Githany vs Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
Neutral location. Lightsaber/whip only first, then force, then all out. Who wins. Please give good reasons.

Ascendancy
Let me quote myself:

"Githany was scared poopless of having to face Bane head to head. Zannah took Bane despite his knowledge of her Force Sorcery. Githany has no chance."

That's my opinion for Force and all out. As to saber vs light whip only Githany may have a chance. That's one weapon Zannah never saw in action. That said, her style is based on pretty much pure defense, so even being inexperienced against the whip she may simply be able to hold out until Githany tires.

Nephthys
Githany is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of her depth.

jmoul
I remember that Githany had the potential to be Bane's apprentice until she said she went to join Kaan to attack Hoth and the Jedi from the air. She even had enough cunning and secrecy to trick Bane into following her into the archives on Korriban, then, later try to poison him on Ambria. She only failed due to Bane's intelligence and his strength.

Nephthys
Yes, Bane was impressed by her cunning so he considered her as an apprentice since his new order would focus on cunning over strength. But in terms of combat skills she doesn't measure up to Zannah.

jmoul
I agree that Zannah has better combat skills, but I was saying that Githany was never exactly "scared poopless" to try to kill Bane. Had Githany been Bane's apprentice, she would've learned Sith sorcery and she could have been DoE Zannah's equal in skill. Even though that didn't happen, Githany had potential to do so.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by jmoul
I agree that Zannah has better combat skills, but I was saying that Githany was never exactly "scared poopless" to try to kill Bane. Had Githany been Bane's apprentice, she would've learned Sith sorcery and she could have been DoE Zannah's equal in skill. Even though that didn't happen, Githany had potential to do so.

Well I'm convinced.

Q99
Someone with the potential... vs someone who actually fulfilled the potential and beat Bane.

Not a hard choice.

jmoul
Originally posted by Q99
Someone with the potential... vs someone who actually fulfilled the potential and beat Bane.

Not a hard choice.

Githany also never really got much of a chance to fulfill that potential. It was her own fault that she didn't do so, but she could have been just as powerful.
I will admit that Githany will have an insanely difficult time beating Zannah, if she actually does, and that is a big "if," especially since Githany never dealt with Sith Sorcery that was as powerful as Zannah's.

Ascendancy
Githany also never really got much of a chance to fulfill that potential. It was her own fault that she didn't do so, but she could have been just as powerful.
I will admit that Githany will have an insanely difficult time beating Zannah, if she actually does, and that is a big "if," especially since Githany never dealt with Sith Sorcery that was as powerful as Zannah's.
Githany knew she'd never be Bane's equal in combat or the Force. It's shown over and over again that she prefers to win through treachery rather than overt strength.

She again might have a temporary advantage while Zannah is adapting to her style, but what's to stop Zannah from leveling some Force Illusions on her and driving her mad or tearing her apart with tendrils? We're talking about Githany as is, not as she might of been had Bane taken her instead of Zannah, besides which Bane noted Zannah's strength in the Force to be potentially capable of surpassing his one day, something that he never said of Githany. Githany had studied longer than Bane and had private sessions with the Dark Lords, yet he outstripped her quickly once she began showing him what she knew. The apprentice who defeated him certainly is more than capable of taking her as well.

Q99

If Githany had trained under Bane as apprentice and if she reached her full potential, she might be able to match Zannah.

Lotsa ifs there. Especially since Zannah managed to surpass Bane in Sith Sorcery, something Githany probably wouldn't be able to do.

jmoul
I also said that those were really big ifs. All I am trying to point out is that it wouldn't be an easy slaughter for Zannah.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.