Mitt Romney book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jim Colyer
I read Mitt Romney's book, then wrote this piece.

NO APOLOGY: THE CASE FOR AMERICAN GREATNESS
by MITT ROMNEY

Mitt Romney was the governor of Massachusetts. His father, George Romney, was the governor of Michigan. Mitt worked in the private sector and made his fortune at Bain Capital, an equity firm.

Mitt got the 2012 Republican nomination, and I will vote for him. If he is elected and runs again in 2016, I will vote for him a second time.

Mitt Romney's premise is that the United States must remain a superpower for its own good and for the good of the rest of the world. He puts forth strategies for maintaining global power. He sees jihadists as threats.

Mitt Romney touts freedom, freedom from religion on one hand and freedom to express religious views on the other. I question his desire to "free" Afghanistan, however, at the cost of the lives of our young men. Afghanistan is a hell-hole, free or otherwise. The original idea was to get Bin Laden dead or alive, and that has been done.

Romney's harshest criticism is aimed at the Obama administration for breaking with six decades of American leadership in the world. He laments Obama's apologies for American greatness when that greatness has been a source of global stability. Like Ronald Reagan, Romney sees America as the hope of mankind.

What I like about Romney is that he is a businessman. He believes in a strong economy. He boasts of America's GDP.

Romney believes that a strong economy is essential to security, that it is the foundation of defense and prosperity. He writes about how Japanese automakers outstripped American competitors in the 1970s, then built plants in the U.S. to create jobs for Americans.

Romney looks at why nations decline. He concludes that they lose their lead because they consume wealth as opposed to creating it. They close their minds to innovation and technology in favor of isolationism. Romney stresses the importance of vision. He sees America as having the qualities needed to meet current challenges. America is blessed with an abundance of natural resources, and its economy reflects a range of industries.

Finally, Romney believes in nuclear energy. He sees it as an alternative to foreign oil and cannot understand why environmental groups oppose it. Nuclear energy is used to produce electricity, and the U.S. has 65 nuclear power plants.

ThorinWoofer
General discussion guy.

babby

Barker
Romney's gonna win doe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.