WHAT IF the Phoenix Five were the Avengers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

peejayd
* i don't if this has been done, but i was wondering what would've happened in AvX if the machine created by Tony Stark that split the Phoenix Force into five never went to the X-men but to the Avengers? what if the Phoenix Five was:

Captain America
Hawkeye
Red Hulk
Thing
Black Widow

* what do you think will happen? discuss... smile

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4016/004wzrk.jpg

Branlor Swift
Nothing. They weren't weak willed pussies.

They probably would have just relinquished it after Wonder Bendis Man attacked them for no reason. Red Hulk is a question mark.

Thing also isn't an Avenger.

JakeTheBank
Steve would have resisted the Phoenix Force and sonned it back into space.

StiltmanFTW
Ben's a New Avenger stick out tongue

Damborgson
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

He's a new avenger though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/73/New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg/250px-New_Avengers_Vol_2_1.jpg

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/uhuh.gif
--------------------------

I think they would've figured out a way to deal with it without killing their those close to them and going on flying butthurt rampages.

Branlor Swift
New Avengers doesn't count on account that I stopped reading it a long time ago.

Bentley
New Avengers doesn't count on account that I stopped reading it a long time ago.

Sounds like a legit reason to me.

-Pr-

They probably would have just relinquished it after Wonder Bendis Man attacked them for no reason. Red Hulk is a question mark.

None of the X-Men were either before this happened... sad

Newjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
None of the X-Men were either before this happened... sad I hate to tell you this but that was only wolverine shifty

j/k stick out tongue

peejayd

* can the PF be relinquished just like that? if the PF possessed a host, can the host cast it out himself?

* anyway, if the 5 Avengers became PF avatars, i doubt they can do a better job...

the ninjak
This would've ended badly. Though I'll put my 2 cents in.

Captain America: Would handle it the best. He was deemed worthy of holding Mjolnir. He has the will and he along with the Thing would do his best to rid himself of the PF.

Hawkeye: Would kill a bunch of douchbags throughout the world before turning Dark Phoenix.

Red Hulk: The worst. He wouldn't take the strain at all and would go on an unimaginative campaign of ridding the world of hostile threats in a brutal fashion.

Black Widow: Not much different than Clint. Rd Hawkeye's response.

Thing: Has incredible character and would attempt to seek out Reed and the Future Foundation for help very quickly along with Cap.

End Game: Red Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow succumb to the power rather quickly and end up fighting each other eventually.

Cap and Thing seek council with Reed and the Future Foundation. Though thing isn't too bright and could go atomic at any time.
I see Cap being the last man standing though by then Hope and Scarlet Witch can knock the force out of him early and set things straight.

The casualties in the end probably would've been worse in the end though due to Red Hulk.....worst than Namor.

-Pr-
Cyclops has plenty of will and it didn't do shit.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by the ninjak Thing: Has incredible character and would attempt to seek out Reed and the Future Foundation for help very quickly along with Cap.

Just like he did when he was possessed by Serpent? laughing out loud

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by peejayd
* can the PF be relinquished just like that? if the PF possessed a host, can the host cast it out himself?

* anyway, if the 5 Avengers became PF avatars, i doubt they can do a better job...

Wolverine did it. And that was the Full Phoenix, not just a portion of it. cool

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

peejayd
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine did it. And that was the Full Phoenix, not just a portion of it. cool

* that runt... did it??? mad

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by -Pr-
None of the X-Men were either before this happened... sad 3 of them were bad at one point in time. Colossus was possessed.

And Cyclops is the biggest douche in comics.

* anyway, if the 5 Avengers became PF avatars, i doubt they can do a better job... Yes.

Well, they would, with the exception of Rulk.

This is also a questionable lineup. If anything it would have went to like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cap, Thing, and possibly the Thor laying on the ground.

StiltmanFTW
* that runt... did it??? mad

Yes. In Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine mini.

He's so much better than Cyclops stick out tongue

steverules_2
Wolverine...you gotta love him

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
Wolverine...you gotta love him

...on fire.

abhilegend
Wolverine>cyclops.

Just kidding, Don't kill me pr!

peejayd
This is also a questionable lineup. If anything it would have went to like Spider-Man, Wolverine, Cap, Thing, and possibly the Thor laying on the ground.

* i just based it on the panel... the five Avengers who fought the X-men before they became PF avatars...

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Yes. In Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine mini.

He's so much better than Cyclops stick out tongue

* hah! no way... stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.