Bruce Banner vs. Reed Richards: Willpower Edition

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
Bruce Banner vs. Reed Richards

Who has the greater willpower?

Digi
Reed. Banner is weak, always giving in to anger and whatnot.

I'd consider both pretty low though.

JakeTheBank
I actually think that Banner's willpower is pretty impressive.

zopzop
God, I mean Reed, wins. Back when he was creating the universe with the Alien Entity, he almost lost it contemplating creation in it's entirety but held it together through sheer force of will long enough for reality to be setup.

Banner is hopelessly outclassed.

Digi
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I actually think that Banner's willpower is pretty impressive.

I dunno. He struggled so much for years. I'm serious, I don't think I've been angry enough to turn into Hulk in the past 5 years, and I'm not even actively trying to stay composed. There's some kind of willpower imbalance when you have a character that literally can't keep it together when he has years of practice and lives are at stake any time he snaps. Whatever willpower feats he has - do they exist outside of "willing" himself stronger? - are negated by that imo.

JakeTheBank
True enough, he's struggled and fought a losing battle for self control over his alter-ego, but especially recently, it's been Banner's willpower that's been shown to be the only thing that has kept Hulk holding back and not destroying the planet or slaying innocents. To that end, I honestly think Banner's willpower has to be extraordinary high to keep Hulk in check, even when he's extremely pissed off.

Could Reed handle containing that kind of power and inner turmoil for years on end to the same degree of relative success that Bruce has? I don't know if he could.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
True enough, he's struggled and fought a losing battle for self control over his alter-ego, but especially recently, it's been Banner's willpower that's been shown to be the only thing that has kept Hulk holding back and not destroying the planet or slaying innocents. To that end, I honestly think Banner's willpower has to be extraordinary high to keep Hulk in check, even when he's extremely pissed off.

Could Reed handle containing that kind of power and inner turmoil for years on end to the same degree of relative success that Bruce has? I don't know if he could.
Dude, his mind was being overwhelmed with all the aspects that comprise creation, if he didn't hold it together, reality would have fallen apart and collapsed into Chaos. This dwarfs any willpower feat Banner has under his belt :
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/2070/god4c.th.jpg
/thread

Bouboumaster
Reed is the only thing the GLC would ever need.
It'd be the ultimate weapon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.