NJO Luke Skywalker vs Neo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
New Jedi Order Luke, from the expanded Star Wars Universe, against Neo from all three Matrix films.

Luke has his lightsaber and all of his Jedi master abilities.

Neo has all of his matrix powers. For the sake of PIS, Neo will have a katana that can block a light saber. It doesn't seen fair for Luke to have a weapon and not Neo.

The setting is at the town Square in Midgar from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children.

Both have full knowledge of each other, and start 100 yards apart at opposite ends.

To the death. Anything goes.

Impediment
I can't decide what weapon to give Neo. Does he need a firearm of some kind of melee weapon or does he not need one?

Nephthys
He stopped using guns after the first one didn't he? Probably because he's faster and can do more damage with his hands. I'm not sure about the weapon to give him though. And unbreakable sword or something though maybe. He isn't blocking a lightsaber with his hand, thats for sure.

Good fight by the way.

Impediment
I edited the OP to give Neo a weapon. Call it a PIS weapon.

BruceSkywalker
NJO Luke tells Neo "you were never ever the one" before before Luke decaps him.. big grin

Blaarphengaar
Neo pwns. He can fly and knows Kung fu. Luke is as good as dead.

KingD19
Yeah no.

Luke has used his Force TK to rebuild and demolish Vader's entire castle.

He's also fought so fast that he and his opponent were nothing more than flashes of light, and that was only because they had lightsabers.

That's on top of having a plethora of Force powers, like Emerald Judgement(Light Side version of Force Lightning)

Grandmaster Luke wins hands down.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah no.

Luke has used his Force TK to rebuild and demolish Vader's entire castle.

He's also fought so fast that he and his opponent were nothing more than flashes of light, and that was only because they had lightsabers.

That's on top of having a plethora of Force powers, like Emerald Judgement(Light Side version of Force Lightning)

Grandmaster Luke wins hands down.

damn straight

KingD19
One of the funniest uses of his powers, was during the Legacy of the Force arc. He anchored Jacen's command chair to the deck, and even when he'd left the ship and was nearly on the other side of the galaxy, Jacen couldn't move it.

Impediment
Would Neo be able to hold his own against Harry Potter or Voldemort?

Nephthys
He'd definitely kick Potters ass.

Probably Voldemorts as well tbh. Death Spells shouldn't be harder to dodge than bullets.

NemeBro
Neo would tear through Voldemort and Harry before they could fully process the thought to use one of their spells, lol.

BruceSkywalker
this 44 year old thanks Potter and Voldy get their asses kicked straight back to England big grin

Lord Lucien
Naahhh. They would just magic up a win. Somehow.

Nephthys
MAGICAL SPELLS!

NemeBro
Spell deez nutz

Nephthys
:grabs crotch?:

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Impediment
Would Neo be able to hold his own against Harry Potter or Voldemort? Depends. People say "Would this person win" and don not elaborate on where they are, how far they are from one another, stuff like that. If Voldemort is right in Neo's face, Voldemort gets Kung Fu raped. If Voldemort is 15 feet away, he apparates away and summons fiendfyre.

This is the same problem with the Luke/Harry thread. How far apart are they when the fight starts?

XanatosForever

This is stupid.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
If Voldemort is 15 feet away Neo still puts his fist through him.

Neo could clear that distance before "I should apparate" is even conceived as an option in Voldemort's brain.

KingD19
Originally posted by XanatosForever
This is stupid.

Call it what you want. This is the most powerful Jedi in existence.

AmbientFire
Outside the Matrix itself, isn't Neo pretty ordinary? And inside the Matrix he is completely unstoppable. So, is the battleground in the Matrix or not? There's your answer to who wins.

Inside the Matrix, there's absolutely nothing Luke can do. Outside, there's nothing he can't do.

NemeBro
Neo is not omnipotent within the Matrix, he has limitations and vulnerabilities.

InMyOpinion
...first off, I am a huge fan of Neo, but I gotta give it to Luke. The force is strong with that one.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by NemeBro
Neo still puts his fist through him.

Neo could clear that distance before "I should apparate" is even conceived as an option in Voldemort's brain. Lol, no.

Pwned
Call it what you want. This is the most powerful Jedi in existence. Actually, it is the most powerful mortal force user to ever live. Evar.

This obviously discounts the Ones and Abeloth (Plot devices. Why? Because f*ck you that's why(kidding))

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by Pwned
Actually, it is the most powerful mortal force user to ever live. Mhm.

NemeBro
It takes roughly 550 milliseconds for the human brain to completely process a thought.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

Though, to be fair, apparating being something he is intimately familiar with, conceiving of doing so should be done faster.

Neo, on the other hand, has been clocked at mach 3+ in flight while in Reloaded. This allows him to move 513 meters in half a second.

So yeah, 15 feet? Lol.

Casper Whitey
It takes roughly 550 milliseconds for the human brain to completely process a thought.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

Though, to be fair, apparating being something he is intimately familiar with, conceiving of doing so should be done faster.

Neo, on the other hand, has been clocked at mach 3+ in flight while in Reloaded. This allows him to move 513 meters in half a second.

So yeah, 15 feet? Lol.

Cool story. Two things:

1. Voldemort will already be thinking about his destination.

2. Neo has to build up to that speed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Casper Whitey
Cool story. Two things:

1. Voldemort will already be thinking about his destination.

So he has prep-thoughts? Oh wait, the OP didn't specify that he did, therefore, you're talking out of your ass.

He has to:

A. Think to apparate.

B. Think of where to apparate to.

MjIPfnp1wB0

Nope.

Anyway, going to work, be back later.

AmbientFire
Neo is not omnipotent within the Matrix, he has limitations and vulnerabilities.

I agree that he's not omnipotent, but there is no reason to think the Force is at all useful within the Matrix, because IF it is useful in there, Neo is a stronger Force-user WITHIN the matrix since he explicitly is The One.

That is to say, if the Force for some oddball reason exists in the Matrix programming, Neo is a stronger force-user with the given Matrix rules. If the Matrix doesn't allow Force users - and the movies never state that there are force users or Jedi in the Matrix - then Luke is just an ordinary guy.

Luke wins outside the Matrix, Neo wins within.

ares834
That some bull shit reasoning right there.

AmbientFire
Originally posted by ares834
That some bull shit reasoning right there.

Re-watch the Matrix.

KingD19
Originally posted by AmbientFire
Re-watch the Matrix.

That reasoning has no basis in this fight though.

As the fight takes place in an entirely separate universe from both franchises, and for the sake of the OP, Neo has all his powers, and Luke has all his.

Impediment
The fight is not in the Matrix.

If people want to discuss Harry Potter/Voldemort, then please make a separate thread.

Casper Whitey
So he has prep-thoughts? Oh wait, the OP didn't specify that he did, therefore, you're talking out of your ass.

He has to:

A. Think to apparate.

B. Think of where to apparate to.

Lol, no. Voldemort cannot ACT until the fight starts, but he can THINK.

Think, apparate. Get it?

Fail. Neo is already flying, building up to his max speed as he saves Trinity.

Neo cannot just take off and instantly go to Mach 3. Try again.

Nephthys
Originally posted by AmbientFire
I agree that he's not omnipotent, but there is no reason to think the Force is at all useful within the Matrix, because IF it is useful in there, Neo is a stronger Force-user WITHIN the matrix since he explicitly is The One.

That is to say, if the Force for some oddball reason exists in the Matrix programming, Neo is a stronger force-user with the given Matrix rules. If the Matrix doesn't allow Force users - and the movies never state that there are force users or Jedi in the Matrix - then Luke is just an ordinary guy.

Luke wins outside the Matrix, Neo wins within.

Actually, Neo needs to download skills in order to be proficient with them. I don't believe that stopped being a thing after he became the One.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
MAGICAL SPELLS!

laughing laughing laughing

Classic RJ. Good times.

Nephthys
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/wizardjedi9.jpg

Oh sweet memories.

AmbientFire
Originally posted by Impediment
The fight is not in the Matrix.

If people want to discuss Harry Potter/Voldemort, then please make a separate thread.

In that case, ie they meet on a common battleground where they are both powered, I still have a hard time seeing Neo win this one. I mean, am I not remembering the Matrix properly, or weren't all of Neo's combat skills physical? That is to say, he can punch hard - but he has to punch. He can dodge fast, but he has to physically dodge. He can fly, but he still has to physically move through space, etc. I could be misremembering, but that seemed to be the focus of his powers. Like a Dragonball character without fireballs - I personally mean that in a good way btw.

But isn't Luke able to use precognition and force lift, push and other things like it? What's stopping Luke from precogging Neo's action (flight for instance) and suspending him in mid-air with the Force then just jamming a lightsaber into his left eyeball?

Or should, on an equal-representation-of-powers-battleground, Neo's ability to rewrite Matrix code to suit him be considered an ability to rewrite the Force? (aka should Neo also be considered able to use the force? If that were the case, does it mean Neo has the ability to rewrite portions of reality - such as the destruction of Agent Smith and ability to stop bullets in mid air - be part of his force skills?)

btw, just realised Neo does in fact perform non-physical feats in the films obviously.

KingD19
Neo has his One powers, but giving him the ability to influence a force of the universe that only under a dozen incredibly powerful beings in that universe have been able to do doesn't work.

And in a standard arena, Luke wins. He's fought faster than Neo dozens of times, and has a plethora of Force Attacks. Neo can't win.

AmbientFire
Neo has his One powers, but giving him the ability to influence a force of the universe that only under a dozen incredibly powerful beings in that universe have been able to do doesn't work.

And in a standard arena, Luke wins. He's fought faster than Neo dozens of times, and has a plethora of Force Attacks. Neo can't win.

I agree that Luke wins but I think that Neo's ability to influence what we consider ordinary reality - The Matrix - is one if his central powers. Therefore, if both Neo and Luke are allowed their central super powers, Neo would end up being able to use some abilities that are suspiciously force-esque or, at the very least, reality bending/magical. All of Neo's powers are based on what he can do within the Matrix, it doesn't make sense to strip his central ability, but let Luke keep his. Or let Neo fly but not stop bullets for instance.

Either way, on an equal battleground, Luke's stronger, faster, and wears a 70's hairdo with confidence. Gotta figure he wins this.

KingD19
True. But his powers to alter the Matrix are solely in the Matrix. Not the actual real world. He's essentially a computer hacker/technopath on steroids.

But the point I'm making is, for all his Matrix powers, he didn't really do much. TK or turning their movement code to zero stopped the bullets. He could fly. Varying forms of super strength. He didn't really do much else.

The only powers he has even resembling force powers is TK if he decides to use it, and flight, as Dooku has flown before.

AmbientFire
True. But his powers to alter the Matrix are solely in the Matrix. Not the actual real world. He's essentially a computer hacker/technopath on steroids.

But the point I'm making is, for all his Matrix powers, he didn't really do much. TK or turning their movement code to zero stopped the bullets. He could fly. Varying forms of super strength. He didn't really do much else.

The only powers he has even resembling force powers is TK if he decides to use it, and flight, as Dooku has flown before.

agreed.

Nephthys
True. But his powers to alter the Matrix are solely in the Matrix. Not the actual real world.

We except for when he starts being able to do stuff outside of the Matrix.

KingD19
All he did outside the Matrix was see in code once that guy turned his eyeballs to jelly, and commanded some sentinels to deactivate.

Casper Whitey
All he did outside the Matrix was see in code once that guy turned his eyeballs to jelly, and commanded some sentinels to deactivate. Looked more like raw hamburger.

S_W_LeGenD
Luke will defeat Neo.

Casper Whitey
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Luke will defeat Neo. Depends on the conditions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.