Berserker rage Orion vs Warrior madness Thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
1. H2H only to the death or until one is out cold.

2. Combatants uses all powers and weapons.

Who wins and why?

Galan007
Orion in both, imo.

"Id"
Someone should make a detailed respect thread for Orion.

lawest9
Originally posted by "Id"
Someone should make a detailed respect thread for Orion. Have a question for whomever might know, I once read Carver9 state that Orion has some terrible lifting feats, just what are some of his best strength lifting feats?

zopzop
Originally posted by lawest9
Have a question for whomever might know, I once read Carver9 state that Orion has some terrible lifting feats, just what are some of his best strength lifting feats?
Honestly, in respect to this thread, what does it matter? This is a fight, not a weightlifting contest.

It's like saying a UFC Heavyweight champ would lose in a brawl vs a powerlifter because the powerlifter can lift more weight.

As to the thread :
1) Orion
2) Thor (Mjolnir is just too versatile).

Golgo13
Originally posted by zopzop
Honestly, in respect to this thread, what does it matter? This is a fight, not a weightlifting contest.

It's like saying a UFC Heavyweight champ would lose in a brawl vs a powerlifter because the powerlifter can lift more weight.

As to the thread :
1) Orion
2) Thor (Mjolnir is just too versatile).

The mother box is pretty versatile on top of the astro force. It will cancell out most of thors attacks.

lawest9
Originally posted by zopzop

As to the thread :
1) Orion
2) Thor (Mjolnir is just too versatile). It doesn't matter but I'll still like to know.

the Darkone
Thor

Galan007
It doesn't matter but I'll still like to know. If I know carver like I think I do, he was probably talking about this:
http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13787350_fs1.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13787352_fs2.jpg http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/13787355_fs3.jpg

However, I could swiftly counter that poor showing with several uber showings... Such as this:

Aside from slaying Darkseid, also note that Orion effortlessly swatted away the cumulative JLA with an energy tornado in the 3rd-4th scans.

lawest9
Thanks for the scans Galan, very impressive defeat of Darkseid, as for the first scans I thought he may have simply been too stun to lift the lead changed structure.

Galan007
as for the first scans I thought he may have simply been too stun to lift the lead changed structure. Most likely the case. That scene is the 'poor lift showing' that I've seen carver use in the past, though.

Golgo13
Orion is bad ass and that was a crazy feat. Orion ftw.

cdtm
The problem with Orion's defeat of Darkseid, is he was basically the new acting avatar of the source at that point, replacing Infinity Man. No telling if his power level was base, or if he was being amped.

But Orion has other uber showings, like taking down dark Lightray and tanking most of his attacks, and an attack from Lightray once brought Highfather to his knees (Highfather being Skyfather level, with very impressive feats under his belt.)

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
Most likely the case. That scene is the 'poor lift showing' that I've seen carver use in the past, though.

Def a low showing. In Simonson's run, he got out of a similar jam, but easily.

Galan007
Originally posted by cdtm
The problem with Orion's defeat of Darkseid, is he was basically the new acting avatar of the source at that point, replacing Infinity Man. No telling if his power level was base, or if he was being amped.

But Orion has other uber showings, like taking down dark Lightray and tanking most of his attacks, and an attack from Lightray once brought Highfather to his knees (Highfather being Skyfather level, with very impressive feats under his belt.) DotNG and Countdown have conflicting plot-points.

During DotNG, Orion's Source-amp was very clearly shown, AND very clearly stated. During Countdown, no such amp was depicted, NOR was it commented on. Because of that, I personally do not believe Orion was amped during Countdown-- I think he was simply at the most enraged levels we've seen him reach, and therefore, was uber as hell.

lawest9
DotNG and Countdown have conflicting plot-points.

During DotNG, Orion's Source-amp was very clearly shown, AND very clearly stated. During Countdown, no such amp was depicted, NOR was it commented on. Because of that, I personally do not believe Orion was amped during Countdown-- I think he was simply at the most enraged levels we've seen him reach, and therefore, was uber as hell. Yep...........at that point what level would you speculate him to be at that point when he killed Darkseid?

Galan007
Trans-level, most likely.

lawest9
BTW........i give Thor 6/10

lawest9
Goodnight all.

quanchi112

During DotNG, Orion's Source-amp was very clearly shown, AND very clearly stated. During Countdown, no such amp was depicted, NOR was it commented on. Because of that, I personally do not believe Orion was amped during Countdown-- I think he was simply at the most enraged levels we've seen him reach, and therefore, was uber as hell. Finally you've come around and grown into the man Quan always knew you had the potential to be. With that being said Thor stomps.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
Finally you've come around and grown into the man Quan always knew you had the potential to be. shitfan

TheGodKiller
^I thought you had him on ignore ?

Galan007
I took him off ignore several months ago. I realized that he's nowhere near as bad as some of the other posters on here.

TheGodKiller
Referring to Philo?

carver9
@Galan...

That's not the only one. Firestorm encased him in titanium and he was unable to break free. I think this happened twice.

Galan007
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Referring to Philo? Not naming anyone in particular, but there are a few.

Originally posted by carver9
@Galan...

That's not the only one. Firestorm encased him in titanium and he was unable to break free. I think this happened twice. The titanium scan was included in my post. Hell, Firestorm tooled Orion 3 different times in that comic--then an amped Kalibak showed up and tooled Orion--then Firestorm tooled Kalibak--then Darkseid tooled Orion and Firestorm.

...Those were the good 'ol days.

carver9
Aaahhh, I thought you posted the scan where he struggled to lift that huge block that fire storm transmuted into into metal. Didn't pull up the scans.

cdtm

During DotNG, Orion's Source-amp was very clearly shown, AND very clearly stated. During Countdown, no such amp was depicted, NOR was it commented on. Because of that, I personally do not believe Orion was amped during Countdown-- I think he was simply at the most enraged levels we've seen him reach, and therefore, was uber as hell.

I can go with that.

Ripping out Darkseids heart is an underrated feat. Beating down an uberdurable guy is one thing, but actually ripping his heart out of his chest is >>>>>>>> beatdown.

Galan007
Aaahhh, I thought you posted the scan where he struggled to lift that huge block that fire storm transmuted into into metal. Didn't pull up the scans. That was posted as well.

Originally posted by cdtm
I can go with that.

Ripping out Darkseids heart is an underrated feat. Beating down an uberdurable guy is one thing, but actually ripping his heart out of his chest is >>>>>>>> beatdown. Wurd.

And tooling Superman/Kyle/Flash/Donna like they were fodder, is an uber feat in its own right.

carver9
That was posted as well.

Wurd.

And tooling Superman/Kyle/Flash/Donna like they were fodder, is an uber feat in its own right.

You gotta admit...Orion lifting fts are terrible. His main fts circle around battles. You forgot another one...Doomsday dropping him with tanks to the head and he was unable to lift the tank off of himself (which lead to Wonder Woman lifting the tank off him).

Galan007
You gotta admit...Orion lifting fts are terrible. His main fts circle around battles. You forgot another one...Doomsday dropping him with tanks to the head and he was unable to lift the tank off of himself (which lead to Wonder Woman lifting the tank off him). Meh, every character has low showings, so I prefer not to single them out. Throughout his history, Orion has been consistently portrayed as a physical equal to Superman (and he's got a few feats above even that level.) ie. His higher-end showings VASTLY outweigh his lower-end showings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.