Movie Avengers vs. Movie and Book Twilight Characters.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
Long Island but the island has been evacuated of all humans. Vamps and Avengers do not have to hold back.

http://www.nyc-architecture.com/LM/aerial1.jpg

Participants:

All movie "Avengers". This includes the Avengers prior movies that lead up to and includes "The Avengers".

http://cinemafantastica.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/the-avengers-movie.jpg

All vampires from Twilight: movies or books.

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2012729/560.BreakingDawn2.1.jc.082812.jpeg

Conditions:
1. All powers and abilities are in full effect for all characters.

2. Jasper's calming ability will work on Hulk but it will take a full 20 seconds of direct concentration from Jasper to revert Hulk into Banner. If Jasper gets tagged or has to move to avoid a tag, 20 second countdown resets. While Hulk is being "reverted" by Jasper, he is stunned: he still keeps his durability while stunned.

3. Thread ends when on entire team is dead: knockouts do not count.

4. Tony Stark knows that vamps can only be killed by flames. It is up to you guys on how he gives out this information: no limit on how he can give it out but you must come up with your own plan. This rule can be nulled if someone can show that Jasper can exert his calming effect while moving and/or talking.

5. If the thread is too one-sided:

616 SHIELD's knowledge (all of 616's implied or demonstrated knowledge) can be used for the Avenger side which includes design plans that Stark can use.

or

Werewolves and their "resources" can be used for the Twilight side.

Equipment and Accessories:

Anything from either movie (and books, for Twilight) and anything that can be used from Long Island, at this very moment (that's a huge amount of things Avengers can use against the vamps if you use your minds). Also, Tony Stark gets his ultra-super-duper-laser-cutty-discs with 4 refills for a total of 5.

Enjoy and no gimping or whining.

FinalAnswer
Iron Man soloes

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Iron Man soloes
To say nothing of Thor. haermm

Mr. Tibbs
Bella and Jane solo.

ares834
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7648zfpkg1rziwwco1_400.gif

Mr. Tibbs
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj301/sooperhandz007/gif%20plaatjes/yes.gif

ares834
http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff391/WintersMagic/Supernatural/LOLno.gif

Mr. Tibbs
Explain why not?

ares834
Because they can't put down Thor, Hulk, or Iron-Man.

Mr. Tibbs
So in your opinion Jane's powers will not work on them?

ares834
No, it probably will. But it's not going to stop Iron-Man from shooting something at her, Thor from spitting out a bolt of lightning, or Hulk from thunder clapping.

Mr. Tibbs
Her powers literally immobilize her victim. You do know this, right?

ares834
No. She causes them to feel intense pain and these guys all have felt incredible pain. I don't see it from preventing them from performing such actions.

Mr. Tibbs
Wrong. It rendered Felix as helpless as a baby.

Educate yourself: http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Special_abilities

ares834
Hmm... I seem to recall saying she "causes them to feel intense pain". And no, I'm not inclined to believe pain is going to incapacitate them like it does the rest of Twilight's characters.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Mr. Tibbs
Wrong. It rendered Felix as helpless as a baby.

Educate yourself: http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Special_abilities

So it proves he has no pain tolerance.

Lol.

Mr. Tibbs
Originally posted by ares834
Hmm... I seem to recall saying she "causes them to feel intense pain". And no, I'm not inclined to believe pain is going to incapacitate them like it does the rest of Twilight's characters. LOL, man, just LOL. Explain this.

Mr. Tibbs
So it proves he has no pain tolerance.

Lol. Don't be stupid. Also, read up on the rest of the vampire powers.

the ninjak
Can someone give a decent list of all their powers?

Mr. Tibbs
I posted a link.

Mr. Tibbs
OK, I just read this on Thor:

http://thor.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_%28Thor_Odinson%29

I gotta admit, that's a game changer. Can't see him losing here, lol. That is if he thread starter allows the link.

FinalAnswer
Don't be stupid. Also, read up on the rest of the vampire powers.

I've read the entire series broski. I know what their powers are.

Iron Man soloes

Nephthys
OK, I just read this on Thor:

http://thor.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_%28Thor_Odinson%29

I gotta admit, that's a game changer. Can't see him losing here, lol. That is if he thread starter allows the link.

No, thats the Thor from the comics.

BruceSkywalker
smdh.. The Avengers win.. Thor, Iron Man and Hulk all can also.. Twivamps have nothing... REPEAT.. REPEAT.. ONE MORE TIME REPEAT cant do anything to keep Thor, Stark or Banner from kicking their damn asses

dadudemon
Since book versions of the twivamps are also used...

No Avenger has any hope of tagging the Vamps in a fight. They will literally run circles around all the characters. Ironman is the only one that has any hope of actually hitting a Twivamp: while in flight mode with computer tracking missiles.

The epicness of the anti-twilight camp is overwhelming. It is a bit scary and scary in a bad way.

Impediment
The question I have is can any of the twivamps that use psi-powers affect Hulk? IMO, any mental/psychic attack would just piss Hulk off and then, well, you know.

Smash.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by dadudemon

No Avenger has any hope of tagging the Vamps in a fight. They will literally run circles around all the characters. Ironman is the only one that has any hope of actually hitting a Twivamp: while in flight mode with computer tracking missiles.

The epicness of the anti-twilight camp is overwhelming. It is a bit scary and scary in a bad way.

Iron Man rather casually dodged a tank shell. He's more then capable of tagging them.

Iron Man soloes.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
The question I have is can any of the twivamps that use psi-powers affect Hulk? IMO, any mental/psychic attack would just piss Hulk off and then, well, you know.

Smash.

not really no.. I'll admit I've never read the novels, but my sister in law has and from what she has told me, nothing in the novels that will keep Hulk down..

Iron Man rather casually dodged a tank shell. He's more then capable of tagging them.

Iron Man soloes.

thumb up

ares834

How fast are they in the books?

cdtm
Twilight characters?

http://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/74e/708531595_700545.gif

eek!

Robtard
"Movie Avengers vs. Movie and Book Twilight Characters"

LoL, LoL and LoL. A coward's thread.

ScreamPaste
To be fair to DDM, no one could ever conceivably argue the twivamps against almost any comic book avenger. haermm

Robtard
While true, he specifically made it this way cos he thought he could finally have a stomp in Twilight's favor.

dadudemon
How fast are they in the books?

Super sonic to hypersonic...in the same range as the movies.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
While true, he specifically made it this way cos he thought he could finally have a stomp in Twilight's favor.

This is not very accurate.

The MVF thread is a stomp in favor of this twivamps. This thread is a spite thread but it will never reach the spite thread levels because of the rabid Avenger's fanboyism.

Robtard
It was 100% accurate.

And who makes intentional (or so they though was a) spite-threads? Butt-hurt people cos a character(s) they wanted to win in another thread couldn't. We say this phenomenom many a time with RJ back in the day. ie The RogueButtHurt Factor.

FinalAnswer
The MVF thread is a stomp in favor of this twivamps. This thread is a spite thread but it will never reach the spite thread levels because of the rabid Avenger's fanboyism.

http://gifsoup.com/view7/2662644/fake-romney-laugh-o.gif

dadudemon

Iron Man soloes.

This is a sad, uninformed, post. sad

So Ironman moves a couple of feet to dodge a distant tank round grants him the ability to go H2H with a speedster on par with 616 Quicksilver?

Let me remind you that twivamps have strength thousands of times greater than a human (100+ ton class), are referred to multiple times as "diamond hard", are called bulletproof (and prove that with several durability feats) and have teeth harder than any known substance to man. As fact, the only things capable of tearing the flesh of a Vampire are werewolf teeth and Vampire teeth. The movies did a poor job of showing the vampires durability...and also because it would be too violent to show vampires biting each other to pieces: they had to use that sparingly.

In the books? Their teeth are the only way they can tear each other up.

Then add in the special abilities. Renata with Alice makes a literal invincible duo: they literally could not be touched by the Avengers as any attempt to physical harm them would make them turn away and forget what they were doing. Janes's powers can cause everyone to collapse with excruciating pain: it is deadly for humans (if she holds the torture for too long) and causes Vampires to collapse so with agony: only Hulk and Thor would be able to survive an onslaught from Jane's powers.

Then add in that Benjamin is equivalent to the Avatar from the Last Air Bender (seriously, he can manip fire, water, wind, and earth like the Avatar). Then add in Alec's ability to destroy all 5 senses if anyone enters his mist (so that's a no-go on attacking Alec). Then add in Afton's ability to turn invisible to anyone trying to attack him (yes, he can do that). Then add in Renesme's ability to project her thoughts into other people's minds. Then add in Alice's precognition ability (no Avenger is a werewolf). Then add in Chelsea's ability to break relationships (up to familial or romantic bonds: she cannot break those ) up (yes, a form of telepathy). Then Zafrina can project visions into others minds (very elaborate Holodec type stuff). Then Siobhan can manipulate the outcome of a situation to what she wants to happen (yes, you read that right: thread is over with this person alone).

Face it, none of you know enough to have a meaningful discussion. You just want to beat a fictional universe because you hate it...and you can't stand that your universe is defeated by a teenage girl's fantasies.

It was 100% accurate.

And who makes intentional (or so they though was a) spite-threads? Butt-hurt people cos a character(s) they wanted to win in another thread couldn't. We say this phenomenom many a time with RJ back in the day. ie The RogueButtHurt Factor.

http://gifsoup.com/view7/2662644/fake-romney-laugh-o.gif

Thread is done and so are both of you. No worries: I do not require your tears.

FinalAnswer

So Ironman moves a couple of feet to dodge a distant tank round grants him the ability to go H2H with a speedster on par with 616 Quicksilver?

Let me remind you that twivamps have strength thousands of times greater than a human (100+ ton class), are referred to multiple times as "diamond hard", are called bulletproof (and prove that with several durability feats) and have teeth harder than any known substance to man. As fact, the only things capable of tearing the flesh of a Vampire are werewolf teeth and Vampire teeth. The movies did a poor job of showing the vampires durability...and also because it would be too violent to show vampires biting each other to pieces: they had to use that sparingly.

Then add in the special abilities. Renata with Alice makes a literal invincible duo: they literally could not be touched by the Avengers as any attempt to physical harm them would make them turn away and forget what they were doing. Janes's powers can cause everyone to collapse with excruciating pain: it is deadly for humans (if she holds the torture for too long) and causes Vampires to collapse so with agony: only Hulk and Thor would be able to survive an onslaught from Jane's powers.

Then add in that Benjamin is equivalent to the Avatar from the Last Air Bender (seriously, he can manip fire, water, wind, and earth like the Avatar). Then add in Alec's ability to destroy all 5 senses if anyone enters his mist (so that's a no-go on attacking Alec). Then add in Afton's ability to turn invisible to anyone trying to attack him (yes, he can do that). Then add in Renesme's ability to project her thoughts into other people's minds. Then add in Alice's precognition ability (no Avenger is a werewolf). Then add in Chelsea's ability to break relationships (up to familial or romantic bonds: she cannot break those ) up (yes, a form of telepathy). Then Zafrina can project visions into others minds (very elaborate Holodec type stuff). Then Siobhan can manipulate the outcome of a situation to what she wants to happen (yes, you read that right: thread is over with this person alone).

Face it, none of you know enough to have a meaningful discussion. You just want to beat a fictional universe because you hate it...and you can't stand that your universe is defeated by a teenage girl's fantasies.

Well, considering Twilight character's aren't that fast in a fight, he doesn't need to be.

Twilight vampires aren't that strong that, considering that's hyperbole from a fallible character. I don't care what they're called by whom, feats are what matters, and if you want to go by statements, Emmett's (Who is explicitly stronger then Edward) strength in one arm is described as that of a cement truck going downhill at 60 mph. I'm not one of those guys who can pull calcs out of their ass, but I sincerely doubt that's 100+ tons.

They're not that durable though, Aro specifically said that humans have the capabilities to kill vampires, just that they're rarely utilized due to a vampire's strength and speed. Bulletproof can mean anything, should we believe a vampire could shrug off a shotgun blast to the face, sure. Should we believe that a vampire would shrug off fire from a GAU-8 Avenger firing armor piercing rounds? I have seen nothing to suggest they could.

Iron Man would be outside the effective range of any of the vampire's psychic abilities, since he would be, y'know, flying around bombarding them. Siobhan is the only worthwhile vampire here, since Stephanie Meyer apparently decided adding in a reality/probability warper and not making her god-queen of the Earth was a good idea, but as I understand it, she would need to concentrate for a while to affect the outcome of a fight like this. Not going to happen when she's sliced in two by a laser.

Iron Man soloes.

Nevan

Obvious troll is obvious.

dadudemon
Well, considering Twilight character's aren't that fast in a fight, he doesn't need to be.

Wrong:

"Jasper backed up a few more paces, his body tensing.
'Okay, Emmett - try to catch me.'
And I couldn't see Jasper anymore -..."

Later on:

"It looked like Jasper had no more substance than a ghost - any time it seemed Emmett's big hands had him for sure, Emmett's fingers clenched around nothing but air."

And when Jasper went to fight Alice:

"Jasper sprang, disappearing. Suddenly, he was on the other side of Alice. She didn't appear to have moved."

Keep in mind that Bella is watching this fight from a distance. The vamps are so fast that, to human eyes, they appear to be teleporting while sparring.

But wait, there's more:

"She was moving - I'd just been missing it, distracted by Jasper's attacks. She took a small step forward at the exact second Jasper's body flew through the spot where she'd jsut been standing."

And on to Jasper's and Edward's sparring match:

"Edward had closed in on Jasper now, and this fight was more even than either of the others....
They came at each other, again and again, neither one able to gain the advantage...
They moved too fast for me to really understand what they were doing."

Twilight vampires aren't that strong that, considering that's hyperbole from a fallible character.

Granted that Edward is not God in that he can make mistakes and is not omniscient. However, to say his statement about vampires being thousands of times stronger than humans is hardly something you can call fallible. Edward is one of the most educated people on the planet and only Carlisle surpasses him in knowledge. Hardly something you can say is "fallible" when it comes from such a knowledgeable character. Hardly hyperbole.

I don't care what they're called by whom, feats are what matters, and if you want to go by statements, Emmett's (Who is explicitly stronger then Edward) strength in one arm is described as that of a cement truck going downhill at 60 mph. I'm not one of those guys who can pull calcs out of their ass, but I sincerely doubt that's 100+ tons.

There are so many things wrong with your logic is it painful.

1. That was Bella who was a newborn vampire and did not have almost a century of education under her belt: she is not qualified to make such statements. She was using a simile.

2. One arm, in a rotating motion does not even come close to constituting peak lifting power. Not sure why you'd equate that to 100+ tons.

3. The tree pushover feat is well above 200 tonne-force according to a white paper I found on the topic: there's your feat and that should end the discussion with no further derailment.

4. If you want the math:

p = momentum
p = m*v

m= mass
v = velocity

60 mph = 96.56 kmh = 965.6 mh

A concrete truck weighs 65,000-70,000 pounds. http://www.tx-taca.org/members/files/2011/07/Concrete-and-cement-faq.pdf

To be nice, 65,000 lbs = 29,484 kg

p = 28,469,750.4 kg/mh

Convert p to k (kinetic energy)=

k = (p^2)/2m

Again, m = 29,484 kg and p = 28,469,750.4 kg/mh

k = 13,745,195,106 joules (or is that kilojoules? I don't remember..I think it is just joules because kg were used for both the numerator and denominator).

Anyway, now convert to force:

Take your joules to convert to kilogram-force:

13,745,195,106 * 0.1019716213 = 1401619830 kgf

But we want that in tonnes.

1401619830 kgf/1000 = 1,401,620 kilonewtons or "tonne-force".

1,401,620 kilonewtons.

1,401,620 kilonewtons

1,401,620 kilonewtons

1,401,620 kilonewtons

You should not wonder why Bella shatters the boulder on which they were wrestling: that much force would certainly shatter a medium-size boulder.

They're not that durable though,

That's hilariously trying to hard to gimp the vampires. They are more durable than surgical steel. Only vampire teeth and wolf teeth can harm them, if we go by the books. I'd say that high-velocity and high caliber rounds can harm them, as well. Good luck getting a vampire to hold still to get that shot.

Aro specifically said that humans have the capabilities to kill vampires, just that they're rarely utilized due to a vampire's strength and speed.

I agree, with this point. I think a high-velocity high caliber round would punch through them.

Bulletproof can mean anything, should we believe a vampire could shrug off a shotgun blast to the face, sure. Should we believe that a vampire would shrug off fire from a GAU-8 Avenger firing armor piercing rounds? I have seen nothing to suggest they could.

I take bullet-proof to mean, in the context of the characters and Meyer's knowledge, to mean any round that the average american can fire from a legally owned gun: non-military. I think the gun you used is a perfect example of a gun that should be able to punch through them. Somewhere between an armor-piercing round fired from an assault rifle and that gun would be their limit but that's obviously a huge gap to cover as far as pascals are concerned. This is based off the the various commentary from Bella about her dad possibly shooting Edward but to no avail.

Iron Man would be outside the effective range of any of the vampire's psychic abilities, since he would be, y'know, flying around bombarding them.

Edward's mind-reading abilities work within a couple of miles.

You also assume he will be magically starting in the air: they won't.

That would be like me giving Alice a 30 minute procog head start so the twivamps can come up with a plan to win. Not going to happen.

You also assume what those psychic project limits are when they are not clearly defined: bad form. You should not do that assuming, at all. Additionally, this is not an open field: this is Downtown Manhattan.

You also assume that any of Ironman's attacks will land against foes that can move so fast it seems like they can teleport. They can also hear much more acutely than the most accurate of human parabolic mics. It is extremely unlikely that Ironman will get the drop on any vampire while in the sky.

Iron Man soloes.

Ironman dies before he leaves the ground...as does every other avenger minus Thor and Hulk.

You have not shown the Ironman has the reaction speed to even talk to a vampire much less avoid a killing blow. I admit that his laser things should cut them in half, no problem, but any of his other rounds minus the anti-tank missile will do nothing to the vampires. You're also forgetting the effective range of those lasers: it will not be nearly as powerful at 2 miles out (I'd assume you'd want him to stay out of range of Edward's mind reading powers, right).

ScreamPaste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w9ulxvQS60

0:44, lol at them hurting him.

Iron Man soloes.

FinalAnswer
DDM, before I reply whenever I feel like replying, am I correct to believe that they have comic SHIELD's knowledge, as well as comic Tony's technical knowledge?

ares834
Anyway, now convert to force:

Take your joules to convert to kilogram-force:

13,745,195,106 * 0.1019716213 = 1401619830 kgf

But we want that in tonnes.

1401619830 kgf/1000 = 1,401,620 kilonewtons or "tonne-force".

Eh?

What are you doing here? There is no nice way to convert energy to force like this. It seems you are converting J/M to kgf, the problem is the units on 13,745,195,106 is the energy unit J not the force unit J/M.

dadudemon
DDM, before I reply whenever I feel like replying, am I correct to believe that they have comic SHIELD's knowledge, as well as comic Tony's technical knowledge?

If it turns out to be too one-sided, I gave provisions for either side. I'll let the general consensus of the thread determine if it is too one-sided against the Avengers or the Twivamps.

But, it is Shield's 616 knowledge, no Tony Stark's. Tony is the only one, however, that knows that the vampires can only be killed by burning.

Eh?

What are you doing here? There is no nice way to convert energy to force like this. It seems you are converting J/M to kgf, the problem is the units on 13,745,195,106 is the energy unit J not the force unit J/M.

I double checked my work using an online conversation tool. I just got the conversation factor. It works just fine.

ares834
I double checked my work using an online conversation tool. I just got the conversation factor. It works just fine.

Then the conversion tool is wrong. You can't just convert between energy and force by multiplying it by a constant. Once again you are converting between J/M (aka N) and kgf.

Just think about it for a bit. A moving van isn't exerting a force on anything (other than the ground) it has to crash into something to exert its force. And depending on what it crashes into the force changes.

Edit: And can you show me this conversion tool?

Newjak
I like how you, dadudemon specifically state in the opening post that Jasper's powers will work on the Hulk even though I doubt it would.

Also none of the Twivamps are even close to 616 quicksilver in speed. The guy has feats that are simply above any feats that the twivamps were shown to do. He can casually dodge lightning even as a child. He once patted down an entire crowd of people looking for a tiny badge a certain group was wearing. And none of them even knew he did it.

I like how you state nothing but vampire and werewolf teeth were shown to hurt vamps, when we already saw that fire can burn them and none of the head vampire specifically says Humans can hurt vampires which is one of the reasons why they aren't allowed to show themselves.

Also the twivamps are not super sonic. The werewolves, who were often depicted as fast in one case faster than a vampire, were often described as only being as fast as high speed motorcycles.

Hell when Jacob went on his run from everyone for months as nothing but a werewolf he didn't exactly make it to the other side of the world. I think he made it a couple thousand miles away in what took him months.

Also as to the Bella comments you seem to be forgetting she mentions being able to see them move they were just so quick that Bella had trouble following and processing what was going on.

She mentions after not being distracted by Jasper's attacks that she can tell that Alice is in fact moving. Not only was she able to see them move she was able to make out Alice taking a small step forward to avoid Jasper.

As for the match Thor going all out is going to mess some people up when he takes to the skies and starts unleashing a barrage of lightning and tornadoes on them all, never mind if he decides to unleash the Jottenhiem buster on them.

Robtard
Originally posted by Newjak
I like how you, dadudemon specifically state in the opening post that Jasper's powers will work on the Hulk even though I doubt it would.

Also none of the Twivamps are even close to 616 quicksilver in speed. The guy has feats that are simply above any feats that the twivamps were shown to do. He can casually dodge lightning even as a child. He once patted down an entire crowd of people looking for a tiny badge a certain group was wearing. And none of them even knew he did it.

I like how you state nothing but vampire and werewolf teeth were shown to hurt vamps, when we already saw that fire can burn them and none of the head vampire specifically says Humans can hurt vampires which is one of the reasons why they aren't allowed to show themselves.

Also the twivamps are not super sonic. The werewolves, who were often depicted as fast in one case faster than a vampire, were often described as only being as fast as high speed motorcycles.

Hell when Jacob went on his run from everyone for months as nothing but a werewolf he didn't exactly make it to the other side of the world. I think he made it a couple thousand miles away in what took him months.

Also as to the Bella comments you seem to be forgetting she mentions being able to see them move they were just so quick that Bella had trouble following and processing what was going on.

She mentions after not being distracted by Jasper's attacks that she can tell that Alice is in fact moving. Not only was she able to see them move she was able to make out Alice taking a small step forward to avoid Jasper.

As for the match Thor going all out is going to mess some people up when he takes to the skies and starts unleashing a barrage of lightning and tornadoes on them all, never mind if he decides to unleash the Jottenhiem buster on them.

That's called gimping to direct the outcome.

LoL, nice. Someone not biased that has read or knows of the Twilight books.

Newjak

LoL, nice. Someone not biased that has read or knows of the Twilight books. Yeah I've read the series.

A girl I was digging was reading them and wanted me to read them with her. I'm a pretty go with the flow type guy so it was cool they had some decent things in them but mostly were very disappointing. stick out tongue

My impression of them was that they were obviously pretty powerful but not that powerful.

dadudemon
Then the conversion tool is wrong. You can't just convert between energy and force by multiplying it by a constant. Once again you are converting between J/M (aka N) and kgf.

It is right.

Joules can be converted to kilogram force meters. It is simply a way to get the "force" of that moving system in terms of a gravitational constant. That's what it would "feel" like if the truck collided: the kilogram-force exerted at that instant would "feel" like 13,745,197 kilonewtons. That's apt when applying it to the arm wrestling match.

I'm surprised you didn't correct my math. I forgot to multiply that by 9.80665 to get newtons.

"13,745,197 kilonewtons 1,401,620 tonne-force" was what I meant to put.

Just think about it for a bit. A moving van isn't exerting a force on anything (other than the ground) it has to crash into something to exert its force. And depending on what it crashes into the force changes.

Edit: And can you show me this conversion tool?

I don't need to think about it, at all: the conversion works just fine and it is commonly used to calculate the newtons exerted in crashes with collisions. However, they would use just newtons instead of kgf: I used KGF to make the unit have a more realistic "feel" because people can relate better to gravity than more abstract ideas of horizontal forces.

http://online.unitconverterpro.com/unit-conversion/convert-alpha/energy.html

Nephthys
Oh god math sperge.

http://mugenguild.com/forum/Smileys/mfg/weasel.gif

dadudemon

It most likely would. There is no reason to assume Magical Vampire powers wouldn't work on Movie Hulk. Saying it wouldn't work is just as arbitrary as saying it would work. For this thread, I said it would work but gave it a very long "effective" time and a massive weakness. That was arbitrary, as well. I can just as well assume that the calming effect would immediately stop Hulk, calm him, and within seconds turn him into Banner. But I didn't.

My point was to make everyone's powers work in this thread not take powers away form anyone. This is why I gave Ironman 4 reloads of that laser thingy: it seems to be the best bet against the vampires.

Incorrect: almost all of them are that fast. Edward commits a similar feat against Bella, in the book, when she has a note. He vanishes, ends up behind her, and has already read the note by the time Bella notices.

Granted, Edward is faster, but this is the general idea that all the vampires give off besides large heavy vamps like Emmett.

I like how you state nothing but vampire and werewolf teeth were shown to hurt vamps, when we already saw that fire can burn them

You're forgetting something extremely important: the venom that basically makes up Vampire's blood is flammable. First, you have to tear them up before you can light them on fire. So, no, this point of yours is irrelevant. You can't burn them unless they are torn to pieces.

and none of the head vampire specifically says Humans can hurt vampires which is one of the reasons why they aren't allowed to show themselves.

No, the reasons that they are not allowed to show themselves has nothing to do with them being afraid of humans: not even a little. Not even at tiny bit. If you were correct then why would they keep themselves a secret from the human world and enforce those laws for well over 2000 years? What you say makes no sense. It was just a form of control: an avenue by which they can exert power over the other vampires, kill them, and remain in power. Stephanie Meyers, herself, said that even if humans waged an all out war, a bomb might work but the vampire would have to hold still. That should be more than enough confirmation that vampires are more than fast enough to avoid nukes.

Also the twivamps are not super sonic.

I can't speak to all of them because Edward is a very fast vampire. However, Edward is hypersonic. no expression I would assume that most other vampires are at least supersonic because there is no way to assume that Edward is multiple times faster than other vampires.

To put things into perspective, Edward and outrun and catch a baseball, hit so hard that it sounds like thunder, that is described as moving like a meteor: another case for hypersonic on than the speed calculation I did for him.

The werewolves, who were often depicted as fast in one case faster than a vampire, were often described as only being as fast as high speed motorcycles.

Laurant may have been a slower vampire because Bella said this:

"I couldn't imagine the wolves running faster than a vampire. When the Cullens ran, they all but turned invisible with speed."

Victoria, though she had a special ability, consistently evaded all of the werewolves on land. Also, Jacob said "faster than a motorcycle", not as fast. I think Jacob said, literally, hundreds of times better than a motorcycle. no expression

Edit - The wiki says that, too. So I am not going crazy.

He didn't go on a "run", he went solo and roamed the northern portions of North America. You make it sound as thought he ran in a straight line the whole time and that's a massive miss-characterization of what actually took place.

HellAlso as to the Bella comments you seem to be forgetting she mentions being able to see them move they were just so quick that Bella had trouble following and processing what was going on.

I'll let the words speak for themselves. Bella, multiple times, says they turn invisible and/or teleport. If Bella describes them disappearing, even from a distance while viewing them, that should be more than clear enough to show that they move too fast even when fighting for a human to be able to have any hope of going H2H with them.

Wrong: she was taking 2 steps. That does not mean that she actually saw Alice take those steps: only that she discerned that those steps were taken to avoid Jasper. If you need an example of what I mean:

http://youtu.be/nRIUAVurbN8?t=3m18s

We don't actually see Goku moving but we can tell he moved one or two steps to avoid the energy attacks. Remember, Jasper vanished into thin air when Emmett looked like he finally had a grasp of Jasper. That should more than prove my point that what you want Bella's words to mean and what actually happened in the book are different: what I said was correct.

You mean those very slow moving tornadoes that took him a while to produce that even humans were able to resist on the ground?

Nah, that's not going to work. I think I agree that one of his lightning bolts should work on a twivamp but it will not come close to killing them: more like stun them like Kate's shock power.

LoL, nice. Someone not biased that has read or knows of the Twilight books.

Do you need some pom-poms, broski?

At least show some leg.

ares834
It is right.

Joules can be converted to kilogram force meters.

Yes, but that's not what you are doing. You said earlier kgf (kilogram force) not kgf*m (kilogram force meters), kgf can be converted to newtons. However, with the conversion you did (and what the tool indicates) you get kgf*m which can not be converted into a unit of force through the use of a constant.

Robtard

At least show some leg.

Don't take your rage out on me cos someone else pwned your ass with book facts and I stated your obvious intentions in trying to force the outcome of the match, brah.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=21449,filename=pwned.jpg

FinalAnswer
But, it is Shield's 616 knowledge, no Tony Stark's.

Well, FYI, SHIELD apparently knows how to make Tony's mind resistant to powerful telepaths, according to the wiki. I know jack all about comics, but if that can be replicated on the movie Avengers then lol.

Newjak
It most likely would. There is no reason to assume Magical Vampire powers wouldn't work on Movie Hulk. Saying it wouldn't work is just as arbitrary as saying it would work. For this thread, I said it would work but gave it a very long "effective" time and a massive weakness. That was arbitrary, as well. I can just as well assume that the calming effect would immediately stop Hulk, calm him, and within seconds turn him into Banner. But I didn't.

My point was to make everyone's powers work in this thread not take powers away form anyone. This is why I gave Ironman 4 reloads of that laser thingy: it seems to be the best bet against the vampires.

Incorrect: almost all of them are that fast. Edward commits a similar feat against Bella, in the book, when she has a note. He vanishes, ends up behind her, and has already read the note by the time Bella notices.

Granted, Edward is faster, but this is the general idea that all the vampires give off besides large heavy vamps like Emmett.

You're forgetting something extremely important: the venom that basically makes up Vampire's blood is flammable. First, you have to tear them up before you can light them on fire. So, no, this point of yours is irrelevant. You can't burn them unless they are torn to pieces.

No, the reasons that they are not allowed to show themselves has nothing to do with them being afraid of humans: not even a little. Not even at tiny bit. If you were correct then why would they keep themselves a secret from the human world and enforce those laws for well over 2000 years? What you say makes no sense. It was just a form of control: an avenue by which they can exert power over the other vampires, kill them, and remain in power. Stephanie Meyers, herself, said that even if humans waged an all out war, a bomb might work but the vampire would have to hold still. That should be more than enough confirmation that vampires are more than fast enough to avoid nukes.

I can't speak to all of them because Edward is a very fast vampire. However, Edward is hypersonic. no expression I would assume that most other vampires are at least supersonic because there is no way to assume that Edward is multiple times faster than other vampires.

To put things into perspective, Edward and outrun and catch a baseball, hit so hard that it sounds like thunder, that is described as moving like a meteor: another case for hypersonic on than the speed calculation I did for him.

Laurant may have been a slower vampire because Bella said this:

"I couldn't imagine the wolves running faster than a vampire. When the Cullens ran, they all but turned invisible with speed."

Victoria, though she had a special ability, consistently evaded all of the werewolves on land. Also, Jacob said "faster than a motorcycle", not as fast. I think Jacob said, literally, hundreds of times better than a motorcycle. no expression

Edit - The wiki says that, too. So I am not going crazy.

He didn't go on a "run", he went solo and roamed the northern portions of North America. You make it sound as thought he ran in a straight line the whole time and that's a massive miss-characterization of what actually took place.

I'll let the words speak for themselves. Bella, multiple times, says they turn invisible and/or teleport. If Bella describes them disappearing, even from a distance while viewing them, that should be more than clear enough to show that they move too fast even when fighting for a human to be able to have any hope of going H2H with them.

Wrong: she was taking 2 steps. That does not mean that she actually saw Alice take those steps: only that she discerned that those steps were taken to avoid Jasper. If you need an example of what I mean:

http://youtu.be/nRIUAVurbN8?t=3m18s

We don't actually see Goku moving but we can tell he moved one or two steps to avoid the energy attacks. Remember, Jasper vanished into thin air when Emmett looked like he finally had a grasp of Jasper. That should more than prove my point that what you want Bella's words to mean and what actually happened in the book are different: what I said was correct.

You mean those very slow moving tornadoes that took him a while to produce that even humans were able to resist on the ground?

Nah, that's not going to work. I think I agree that one of his lightning bolts should work on a twivamp but it will not come close to killing them: more like stun them like Kate's shock power.

At least show some leg. Except there is precedent that other beings can in fact resist vampire powers. Werewolves were able to do it, even other vampires, depending on their toughness or if they are a shield.

Technically in Avengers Ironman was shown to be able to contiguously use his lasers without them seemingly depleted when he tried to cut through a levitation.

You really wanna settle the speed debate.

I can name Bella's first hunt after she turned into a vampire. A MOUNTAIN LION was able to tag her and rip her cloths off.

Now mind you as described in the books, minus vampire powers, a newborn vampire is about as powerful as a vampire can get. We know this because it was stated that newborns still have most of their human blood in their body which makes them stronger than more mature vampires who only get blood by drinking it. She was literally able to beat Emmet in arm wrestling because of that single fact. She was said that she is faster than most vampires, Edward not included because the book made him a sue type character that defied most rules set forth with vampires, as well because she was a new born. So while she was at her strongest and fastest she will ever be as a vampire, I repeat, a Mountain Lion was able to attack and rip her cloths off. With the kind of speed you attribute to them dodging or reacting to a mountain lion attack should have been nothing for a newborn.

I like how you take the metoer and thunder comments made by bella as fact in trying to prove the vamps are hypersonic. She actually doesn't know how hard or how far the vamps were actually hitting the balls therefore any numbers you could come up with are based on similes made by a human trying to comprehend what is going on.

Also I said it was one of the reasons why the older vamp said they wanted to remain hidden, but he did make the fact that humans could harm vampires very clear and in the same sentence he used it as an excuse to the reason they needed to kill Renesme.

They didn't resist the tornado Thor has fine control over it so that only things inside the vortex would be effected afterall it was tossing cars around and cars are much heavier than a human.

abhilegend
Hulk smash puny sparky vamps!!
durhulk

KingD19
Lol at comparing vamp speed to Quicksilver.

Quicksilver has crossed continents in less than a second. He was in the middle of a conversation, left before the next syllable came out of the girls mouth, then came back with flowers in his hair that only grew on a specific continent.

He's also run halfway across the world in roughly half a minute.

And just recently he punched Magneto going at Mach 4 or Mach 5.

No vamp is that fast.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19

Quicksilver has crossed continents in less than a second. He was in the middle of a conversation, left before the next syllable came out of the girls mouth, then came back with flowers in his hair that only grew on a specific continent.

No vamp is that fast.

shhh!!! don't tell the twilight fanboys that stick out tongue laughing out loud

dadudemon
Yes, but that's not what you are doing. You said earlier kgf (kilogram force) not kgf*m (kilogram force meters), kgf can be converted to newtons. However, with the conversion you did (and what the tool indicates) you get kgf*m which can not be converted into a unit of force through the use of a constant.

I converted momentum into kinectic energy/joules. That's where you got lost. From there, just pretend it moves by 1 meter and it makes sense.

In other words, it is enough to apply those newtons over the distance of one meter. That's how much energy is used.

What you're trying to do is confuse people into thinking the math is "hokey": that's not going to work. You don't have to move any distance to expend that amount of energy. Generally, you assume 1 meter just to get the energy into kgf.

dadudemon
Except there is precedent that other beings can in fact resist vampire powers. Werewolves were able to do it, even other vampires, depending on their toughness or if they are a shield.

1. Werewolves are magical beings with magical powers. They are the anti-Vampire unit. No characters from Avengers are designed specifically to resist vampire powers from the Avengers team. You are inventing powers for the Avengers.
2. Vampires have magically powers. Of course some magical powers are going to work against the others, depending on the nature of those magical powers. You are inventing powers for the Avengers.

Technically in Avengers Ironman was shown to be able to contiguously use his lasers without them seemingly depleted when he tried to cut through a levitation.

He was not.

You really wanna settle the speed debate.

I can name Bella's first hunt after she turned into a vampire. A MOUNTAIN LION was able to tag her and rip her cloths off.

Since there are other feats and Bella was literally a newborn who had knowledge and control over her superhuman powers (she was being trained, literally, at that point), your point is low-balling. You're trying too hard.

That would be the same as me pretending that Ironman's control over his thrusters were what they were when he was testing them and he splatted against the wall. lol

I already settled the debate. If you want to use low-end feats for vamps, go ahead: but you can't do it in my thread. No will I tolerate low-end feats from the avengers being used.

Now mind you as described in the books, minus vampire powers, a newborn vampire is about as powerful as a vampire can get.

You're missing out on something: physically. Not mentally, physically.

So while she was at her strongest and fastest she will ever be as a vampire, I repeat, a Mountain Lion was able to attack and rip her cloths off. With the kind of speed you attribute to them dodging or reacting to a mountain lion attack should have been nothing for a newborn.

That's where you were going with that? lol Already countered above.

I like how you take the metoer and thunder comments made by bella as fact in trying to prove the vamps are hypersonic.

Those are just some examples, those are not all. The most damning is when Edward ran from Forks to Phoenix.

She actually doesn't know how hard or how far the vamps were actually hitting the balls therefore any numbers you could come up with are based on similes made by a human trying to comprehend what is going on.

Which does not bode well for you.

A baseball, when struck by peak humans, travels close to 130 mph.

Add in a vampire that is thousands of time stronger than humans and then add in a vampire that chases down and catches the ball in the blink of an eye.

The result: you just tried to downplay an absurd feat bit failed to realize the implications of said feat.

Like I said, 616 quicksilver speeds.

Also I said it was one of the reasons why the older vamp said they wanted to remain hidden, but he did make the fact that humans could harm vampires very clear and in the same sentence he used it as an excuse to the reason they needed to kill Renesme.

I already countered this argument. You're talking in circles, now.

They didn't resist the tornado Thor has fine control over it so that only things inside the vortex would be effected afterall it was tossing cars around and cars are much heavier than a human.

Well...you're really just exaggerating at this point.

Only those items very close to the vortex were affected. Those with in about 10 feet of the vortex. The tornado wasn't spinning that fast and the items picked up were those directly inside the vortex. This magically control he doesn't have. He has a slow moving tornado that is enough to pick up cars directly inside and move turned over cars within 10 feet of the vortex. It's weak. It is absurd to think any of the vampires will just sit there and wait for it to pick them up.

dadudemon

lol@you thinking QS is better than he is.

Quicksilver has crossed continents in less than a second.

Not current Quicksilver.

He was in the middle of a conversation, left before the next syllable came out of the girls mouth, then came back with flowers in his hair that only grew on a specific continent.

Not current QS and Edward has done similar but not to another continent.

Not current QS.

Which fits nicely with one of Edward's feats (Edward has that beat, iirc.).

No vamp is that fast.

Well, you tried, right?

big grin

Don't take your rage out on me cos someone else pwned your ass with book facts and I stated your obvious intentions in trying to force the outcome of the match, brah.

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/file.php?40,file=21449,filename=pwned.jpg

Yes, it's rage that you're lost in this thread and I called out your cheerleading: that makes perfect sense.

Ladies and gentleman, this is what happens when you disagree with me. No matter how many of you there are, I will destroy you systemically and completely. Bask in my awesome victories over your pathetic attempts at this thing you call "debate".

mwhahahahahahahaaaaaaa!

dadudemon is the strongest there is!

KingD19
This is all current Quicksilver. The flowers feat happened earlier this year.

He punched Magneto at Mach 4 during AvX, also earlier this year.

And he ran across the world late last year or very early this year.

What vamp feat beats those? All from Current Quicksilver.

You might be thinking of Classic Quicksilver whose just around Mach 1. But after losing his Terrigen powers, his speed came back and got boosted by a huge amount.

KingD19
He's also outrun radio waves.

ScreamPaste
This is garbage for many reasons.

Faster than 130 mph isn't a big deal. So it's faster. It could be... 200 MPH! Edward, probably supersonic on some level catches up to a probably subsonic ball, oh shit. However will anyone handle that?

dadudemon
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
This is garbage for many reasons.

Actually, whatever you're about to post is garbage because you opened your post in reply to one of my posts by saying that.

Faster than 130 mph isn't a big deal.

1. I told you it would be garbage. Last I checked, no human can run even close to 130+ MPH in an instant.
2. Overtaking that baseball nigh-instantly when it is struck by a being that is thousands of time stronger than a human is far faster than 130+ MPH.
3. We don't need that feat, alone, to show that Edward's speed is hypersonic. But it certainly illustrates the type of speed of which he is capable.

So it's faster. It could be... 200 MPH! Edward, probably supersonic on some level catches up to a probably subsonic ball, oh shit. However will anyone handle that?

Yup: knew your reply would be worthless garbage. To overtake it near instantly by a being that has 1000s of times the strength of a human is quite impressive. We don't know how fast Edward had to be to accomplish that but we can go ahead and assume it fits in-line with another of his speed feats: 3000-6000mph.

This is all current Quicksilver. The flowers feat happened earlier this year.

Do you have a scan or two of this?

He punched Magneto at Mach 4 during AvX, also earlier this year.

That's still slower than Edward.

And he ran across the world late last year or very early this year.

Do you have a scan of that, too?

What vamp feat beats those? All from Current Quicksilver.

Edward. He's hypersonic.

You might be thinking of Classic Quicksilver whose just around Mach 1.

I grew up reading Marvel in the 80s and 90s.

However, now, I was thinking of 2000s Quicksilver who is supposed to be around 3000mph, iirc.

But after losing his Terrigen powers, his speed came back and got boosted by a huge amount.

This is news to me.

He's also outrun radio waves.

He hasn't. erm

KingD19

Do you have a scan or two of this?

That's still slower than Edward.

Do you have a scan of that, too?

Edward. He's hypersonic.

I grew up reading Marvel in the 80s and 90s.

However, now, I was thinking of 2000s Quicksilver who is supposed to be around 3000mph, iirc.

This is news to me.

He hasn't. erm

Not flowers, leaves. And he ran from Tibet to Indonesia in the span of a second or two going by the conversation US Agent and that woman were having. Tibet to Indonesia is roughly 4,600km, 9,200 there and back. And this was all in the span of a second or so. So not to another continent, but from one side of Asia to another almost.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/14a7968e.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/MarcusP2/5fc757f3.jpg

How fast is Edward exactly? Do you have solid feats and numbers? Max speed?

Pietro's far faster than that, he only hit Magneto that fast(slow) so he wouldn't hurt him too bad, as Magneto's durability highly rests with his shields. Still good feat for dad though as all he got was a bloody lip.

I'm trying to track it down and downloading the event where it happened, if I can't find it I'll just scan it and post it when it's done.

What feats does Edward have that make him faster than Pietro?

Well if you grew up reading comics then, you need to catch up. You're basing Quicksilver off of a severely outdated version. And he's capable of high end mach feats regularly now.

His upgrade was essentially off panel. He just showed up one day and was insanely fast.

Magneto informing Northstar(one of the fastest people on the planet), he isn't nearly as fast as Quicksilver -

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8595/xmen113pk8.jpg

He hasn't run faster than Radio Waves?
http://i43.tinypic.com/ips7d2.jpg

confused

the ninjak
Quicksilver has had quite the upgrade in the past few years Dadudemon I don't have scans but I'll have a go.

KingD19
Found it - http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5749/assaultonnewolympus12.jpg

Ran halfway across the world in 92 seconds.

juggerman
Wow so much Avenger support.
They lose tho... confused

Estacado
Who ever wins Twilight still remains ghey as phuck....

KingD19
I'm not arguing in favor of anybody, because this seems to be a supposed intentional spite thread.

I'm just pointing out that the vamps are not as fast as Quicksilver. Which I think I've proven.

Robtard
2. Overtaking that baseball nigh-instantly when it is struck by a being that is thousands of time stronger than a human is far faster than 130+ MPH.

Was that baseball made of adamantium?

Cos baseballs break apart if hit too hard by fat guys like Babe Ruth and roided out fools like Barry Bonds. The bats too.

juggerman
Was that baseball made of adamantium?

Cos baseballs break apart if hit too hard by fat guys like Babe Ruth and roided out fools like Barry Bonds. The bats too.

Vampires also burn to death in sunlight. She's retarded...

BruceSkywalker
tl;dr.. even though i have no idea what that means

Robtard
Originally posted by juggerman
Vampires also burn to death in sunlight. She's retarded...

While she's a no talent hack for a writer, I can't rip on her for not including the 'burns in sunlight' aspect, Stoker didn't have it in Dracula. Now the sparkle shit, yeah, that's retarded.

NemeBro
Stoker didn't have it in Dracula. thumb up

The only thing Dracula couldn't during the daylight hours is shapeshift.

He usually slept during the day, but he could still walk around in broad daylight, that would just be the equivelant of staying up late for him. And he still retained his unholy strength, comparable to twenty men in one arm (Beowulf's strength is similarly described, random trufax).

juggerman
But that's Dracula! The king of vamps. Not low level scrubs like in Twilight

dadudemon
He hasn't run faster than Radio Waves?
http://i43.tinypic.com/ips7d2.jpg

confused

Bullshit. That's hyperbole to the max. Radiowaves move at the speed of light (as fast as light moves through the atmosphere) because radiowaves are em radiation. Unless you want to claim that Quicksilver has a greater-than-infinite amount of energy in which to accomplish that task?

ares834
Eh? Comics don't follow real world physics in that regard. Many characters such as Flash, Superman, and SS are able to move at speeds far faster than light.

BloodRain
Since when was Edward hypersonic?

dadudemon
Eh? Comics don't follow real world physics in that regard. Many characters such as Flash, Superman, and SS are able to move at speeds far faster than light.

The Flash's problem is explained, rather stupidly and immaturely, but The Speed Force.

Quicksilver does not have such an ability.

The statement about radio waves was either Hyperbole or was wrong. It seems much more likely that it was hyperbole than a statement of fact.

Originally posted by BloodRain
Since when was Edward hypersonic?

I did a scene by scene analysis of the first film.

There are two interpretations:

1. A few hours pass between the time Bella talks to Edward on the phone and Edward saves Bella at her old dance studio.

2. A few days pass but it so happens that the scene of Bella on the phone with Edward in the afternoon at the hotel, and the Dance Studio scene appearing to occur that same evening is mere coincidence.

Obviously, some say it was about 3 hours apart and the Twi-haters say it was several days, which were not shown and which were not montaged in anyway, apart.

When I did the scene by scene analysis, I took screenshots and included the time stamps of the movies so that there was no confusion at all. But, yes, the only way to explain why my screenshot by screenshot telling of events is not correct is by literally inventing the notion that it occurs a few days apart. Not sure how that flies since it was not seen onscreen.

ScreamPaste
As much as I hate it, and it pisses in the face of reality, many comic book characters do move much faster than light. Supes has done it, Thor has done it, Silver Surfer, as already mentioned. You can't just ignore it due in large part because of how consistent it is. It could be called hyperbole had these characters not demonstrated such movement on panel, but they have demonstrated it.

TheHulk
Dadudemon,is still in this forums? That's a shocker huh

SevenShackles
How are they taking down Thor and hulk.

BloodRain
When I did the scene by scene analysis, I took screenshots and included the time stamps of the movies so that there was no confusion at all. But, yes, the only way to explain why my screenshot by screenshot telling of events is not correct is by literally inventing the notion that it occurs a few days apart. Not sure how that flies since it was not seen onscreen.
Ed&co were heading back in the car when talking to Bella from "the mountains north of Washington", same area as James who has a smilar feat of going from the mountains to Phoenix in over 3 hours.

The mountains in British Columbia are about 3,000 km from Phoenix. The max the vamps travelled would be under 1,000 km/h, Mach 0.817. From the book having Ed say on the phone that they were near Vancouver which is 2,450 km away, the speed would be 817 km/h or Mach 0.667. Neither gives even supersonic speed.

And its only in the movie as they all took a plane in the book.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SevenShackles
How are they taking down Thor and hulk.

they aren't

dadudemon
Ed&co were heading back in the car when talking to Bella from "the mountains north of Washington", same area as James who has a smilar feat of going from the mountains to Phoenix in over 3 hours.

The mountains in British Columbia are about 3,000 km from Phoenix. The max the vamps travelled would be under 1,000 km/h, Mach 0.817. From the book having Ed say on the phone that they were near Vancouver which is 2,450 km away, the speed would be 817 km/h or Mach 0.667. Neither gives even supersonic speed.

And its only in the movie as they all took a plane in the book.

Destroyed this argument already:

Holy shit, Batman, a realistic worst case estimate is 1072 mph. It makes some assumptions that are a bit too conservative.

BloodRain
1,072mph seems fair. The gimps of if he went to the hotel first isn't going to add much, and can be countered with Jas/Alice and the location of the studio. It wouldn't have taken them long at the desk and with her ability she could have noticed something was up the moment Bella got in the cab. On the other hand assuming Bella got to the studio during the sunset period instead of some time after goes slightly in Ed's favour, as does using some average 45mph when they would have been driving fast. In the book Bella even says Jasper was speeding over the limit.
Still, about Mach 1.4.

And where does the 10 mins come from? James started running south some time before Ed&co got to the car. If it took 10 mins from turning back to calling her it'd be noon by the time Bella escaped, which isn't the case. Don't you think if Ed was able to cross the US in 10 mins and knowing that James was turning back that he'd be at the hotel moments after James called?

dadudemon
1,072mph seems fair. The gimps of if he went to the hotel first isn't going to add much, and can be countered with Jas/Alice and the location of the studio. It wouldn't have taken them long at the desk and with her ability she could have noticed something was up the moment Bella got in the cab. On the other hand assuming Bella got to the studio during the sunset period instead of some time after goes slightly in Ed's favour, as does using some average 45mph when they would have been driving fast. In the book Bella even says Jasper was speeding over the limit.
Still, about Mach 1.4.

A very reasonable, intelligent, and thought out post. I cannot argue against anything in this post. I think 1072 is fair: it could be more, it could be less.

And where does the 10 mins come from? James started running south some time before Ed&co got to the car. If it took 10 mins from turning back to calling her it'd be noon by the time Bella escaped, which isn't the case. Don't you think if Ed was able to cross the US in 10 mins and knowing that James was turning back that he'd be at the hotel moments after James called?

Honestly, I am having a hard time remembering where that came from. I think one of the opposers to "faster vampires" was arguing about a 10 minute thing. It was used as an example. Just ignore that.

I am going to do something else: there are several speed feats in the last film that show a much clearer distance of them running. I will be able to do speed feats for them from that film and having something more concrete (like I did with the trash-compactor scene from Star Wars: A New Hope. I believe I came up with something around 60 mph for that trash compactor blaster bolt...and another poster on anther site came up with 100-300 mph for Jango Fett's pistol's blaster bolts, showing that not all blasters are created equal). Once I do a frame by frame and estimate the distances, I can post some actual speed feats with screenshots so we can get more legit measures.

We can post up a feats thread in this forum or the MvF, later. I think that would make it easier to deal with all these feats and I would have to stop repeating myself so much.

NemeBro
You guys are gay.

Zack Fair
ROFL

dadudemon
Originally posted by NemeBro
You guys are gay.

Careful, now, or I will send you more pictures of my pecs and abs.

quanchi112
You guys are gay. Takes one to know one.

AuraAngel
NemeBro has admitted it before Quan so your insult backfires.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AuraAngel
NemeBro has admitted it before Quan so your insult backfires. Oh you nerdy gamers. Hard to put one over on you outcasts of society.

AuraAngel
Originally posted by quanchi112
Oh you nerdy gamers. Hard to put one over on you outcasts of society.

You have a boner for a guy that lacks a nose bone. Your argument is invalid.

Oh and yeah this thread....

Dun care. DDM clearly designed it to be spite because right after making the thread his very next post was talking about why it was spite. Whether it truly is or not(and for which side) is an argument I don't feel like getting into because the intent of this thread bores me.

quanchi112
You have a boner for a guy that lacks a nose bone. Your argument is invalid.

Dun care. DDM clearly designed it to be spite because right after making the thread his very next post was talking about why it was spite. Whether it truly is or not(and for which side) is an argument I don't feel like getting into because the intent of this thread bores me. He used to have a nose and is the most dominant movie wizard ever. Treat him with the respect he has earned.

dadudemon

Dun care. DDM clearly designed it to be spite because right after making the thread his very next post was talking about why it was spite. Whether it truly is or not(and for which side) is an argument I don't feel like getting into because the intent of this thread bores me.

Make sure you represent facts properly:

This thread is a spite thread but it will never reach the spite thread levels because of the rabid Avenger's fanboyism.

It was made to show, that despite the fact it is a super stomp in favor of the Twivamps, the Avenger fanboyism is so absurd that it ends up not being spite because of how much support the Avengers get in these types of threads.

NemeBro
Takes one to know one. Oh hey puss boy is back after he sort of laid low for a while after being spanked.

How is it going?

Wei Phoenix
He used to have a nose and is the most dominant movie wizard ever.

Mickey Mouse says hi.

BloodRain
A very reasonable, intelligent, and thought out post. I cannot argue against anything in this post. I think 1072 is fair: it could be more, it could be less.
I-I'm not used to being complimented on this site >_> but yeah, wouldn't have thought they were supersonic, so a decent feat for the verse.

I am going to do something else: there are several speed feats in the last film that show a much clearer distance of them running. I will be able to do speed feats for them from that film and having something more concrete (like I did with the trash-compactor scene from Star Wars: A New Hope. I believe I came up with something around 60 mph for that trash compactor blaster bolt...and another poster on anther site came up with 100-300 mph for Jango Fett's pistol's blaster bolts, showing that not all blasters are created equal). Once I do a frame by frame and estimate the distances, I can post some actual speed feats with screenshots so we can get more legit measures.

We can post up a feats thread in this forum or the MvF, later. I think that would make it easier to deal with all these feats and I would have to stop repeating myself so much.
Would probably help, this place is lacking a place to check up on feats without digging through dozens of posts and threads. What we need is a proper wiki...

Scarlet Fox
Hmm.. With all the Vampires of Twilight against the Avengers.

Hawkeye and Blackwidow are useless.

Thor could smash them apart with his hammer and him being a God who is to say the Twilight powers would work? He has taken a beaten from Hulk and shrugged it off afterwards. And Even the hulk isnt able to pick Thors hammer up so the Vamps wouldnt be able to catch a thrown Thor hammer let alone block it. A bolt of thunder from this god could set them all on fire.

Jaspers powers do not Force a person to calm down. He influences them. That is no promise to say his power can Quell the rage that is the Hulk. To be honest I see Jaspers powers being overwhelmed by Hulks Rage. Janes power would just piss him off even more and he would just get stronger. And if you take away his senses that will just make him flip out and start flailing. Alexs powers take away senses, not movement. I do not see Hulk being beaten to be honest.

Ironman is just a Mech. Rockets and gunfire wont affect the Vamps much and they could probably crush the suit all together. Ironman may be able to provide support with his repulsors but if even one vamp gets too close he is lible to lose a part of that armor.

Who else... Blackwidow would fall... Hawkeye would fall... Ironman would be a maybe.. Thor and Hulk, I dont see them falling. Nick Fury wouldnt last either but he wouldnt be out in the field anyway.

Am I missing something?

Oh. The Vamps are not Super Sonic speed.

Avengers Take this but not easily.

AuraAngel
He used to have a nose and is the most dominant movie wizard ever. Treat him with the respect he has earned.

Please I can name half a dozen better wizards off the top of my head.

Make sure you represent facts properly:

It was made to show, that despite the fact it is a super stomp in favor of the Twivamps, the Avenger fanboyism is so absurd that it ends up not being spite because of how much support the Avengers get in these types of threads.

Kay.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Mickey Mouse says hi. Wrong.

quanchi112
Please I can name half a dozen better wizards off the top of my head.

Kay. No, you can't. Just accept him and put your faith in him.

AuraAngel
No, you can't. Just accept him and put your faith in him.

Jafar
Merlin(probably more than one)
Jimmy(from The Wizard of course)
Any Fairy Godparent would floss their teeth with him.
Ursula
Trident

Mind you I'm being liberal with the term "wizard" and only using people who either explicitly use a wand or staff like thing.

ScreamPaste
The Iron Man suit has held up to much more damage than the vamps can dish out to my knowledge. The suit he wore during the beginning of The Avengers stood up to a ride through a hellicarrier turbine, for example, the suit he wore at the end was a mark ahead of that suit. Either suit could definitely protect him from physical damage.

The thing is with this thread though, Thor. They can't win around him, they have to deal with him at some point if they're going to win, and they frankly cannot. There's debate to be had about what exactly the vamps powers do to Hulk, I guess. Not all that interested because in the end the outcome is the same, the Avengers win in the end. ...So I'm not sure why I pointed out the Iron Man thing, but hey.

Thor ftw.

quanchi112
Jafar
Merlin(probably more than one)
Jimmy(from The Wizard of course)
Any Fairy Godparent would floss their teeth with him.
Ursula
Trident

Mind you I'm being liberal with the term "wizard" and only using people who either explicitly use a wand or staff like thing. Wrong on all counts.

juggerman
Wrong on all counts.

Not all.

quanchi112
Not all. You've been wrong here a lot lately. Par for your course.

Scarlet Fox
Plx stay on topic boys.

Ironmans suit did indeed withstand being clunked around the turbine but the vamps could grind away stone with a finger nail and would make hamburger out of the turbine if even one of them was dropped into it.

But it dont matter cause Thor would just be all 'Beech plz!'

juggerman
You've been wrong here a lot lately. Par for your course.

I cannot recall a time when you were right about anything. I'm sure you'll get something right one day tho. Keep you chin up son

SevenShackles
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
Hmm.. With all the Vampires of Twilight against the Avengers.

Hawkeye and Blackwidow are useless.

Thor could smash them apart with his hammer and him being a God who is to say the Twilight powers would work? He has taken a beaten from Hulk and shrugged it off afterwards. And Even the hulk isnt able to pick Thors hammer up so the Vamps wouldnt be able to catch a thrown Thor hammer let alone block it. A bolt of thunder from this god could set them all on fire.

Jaspers powers do not Force a person to calm down. He influences them. That is no promise to say his power can Quell the rage that is the Hulk. To be honest I see Jaspers powers being overwhelmed by Hulks Rage. Janes power would just piss him off even more and he would just get stronger. And if you take away his senses that will just make him flip out and start flailing. Alexs powers take away senses, not movement. I do not see Hulk being beaten to be honest.

Ironman is just a Mech. Rockets and gunfire wont affect the Vamps much and they could probably crush the suit all together. Ironman may be able to provide support with his repulsors but if even one vamp gets too close he is lible to lose a part of that armor.

Who else... Blackwidow would fall... Hawkeye would fall... Ironman would be a maybe.. Thor and Hulk, I dont see them falling. Nick Fury wouldnt last either but he wouldnt be out in the field anyway.

Am I missing something?

Oh. The Vamps are not Super Sonic speed.

Avengers Take this but not easily.
thumb up
If anyone disagrees then explain to me or quote something I didn't notice that explains how they handle Thor. Not just 'slow moving tornados can't hit uber vampires' they need to take him out to win.

juggerman
thumb up
If anyone disagrees then explain to me or quote something I didn't notice that explains how they handle Thor. Not just 'slow moving tornados can't hit uber vampires' they need to take him out to win.

Alec shutting off his senses, Jane pulling a "Crucio", the Amazon chick making Thor believe he's in a brothel pounding wenches.

Killing him that point wouldn't be too hard imo

quanchi112
I cannot recall a time when you were right about anything. I'm sure you'll get something right one day tho. Keep you chin up son Says the guy who argued Shang Tsung was greater than Quanchi despite a creator and a canon fair fight showing otherwise. Keep dreaming, guy.

juggerman
Says the guy who argued Shang Tsung was greater than Quanchi despite a creator and a canon fair fight showing otherwise. Keep dreaming, guy.

Says the guy who cannot prove Quan Chi was better than Shang Tsung despite a creator and a canon fair fight showing it. What a loser.

ScreamPaste
Alec shutting off his senses, Jane pulling a "Crucio", the Amazon chick making Thor believe he's in a brothel pounding wenches.

Killing him that point wouldn't be too hard imo This could be disastrous.

If they convince Thor he should be laying into Asgardian wmnz, he'll come to hours later with glitter and flammable blood all over his groin, and not a vampire left alive.

juggerman
This could be disastrous.

If they convince Thor he should be laying into Asgardian wmnz, he'll come to hours later with glitter and flammable blood all over his groin, and not a vampire left alive.

laughing

But they still could have he believe he's where they want him to think he is. Like relaxing by a river somewhere. And there is still the fact that there are other's that can manipultae him.

ScreamPaste
Eh, I have my doubts about that. To go from being in battle against an army of twinkling vampires to somewhere else entirely is suspect, especially when your (adopted) brother is Loki of all things. Besides, if they do trance him and for some reason he doesn't AoE, forcing the attack to stop, he'll likely come to the second another attack is made on him, if the first power works on him at all. shrug

Even getting that attack off would be difficult because Thor would probably, being presented with a small army of enemies, be in the sky using his weather manip anyway.

Vamps can't outrun lightning.

juggerman
Eh, I have my doubts about that. To go from being in battle against an army of twinkling vampires to somewhere else entirely is suspect, especially when your (adopted) brother is Loki of all things. Besides, if they do trance him and for some reason he doesn't AoE, forcing the attack to stop, he'll likely come to the second another attack is made on him, if the first power works on him at all. shrug

Even getting that attack off would be difficult because Thor would probably, being presented with a small army of enemies, be in the sky using his weather manip anyway.

Vamps can't outrun lightning.

I wouldn't doubt it as Edward himself said that, had he not been able to hear the thoughts of those around him, he would have believed he was elsewhere. And that was with him being fully aware of what was about to happen. Thor wouldn't be prepped in such a way and has no TP to alert him that something was amiss.

And that's assuming they go with that tactic. Jane could bring him to his knees in an instant and keep him there while others attack. He'd be defenseless. Assuming of course the others are already dispatched and/or otherwise incapable of assisting him

quanchi112
Says the guy who cannot prove Quan Chi was better than Shang Tsung despite a creator and a canon fair fight showing it. What a loser. It was proven but I can't convince the delusional aka you.

juggerman
It was proven but I can't convince the delusional aka you.

Unfortunately proof is not "well i like this guy better so he wins". If it was you'd be unstoppable. As of now you're just sad.

ScreamPaste
I wouldn't doubt it as Edward himself said that, had he not been able to hear the thoughts of those around him, he would have believed he was elsewhere. And that was with him being fully aware of what was about to happen. Thor wouldn't be prepped in such a way and has no TP to alert him that something was amiss.

And that's assuming they go with that tactic. Jane could bring him to his knees in an instant and keep him there while others attack. He'd be defenseless. Assuming of course the others are already dispatched and/or otherwise incapable of assisting him I really doubt Jane could keep Thor immobile with her ability, it'd probably just piss him off more. The vampires would be dying in droves to lightning, given how flammable they are they'd likely straight up explode.

If, of all the vamps here, those two manage to survive long enough to target Thor, worst case scenario is

1. He's only hit with the delusion, as soon as someone else interacts with him, or he's attacked, he snaps out of it.
2. He's hit with both, the pain snaps him out of it.
3. He's hit with just the pain and gets mad.

None of those indicates a win.

quanchi112
Unfortunately proof is not "well i like this guy better so he wins". If it was you'd be unstoppable. As of now you're just sad. A fair fight in which Quanchi dominated along with a programmer of the game stating Quanchi is the greatest sorcerer in Mk is proof. You're debating reeked of butthurt, denial, and fanboyism.

juggerman
I really doubt Jane could keep Thor immobile with her ability, it'd probably just piss him off more. The vampires would be dying in droves to lightning, given how flammable they are they'd likely straight up explode.

If, of all the vamps here, those two manage to survive long enough to target Thor, worst case scenario is

1. He's only hit with the delusion, as soon as someone else interacts with him, or he's attacked, he snaps out of it.
2. He's hit with both, the pain snaps him out of it.
3. He's hit with just the pain and gets mad.

None of those indicates a win.

What kind of resistance to mental attacks has Thor shown? He can handle being physically attacked very well but Jane's attack is mental. He would be brought down by it like everyone else was.

juggerman
A fair fight in which Quanchi dominated along with a programmer of the game stating Quanchi is the greatest sorcerer in Mk is proof. You're debating reeked of butthurt, denial, and fanboyism.

You lost and ran away like the coward you are. You bringing this into another unrelated threat is both sad and pathetic. No wonder i'm not surprised you've chose to do it. Wipe your tears and bump the thread if you want to get schooled further. Put up or shut up little girl

quanchi112
You lost and ran away like the coward you are. You bringing this into another unrelated threat is both sad and pathetic. No wonder i'm not surprised you've chose to do it. Wipe your tears and bump the thread if you want to get schooled further. Put up or shut up little girl Be careful what you wish for weakling. Anyone who disagrees with programmers or writers of said characters is delusional.

juggerman
Be careful what you wish for weakling. Anyone who disagrees with programmers or writers of said characters is delusional.

So no putting up? Darn and i was hoping you actually had some balls. Never the less have fun behind your wall of cowardice\

EDIT: Nevermind big grin

quanchi112
So no putting up? Darn and i was hoping you actually had some balls. Never the less have fun behind your wall of cowardice\

EDIT: Nevermind big grin Try making sense for a change.

juggerman
Try making sense for a change.

Try to hide your butthurt a little for a change

quanchi112
Try to hide your butthurt a little for a change You're having a meltdown.

ScreamPaste
What kind of resistance to mental attacks has Thor shown? He can handle being physically attacked very well but Jane's attack is mental. He would be brought down by it like everyone else was. Jane's attack is pain. Thor has very high pain tolerance. stick out tongue

AuraAngel
Wrong on all counts.

haermm

You want to prove it in a Cosmo vs Voldemort thread then?

ScreamPaste

haermm

You want to prove it in a Cosmo vs Voldemort thread then? Lez do dis. Cosmo v.s. Voldemort. I'd pay to see that.

dadudemon
I'd like to point out that vampires were called "bullet-proof" multiple times.

And they are genuine speedsters. Remember the OP allows for the book to be used. They are much faster at fighting in the books. To a human, it appears like teleportation.

Thor is a badass with stupid amounts of damage soke: it took falling out of the sky at thousand of feet up before he started to take damage.

Honestly, I do not know if the vampires have enough strength to harm Thor even if they are, "Thousands of times stronger than humans." I think Scream Paste brings up a good point about Thor.

He's as strong as the Hulk, has stupid amounts of combat experience and skills, and has super human endurance to fight for hours (based on movies feats, imo).

Granted, I think the vampires can literally run circles around Thor and he would hit nothing but air, he still has area attacks like some sort of chain lightening attack.

What do the Twilight vampire supporters say about how they kill Thor? I already ready the part about the illusion, Alec, and Jane stuff. That's a good way. But do the vampires have enough strength to kill the near-Godlike Thor? Keep his durability in mind: it took a fall from the air to damage him.

thumb up

No, you should read the thread. Do your own homework.

AuraAngel
DDM are you trying to use high end feats from both the books and the movie? Because in the books they quite explicitly travel between Phoenix and Forks by plane, meaning whatever calcs you and BR concluded don't apply there.

quanchi112

haermm

You want to prove it in a Cosmo vs Voldemort thread then? your butthurt continues.

AuraAngel
your butthurt continues.

Haha no but seriously Cosmo could solo every single movie verse you seem to be a fan of. And he's just a normal Fairy. Jorgon would utterly...

Well honestly there are no words for that amount of stomp.

quanchi112
Haha no but seriously Cosmo could solo every single movie verse you seem to be a fan of. And he's just a normal Fairy. Jorgon would utterly...

Well honestly there are no words for that amount of stomp. I have no idea who this even is. The nope was in response to the characters I knew of. I don't debate against characters I have no knowledge on.

AuraAngel
Kay. Jafar was able to casually toss a large ass tower for miles(better than anything Voldy has done) and react to both Carpet, Rajan, and Aladdin. He has all he needs to defeat Voldy. I assume that is who you were talking about? If you want I'll make the thread.

quanchi112
Kay. Jafar was able to casually toss a large ass tower for miles(better than anything Voldy has done) and react to both Carpet and Aladdin. He has all he needs to defeat Voldy. I assume that is who you were talking about? If you want I'll make the thread. Av wins the day. Do what you want. I really don't care enough about Jafar ATM due to engaging Lotr myths currently.

dadudemon
DDM are you trying to use high end feats from both the books and the movie? Because in the books they quite explicitly travel between Phoenix and Forks by plane, meaning whatever calcs you and BR concluded don't apply there.

It does not matter because I get to choose the better of the two.

And, if I wanted to, I could come up with some stupid fast feats from the books.

So, don't worry about it unless you want me to turn BD into a wasteland.

NemeBro
You couldn't.

No one is afraid of you, bitchnig.

dadudemon
You couldn't.

No one is afraid of you, bitchnig.

Wasteland means, "No one wants to read that crap and there is just so much of it!"

NemeBro
What does BD mean?

dadudemon
It means, "B*tch, this Dick."

juggerman
You're having a meltdown.

You're losing on all fronts. laughing out loud

"Wrong on all counts..... uh except i don't know if you actually are wrong i just like to talk and then back peddle"

quanchi112
You're losing on all fronts. laughing out loud

"Wrong on all counts..... uh except i don't know if you actually are wrong i just like to talk and then back peddle" You are wrong once again. Happens all the time with you. Concede already ?

juggerman

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>