Sidious vs. Plagieus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
We all know the story of Darth Plagieus the Wise. He said Darth Bane's Rule of Two was no longer necessary, he became insanely powerful in the dark side, only to have Sidious kill him in his sleep. If Plagieus and Sidious were to have a full battle in the way the Rule of Two dictates, who truly comes out on top as the most powerful Sith Lord ever?

Darth _Sadow1
Sidious. Plagueis didn't like conflict, meaning that Sidious would have an advantage.

jmoul
Plagieus was still much more powerful Force-wise than Sidious, so no matter how much he disliked conflict, he had that edge over Sids.

The_Tempest
Depends on which incarnation of Sidious is in play here. Personally, I'd favor Plagueis in any battle between the two up until the OT.

Darth _Sadow1
my question exactly

Q99
I got the impression they were pretty close, but Plagieus'd have the edge on experience at the time they did fight. Palps likely surpassed him at some point, but when is hard to tell.

jmoul
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Depends on which incarnation of Sidious is in play here. Personally, I'd favor Plagueis in any battle between the two up until the OT.

The Sidious I am referring to is the one who was still Plagieus's apprentice. I want to know if Sids truly deserved to become the Dark Lord of the Sith when he actually did.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by jmoul
The Sidious I am referring to is the one who was still Plagieus's apprentice. I want to know if Sids truly deserved to become the Dark Lord of the Sith when he actually did.

If by "deserve" you mean in a contest of strength, then probably not. Luceno implied that the fight would be close but that Plagueis would have an advantage. Palpatine's showings in the book are impressive, but not on Plagueis's level.

Ascendancy
Who was better at sabers?

jmoul
Haven't actually read the books on Plagieus, but I recall that Sidious was always stronger in the Force than with sabers.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Ascendancy
Who was better at sabers?

Overall, Sidious has far better feats by virtue of greater exposure.

In the book, very little attention is given to strict swordsmanship. The most that is said if Plagueis's abilities is an offhand remark that Tenebrous proclaimed him "a master" of the weapon; his chosen form or extent of mastery is never clearly defined. He duels with only one other Force user in the novel, Venamis, Tenebrous's secret Shadow Hand who nearly beats Plagueis.

Ascendancy
Ok. Seemed like I had seen some mention of Sidious being even better than his master in terms of saber prowess but I think it was only something in passing.

SIDIOUS 66
If this is Sidious as he is in the Plagueis novel, then I'd say Plagueis takes it. As Tempest said, Plagueis has the better feats in the novel (combat-wise). If it's Sidious as he is in ROTS, then I'd say Sidious takes it.

((The_Anomaly))
Sidious. Any Sidious after episode 3 will win without a doubt. In the novel probably plagieus but if its Sidious at his best then Sidious takes it without a doubt.

Darth _Sadow1
Well if Plagieus couldn't even sense Palpatine coming to assassinate him, he was unworthy of being Sith Master any longer. Sidious's time was right.

Vensai
I agree with the above. Plagueis had the better feats while dying from the surprise attack. Luceno himself felt that Plagueis would have "undermined" his apprentice in a fair fight.

mnat801
I think its Sidious, on StarWars.com Sids is apparently the most powerful Sith ever.

Vensai
If this is TPM, Plagueis should win. If this is ROTS, Sidious probably wins. Will be close though.

NewGuy01
^^^ Words of wisdom

Mizukage Yoda
Originally posted by Vensai
If this is TPM, Plagueis should win. If this is ROTS, Sidious probably wins. Will be close though.

My thoughts exactly. Finally that bullshit of TPM Sidious being>ROTS Sidious is put to rest.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by jmoul

It seems like half the people in this thread are not reading this part. Sidious the Apprentice vs Plagieus the Master.

hutchy1345
it says in wookiepedia that plagueis may have been able to defeat his apprentice in a duel. I think that's why sidious killed plagueis in his sleep!

Jedi Mom
lol

Mizukage Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.