97:4 Desire of your heart!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
Pardon me it was 37:4

I struggle with this verse alot and others that would relate to it. When I am around other believers, I hear that you only get what God has for you but when I hear others say it, it normally ends in dissappointment, failure, anger, etc.. all of the negative emotions that would come from expecting God to move on your behalf. What is the point of having that verse if you really can't have what you ask for. Alot of times believers would ask for healing and marriage. I want to be healed, and I would like to believe that is God's will for my life also and I want to be married to the woman that I've always wanted but it usually goes the wrong way. Family question my desires and try to make me feel as miserable as them. Listening to them alot, I feel miserable about who I would end up with. Friends, bestfriends have messed with my head on that. I fight it but it keeps coming back. There are alot of us in that position and I was wondering how do you deal with it. What is it that keeps you committed instead of giving up on your hopes and dreams?

Digi
Originally posted by atv2
What is the point of having that verse if you really can't have what you ask for.

I agree.

Just curious, how old are you? You're thinking about marriage seriously, lamenting your luck, but still worried over drama with friends and family. You "fight it" but it recurs, suggesting that you're in regular contact with your family...either living at home or relatively close to them. Your friends feel comfortable telling you things about life, love, and God, so these are probably friends you've had for a while, another "close to home" indicator.

The desire to marry so strongly clashes a bit with the rest of that. My guesses would either be in your 30's in some potentially emotionally unstable relationships, or early 20's and thinking about settling down earlier than most. Your thread history trends toward DBZ and video games, so I'm guessing the latter. I'll say 22. How'd I do?

Sorry to veer off topic btw. I mean no disrespect, and I wish you luck. These are common fears, and I hope you reconcile them. But this is where my mind went and I was having fun with it.

atv2
Originally posted by Digi
I agree.

Just curious, how old are you? You're thinking about marriage seriously, lamenting your luck, but still worried over drama with friends and family. You "fight it" but it recurs, suggesting that you're in regular contact with your family...either living at home or relatively close to them. Your friends feel comfortable telling you things about life, love, and God, so these are probably friends you've had for a while, another "close to home" indicator.

The desire to marry so strongly clashes a bit with the rest of that. My guesses would either be in your 30's in some potentially emotionally unstable relationships, or early 20's and thinking about settling down earlier than most. Your thread history trends toward DBZ and video games, so I'm guessing the latter. I'll say 22. How'd I do?

Sorry to veer off topic btw. I mean no disrespect, and I wish you luck. These are common fears, and I hope you reconcile them. But this is where my mind went and I was having fun with it.

Late 20's but close, but then again people believe that I'm in my late teens.

Mindship
Pardon me it was 37:4

I struggle with this verse alot and others that would relate to it. When I am around other believers, I hear that you only get what God has for you but when I hear others say it, it normally ends in dissappointment, failure, anger, etc.. all of the negative emotions that would come from expecting God to move on your behalf. What is the point of having that verse if you really can't have what you ask for. Alot of times believers would ask for healing and marriage. I want to be healed, and I would like to believe that is God's will for my life also and I want to be married to the woman that I've always wanted but it usually goes the wrong way. Family question my desires and try to make me feel as miserable as them. Listening to them alot, I feel miserable about who I would end up with. Friends, bestfriends have messed with my head on that. I fight it but it keeps coming back. There are alot of us in that position and I was wondering how do you deal with it. What is it that keeps you committed instead of giving up on your hopes and dreams? Perhaps there are changes you need to make in how you approach life's challenges, and reconsidering your concept of 'God' may be one of them.

Digi
Late 20's but close, but then again people believe that I'm in my late teens.

Fair enough.

So, why the worry? You're in your 20's. So long as you haven't been beaten with an ugly stick, are some level of Christian (a huge statistical bonus, romantically speaking), and are actually looking for a partner that you love instead of pining in a corner silently, your odds are very good of both finding someone and having the potential for a lot of fun in the process.

I'd go into the merits of singlehood and sexual freedom, but that doesn't seem to be your bag. So, ya know, here's hoping you settle down before your ovaries drop that last egg. Or something.

Just don't worry too much. Enjoy yourself. God, as you apparently seem to believe, has a plan.

atv2
Fair enough.

So, why the worry? You're in your 20's. So long as you haven't been beaten with an ugly stick, are some level of Christian (a huge statistical bonus, romantically speaking), and are actually looking for a partner that you love instead of pining in a corner silently, your odds are very good of both finding someone and having the potential for a lot of fun in the process.

I'd go into the merits of singlehood and sexual freedom, but that doesn't seem to be your bag. So, ya know, here's hoping you settle down before your ovaries drop that last egg. Or something.

Just don't worry too much. Enjoy yourself. God, as you apparently seem to believe, has a plan.

Hey Thanks for the advice!

atv2
Originally posted by Mindship
Perhaps there are changes you need to make in how you approach life's challenges, and reconsidering your concept of 'God' may be one of them.

I am. I appreciate it. Everything of that word is true. God just opened my mind to a new perspective.

atv2
HEY EVERYONE I THOUGHT ABOUT SOMETHING ON THAT VERSE! IT DOES WORK. I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT WHEN WE FOLLOW GOD WE DO HAVE THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART! WHEN WE GET WHAT WE WANT PREMATURELY WE DONT HAVE THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART BECAUSE IT NEVER COMPLETES US! WHEN WE LINE UP WITH GOD'S WORD, HE GIVES MORE THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGINE AND TO COMPLETION! HE IS OUR SHEPERD AND WE SHALL NOT WANT!

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT BUT HE DOES WORK!!!!

Oliver North
oh this thread

atv2
Originally posted by Oliver North
oh this thread

Yeah I posted it but I don't lead you or anyone astray. I had my doubts about it in the beginning but I grew to a new level of maturity and realized what David said in that verse works! God can bless us and it will be a great thing, and we will know that it is him!

Oliver North
man, its like a study in cognitive dissonance

Digi
Thank goodness I'm not religious. This line of thought - or at least the sudden emotional spikes - are familiar to me, though it was from when I was about a decade younger than the OP. I'd like to think I would've grown out of such mercurial reactions and fears, and that these sorts of reactions were just my age. But who knows. Part of me can't shake the idea that religious adherence sometimes lends itself to such instability.

HEY EVERYONE I THOUGHT ABOUT SOMETHING ON THAT VERSE! IT DOES WORK. I'VE COME TO REALIZE THAT WHEN WE FOLLOW GOD WE DO HAVE THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART! WHEN WE GET WHAT WE WANT PREMATURELY WE DONT HAVE THE DESIRES OF OUR HEART BECAUSE IT NEVER COMPLETES US! WHEN WE LINE UP WITH GOD'S WORD, HE GIVES MORE THAN WE CAN EVER IMAGINE AND TO COMPLETION! HE IS OUR SHEPERD AND WE SHALL NOT WANT!

I APOLOGIZE FOR THAT BUT HE DOES WORK!!!!

So you had this revelation in the last couple days, all suddenly and whatnot? And you're sure that it's not just an emotional spike, but actually a long-term philosophical solution to these problems. I mean, it's in all caps, so clearly it is, but I just want to confirm.

Originally posted by Oliver North
oh this thread

lol, yeah. The urge to smh is strong. I felt bad for playing amateur Sherlock in my first post, so I threw him a bone and tried to offer some uncontroversial advice. As such, I'm taking full credit for his revelation here. Praise Jesus!

dadudemon
1. Digi, you are just plain class-act.

2. I think Mindship was right in that ATV would be better suited rethinking the concept of "God."

Grand-Moff-Gav
Thank goodness I'm not religious. This line of thought - or at least the sudden emotional spikes - are familiar to me, though it was from when I was about a decade younger than the OP. I'd like to think I would've grown out of such mercurial reactions and fears, and that these sorts of reactions were just my age. But who knows. Part of me can't shake the idea that religious adherence sometimes lends itself to such instability.

My first impression was that this was a typical "Oh dear I have a problem... but wait a second! I found the solution which I can promptly share with you all, isn't God wonderful!?" sort of scam...

Digi
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
My first impression was that this was a typical "Oh dear I have a problem... but wait a second! I found the solution which I can promptly share with you all, isn't God wonderful!?" sort of scam...

Possibly. He's not a spammer though, he's been on KMC discussing DBZ and such since '05. But yeah, it gives off that vibe.

Originally posted by dadudemon

I did give him some sincere advice. You wouldn't begrudge me some fun in process, would you? Not all situations warrant absolute seriousness, and sarcasm isn't always the window to the soul. When pressed, I show proper respect to alternative belief systems. Just not always the individual believers, who are either willfully uninformed or whose messages carry an agenda.

I'm not sure when you turned on me. We used to talk and find where we agreed. Now I get claims of bias and character defamation from you.

Grand-Moff-Gav
I'm not sure when you turned on me. We used to talk and find where we agreed. Now I get claims of bias and character defamation from you.

Hug and make up Dadude!

Really, we should all be friends after the many years spent around here. Though, I'm not really the most regular/involved...

Digi
Lol, this is the religion forum Gav. I come here to slay enemies, not make friends.

I have a video that I've been wanting to post; I think it raises some valid points about Mormonism from a guy I respect. But it does attack Mormonism, and I was like "it's not worth it to make dudemon dislike me even more," because it would essentially be me talking with him.

I'm friends with a few KMCers. I hate the rest of you.

uhuh

Grand-Moff-Gav
I'm friends with a few KMCers. I hate the rest of you.

That's perfectly OK, I understand what envy does to people. smile

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MrViviIGN/picard_finger.jpg

Digi
Damnit, I just got flipped off by Picard. You win this round.

shakefist

atv2

So you had this revelation in the last couple days, all suddenly and whatnot? And you're sure that it's not just an emotional spike, but actually a long-term philosophical solution to these problems. I mean, it's in all caps, so clearly it is, but I just want to confirm.

lol, yeah. The urge to smh is strong. I felt bad for playing amateur Sherlock in my first post, so I threw him a bone and tried to offer some uncontroversial advice. As such, I'm taking full credit for his revelation here. Praise Jesus!

It's good that you acknowledged it as a Revelation. Yes this will help me and others who see my quote. Alot of the things that we struggle with throughout life gives us challenges in every aspect, physical, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. He's there to comfort us in all of it just as he did for his disciples when they faced the storm on the boat and Christ gave peace to it in an instant. Christ is capable of instant solutions to problems. Just as he calmed the storm in that instant, he can give me Revelation in the same manner. Time is not a thing for him.

atv2
Also Digi it's not about religion but having a relationship with Christ, our decision to follow him is out of love.

Thanks again for the help.

atv2
Originally posted by dadudemon

2. I think Mindship was right in that ATV would be better suited rethinking the concept of "God."

Just because we follow Chirst/God doesn't exempt us from adversity. We can go to him in our struggles and our victories and he will be there for us. We have to remain faithful to him no matter the circumstance. He doesn't give up on us.

atv2
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav

God is indeed wonderful but it's no scam!

atv2
As for the revelation being put in Big Caps, I wanted make it readible to viewer. It had nothing to do with emotion.

Digi
God is indeed wonderful but it's no scam!

I think you may be using "scam" in a different sense. The quick reversal of your emotional state made the whole thing smack of insincerity. A superficial change at best, akin to a child who is bawling because she can't get candy in the supermarket checkout lane, then singing a song on the car ride home. And at worst, a thinly veiled attempt at endorsing your particular beliefs.

Oliver North
it's not about religion but having a relationship with Christ

/lol

red g jacks
As for the revelation being put in Big Caps, I wanted make it readible to viewer. It had nothing to do with emotion. good thinking, but next time you should change the font size too. just in case the viewer happens to be reading from afar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.