Best Character Development

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
What are some of the best character developments and the worst negation of that development to re-establish status-quo in comics IYO? I vote Baron Zemo. He went through a fantastic character development from a villain of the week to a complex, multi-layered anti-hero who wanted to save the world by his own methods. Then Brubaker negated all that and sweeped that under the rug. What are some other examples like this?

peejayd
* best i can think of is Emma Frost... smile

Digi
Nova

Loki

Invincible

And an obligatory shout-out to the Countdown to Infinite Crisis story where Ted Kord died. That single arc managed to make a bit character who was probably scheduled for death anyway into a loved and relevant character.

srankmissingnin
Geoff Johns' Booster Gold run.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Digi
Nova

Loki

Invincible

And an obligatory shout-out to the Countdown to Infinite Crisis story where Ted Kord died. That single arc managed to make a bit character who was probably scheduled for death anyway into a loved and relevant character.
Agreed to all. Ted shouting "go to hell" to max was incredible.Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Geoff Johns' Booster Gold run.
Yeah, I loved Booster Gold.

Galan007
Blue Beetle (the 2006-2009 series.) To this day it is still one of my favorite solo series' ever-- and as far as character development is concerned, it really can't get much better than what that 36 issue series did for Jaime/BB, imo.

My next choice would mirror srank's, with Booster Gold.

JakeTheBank
Winter Soldier.

Damborgson
Thor.

-Noble kid prince

-arrogant defiant but noble at heart teen prince

-learns humility through living as a moral

-hero for a long time

-king

-goes to far as king

-creates alternate timeline to undo what he did to the Earth

-noble king

-surpasses his father/dies

-returns with the experience he gained throughout the ages

-cue Fraction:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmvlxW43b1qbpujio1_500.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by Damborgson
Thor.

-Noble kid prince

-arrogant defiant but noble at heart teen prince

-learns humility through living as a moral

-hero for a long time

-king

-goes to far as king

-creates alternate timeline to undo what he did to the Earth

-noble king

-surpasses his father/dies

-returns with the experience he gained throughout the ages

-cue Fraction:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcmvlxW43b1qbpujio1_500.jpg

epic lol

-Pr-
That's your Thor on Fraction, huh...

JayDaDon
Nova

Loki

Invincible

Curious, why Invincible?

Kazenji
It had to do with some random goth kid choosing a savior, That's why Thor was like that.

Digi
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Curious, why Invincible?

I think he's a cool character that's developed in a fun and believable manner. I haven't always followed it, and I'm not currently (is it still going?) so it may not always be true. But I'm a fan.

-Pr-
Emma Frost stands out for me. Never liked her before Morrison came along.

Wally West under Waid/Johns.
Superman under Loeb/Azarello/Verheiden.

Booster Gold, obviously.

Aquaman when Peter David came on the book.

Newjak
Ares during his mini was really fleshed out and given way more depth, then it went all down hill after that.

-Pr-
Red Tornado in Young Justice is one of my favourites.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by peejayd
Emma Frost
Originally posted by -Pr-
Emma Frost

JayDaDon
I think he's a cool character that's developed in a fun and believable manner. I haven't always followed it, and I'm not currently (is it still going?) so it may not always be true. But I'm a fan.

His character is developing pretty well. He's becoming a lot more hard edged and confident. There would be times where his viltrumite rage would flare up unexpectedly. He's developing. The only thing that annoys me is how long I have to wait between issues. Its damn near at a standstill. It's clear most of the focus has shifted to walking dead, which isn't a bad thing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.