The New SW Films 7-12

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Since Lucas hocked SW to Disney (bastard sold his soul), apparently the DE series is the chosen era. I hate the idea of new SW movies especially DE. Disney will probably try to make them 'happy' films since Disney has the nasty reputation of doing that exact thing. First one is released in 2015. What are your opinions?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Since Lucas hocked SW to Disney (bastard sold his soul), apparently the DE series is the chosen era. I hate the idea of new SW movies especially DE. Disney will probably try to make them 'happy' films since Disney has the nasty reputation of doing that exact thing. First one is released in 2015. What are your opinions? Happy? The sad intro to Up was more depressing and tear-jerking than anything that has ever happened in Star Wars. The tension during the climax of Toy Story 3 surpassed anything in Star Wars since the OT. And the death of Agent Coulson in The Avengers had more emotional impact than anything since the OT.

The same OT whose quality can not be attributed to George Lucas. The same OT, which, as Confused Matthew so eloquently put it, is good despite George Lucas, not because of him. This acquisition can not be "bad"--Star Wars' film/TV media can't get worse than it already is. Because Lucas "sold his soul"--because he thankfully, mercifully, sold Star Wars to a competent corporation, we can now once again look forward to the possibility of a good Star Wars film and not follow that statement with a sarcastic eye roll.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The same OT whose quality can not be attributed to George Lucas. The same OT, which, as Confused Matthew so eloquently put it, is good despite George Lucas, not because of him.

This is an exceptionally stupid remark. Everything you love about the OT has its origins in and with George Lucas, unless its appeal comes from something other than the story and characters.

No wonder you guys aren't a world power.

Lord Lucien
I didn't say he's not the origin, I said despite his involvement, the OT was good.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I didn't say he's not the origin, I said despite his involvement, the OT was good.

facepalm

That you do not see the silliness inherent to that remark makes me weep for America's dusty, neglected attic.

You're lucky we need a target for our derision and condescension, Frenchlite.

Lord Lucien
So condescend an explanation to me. What did George Lucas do (other than conceive the idea) to make the OT good?

Kazenji
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Since Lucas hocked SW to Disney (bastard sold his soul), apparently the DE series is the chosen era. I hate the idea of new SW movies especially DE. Disney will probably try to make them 'happy' films since Disney has the nasty reputation of doing that exact thing.

Great another person that thinks Disney can only do one thing with their movies.

Ushgarak
Use the thread in the PT area, thanks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.