Creeper Vs Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/9506/237898-29632-creeper_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/100352/2662991-tomki_large.jpg

zopzop
This is the end result of this showdown :
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/captain_america.jpg
And this is assuming the Creeper is feeling merciful.

JakeTheBank
Cap whoops that ass.

Golgo13
Creeper is no pushover.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Cap whoops that ass.
This is a forum fight, not a comic with a writer protecting Cap.
Originally posted by zopzop
Creeper's power were augmented when he took that little trip to Hell. Here he is (before the boost) :
Healing Factor (being torn apart by dozens of torture instruments) -
http://imageshack.us/a/img37/1050/creeperregen.th.jpg

Durability (crashes a spaceship to Earth and survives just fine) -
http://imageshack.us/a/img62/6535/creepercrash1.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img593/6240/creepercrash2.th.jpg

Pain inducing laugh -
http://imageshack.us/a/img687/3426/creeperlaugh.th.jpg

Demonstrating his new abilities after the Hell upgrade :
A boost to his already superhuman strength, fire immunity and "mane" control -
http://imageshack.us/a/img109/8643/maneandfire.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img198/4025/fireandwind.th.jpg http://imageshack.us/a/img84/1700/lastman.th.jpg

That's just some of it (what I could find on Comicvine). There's examples of his laugh causing actual physical damage to solid materials, him pwning a demon in hell, etc..
If Cap survives with his appendages intact, I guess you can consider that a win for him.

JakeTheBank
Those are good feats.

That doesn't mean he beats Captain America, "writer protection" or not.

Golgo13
Can Cap deal with the laugh?

CosmicComet
Yeah, by not being affected by it.

zopzop
Originally posted by Golgo13
Can Cap deal with the laugh?
Even ignoring the laugh, how would he deal with the mane? What's stopping Creeper from just strangling Cap to death with his mane? Look at the reach of that thing. That's assuming he doesn't just tear Cap apart with his bare hands (he's taken out a moderately powerful demon in Hell).

He's (Cap) not winning this fight at all.

JakeTheBank
Considering his willpower, pain threshold, and damage soak, I don't see why he couldn't push through it.

If those are the best feats Creeper has and indicative of his average since Reign in Hell revealed his demonic heritage (which was stupid, imo for Ryder's character), then Captain America can most definitely still take him out.

Golgo13
Even ignoring the laugh, how would he deal with the mane? What's stopping Creeper from just strangling Cap to death with his mane? Look at the reach of that thing. That's assuming he doesn't just tear Cap apart with his bare hands (he's taken out a moderately powerful demon in Hell).

Good point, but I asked because Cap has some good willpower. I'd like to see scans, though.

JakeTheBank

Feats for this demon? Because Captain America has steamrolled entire legions of Dark Elves and trolls and other creatures to say nothing of the actual named characters he's beaten up or sonned.

Nothing you posted from Creeper indicates he stomps Rogers, which seems to be the mindset you have regarding this fight.

zopzop
Considering his willpower, pain threshold, and damage soak, I don't see why he couldn't push through it.

If those are the best feats Creeper has and indicative of his average since Reign in Hell revealed his demonic heritage (which was stupid, imo for Ryder's character), then Captain America can most definitely still take him out.
Creeper took out a demon in Hell and he beat a team of elemental metas which included the standard Brick type character that had seismic powers, a Human Torch type character, a Red Tornado type character, a Water Wizard type character and a Blizzard type character in a literal LAUGH.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Yeah, by not being affected by it.

thumb up

In all seriousness, though, Captain America's resume is a pretty goddamn impressive one.

Golgo13

I just read that Creeper can teleport to hell and back. If so, that can also work in his favor.

zopzop
Feats for this demon? Because Captain America has steamrolled entire legions of Dark Elves and trolls and other creatures to say nothing of the actual named characters he's beaten up or sonned.

Nothing you posted from Creeper indicates he stomps Rogers, which seems to be the mindset you have regarding this fight.
An overwhelming amount of Cap's fights suffer from horrendous PIS and writer protection. Case in point : AvX vs Rachel Grey. He was blocking her TK with his shield. She could have just CRUSHED his skull with her TK. Or disarmed him with her TK. Or BFRed him into the ocean or space with her TK. Of all the things she could do with her TK she chooses to "shoot" a TK blast at his shield? GTFoO here with that.

Without PIS/CIS or writer armor, he's not beating the Creeper.
I just read that Creeper can teleport to hell and back. If so, that can also work in his favor.
He can and he stated he's done it multiple times since his upgrade. There was a scan on Comicvine stating it but I can't find the thread now. Don't forget Creeper's maneuverability advantage being a superhuman class gymnast that can leap multiple stories high and cling to walls.

JakeTheBank
Creeper took out a demon in Hell and he beat a team of elemental metas which included the standard Brick type character that had seismic powers, a Human Torch type character, a Red Tornado type character, a Water Wizard type character and a Blizzard type character in a literal LAUGH.

Feats/context for this demon in Hell that Creeper beat?

Those scans you posted concerning the elemental metas display Creeper no-selling flame and out fighting them.

How does that translate into him beating Captain America?

JakeTheBank
An overwhelming amount of Cap's fights suffer from horrendous PIS and writer protection. Case in point : AvX vs Rachel Grey. He was blocking her TK with his shield. She could have just CRUSHED his skull with her TK. Or disarmed him with her TK. Or BFRed him into the ocean or space with her TK. Of all the things she could do with her TK she chooses to "shoot" a TK blast at his shield? GTFoO here with that.

Without PIS/CIS or writer armor, he's not beating the Creeper.

You act like that's the craziest shit Cap's shield has blocked.

Not sure how Rachel being a tard as usual is a strike against Cap?

But yeah, let's not get into the "All of Cap's feats are PIS/writer protection" line of thought otherwise this thread is going to get derailed.

Golgo13
I'd actually like to see Cap resisting Creeper style laughter.

zopzop
You act like that's the craziest shit Cap's shield has blocked.

Not sure how Rachel being a tard as usual is a strike against Cap?

But yeah, let's not get into the "All of Cap's feats are PIS/writer protection" line of thought otherwise this thread is going to get derailed.
Not all but a huge amount of them are outright PIS/CIS and/or writer protection. His fight vs Cyclops is yet another example. Why not shoot off a "mega optic blast" instead of a measly one EXACTLY within Cap's shield range to block? roll eyes (sarcastic)

But back on topic, without comic book shenanigans Cap's not winning even one fight.
I'd actually like to see Cap resisting Creeper style laughter.
Some writers depict it actually having a real PHYSICAL effect on you and not just psychological/spiritual. The above scan was one example, this is another :
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/8485/creeperal.th.jpg
The Creeper is so underrated.

Golgo13
I think Zop is talking about Masters of Disaster

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/32493/1233007-outsiders_2027_large.jpghttp://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3664/112139-81188-masters-of-disaster_large.jpg

abhilegend
Rachel in the same comic dropped thor with one TK hit, didn't she? Cap does benefit from writer protection.

JakeTheBank
Not all but a huge amount of them are outright PIS/CIS and/or writer protection. His fight vs Cyclops is yet another example. Why not shoot off a "mega optic blast" instead of a measly one EXACTLY within Cap's shield range to block? roll eyes (sarcastic)

But back on topic, without comic book shenanigans Cap's not winning even one fight.

Why doesn't Cap behead people with shield throws when he's more than capable of doing so? Why doesn't Hulk just instantly get as angry as he needs to be to accomplish any task or easily defeat any threat? Why doesn't Thor just hurl Mjolnir at speeds exceeding the speed of light and instantly rendering people KO'd if not dead?

Comics are like that. Doesn't invalidate fights or feats and it's not one character's fault another doesn't use a method that the readers would like to see on panel.

If you're going to discount the majority of Cap's feats and fights with more impressive people than who Creeper has thrown down with as "comic book shenanigans", then, yeah, it'll be hard to make an argument for Cap to win.

Damborgson
@ahbi depends which comic you read. One shows Rachel dropping Thor with a psychic hammer, the other shows rachel blasting Thor then Namor joins but Thor is still conscious and fighting.

zopzop
Why doesn't Cap behead people with shield throws when he's more than capable of doing so? Why doesn't Hulk just instantly get as angry as he needs to be to accomplish any task or easily defeat any threat? Why doesn't Thor just hurl Mjolnir at speeds exceeding the speed of light and instantly rendering people KO'd if not dead?

Comics are like that. Doesn't invalidate fights or feats and it's not one character's fault another doesn't use a method that the readers would like to see on panel.

If you're going to discount the majority of Cap's feats and fights with more impressive people than who Creeper has thrown down with as "comic book shenanigans", then, yeah, it'll be hard to make an argument for Cap to win.
But that's the thing, this is a FORUM FIGHT, not a comic book one. Creeper with Hell upgrade is simply too much for Captain America, if both characters are using their abilities at their best.

Cap is simply outclassed.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Damborgson
@ahbi depends which comic you read. One shows Rachel dropping Thor with a psychic hammer, the other shows rachel blasting Thor then Namor joins but Thor is still conscious and fighting.
Yeah, two differemt comics. God AvX was ****ing crapshit the way it treated thor. Its abhi, damnit.durhulk

JakeTheBank
But that's the thing, this is a FORUM FIGHT, not a comic book one. Creeper with Hell upgrade is simply too much for Captain America, if both characters are using their abilities at their best.

Cap is simply outclassed.

Cap using his abilities to his best does shit other "streets" only dream of, though.

Creeper certainly isn't beyond Cap's means to harm.

Mindset
What's stopping Cap from ripping Creeper apart and shitting on his corpse?

Nothing, nothing at all.

Golgo13
Cap using his abilities to his best does shit other "streets" only dream of, though.

Creeper is much more agile and faster. Not to mention his laugh will throw off Cap.

JakeTheBank
Creeper is much more agile and faster. Not to mention his laugh will throw off Cap.

Much more agile and faster?

Can you prove that?

Mindset

Can you prove that? Allow me to answer for my good friend, Prep Man.

No.

zopzop

PIS/CIS off Cap would be caught and strangled by Creepers mane. It held and KOed a brick meta almost instantly. This isn't even taking into account his durability, excellent healing factor, super strength, maneuverability, and "laugh".

Maybe you missed it but like I pointed out, his "laugh" doesn't merely cause psychological/spiritual distress, it actually causes PHYSICAL damage :
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/8485/creeperal.th.jpg

zopzop

Can you prove that?
I don't know about agile and faster but Creeper is definitely more maneuverable. He can leap many stories high and cling to walls that PLUS his superhuman agility means he can dance around Cap all day if he wanted to.

JakeTheBank
PIS/CIS off Cap would be caught and strangled by Creepers mane. It held and KOed a brick meta almost instantly. This isn't even taking into account his durability, excellent healing factor, super strength, maneuverability, and "laugh".

Maybe you missed it but like I pointed out, his "laugh" doesn't merely cause psychological/spiritual distress, it actually causes PHYSICAL damage :
http://imageshack.us/a/img821/8485/creeperal.th.jpg

You are aware of Cap's physical attributes and the feats he's accomplished with them, yes?

Mindset
I don't know about agile and faster but Creeper is definitely more maneuverable. He can leap many stories high and cling to walls that PLUS his superhuman agility means he can dance around Cap all day if he wanted to. Like Spiderman does?

Golgo13

Can you prove that?

I'd peg Creeper around Spider-Man level in the agile department, even without the amp. I haven't seen Cap do the moves Creeper has pulled off. Creeper has healing and powers on his side, not to mention enhanced strength and speed. Cap isn't stomping.

zopzop
You are aware of Cap's physical attributes and the feats he's accomplished with them, yes?
You're aware that the laugh is a "free" attack and while Cap is attempting to resist it's physical/psychological effects, he'd be getting pounded on and or grappled/strangled by Creeper's mane right?

JakeTheBank
I don't know about agile and faster but Creeper is definitely more maneuverable. He can leap many stories high and cling to walls that PLUS his superhuman agility means he can dance around Cap all day if he wanted to.

Opposed to Cap's own agility and speed and the shield's ranged capabilities, I really don't see Creeper dancing around Steve indefinitely.

zopzop
Originally posted by Mindset
Like Spiderman does?
Yup now add in his "laugh" which is a "free" attack and his reach advantage using his mane and Cap is dead man.

JakeTheBank
You're aware that the laugh is a "free" attack and while Cap is attempting to resist it's physical/psychological effects, he'd be getting pounded on and or grappled/strangled by Creeper's mane right?

Considering Cap's retarded levels of psychological and physical pain tolerance/willpower, I'm not seeing it as the game changer you seem to be. And it's not like Cap can't defend himself even while being assailed in such a manner.

That's without factoring in the fact that Cap has used the shield to defend against Klaw's sound based offenses before to great effect, as much sense as that makes.

Golgo13

Can Beast pull off the same mobility moves?

Mindset
Yup now add in his "laugh" which is a "free" attack and his reach advantage using his mane and Cap is dead man. Spiderman doesn't.

zopzop
Opposed to Cap's own agility and speed and the shield's ranged capabilities, I really don't see Creeper dancing around Steve indefinitely.
He'd be fighting off the effects of the laugh and the shield can be deflected by the mane while he grabbed Cap with it. His mane easily grabbed, from a distance, held a man sized Brick meta, and KOed him without the Creeper even lifting a finger to punch or claw him.

Can Beast pull off the same mobility moves?
There was a scan of him, Creeper, leaping what looked like 3-5 stories up, clinging on a building and effortlessly crawling right up it. This was before his Hell Upgrade too. I've never seen Beast do that, Spiderman maybe, but not Beast, unless I've missed something.

Golgo13
Considering Cap's retarded levels of psychological and physical pain tolerance/willpower, I'm not seeing it as the game changer you seem to be. And it's not like Cap can't defend himself even while being assailed in such a manner.

That's without factoring in the fact that Cap has used the shield to defend against Klaw's sound based offenses before to great effect, as much sense as that makes.

Do you have scans of him resisting the same attacks Creeper dishes out AND continuing the same fight in Creeper's level? I think Logan has some, but I haven't seen Cap do them.

JakeTheBank
He'd be fighting off the effects of the laugh and the shield can be deflected by the mane while he grabbed Cap with it. His mane easily grabbed, from a distance, held a man sized Brick meta, and KOed him without the Creeper even lifting a finger to punch or claw him.

How strong was this "brick meta"? Any notable feats?

And strength feats for Creeper and his mane?

JakeTheBank
Do you have scans of him resisting the same attacks Creeper dishes out AND continuing the same fight in Creeper's level? I think Logan has some, but I haven't seen Cap do them.

I have scans of Cap beating people better than Creeper if that helps.

Golgo13
Not the same. Thanks, though.

zopzop
How strong was this "brick meta"? Any notable feats?
It was the Brick character from Masters of Disaster villain group. Forgot his name. Not only did he have super strength and durability, he also had some seismic powers and Creeper almost instantly pwned him with his mane.

It effortlessly lifted, held and KOed a human sized meta Brick composed of granite. Creeper didn't have to even touch him with his claws or fists.

abhilegend
Cap loses.

abhilegend

It was the Brick character from Masters of Disaster villain group. Forgot his name. Not only did he have super strength and durability, he also had some seismic powers and Creeper almost instantly pwned him with his mane.

It effortlessly lifted, held and KOed a human sized meta Brick composed of granite. Creeper didn't have to even touch him with his claws or fists.
It was shakedown. He has gone toe to toe with geo force IIRC.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
It was shakedown. He has gone toe to toe with geo force IIRC.
Thank you! thumb up
/thread

Golgo13
GIANTS WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!!

Just had to get that out. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.