Galvatron vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
been reading a little transformers. have loads of respect for galvatron and he seems to be very powerful. not sure the most powerful form of him though. transformers continuity is hell....

anyway, most powerful version of galvatron here (without using any one-time power amps). is there a version that could challenge or beat the titan?

dmills
Haven't kept up with Transformers in decades, but one thing that I remember as a kid was that Optimus Prime was always more powerful than Megatron. That doesn't seem to be the case in recent times amirite?

TheGodKiller
What are comic Galvatron's feats ?

cdtm
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
What are comic Galvatron's feats ?

UK Galvatron, from Target 2006 and Time Wars?
Well, for one, he tanked Megatrons fusion canon on more then one occasion, and that weapon took down Predaking, and when he was wildly firing into the air during one of his insane rants, little bits of it fell back to Earth and drove off the US army (Which Megatron had no idea was even there) that was advancing on heir fortress, with tanks and everything...

Dominated Piranacon in h2h underwater, terrorized a combined autobot/decepticon army that included leader class bots like Shockwave and Scorponok (fyi, Shockwave was always about even with Megatron, and Scorp was winning a fight with Shockwave. Galvatron treats him like a joke, punching through his chest and claiming he's not even worth a killing blow.) Even Powermaster Optimus couldn't beat him when half his face was blown off by an experimental super weapon, and he was hallucinating.

He was virtually invulnerable, by Transformers standards.. Rodimus Prime tried frying him with electricity he was siphoning off from this volcano, that was more then enough juice to fry an army of Transformers, and it didn't even take him off his feet long enough for Rodimus to escape a beatdown..

The only thing that stopped this Galvatron, was a time storm that tore his body apart. If not for that, he probably would have killed Powermaster Optimus Prime and everyone else around him..

cdtm
Originally posted by dmills
Haven't kept up with Transformers in decades, but one thing that I remember as a kid was that Optimus Prime was always more powerful than Megatron. That doesn't seem to be the case in recent times amirite?

This was true in the comic books. I don't think Simon Furman liked Megatron too much, because he had Starscream take him down and nearly kill him, too. big grin

But his Galvatrons another story. The only characters that could even stand up to him were Furman's pet character Deaths Head (pre Minion, of course), and Ultra Magnus.

Been thinking off and on about making a respect thread for Galvatron and Deaths Head, but wasn't sure if the interest was there.. But I've never done one of those before, so maybe I'll break out the comics and scans and get it done..

pym-ftw
Thanos, he can tank a blackhole which is what the fusion cannons anti matter blast comes from

Digi
Probably Thanos, but not an easy fight.

Originally posted by dmills

He always BEAT Megatron. There's a difference. Prime, in his "normal" incarnations, never had an equal to 'tron's cannon attack.

Originally posted by cdtm
Been thinking off and on about making a respect thread for Galvatron and Deaths Head...

Er.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t449954.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t461698.html

But it's only been there since '07. Maybe you missed it.

wink

Brockalizer
Thanos uses him for spare parts.

cdtm
Originally posted by Digi
Probably Thanos, but not an easy fight.

He always BEAT Megatron. There's a difference. Prime, in his "normal" incarnations, never had an equal to 'tron's cannon attack.

Er.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t449954.html
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t461698.html

But it's only been there since '07. Maybe you missed it.

wink

Aye.

Impressive work. big grin

Ok, I'll whip up a Galvatron one then. Should be relatively easy, considering his showings are rare outside of Simon Furman UK filler stories.

cdtm
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Thanos uses him for spare parts.

A weaker version of Galvatron basically tanked being slapped to the ground by Unicron.

But I agree... Galvatron at his best is awesome, by Transformers standards. Thanos is on a completely different level.

Digi
Originally posted by cdtm
Aye.

Impressive work. big grin

Ok, I'll whip up a Galvatron one then. Should be relatively easy, considering his showings are rare outside of Simon Furman UK filler stories.

Thanks. It was before I knew much about Transformers, so there's some context missing from my descriptions in the feats. Also a few dead links, as is to be expected. It's mostly still intact though.

guy222
thanos wins

TXP101
It's weird, in a way. Galvatron, as one of Unicron's countless heralds, has little in the way of power, but primus can make a robot like the fallen. That is SCREWED UP. (Side comment)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.