If Obama is re-elected: What's next?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
If Obama is re-elected, who do you think (and who would you like) both parties will throw as potential contender for the job at the end of the 4 years term?

Oliver North
I think the assumption is Christie and Clinton at this point.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Oliver North

I live in Quebec, Canada, and last year, one of my teacher wanted us to make a bunch of predictions for the next 20 years.
And I called that Christie would be the next USA President.

Is he your favorite contender, tho?
And what do you think about Collin Powell?

Oliver North
I like Powell better, like, as in, he is more in line with my ideas.

nominees, especially for the GOP, are often given to the person who "earned" it in the previous election cycle. None of the other candidates seemed to fit that, but Christie sort of did, and he is probably more liked than someone like Romney.

I have no idea if he would win, but it is a solid guess. way more likely than Powell, who has spent the time since his Bush years distancing himself from Republican warmongering.

Robtard
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
If Obama is re-elected, who do you think (and who would you like) both parties will throw as potential contender for the job at the end of the 4 years term?

Hard to say, really depends where we are in 4 years.

Having said that and to add to the "what's next" if Obama wins, we need to get a Dem Congress and Obama needs to act on that this time. Having a Pres on one side and Congress on the other doesn't work, it turns into a game that ends up ****ing over the country.

Archaeopteryx

That's still a long time away but I'd go with this. Despite her promise to quit politics I do believe Clinton will run in 2016.

Oliver North
I'd argue Clinton basically gets the nomination by default because of her campaigning in '08

Robtard
Really don't think even 2016 the country will be ready for a female President.

BackFire

Yep. This is exactly what I think will happen.

Darth Jello
Considering how far to the right the Republicans (and Democrats) have gone and the fact that Romney actually has John Sununu on his team, I wouldn't be surprised if the pardoned David Duke and ran him against, god I don't know, some right wing clintonoid dickhole like Larry Summers or Rahm Emanuel.

Mairuzu
In my opinion, It wont matter. The policies under both dems and repubs are essentially the same and they and the lobbyist tend to pick candidates who will maintain the status quo. Pro war. Pro bailout. Pro sacrificing liberties for safety. Pro federal reserve. All the bullshit that doesn't help the middle class one bit. The military industrial complex also has its grasp on them.

If you want to see real change we would combine the two party paradigm into one so we can get a real second and even third party in the mix and hopefully kick these ***** out. We arent going to see change with this facade.

Archaeopteryx
Edit

Mairuzu
Colossus-Big C
Delete

Mairuzu
Keep dreaming

Jim Colyer
Obama would be impeached and removed from office in a second term. Fortunately, Mitt Romney will be the next president.

Robtard
Originally posted by Jim Colyer
Obama would be impeached and removed from office in a second term. Fortunately, Mitt Romney will be the next president.

Prepare to cry-rant how the corrupt Democrats are manipulating the government to keep Obama from being impeached and then removed in 2012-2016

Mairuzu
I doubt any of them would be impeached. What are you left with? Ryan or Biden? **** that. Unless Obama supporters kill Romney if he wins.

Jim Colyer
If Obama is elected, he will be impeached and removed from office.

Lord Lucien
I remember similar remarks about "if George W" is re-elected.

Omega Vision
If Obama is elected, he will be impeached and removed from office.
Impeached for what?

Robtard
Lying about being a Kenyan born Muslim terrorist. Duh.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Impeached for what?

I Google searched "why":

http://union-bulletin.com/news/2012/oct/30/president-obama-should-be-impeached/

And some dude from Canada wrote this nasty article:

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/50633

Basically, the reasons for impeachment are out there. But they won't amount to Jack Shit. Bush had better reasons for being impeached and he wasn't.

Darth Truculent
Actually the impeachment process began, just the media is saying nothing. It was due to the scandal in Libya. Apparently, Obama knew and watched the whole attack take place. He ordered the Forces that were in the region (SoF, 2 guided missile destroyers, 2 F/A-18 Hornets) to stand down and let the Ambassador die. You really want that guy for a second term? Seems that he cares more about getting re-elected than people. The only reason why he didn't campaign during the storm is because he wanted to look "presidential."

dadudemon
I could not verify that the impeachment process already started, Darth Truculent. I searched and it wasn't out there. Do you have a source or could you point me in the right direction?

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
The only reason why he didn't campaign during the storm is because he wanted to look "presidential."

Or you know, he was busy helping get relieve funding. ie The Presidential thing to do during a time like that.

Obama is a lose-lose to you, if he had campaigned, you would be ripping him for not caring about the people caught up in the disasters and only caring about his reelection.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Impeached for what?

NDAA, assassinating American citizens, Drone bombings in Yemen, Pakistan and Libya.

Too bad not enough *people are concerned about this. Because their trusted TV isnt mentioning it.

Even his supporters dislike his policies... oh that is of course until they find out they are actually his...

Skw-0jv9kts

Archaeopteryx
Obama is a corporate stooge and therefore won't be impeached.

Mairuzu
Pretty much, sadly

Bardock42
dsx2vdn7gpY

Peach
Yes, he's such a "corporate stooge"...so much so that most large corporations dislike him...what?

Also I think most people have no idea what impeachment actually is.

Oliver North
how many bankers were arrested for the economic crash?

Peach
I wasn't aware arresting people was a presidential power.

Oh yeah, because it isn't.

Come on now...

Major_Lexington
Originally posted by Peach

Thought it was funny Peach asking about impeachment, hehe.

ok, back on topic!

Oliver North
I wasn't aware arresting people was a presidential power.

Oh yeah, because it isn't.

Come on now...

you're right, the president has no control over the justice department

you know, the same way he told the courts to stop enforcing the DOMA or enforced federal statutes against medicinal marijuana in states that had legalized it.

Obama has no control, you got me

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by dadudemon
Darth Truculent... have a source...? I lawled at your silliness.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I lawled at your silliness.

I looked, though. That's the major difference. Unlike others, I just don't stomp my feet when I see something that I do not like. I try to verify it. I want to know. smile If I cannot find it, I ask for help.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
I looked, though. That's the major difference. Unlike others, I just don't stomp my feet when I see something that I do not like. I try to verify it. I want to know. smile If I cannot find it, I ask for help.

Its not the content he's questioning. Its the source.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Its not the content he's questioning. Its the source.

Dammit, you could be right. It is just too hard to tell with Lucian: he knows how to lay down the hammer.

Lord Lucien
My mind is like a well oiled eagle. Also, I'm not Quebecois, so my name should be anglicized.

Mairuzu
Yes, he's such a "corporate stooge"...so much so that most large corporations dislike him...what?

You mean you don't know about Goldman sachs? What?

Jim Colyer
Obama is a disaster. Hurricane Sandy should have been named Hurricane Obama because of what he has done to this country. It is talk, talk, talk with Obama. Never any action. Never any results. If this muslim is reelected, I fear there may be civil war.

Colossus-Big C
Lol, Most Presidents Suck . Doesnt matter who is in office now.

You guys really believe the Bullshit they feed you so you can vote for them?

You really think the debt is ever going to decrease/stop increasing ?Lol

IMO most of the things they do is what people in the white house etc advise them to do anyway.

Lord Lucien
Hurricane Sandy should have been named Hurricane Obama eek! I see what you did there!

Lf_KrGP61uo

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Lol, Most Presidents Suck . Doesnt matter who is in office now.

You guys really believe the Bullshit they feed you so you can vote for them?

You really think the debt is ever going to decrease/stop increasing ?Lol

IMO most of the things they do is what people in the white house etc advise them to do anyway.

Ignorant civilians maintain the status quo while those who oppose the two party paradigm are buried and silenced by the majority.

Darth Jello
Isn't it ironic that the supposedly intractable GOP has been subverted twice in the last 40 years, mainly by religious nuts and fascists with computerized mailing lists while the Democrats remain reeds in the wind despite the best efforts of people trying to get into the party who represent what they once stood for?
Maybe Social Democrats USA should start going to Republican meetings instead since they are the easier party to take over.

ThomasKing
A lot of people aren't pleased that Obama was re-elected and are looking for ways to punish those who voted for him. Whether they're just being babies remains to be seen, but one Colorado landlord is guaranteeing an Obama-voters-rent hike. Source for this article: https://personalmoneynetwork.com

Tattoos N Scars
What next? Totalitarianism!!

Darth Jello
Someone already said it better. His presidential nickname really should be "The Great Enabler"

9Daqa94tM_c

ForNarnia13
more strawberry pickers

tareq
The American's will have better future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.