my fiirst KmC post. Quasar vs Captain Atom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DaRealGangsta
Whaddup? Its ya boii DaRealGangsta, comin at ya wit my first battle. We gon start Biig.
To of my fav characters from DC & Mrvl

Quasar vs Captain Atom.

Which is da tougher homie?

kevdude
Welcome to KMC DarealGangsta! I don't know much about Quasar so I can't say but someone else might have an opinion. smile

quab
If this is the new52 Captain Atom, then he stomps Quasar hard. If not, I'd incline it'd be a tougher match but otherwise the outcome is still the same.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by DaRealGangsta
Hello Chaps, my name is DaRealGangsta, I've found myself most inquisitive towards the nature of this exchange.
These gentleman carry favor with me, with one DC & the other Mrvl

Quasar vs Captain Atom.

Whom is without reproach?
Fixed happy

Depends on incarnations, but if current versions I'd say Quasar's greater number of feats tends to make me lean towards him winning.

carver9
Welcome aboard Gangsta...as for the battle, Quasar wins.

Badabing
Originally posted by carver9
Welcome aboard Gangsta...as for the battle, Quasar wins. Stop misleading the new poster. sneer

Atom wins.

DaRealGangsta
So we got, 2 winz for quasar and 2 got Atom.

DarkSaint85
As usual, its down to me...

Atom.

Blight
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
As usual, its down to me...

Atom.
thumb up

DaRealGangsta
Atom iit iz!

abhilegend
Cap wins.

Horrificus
This is a perfect battle for Quasar. If he can put the voodoo on a watcher's power, he can do it to Captain Atom. And that is just a fraction of what he can do.

There was never shown to be a type of energy that Quasar could not completely manipulate.

abhilegend
Cap is a really bad match up for quasar. He can control quantum energy better than anyone.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap is a really bad match up for quasar. He can control quantum energy better than anyone. Whew. Good point Abhi.
Then it's a good thing that Quasar has complete control of all forms of energy, including "quantum" forms. He says that the simplest form of energy for him to control, is quantum energy. I, for one, believe him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Whew. Good point Abhi.
Then it's a good thing that Quasar has complete control of all forms of energy, including "quantum" forms. He says that the simplest form of energy for him to control, is quantum energy. I, for one, believe him.
So does captain atom, he has feats that would shit upon quasar's like creating and destroying a universe. Cap however isn't limited to energy manipulation.

rotiart
This is a perfect battle for Quasar. If he can put the voodoo on a watcher's power, he can do it to Captain Atom. And that is just a fraction of what he can do.

There was never shown to be a type of energy that Quasar could not completely manipulate.

Captain atom wins about 8/10

Energies quasar couldn't manipulate? Dark force energies ie oblivions lackey. The cosmic control rod, magic. Basically it's everything in the known positive universe... Unless they need quasar to lose. :-/

Horrificus
brb

the Darkone
Quasar

the Darkone
Qusar

zopzop
Just off the top of my head, this is just some of the energy types he CANNOT affect :
Psionic energy - as seen vs Modok
Darkforce - as seen vs Darkstar
Skrullian Power Prism energy - as seen vs Dr. Spectrum
Magic - as seen vs Enchantress
Kinetic Energy - as seen during the Cosmos in Collision story arc (they Q-bands were wielded by Maelstrom who also had Cosmic Awareness at the time)
The Weakforce - as seen vs Half-Life
There's probably more examples I'm missing but these should do.

I believe it was actually stated on panel that the Q-bands fail vs anything outside the EM Spectrum. On panel vs Red Ghost, he threw everything he had at him to try and affect his intangible form, nothing Quasar did worked. And it was stated on panel by Quasar himself that he was basically going through the entire EM Spectrum trying to find an energy frequency that would affect Red Ghost while he was intangible and he failed miserably.

If Captain Atom's energy is outside the EM Spectrum, Quasar is basically fxxked.

Horrificus
The bands that Quasar wears are called the "Quantum bands" and they give complete control over, among other things, all forms of Quantum Energy. It is the foundation of the Quasar Character.

They bands were created by Eon, a "Foundation Abstract of the 616".

The reason that Quasar is able to control all forms of energy is due to the view that Quantum Energy is the base of all other forms in the universe. Was that ever explained more accurately? I don't know.

But, character profile, story arc history and statements made that Quasar has complete control of all forms of Quantum and other forms of energy, should trump a lack of history, lack of feats and lack of statements to the contrary.

In other words, if the entire history of the character on-panel, disagrees with your opinion, you lose.

He can and has stolen, controlled and used energy from the most powerful beings in the universe, including Thanos, Surfer, Phoenix and the Watcher, among many, many others.

Quasar's limitations are Darkforce and Mind, although he is able to protect himself from the most powerful wielders of thought manipulation. The Cosmic Control Rod is not outside of his abilities.

The loss to Annihilus was a fault in strategy. Just using a shield against the power of the Rod was the end of him. There is nothing to show that his other powers were unable to effect the power of the control rod.

If you are talking about his battle with Maelstrom, you are taking it out of context. Maelstrom not only had the backing of Oblivion, but he had gained the mantle of the Abstract Entity known as Anomaly. This granted him the status of having a nature that was unlike any other, thus difficult, and sometimes impossible to effect or attack successfully.

Captain Atom does not use the Darkforce or powers of the Mind. His powers are firmly based in Quasars toolbox.

comicfan11
Welcome to KMC

Captain Atom ftw

zopzop
The bands that Quasar wears are called the "Quantum bands" and they give complete control over, among other things, all forms of Quantum Energy. It is the foundation of the Quasar Character.

They bands were created by Eon, a "Foundation Abstract of the 616".

The reason that Quasar is able to control all forms of energy is due to the view that Quantum Energy is the base of all other forms in the universe. Was that ever explained more accurately? I don't know.

But, character profile, story arc history and statements made that Quasar has complete control of all forms of Quantum and other forms of energy, should trump a lack of history, lack of feats and lack of statements to the contrary.

In other words, if the entire history of the character on-panel, disagrees with your opinion, you lose.
This doesn't change the fact that he has ON PANEL failed to manipulate the forms of energy I just listed.

And? How do we know what form of energy they were attacking Quasar with?

Wrong. The reason why he was able to protect himself vs MENTAL TAKE OVER ONLY, is because he set up the Q-bands to setup a harmonic frequency to affect his brain the moment he sensed his mind was being messed with. This doesn't protect him vs other forms of psionic attack as witnessed when Moondragon caused him to cry out in pain with a psi bolt, the reason why she didnt' press her attack was because she wanted to study Kayla and deem if she was worthy of the Starbrand. PS, add one more energy type the Q-bands don't defend against :
The Soul Gem's energy : as witnessed vs Warlock during Infinity War crossover and later in the prelude to the Starblast storyline.

He got his ass kicked by Annihilus because Annihilus ATE his quantum energy and wtfpwned him.

This has NOTHING to do with what I was talking about. The incident I was referring to was when Maelstrom entrapped the Earth and stopped it from rotating using his kinetic powers. He also had Cosmic Awareness at the time and stated that the Q-bands have NO control over kinetic energy.

We don't know this for sure. I gave you a list of energy that he has failed to affect ON PANEL and I even added a new one I just now remembered :
Kinetic Energy - as seen during the Cosmos in Collision story arc (they Q-bands were wielded by Maelstrom who also had Cosmic Awareness at the time)
The Soul Gem's energy blasts - as seen vs Warlock during the Infinity War crossover and the prelude to the Starblast storyline

I can probably expand on this list as I start remembering some of his other fights.

Horrificus
Originally posted by comicfan11
Welcome to KMC

Captain Atom ftw Welcome to you too, pseudo-noob.

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop

This doesn't change the fact that he has ON PANEL failed to manipulate the forms of energy I just listed.

And? How do we know what form of energy they were attacking Quasar with?

Wrong. The reason why he was able to protect himself vs MENTAL TAKE OVER ONLY, is because he set up the Q-bands to setup a harmonic frequency to affect his brain the moment he sensed his mind was being messed with. This doesn't protect him vs other forms of psionic attack as witnessed when Moondragon caused him to cry out in pain with a psi bolt, the reason why she didnt' press her attack was because she wanted to study Kayla and deem if she was worthy of the Starbrand. PS, add one more energy type the Q-bands don't defend against :
The Soul Gem's energy : as witnessed vs Warlock during Infinity War crossover and later in the prelude to the Starblast storyline.

He got his ass kicked by Annihilus because Annihilus ATE his quantum energy and wtfpwned him.

This has NOTHING to do with what I was talking about. The incident I was referring to was when Maelstrom entrapped the Earth and stopped it from rotating using his kinetic powers. He also had Cosmic Awareness at the time and stated that the Q-bands have NO control over kinetic energy.

We don't know this for sure. I gave you a list of energy that he has failed to affect ON PANEL and I even added a new one I just now remembered :
The Soul Gem's energy blasts - as seen vs Warlock during the Infinity War crossover and the prelude to the Starblast storyline

I can probably expand on this list as I start remembering some of his other fights. Zop, out of a gesture of friendship and respect, I have to ask you: Do you happen to have an uncle with flowing blond hair, big gold bracelets and a dark cape? Possibly covered in cooking oil and owning many plastic drop-cloths?

Because, every time a Quasar thread pops up in this forum, you seem to become spontaneously "unhinged". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quasar is not the guy that taught you to tickle-fight on camping trips. So, take a deep breath. big grin

zopzop
Zop, out of a gesture of friendship and respect, I have to ask you: Do you happen to have an uncle with flowing blond hair, big gold bracelets and a dark cape? Possibly covered in cooking oil and owning many plastic drop-cloths?

Because, every time a Quasar thread pops up in this forum, you seem to become spontaneously "unhinged". roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quasar is not the guy that taught you to tickle-fight on camping trips. So, take a deep breath. big grin
I have zero clue what you are talking about.

The fact is, ON PANEL, he's been unable to deal with the energy types I listed. I'll even provide you issue numbers so you can look them up if you don't believe me.

In fact, even against certain beings that he can drain, he's been unable to convincingly put some of them down. See his fight vs Surfer (in Quasar's own book by the way) as proof.

PS when did Quasar drain anything from Thanos?

armedforbattle
Undecided until I see further proof of what energies Quasar can manipulate/drain

Horrificus
I have zero clue what you are talking about.

The fact is, ON PANEL, he's been unable to deal with the energy types I listed. I'll even provide you issue numbers so you can look them up if you don't believe me.

In fact, even against certain beings that he can drain, he's been unable to convincingly put some of them down. See his fight vs Surfer (in Quasar's own book by the way) as proof.

PS when did Quasar drain anything from Thanos? Sorry about that. I shouldn't have thrown Thanos in there. I'm not sure if he ever did that with him.

zopzop
Sorry about that. I shouldn't have thrown Thanos in there. I'm not sure if he ever did that with him.
You damn well better be sorry! pissed

Luckily for you I caught that and not one of Master Thanos' more..... zealous disciples or this thread would have gotten REALLY interesting then.

rotiart
'All hail the many chinned one'

Horrificus
You damn well better be sorry! pissed

Luckily for you I caught that and not one of Master Thanos' more..... zealous disciples or this thread would have gotten REALLY interesting then. Quasar has not defeated Thanos yet. But, he DOES have the number for local police, if he faces the Titan again.
This strategy certainly seems to be effective.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/9491/272063-1154608_thanos_cops_super.jpg

My apologies to His followers. I will make the necessary alter sacrifice at midnight to appease his wrath.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.