Your favorite bromance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
What the titles says. But please no gay jokes.

Ill start.
Johnny Storm and Peter Parker. Always fun to read.
Deadpool and Cable is ok but personally not a fan.
Not sure if Batman and Superman qualifies as bromance.

Personal favorite (if all media) - Vash and Wolfwood.
Nothing beats getting drunk together before entering a gunfight competition.

abhilegend
Nightwing and Wally West.

-Pr-
Blue and gold all the way.

abhilegend
Crap, I forgot about Ted and Michael. Also Alan and Jay preboot, coolest bromance.

Damborgson
http://smhttp.14409.nexcesscdn.net/806D5E/wordpress-L/images/thewarriorsthree-590x922.jpg

The ultimate three person bro-mance.

JakeTheBank
Cap and Thor
Cap and Tony
Thor and Hercules
Human Torch and Spider-Man
Booster Gold and Blue Beetle aka BWAH HA HA
Any of the old guard of the JSA
Guy Gardner and Kyle Rayner

Digi
Add Wildcat to that JSA bromance of Alan and Jay. They were really the big three "old guard" in that group.

Pete and Johnny is always classic.

I'm not sure a lot of these actually qualify as bromances in the way we usually categorize them. Like, having interesting interactions and mutual respect doesn't = bromance.

roughrider
Some other notable ones not mentioned:

Spider Man & Daredevil
Daredevil & Luke Cage
Namor & Doctor Doom
Thing & Johnny Storm
Spider Man & Wolverine

JakeTheBank
Lord Rand and his herald, Luke Cage.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

Zack Fair
I always liked Wally and Kyle during the mid 90s when Kyle was a noob

Digi
Doom and himself.

Originally posted by roughrider
Some other notable ones not mentioned:

Spider Man & Daredevil
Daredevil & Luke Cage
Namor & Doctor Doom
Thing & Johnny Storm
Spider Man & Wolverine

Originally posted by Digi
I'm not sure a lot of these actually qualify as bromances in the way we usually categorize them. Like, having interesting interactions and mutual respect doesn't = bromance.

Under every usage of the word I've seen, the two have to actually be into one another as friends. Daredevil and Spidey respect each other, for example, but they're not all "SQUEEEE!" when they see each other.

Think JD and Turk from Scrubs. Classic bromance. Or Corey and Shawn in Boy Meets World. Namor and Doom isn't even the same thing. Or something like Wolverine and Spidey...SM likes annoying Logan, who tolerates Pete but doesn't like him. Not a bromance at all.

Booster and Ted is a great example of an actual bromance.

Blair Wind
Doom and himself.

Under every usage of the word I've seen, the two have to actually be into one another as friends. Daredevil and Spidey respect each other, for example, but they're not all "SQUEEEE!" when they see each other.

Think JD and Turk from Scrubs. Classic bromance. Or Corey and Shawn in Boy Meets World. Namor and Doom isn't even the same thing. Or something like Wolverine and Spidey...SM likes annoying Logan, who tolerates Pete but doesn't like him. Not a bromance at all.

Booster and Ted is a great example of an actual bromance.

Random Fact: Boy Meets World is in talks to come back as Girl Meets World focused on Cory and Topanga's daughter (both reprising their roles).

Anyway, Wally/Kyle.

SamZED
Doom and himself.

Booster and Ted is a great example of an actual bromance. With JD and Turk bromance is an understatement. Its "guy love" but "there's nothing gay about it". laughing

With Spidey and Logan its no classic bromance but its more than just annoy/tolerate each other kind of friendship. Its a lot deeper than that. More like big brother/little brother kind of thing. Just look at the last mini. There were other moments too.

Q99
Originally posted by SamZED

Not sure if Batman and Superman qualifies as bromance.

http://www.shortpacked.com/comics/2008-09-22-supermanbatman.png

Oh heck yea it qualifies.

basilisk
No.

No, Bad Bromance.

No.

Doom and himself.Yes.

SevenShackles
Would captain America and Bucky qualify?

Digi
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Random Fact: Boy Meets World is in talks to come back as Girl Meets World focused on Cory and Topanga's daughter (both reprising their roles).

My sister is going to sh*t bricks.

-K-M-
Nightcrawler and Wolverine deserve a mention.

roughrider
Originally posted by -K-M-

It was awesome when straight-laced and dapper Kurt became Logan's drinking buddy.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Q99

lmao

JayDaDon
Cap and Iron man is my favorite.

JayDaDon
Originally posted by Q99

What's funny is how close this is to an actual page in Superman/Batman.

-Pr-
Superman and Batman definitely qualifies.

I'd say Colossus and Wolverine does too, tbh.

-K-M-
Well Nightcrawler and Wolverine were best friends, Colossus and him are just friends.

Bentley
Mmmmh... Lord Rand and his herald ftw.

Bouboumaster
Hercules and Thor

TheGodKiller
Batman and Joker.

TheGodKiller
Doom and Reed.

SamZED
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Batman and Joker. What the f**k?

-Pr-
Well Nightcrawler and Wolverine were best friends, Colossus and him are just friends.

Maybe, I dunno they always seemed like a threesome rather than just one or the other.

Newjak
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Anyway, Wally/Kyle. hmm

I may have to check this out.

Iron Fist and Luke Cage

Batman and Superman

Apollo and Midnighter stick out tongue

-K-M-
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zkkggwao7kU/UJa9dtVFdQI/AAAAAAAAoWM/8DmEj49tV-0/s947/superheroes_doctors.jpg

Galan007
Batman + Robin's butthole. thumb up

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud@ Bats

TheGodKiller
What the f**k?
Lovely, isn't it?

TheGodKiller
Wolverine and Sabretooth.

TheGodKiller
Captain America and Red Skull.

StiltmanFTW
What the f**k?

http://i50.tinypic.com/2924843.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/vg4olc.jpg

JakeTheBank
Han Solo and Chewbacca.

Existere
...R2 and C3P0?

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://i50.tinypic.com/2924843.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/vg4olc.jpg I hate the killing joke...

Mindship
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9982/sg4zr3.jpg

Considering their long history together, how often they've worked together and all their alternate versions: this is about as bromancey as two can get.

Kazenji
I hate the killing joke...

Why?

SamZED
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why? No disrespect to Alan Moore but that is a terrible origin for Joker. Some pathetic talentless comedian accidently ends up in a vat of accid and somehow becomes a brilliant super villain? The idea that the Joker deep down is sorry for everything he did and secretly wants to be a good guy but cant because "it's too late"... is ridiculous. Sometimes a bad guy should simply be bad. Without some sad backstory "excusing" his actions. People eat it up but it's stupid. Joker is not a victim. He's a dick and loves every second of what he does.

AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster and Deadpool
John Constantine and Chas

SamZED
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Taskmaster and Deadpool This.thumb up a lot of potential, sadly Way kinda screwed it up.

StiltmanFTW
a lot of potential, sadly Way kinda screwed it up.

By making Wade forcing Tasky to breathe deep his fart? laughing out loud

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
By making Wade forcing Tasky to breathe deep his fart? laughing out loud Lol partially. But mostly because they're more of enemies in his books. They were passed that, it's supposed to be just rivalry.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Wolverine and Spider-man is always fun too, but they might be more frienemies. They have a grumpy old men thing going on.

peejayd
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Wolverine and Spider-man is always fun too, but they might be more frienemies. They have a grumpy old men thing going on.

* Daredevil and Punisher, long history of conflicting methods of crimefighting...

* Wolverine and Morph or Beast in X-men TAS... stick out tongue

SamZED
Bump. I like this thread. Because I made it.

Insane Titan
Warlock and Thanos

Badabing
Nihilist and Quan. thumb up

pym-ftw
Pym & Luke Cage.

SamZED
Is that a thing?

JayDaDon
He means Danny and luke, or as Seth green called them on @ midnight, Iron fist and Power bottom laughing

pym-ftw
Is that a thing? yes Pym pretty much made all the avengers tech for the thunderbolts and Luke is one of the few characters that haven't turned their back on Hank.

Bentley
No disrespect to Alan Moore but that is a terrible origin for Joker. Some pathetic talentless comedian accidently ends up in a vat of accid and somehow becomes a brilliant super villain? The idea that the Joker deep down is sorry for everything he did and secretly wants to be a good guy but cant because "it's too late"... is ridiculous. Sometimes a bad guy should simply be bad. Without some sad backstory "excusing" his actions. People eat it up but it's stupid. Joker is not a victim. He's a dick and loves every second of what he does.

Wow, I've never read the Killing Joke, but that story does blow.

The Joker is just a Norman Osborn clone.

krisblaze
No disrespect to Alan Moore but that is a terrible origin for Joker. Some pathetic talentless comedian accidently ends up in a vat of accid and somehow becomes a brilliant super villain? The idea that the Joker deep down is sorry for everything he did and secretly wants to be a good guy but cant because "it's too late"... is ridiculous. Sometimes a bad guy should simply be bad. Without some sad backstory "excusing" his actions. People eat it up but it's stupid. Joker is not a victim. He's a dick and loves every second of what he does.

What? I'm completely opposite here.

There's no villain that's just evil, and frankly that's just a kindergarten outlook on morality. Nobody's born evil and certain DC writers' tendency to try and compose the Joker as some kind of force of evil is part of the reason why I've taken a distinct dislike to the character.

Morrison achieved the same effect and still wrote a nigh-human Joker.

I really don't think a humane origin takes anything away from a villain, quite the contrary.

riv6672
I come down in the middle of the born evil debate, as it pertains to fictional characters; i DO however, believe some characters work better without a definitive origin, if only because you cant please everyone (James Howlet).
Unless something changed though, Moore's origin was never meant to be canon. Just an intriguing possibility.

Also, http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/crazynew.gif @ Bentley's Joker as a Goblin clone joke!

Bentley
Originally posted by krisblaze
There's no villain that's just evil, and frankly that's just a kindergarten outlook on morality. Nobody's born evil and certain DC writers' tendency to try and compose the Joker as some kind of force of evil is part of the reason why I've taken a distinct dislike to the character.

You're right, I don't care about the reasons for it, let's just agree the Joker sucks thumb up

SamZED
Originally posted by krisblaze
What? I'm completely opposite here.

Morrison achieved the same effect and still wrote a nigh-human Joker.

I really don't think a humane origin takes anything away from a villain, quite the contrary. Interesting. I don't disagree that characters need an origin (although in one of the many origins Joker had he was actually shown to be insane from an early age, pretty much born like that and I prefer that origin over the KJ) but that only goes for some characters. I hate it when writers go out of their way to write a sob story for every character with a sole purpose to make the readers go "Awww! He is not evil, he is sad!" and the story told in the Killing Joke does not work at all for the Joker. IMO that is. He may not be a force of nature but portraying him as a poor unfortunate victim of circumstances takes away from the character, makes him seem weak, even pathetic and that doesn't work well with his established character. One doesn't go as far as Joker did because of "one bad day", certainly doesn't get so good at it or enjoys it to an extent he does. So even if he had troubled childhood I don't really want to know about because you're not supposed to feel bad for every character. Joker is an evil mother******, there's nothing more to it. He might not be really insane even and he does horrible things because he clearly and wholeheartedly loves it regardless of what he once was. And there's no need for writers to try and justify it by forcing a sad origin down our throats. In my opinion at least. Sorry for the long rant.

riv6672
You hit all the right points.

SamZED
Thanks. Glad you agree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.