Legion of Karate Kids Vs Team Gamora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
Pre-Crisis Karate Kid
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10574/223687-56886-karate-kid_large.PNG
Zero Hour
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13925/296714-161555-karate-kid_large.jpg
3Boot
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/26454/597239-kk_large.jpg
Myg (Karate Kid)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/67798/1980580-lsh_annual_1987__003_36_large.jpg

vs

Gamora
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/135951-34475-gamora_large.jpg
Mantis
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/11/113945/2408433-mantiss_large.jpg
Temugin
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/19539/1077877-aoa_08_18_large.jpg
Shang-Chi
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/41804/2024060-secretavengers18b_large.png

pym-ftw
Does mandys boy have the rings?

Golgo13
This is just hth.

pym-ftw
Hmm Temugin is the biggest gun, but Shang and to a lesser extent Mantis are weak links.

Cap and Panther are better h2h fighters.

I'll go team one, but putting Temugin down would be difficult

comicfan11
H2H I go with team 1

cdtm
The only one worth a damn on Team Gamora is Mantis. sad

The Celestial Madonna can probably break even with Threeboot, or even gain a slight majority (She did trip the Runner, and has some good speed feats, in addition to crippling or toppling Thor a few times)

Gamora's tough enough to trade blows with mid to upper tier bricks, but imo she's outclassed in terms of speed, and her durability is inferior to the kinds of characters Val (or Gamora, for that matter) can affect.

Shang Chi doesn't belong in this. A non factor.

Don't know anything about Temugin, but he'd better be able to one shot KO Thor here....

Getting to the bottom line, you put Pre Crisis Karate Kid in here.. Can you see anyone on Team Gamora lasting a second against Pre Crisis Superboy with Legion support, let alone actually beating him?

cdtm
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Hmm Temugin is the biggest gun, but Shang and to a lesser extent Mantis are weak links.

Cap and Panther are better h2h fighters.

Mantis, a weak link? o_o

pym-ftw
Shang is the weak link, mantis just doesn't match up well

Golgo13
Mantis is one of the better hth fighters Marvel has.

pym-ftw
But she is purely offensive which all the KK specialize in defeating

cdtm
She can use energy attacks, can't she?

Karate Kid's can't take energy like they could class 100 blows, and usually have to dodge.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by cdtm
The only one worth a damn on Team Gamora is Mantis. sad

The Celestial Madonna can probably break even with Threeboot, or even gain a slight majority (She did trip the Runner, and has some good speed feats, in addition to crippling or toppling Thor a few times)

Gamora's tough enough to trade blows with mid to upper tier bricks, but imo she's outclassed in terms of speed, and her durability is inferior to the kinds of characters Val (or Gamora, for that matter) can affect.

Shang Chi doesn't belong in this. A non factor.

Don't know anything about Temugin, but he'd better be able to one shot KO Thor here....

Getting to the bottom line, you put Pre Crisis Karate Kid in here.. Can you see anyone on Team Gamora lasting a second against Pre Crisis Superboy with Legion support, let alone actually beating him?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9c7w2zHfn1qfzlnzo1_500.gif

Every single character in this thread can beat 3Boot Karate Kid for a comfortable majority you spaz. facepalm

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9a8hfONFX1qasdemo2_r1_500.gif

pym-ftw
It's h2h only so I'm guessing not, if she has her full power set is put her at number two on her team

Golgo13
Not this skank shit again. 3boot Val would wreck Shang,

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Golgo13
Not this skank shit again. 3boot Val would wreck Shang,

laughing

No.

Golgo13
I'm not even going to argue over this again, but I disagree like always.

srankmissingnin

Because you are fan wanking imbecile. 3boot Karate Kid has two feats. He caused a mini avalanche and he trained with Ultra Boy. Now but your erection away and make an effort to be impartial for once in your life.

Golgo13
He also punched Colossal Boy out of a tower and and punched through an alien cyborg that was owning the Legion, while his arm was already broken. Try again, retard.

cdtm

He has a point:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Q99/KKultraboy3.jpg

Glacier's don't hit back. big grin

Someone that argues Shang Chi can hold his own against Ultra Boy in super speed mode, or casually judo tossed Colossal Boy in giant sized mode, isn't living in reality..

srankmissingnin
He also punched Colossal Boy out of a tower and and punched through an alien cyborg that was owning the Legion, while his arm was already broken. Try again, retard.

Dude you are so full of shit. He punched through a cyborg that was owing the Legion? Really? Maybe I missed something... is the forum consensus "owning the Legion" means "beat Triplicate Girl"? You're posts are always good for a laugh, sometimes it's even intentional on your part, but you are an unabashed liar.

3boot Karate Kid sparred with Ultra Boy. Caused a min avalanche (PS anyone can do that...). Punched through a nothing alien that beat Triplicate Girl. Got owned by some Psychic Security Guards.

His only half way decent feat is punching Colossal Boy through a wall... wow.

Put your engorged fanboy dick away and use your brain for more than soaking up cerebral fluid.

Golgo13
Skank, you try too hard.

cdtm
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Caused a min avalanche (PS anyone can do that...)

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/nosweat.gif

srankmissingnin
Skank, you try too hard.

And you lie too much.

Golgo13
And you try too hard.

Golgo13

Srank lives in Bizarro world.

srankmissingnin

Do you know how snow works? He could yelled really loud and accomplished the same thing. It's a nothing feat.

srankmissingnin
And you try too hard.

Possibly, but I don't lie or make shit up like you do... so there's that.

Golgo13
I never just make shit up, stop lying, Srank, it hurts my efeelings.

srankmissingnin
I never just make shit up, stop lying, Srank, it hurts my efeelings.

You said Karate Kid punched through a cyborg alien that owned the Legion. He didn't. That alien beat Triplicate Girl. That's it. That makes you a liar.

Golgo13
I remember Timber Wolf and Invisible Kid not doing much of anything. And Triplicate Girl is Legion, right?! eek!

Golgo13
Once I get a chance, I'll look through the issues AGAIN. Just like I corrected your ass last time with Batwoman, which like I was totally lying, right? If I'm right, you owe me an E-Burrito. And a taco.

srankmissingnin
I remember Timber Wolf and Invisible Kid not doing much of anything. And Triplicate Girl is Legion, right?! eek!

Timber Wolf and Invisible Kid weren't even there, just KK and Triplicate Girl... and I've told you this before. Issue 37.

No... she is a member of the Legion. roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
Once I get a chance, I'll look through the issues AGAIN. Just like I corrected your ass last time with Batwoman, which like I was totally lying, right? If I'm right, you owe me an E-Burrito. And a taco.

Are you really patting yourself on the back for noticing that koed mostly obscured Croc body in hidden in that panel? embarrasment

You got Where's Waldo skills, I'll give you that.

Golgo13
There were multiple cyborgs, IIRC and TW was trying to take down one of them. They are the same thing. That is what I meant.

Golgo13
This is what I mean, retard:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...smonsters2.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...smonsters3.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...smonsters1.jpg

srankmissingnin

The ones that Timber Wolf and the Legion were fighting were gigantic Hulking versions of the human sized one Karate Kid and Triplicate Girl fought.

Batman-Prime
Do you know how snow works? He could yelled really loud and accomplished the same thing. It's a nothing feat.

Are you seriouzs... it's pretty clear that the writer wanted this to be a high end feat with a lot of tons, it was beyond anything an normal MA should be able to do...

Golgo13
The ones that Timber Wolf and the Legion were fighting were gigantic Hulking versions of the human sized one Karate Kid and Triplicate Girl fought.

Still a nice feat, IMO.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Are you seriouzs... it's pretty clear that the writer wanted this to be a high end feat with a lot of tons, it was beyond anything an normal MA should be able to do...

The writers intent only counts for so much. The logistics of the feat aren't that impressive. That's what snow on a structure does if it's disturbed. Have you never parked a care near a roof, and come out later to see your care completely buried because all the snow slide down ontop of it?

srankmissingnin
Still a nice feat, IMO.

But you understand the difference between what happened and what you said happened? If Karate Kid beat a cyborg who owned the Legion - like you said - that would be an amazing feat. Right now it's simply a marginally impressive feat.

iceman24567
^ What is this the KMC love boat?

Golgo13
But you understand the difference between what happened and what you said happened? If Karate Kid beat a cyborg who owned the Legion - like you said - that would be an amazing feat. Right now it's simply a marginally impressive feat.

I wasn't exactly lying like you said, either. The Cyborg monsters still tore through SOME of the Legion. I only read the issue once, so give me a break.

He still defeated multiple of those beasts and ripped through one of them with his arm already broken. Still a good feat and I never said it was the best feat ever.

srankmissingnin
I wasn't exactly lying like you said, either. The Cyborg monsters still tore through SOME of the Legion. I only read the issue once, so give me a break.

A couple of them beat Triplicate Girl. An Army of them lost to Timber Wolf, Starboy and Saturn Girl. Owning the Legion has implications that you were well aware off when you made the assertion.

Golgo13
I thought they did own TW. He wasn't exactly tearing through them like Hand ninjas. Val did better against them, because he has mad skills.

srankmissingnin
It probably helped the ones he fought weren't 10 times larger than he was.

Batman-Prime
The writers intent only counts for so much. The logistics of the feat aren't that impressive. That's what snow on a structure does if it's disturbed. Have you never parked a care near a roof, and come out later to see your care completely buried because all the snow slide down ontop of it?
You think you could replicate that? Seriously?

Golgo13
It probably helped the ones he fought weren't 10 times larger than he was.

It's not the size, it's how you use it. cool

Nibedicus
TBF, you DID say "Owning the Legion" w/c is kinda misleading if it only owned SOME of the legion. :P

srankmissingnin
It's not the size, it's how you use it. cool

laughing

Okay.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Nibedicus
TBF, you DID say "Owning the Legion" w/c is kinda misleading if it only owned SOME of the legion. :P

Again, I thought the ones TW fought did own them, but they were still formidable.

Nibedicus
From what I read about the avalanche scan, it's more of a display of "knowing where to hit" than any display of power. That's what I get as writer's intention anyway.

srankmissingnin

Maybe if could calculate where the fault point was and knew the exact place to strike. It's snow man... it's not stable, it's incredibly precarious.

Golgo13
Well, that's kind of Val's specialty. He knows where the weak spots are. He's done it with force fields as well.

Nibedicus
Well, that's kind of Val's specialty. He knows where the weak spots are. He's done it with force fields as well.

Not gonna argue with that. smile Anyway, just wanted to insert my interpretation into the discussion. ^_^

cdtm

Oh sure, everyone knows when you want to move tons of packed ice and snow, you punch it, and it drops like a pile of cards.

JakeTheBank
srank has been unleashed in this thread!

Make Damian Sandow proud.

Golgo13
Oh sure, everyone knows when you want to move tons of packed ice and snow, you punch it, and it drops like a pile of cards.

I can do it...With Val's help, of course. stick out tongue

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
srank has been unleashed in this thread!

Make Damian Sandow proud.

cool

Shang-Chi could arguably clear the field with the Silent Scream.

Golgo13
Myg has a sonic scream.

srankmissingnin
Myg has a sonic scream.

I know he had blasts... but those can be dodged. Does have an aoe scream like Canary?

Golgo13
I don't remember, but if it's a close range battle, it will be hard to dodge.

Batman-Prime
Next fight Master Bruce vs Srank... and the World will burn... or... freeze!

srankmissingnin
Do you idiots not have snow in your country? What's the problem here?

Golgo13
Youtube it or it didn't happen. stick out tongue

Golgo13
I live in Cali, so it's all sunny over here. cool

GO GIANTS!!!

Batman-Prime
Do you idiots not have snow in your country? What's the problem here?

The problem is we have snow... and I was even used to temperatures like -25 to -35 degrees in Poland. If you can stand on the snow with you bare feet... oh well... never mind.

JakeTheBank

Spite against Srank.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Spite against Srank.

My bad sry, you are right. How about depowered MB without sticks, without using his legs and arms, just his head?

JakeTheBank
Give Srank back up in the form of the KMC vs. forum and he could possibly get 1 win out of 10.

srankmissingnin

Bruce is a peak human master of every martial art. I'm just a guy in decent shape who went to a boxing gym and took two years of karate. No fair dude.

Batman-Prime
Bruce is a peak human master of every martial art. I'm just a guy in decent shape who went to a boxing gym and took two years of karate. No fair dude.
Sry man, you will get the Rapist Supreme and 200 of the best Hand-KMC Ninjas we have as support. If that doesn't helps, maybe Chuck Norris?

srankmissingnin
Sry man, you will get the Rapist Supreme and 200 of the best Hand-KMC Ninjas we have as support. If that doesn't helps, maybe Chuck Norris?

I forgive you... but I'm going put you on the front line. Die with honor. I'll join you shortly.

Golgo13
I know a few MA's myself. Most of which are useless in combat. sad

srankmissingnin
I know a few MA's myself. Most of which are useless in combat. sad

Wing Chung?

Golgo13
Taekwondo, Kenpo, and some Karate. I hear Wing Chung can be affective.

I found a Brazilian jiu jitsu class by my house for cheap price a month, so I'll get into that once I have time.

srankmissingnin

I found a Brazilian jiu jitsu class by my house for cheap price a month, so I'll get into that once I have time.

I've heard that too... from people who have spent years learning it and don't want to admit they've wasted their time. big grin

TheGodKiller
How effective is JKD then ?

Batman-Prime
I forgive you... but I'm going put you on the front line. Die with honor. I'll join you shortly.

At least it will be a quick, though gruesome, death. It's an honor to die by the hand of the best.

Golgo13
I've heard that too... from people who have spent years learning it and don't want to admit they've wasted their time. big grin

I have no problem admitting that and will give negatives reviews to people who ask me about the dojo. The sensei's aren't even that good. I did learn some good stuff, but most of it was a waste.

cdtm

Pretty much anything can be effective, if you get the muscle memory down.

I studied some Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Jujitsu and Karate up to Black Belt, and it's basically all reflexive at this point.

Golgo13

I studied some Tae Kwon Do, Kung Fu, Jujitsu and Karate up to Black Belt, and it's basically all reflexive at this point.

Man, I can't wait for Jui Jitsu. Maybe we should spar together. big grin

Badabing
Srank and Golgo, stop flaming or use the ignore. I don't care who started what or when. I'll warn the f*ck outta both of you.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Badabing
Srank and Golgo, stop flaming or use the ignore. I don't care who started what or when. I'll warn the f*ck outta both of you.

Sorry, Bada. The Cage got the best of me.

pym-ftw

Sounds like you got to much time on your hands
smile
No, but in are seriousness, if you could only recommend one which would you

I did Us Army combatives and Judo for a while

Golgo13
Boxing, wrestling, and judo are pretty good.

pym-ftw
I'm looking for something less rough on the body, I banged my knee up when I was in.

I'm thinking karate or Akido

JakeTheBank
I want to learn how to throw fireballs.

pym-ftw
Buy a gun
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Good point.

I could always just pull a Punisher and say "Kung fu this".

DarkSaint85
I'm looking for something less rough on the body, I banged my knee up when I was in.

I'm thinking karate or Akido

Do Aikido. I totally watched the **** out of all these Youtube vids, and it looks good.

I also did it for a bit, and its pretty gentle.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing

Why? Prep-man and I are good. We like each other just fine, we even have lengthy pm discussions from time to time... but it's fun to make fun of one another. It's all in good fun, neither of us are taking it seriously...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Do Aikido. I totally watched the **** out of all these Youtube vids, and it looks good.

I also did it for a bit, and its pretty gentle.

Aikido is completely useless unless you are a student Aikido who will run at you sensie in zombie drills and let him toss you around.

Muay Tia. Boxing. Wrestling. BJJ. Full contact Karate. Anything else is probably a waste of time. Judo can give you a good base to build off of and prevent take downs... but that's a lot of work. Learning one of the above would be more beneficial. Most of the traditional martial arts don't have full contact sparing, where you practice using your techniques against someone who will actively try to stop you... which is useless and completely impractical.

DarkSaint85
Aikido is completely useless unless you are a student Aikido who will run at you sensie in zombie drills and let him toss you around.

Muay Tia. Boxing. Wrestling. BJJ. Full contact Karate. Anything else is probably a waste of time. Judo can give you a good base to build off of and prevent take downs... but that's a lot of work. Learning one of the above would be more beneficial. Most of the traditional martial arts don't have full contact sparing, where you practice using your techniques against someone who will actively try to stop you... which is useless and completely impractical.

Yah, but he has a dodgy knee....which is why I recommended Aikido. Muay Thai would be the worst for him, I'd imagine.

Or he could just take some markmanship courses, then get a concealed permit lol.

srankmissingnin
Yah, but he has a dodgy knee....which is why I recommended Aikido. Muay Thai would be the worst for him, I'd imagine.

Or he could just take some markmanship courses, then get a concealed permit lol.

Yeah but the small joint manipulation and wrist locks of Akido are incredibly impracticable against an assailant.

BBJ would probably be easy on the knee (unless you are getting knee bared lol) and is still an incredibly effective fighting style.

DarkSaint85
True.

There you go pym, go get yourself BBJ'ed up.

pym-ftw
Most of combatives is bjj, I'm looking for something just to stay in shape with

DarkSaint85
Tae Bo.

pym-ftw
Lol, I did meet Billy Blanks once while I was in Iraq

srankmissingnin
Most of combatives is bjj, I'm looking for something just to stay in shape with

Lift weights. That's what I do, it seems to work. My right knee is pretty jacked from skateboarding in high school too, so cardio is *****. I try to alternating from cycling and running every other day before I hit the weights... but it sucks.

DarkSaint85
You tried the ergs, srank?

Blight
I'm about to do some exercise made by the same people that made p90x or whatever its called. Apparently its an even harder workout. Hope I don't die, but I need to get in shape.

DarkSaint85
Is it Euro Training?

Golgo13
So, is Wing Chung useful in actual street combat? Anyone know? I've heard it can go both ways.

Blight
Is it Euro Training?

Mmm lemme go look....

Apparently its called insanity...

DarkSaint85
So, is Wing Chung useful in actual street combat? Anyone know? I've heard it can go both ways.

Armchair warrior, so I won't know. Depends on how good you are at it, I guess, and how willing you are to use it in a fight - if you're the type to freeze up, no martial art in the world is going to help you.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Blight
Mmm lemme go look....

Apparently its called insanity...

Thanks to Srank, who opened my eyes to the possibilities:

-AuIURhCoAA

Blight
Thanks to Srank, who opened my eyes to the possibilities:

-AuIURhCoAA laughing out loud

Badabing
Sorry, Bada. The Cage got the best of me. Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Why? Prep-man and I are good. We like each other just fine, we even have lengthy pm discussions from time to time... but it's fun to make fun of one another. It's all in good fun, neither of us are taking it seriously... Okay. Just throw in a smiley or something next time. I'd hate for people to get banned by mistake. biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.