happened in the Marvelverse had he just appeared in Ohio and started blazing his way towards Manhatten?

So here's the scenario. The conditions start off exactly the same as it did in DC. Mysterious monster appears in Ohio and starts wrecking things, moving in a b-line towards New York. He starts off just as he would normally (One hand behind his back) and in his green suit.

For the Marvelverse, since this was right after the DC reboot, the Marvel Universe is in it's classic form. No Odinforce Thor, no Uber-Reality controlling Scarlet Witch, etc etc.

Who would be the first to arrive on the scene? When would his other arm come out? Would he make it to New York? Who would be casualties? And how would they stop him... if they can?

DarkSaint85
The Avengers arrive.

Thor sends him to another dimension.

The end.

JakeTheBank
Avengers: Thor or Hulk would arrive on the scene to confront him and be the "main guy" to take him down. They'd also likely have the likes of Wonder Man, Hercules, She-Hulk, Iron Man, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, and others running interference, coordinated by Cap.

Fantastic Four: Reed plot devices his way to victory.

X-Men: They might get their collective asses kick, save some Phoenix shenanigans.

carver9
If its current versions, Hulk kills him. If its classic versions, I don't know what would happen.

Mindset
Lord Rand punches him out of existence.

tkitna
Originally posted by Mindset
Lord Rand punches him out of existence.

laughing QFT

Classic Strange ends the threat quickly.

Mshinu
Squirrel Girl spanks this very bad bad man.

Cap taks his head off with a shield throw (he can make frigging Onslaught bleed so this should be no problem)

Magneto shields himself and launches Doomsy into outer space again or sends him trogh a wormhole.

Reed sets the gun from his closet to anti-spiked-monster mode and blasts Doomsday out of existence.

etc etc

nwg202
Magik dumps him in the end of time.

Bouboumaster
Reed use his krypto-blaster, the gun he was working on earlier, just before the attack, and that he didn't tested, to blast Doomsday's **** off. And it works. Because it's Reed's work.

Avengers: Uge gangbang from the team, with either Thor or Hulk getting his face stomped, than the other arrives, and they win. OR either Thor or Doctor Strange send him in another dimension

StiltmanFTW
And gets smashed by the Hulk.

Sixth_Winged
He could destroy some street leveller for the first few hours should they mistake him for a generic brick. Some Casualties, he tussles with the Avengers which may or may not be defeated at first go.

Then at second go, this could happen

1.) They consult Reed who then promptly gives them a deus-ex machina and tell them to scram. Said gun pwns Doomsday
2.) They get Hank Pym to shrink him down to pint size and then bfr him somewhere in space.
3.) They get Wanda's to Hex him causing his adaptation's probability to get ****ed and own him.
4.) and craploads more bfr options.

guy222
Blaze takes em out

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by guy222
Blaze takes em out

Totally forgot about him.
That works too.

How are you, Guy?

Horrificus
At first, he would be treated as a regular bad guy and get confronted by some mid-level heroes. It wouldn't be until he killed a few, that the big guns would show up.

If Hulk showed up, at first he would get his head handed to him, because he would probably underestimate the newcomer, do to unfamiliarity. Not knowing what to expect, DD's speed and strength and ferocity would catch Hulk off guard. Since you know I am not playing favorites, I think it would catch Thor off guard at first also.

Later fights, once the threat is known, might play out differently, but that is a different thread.

Heroes rarely throw their worst weapons or attacks at a character unless it is a last resort. So, I would imagine that there will be a lot of bodies laying around before the likes of Reed and Pym bring out the shiny devices, or before Hulk starts using his Hulk/Banner/Cunning/Intelligence mix, or before Thor starts using his Solve-Any-Problem-Magic-Hammer tricks.

But, since this would be a life and death scenario, it would escalate quickly.

X-Characters have some heavy threats in the bullpen, but I really don't see any of them that would be able to handle DD at the early stages of the battle.

FF have characters that are either durable enough, shielded enough, or distanced enough to survive the initial melee.

Avengers, though powerful, will lose some people, right along with the X-characters in the beginning.

Stark will go in and initially have his armor peeled off of him. He might live through it, he might not. If he lives, he will be back with something more powerful and tricky.

After waking up, Thor or Hulk will change strategies and any battles with DD will quickly become close combat, feral and very destructive to the surrounding area. I don't think DD will allow time for a bfr, a thunderclap, etc. He does not stand around, posing and threatening as many powerful villains do. He goes right in, again and again.

While all of this is happening, Dr. Strange may be preparing something wicked and Doom may have tuned in on some sort of display out of harms way. Reed will be going through his closet, as will Pym.

In the end, it will probably look something like this:

Ben, Thor and Hulk pound it out with DD as he speeds around them, then jumps in for the attack. They will live through it and keep him busy, if they don't outright destroy him.

Meanwhile, Strange, Pym, Doom and/or Reed will be setting up some sort of game-changer. Doom may be involved, simply because DD could end up becoming a threat to his plans.

Whatever happens after this, will happen on top of a heap of costumed bodies and in the smoldering ruin of a former city, state, or continent.

IMHO. no expression

pym-ftw
Sentry beats him to death, he revives

The cycle continues forever

carver9
Doomsday is old school and he isn't beating Hulk...at all. Also, Hulk never underestimate his opponents and Doomsday would have to literally POUND on him in order to win this and with Hulks on durability and healing factor, I can't picture Hulk falling. Maybe if this was Savage Hulk an argument can be made but any recent Hulks, hell no.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by carver9
Also, Hulk never underestimate his opponents

Do you read Hulk comics?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Do you read Hulk comics?

Lol...it depends on which Hulk you are talking about.

abhilegend
Doomsday appears, beat the shit out of thor and then the superman of marvel, hulk takes him out in a lengthy fight.

Glorificus
Pym shrinks him down, or sends him into the Negative Zone.

DarkSaint85
Carver...OP said classic levels.

DaRealGangsta
Docta Strange showz^ and werks DD.

dmills
We all know it'll come down to the Hulk. Doomsday would engage him in an all out slugfest which he is bound to lose. Thor could eventually end it if he doesn't phuck around. But its Thor so he'd do that idiotic "taking his opponent's measure" crap and promptly get his salad tossed.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Horrificus
Hulk smashes

IMHO. no expression

Jedi Sheriff
Aunt May bakes him a cake and he cries a whole bunch til he's too weak to stop the NY street thugs wailing on him.

Horrificus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
I think I may be in the wrong place.
Please direct me to "The Wiggles" forum.
And, please don't be frightened that I am covered with peanut butter and wearing live monkeys.

That's very nice gundam. It's good to see you.
no expression

Anyway, Hulk calls for help from his friends, due to his well-documented lack of durability.

Horrificus
Originally posted by dmills
We all know it'll come down to the Hulk. Doomsday would engage him in an all out slugfest which he is bound to lose. Thor could eventually end it if he doesn't phuck around. But its Thor so he'd do that idiotic "taking his opponent's measure" crap and promptly get his salad tossed. Hulk would have a horrible time fighting somebody as strong, fast, durable and vicious as DD.

JakeTheBank
Well, tbf to Hulk, his other stats increase accordingly to his rage. Not as much as strength, but his durability and healing factor go up to a degree as well, and I'm pretty sure his speed goes up as well, too.

I can see Doomsday beating Hulk and/or Thor in the first round and losing in the second. If Thor arrives on scene to see Doomsday killing or brutalizing innocents or his fellow Avengers or what not, he's less likely to dick around with him and lay on the pain. Can't say if seeing such a sight would similarly effect "classic" Hulk barring Rick or Betty getting hurt.

Horrificus
Well, tbf to Hulk, his other stats increase accordingly to his rage. Not as much as strength, but his durability and healing factor go up to a degree as well, and I'm pretty sure his speed goes up as well, too.

I can see Doomsday beating Hulk and/or Thor in the first round and losing in the second. If Thor arrives on scene to see Doomsday killing or brutalizing innocents or his fellow Avengers or what not, he's less likely to dick around with him and lay on the pain. Can't say if seeing such a sight would similarly effect "classic" Hulk barring Rick or Betty getting hurt. Right. My first post was basically saying that any of the mega-bricks that show up, (Thor, Hulk, etc.) would be taken off balance at first.

Doomsday has strength, speed, durability and on top of it all, he was one of the few villains that wasted zero time taking heroes out. No talk, no playing, no remorse. He just moved at Flash-speed from the get-go and did his worst as soon as he could.

At first, he would take these guys by surprise. I don't think that would result in him killing Hulk or Thor and they would be back. But, initially, he would do some damage to them and also kill a bunch of folks.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Horrificus
Right. My first post was basically saying that any of the mega-bricks that show up, (Thor, Hulk, etc.) would be taken off balance at first.

Doomsday has strength, speed, durability and on top of it all, he was one of the few villains that wasted zero time taking heroes out. No talk, no playing, no remorse. He just moved at Flash-speed from the get-go and did his worst as soon as he could.

At first, he would take these guys by surprise. I don't think that would result in him killing Hulk or Thor and they would be back. But, initially, he would do some damage to them and also kill a bunch of folks.

While I do agree with most of this, I do think Doomsday moving at "Flash-speed" is more than a tad hyperbolic. Personally, I think he's certainly fast for his size (not unlike Hulk) and does possess some degree of heightened speed and reflexes, but it's that coupled with said ferocity that made the likes of Superman be taken aback.

DarkSaint85
And Hulk is the one to delay him with equal ferocity and speed.

And when Thor sees how DD is matching Hulk, he will send him away.

Horrificus
While I do agree with most of this, I do think Doomsday moving at "Flash-speed" is more than a tad hyperbolic. Personally, I think he's certainly fast for his size (not unlike Hulk) and does possess some degree of heightened speed and reflexes, but it's that coupled with said ferocity that made the likes of Superman be taken aback. I agree with most of this.

abhilegend
Don't kid yourselves, thor gets his ass kicked.sneer

Bentley
He is beaten by the Hulk and then he comes back to be stomped by the Gamma Father every six months or so.

Estacado
Black Panther puts him in an armbar then Luke Cage beats him to death.

Mshinu
Barton would put Doomsy down with his arrows.

Golgo13
Most of the avengers lineups gets stomped. Same with X-Men. Annihilators would win, though.

Mindset
^LOL, this guy.

Golgo13
You're right, Annihilators would get owned. stick out tongue

StyleTime
Even if Doomsday did all that, he'd still get pounded by Squirrel Girl.

h1a8
DD is too fast and too strong.
Blasts will do almost nothing
The only thing is brute force and bfr, but the problem with brute force is that DD is too phucking fast.

All in all, DD loses because of Reed or someone smart enough to bfr him somewhere.

DarkSaint85
What if there was another super speedster brick present in the Marvel U?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.