Method for losing weight!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Malton
Different method for losing weight. Different people like different way for losing weight.We should be take care
of the body fitness and health.Extra weight create many problem for us.I like these tips for weight loss.
1 Drinking water
2 Exercising
3 Gym work
4 Drinking energy drinks

ThorinWoofer
Energy drinks don't help you lose weight.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Malton
Different method for losing weight. Different people like different way for losing weight.We should be take care
of the body fitness and health.Extra weight create many problem for us.I like these tips for weight loss.
1 Drinking water
2 Exercising
3 Gym work
4 Drinking energy drinks

Here's the best way to lose weight.

Calories in < Calories out.

Burn more calories then you eat in a day and you will lose weight. Simple as that. I personally eat 1800 calories a day and I've lost 25 lbs in under 2 months.

rudester
stick your finger in your mouth trick always works....

benoit12
There are many methods to lose weight and get back into shape. Even walking the stairs of a building is considered as very helpful in losing some weight. Cutting away foods rich in fats as well as carbohydrates can really do wonders. Also try to stay away from junk foods that are very unhealthy.

immaturerainbow
Originally posted by rudester
stick your finger in your mouth trick always works....

Coming from a recovered anorexic, I find that a bit offensive. sad

Anyways, I agree with Lance. The best method is to consume enough calories that you know you will be able to burn off. Watch your carbs too! Carbs are MUCH harder to burn off than calories. Eggs, Meat and Cheese are low carb and high in protein which gives you the energy to go burn it all off.

Good luck with your weightloss! smile

Nibedicus
Used to weigh 280 lbs @ close to about 40% body fat (I'm 5'11"wink myself. Managed to trim that down to under 170 @ about 10% body fat within a few years (of seesaw dieting at one time, I'll admit). That was about 10 years ago, tho, so but I'm still maintaining my weight at under 190lbs @ 15% body fat these days.

The best advice I can offer you are (that people haven't mentioned yet):

1) Keep your goals manageable. Morale is your biggest ally/enemy in dieting/weight loss. Success keeps your morale up and setting goals too far beyond your current ability to attain is the best way to ruin your entire weight loss program. I use the "5 lbs" rule. Where I try to use 5 lbs within a 2-3 week period (during the initial few months) and then lower that to 4 lbs a month (about a lbs a week) after you're beginning to hit the dreading weight loss "plateau". Most importantly, do what you KNOW is possible for your body just so you won't procrastinate due to lack of motivation (daunting goals are hard to get the will to tackle) With that said:
2) Keep a scale. Have a set time each day to weight yourself to keep your weight at least consistent to the time you take it. I chose doing it as soon as I wake up each morning (around 8am). Don't get the normal scale, get the digital scale that at least tries and monitors BMI. That is because:
3) Losing weight =/= getting more fit. You need muscle to burn more fat. Muscle also makes you more active, less prone to injury when exerting and overall allows you to be more efficient in your weight loss. Do at least 3-4 days of weights/resistance training each week. Doing cardio for 4 hours a day is not your best bet at weight loss. Doing around 30 mins of cardio a day (6x a week) with about an hour of resistance training (4x a week) is what I do now (I can do more, but I'm taking it easy now due to hitting my target weight a long time ago). at my heaviest, I started at 10-15 mins of cardio and about 20-30 mins of resistance (both 3x a week) due to my poor stamina.
4) If the gym bores you, take up a sport. A sport that you love. I did basketball (til I injured both ankles)/badminton/boxing/ultimate frisbee/beach volley/karate/tae kwan do (w/c I have to say was lame)/Arnis at interval periods of my weight loss life. Those were some of the more fun parts of my effort to lose/maintain my weight and also the most effective. IF you're of advanced age/have bone deterioration or injury, take a low-impact sport like swimming.
5) Stick with something that works for YOU. Don't let other ppl dictate to you what worked for them. At the end of the day, YOU have to stick to your exercise regimen. However, if you hit a plateau, don't be afraid to mix things up.
6) Don't forget to consult a physician about your heart health before undergoing any strenuous diet/exercise regimen.

That's all I can think of right now. Good luck, man!!

StyleTime
Originally posted by Malton
1 Drinking water
2 Exercising
3 Gym work
4 Drinking energy drinks
It's been said by others here already, but you have to burn more calories than you consume to lose weight.

Read the labels on the back of foods. Restaurants usually have their nutritional information online, so check there when you eat out. Use some online calculators to find your daily caloric intake. Eat about 500 calories less than that number daily. Adjust calories accordingly as you weigh yourself each week.

Exercise is always awesome too. Thorin is right btw. Energy drinks don't help you lose weight.

There is also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liposuction

immaturerainbow
Originally posted by ThorinWoofer
Energy drinks don't help you lose weight.

I drink them on occasion, but I wouldn't go overboard with them. I drink Monster Absolute Zero, or The Silver Canned Red Bull with 0 calories and 1gram of carbs.

ThorinWoofer
That don't matter when the caffeine content, and the sugar content is high as hell.

immaturerainbow
Like I said before, I limit my amount with it.

guy222
once weighed 300 lbs

down to under 250 lbs

drinked lots of water, ate only fish and played basketball three hours a day

immaturerainbow
I was at 160lbs, in two months I was 128.
I got down to a solid 98lbs, gained weight to look healthier so I was 110, gained more weight and got to 130 (Healthy weight for me) then I got pregnant, and got to 145.
Now I'm 132 and losing. smile

Yay for weight fluctuation.

LucasDias
Walk an Hour daily
Control Diet
Take Fresh vegetable

CowardlyBlakMan
Originally posted by LucasDias
Walk an Hour daily
Control Diet
Take Fresh vegetable

Take a gun
Put it to your head
Pull trigger

xtinataguba
discipline in yourself, and everything will follows

Yurika
Control diet on dinner and don't eat after 10.pm
More exercise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.