Thanos vs Thor (angry)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
CIS is off for Thor. He is angry and willing to do anything to get rid of Thanos.

Thanos knows Thor is bringing everything to the table but is unable to mentally prep because Thor is standing right in front of him with a charging/glowing hammer. Thor is fighting smart.

Who wins?

armedforbattle
Thanos.

Glorificus
Thanos easily.

Nihilist
Still Thanos.

In fact he stops first hammer shot with a casual raise of his hand.

Silent Master
This guy?

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/6594/tinkywinkyv.jpg

-Pr-
Is he angry or is he smart?

Digi
Thor actually has some ok showings against Thanos. His energy soak allows him to stay around longer than most.

So, it goes on for a while and Thanos has to work for it. But he wins, and I see no reason not to add "every time" to that distinction.

Damborgson
I know enough about Thanos to know the level he's at, and that Thor loses decisively and every time under normal conditions. but with cis off a couple questions come to mind.

1. Can he teleport with standard gear?

2. does he have tech to enable flight?

If he doesn't have teleportation tech, then BFR ftw.

Also without flight is there anything that would really stop Thor from range spamming him? I'm willing to bet on his maneuverability more than Thanos' blasts. Plus the energy blasts come with the risk of being absorbed and redirect by Mjolnir.

Also with cis off, Thor would/could just warp space around Thanos' shielding. Landing some pretty nasty hammer throws. Idk, just doesn't seem to clear cut at all to me under the specification of the OP.

zopzop
Oh please. Thanos kills him.

pym-ftw
One sided Cis gives Thor the win in my Book

Cis off Supes would win aswell before abhi asks...
laughing out loud

Damborgson
Originally posted by zopzop
Oh please. Thanos kills him.

with the type of ground breaking argument that zop zop is know for I have been convinced.

JakeTheBank
The biggest obstacle for a CIS off/Unshackled Forum Mode Thor would be Thanos' durability and damage soak.

zopzop
Originally posted by Damborgson
with the type of ground breaking argument that zop zop is know for I have been convinced.
See your avatar and banner? That's exactly what would happen to Thor. Thanos stomps that ass.

Damborgson
See your avatar and banner? That's exactly what would happen to Thor. Thanos stomps that ass. Originally posted by Damborgson

zopzop

I don't care if you are convinced or not. Thor's ass would get stomped so hard, his one eyed Father would feel it.

Damborgson
The feel free to go troll somewhere else if you don't care. That's all you're doing anyway.

Estacado
They one shot each other.

zopzop
The feel free to go troll somewhere else if you don't care. That's all you're doing anyway.
Genius, Thanos one shot BFRed a PG Warrior Madness Thor that was busting Teams of Heralds and ignoring Classic Dr. Strange's spells and Moondragon's TP :
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390931-107783_super.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390932-163795_super.jpg

No "non Odin Force" version of Thor is surviving against Thanos if Thanos is in anyway serious about winning.

JakeTheBank
Wasn't aware Thanos' experimental Force Block gun he just happened to have on hand (ie. plot device) counted as standard equipment.

And even if it was, Thor destroys it instantly or just counters it with Mjolnir.

There's better arguments to make for Thanos that that, tbh.

zopzop
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Wasn't aware Thanos' experimental Force Block gun he just happened to have on hand (ie. plot device) counted as standard equipment.

And even if it was, Thor destroys it instantly or just counters it with Mjolnir.

There's better arguments to make for Thanos that that, tbh.
Uhm, you'd have a point, if Thanos didn't use the EXACT SAME TECHNIQUE vs Odin SANS weapon. roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53031/1017179-warlock_25_27_super.jpg
Forgot about that scene?

Silent Master
To be fair, couldn't a CIS-off Thor could just absorb the energy from the force-block?

JakeTheBank
Uhm, you'd have a point, if Thanos didn't use the EXACT SAME TECHNIQUE vs Odin SANS weapon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Which Odin broke out of without much, if any, exertion.

You don't think Mjolnir, a borderline plot device weapon on its own, in the hands of a CIS off Thor, can't defend against being entrapped in a Force Block?

Again, there's better arguments to be made for Thanos than that.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Silent Master
To be fair, couldn't a CIS-off Thor could just absorb the energy from the force-block?

Yes.

zopzop
Which Odin broke out of without much, if any, exertion.

You don't think Mjolnir, a borderline plot device weapon on its own, in the hands of a CIS off Thor, can't defend against being entrapped in a Force Block?

Again, there's better arguments to be made for Thanos than that.
Uhm, the force block trick was already tried vs an AMPED Thor (ON PANEL) and Thor failed to defend against it.

So...........

Badabing
Thanos gets an Uru suppository.

Silent Master
Uhm, the force block trick was already tried vs an AMPED Thor (ON PANEL) and Thor failed to defend against it.

So...........

When was it tried on a CIS-off Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus

So...........

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Thor is going to flex and break out of it unless he's in Warrior Madness or something. But that he'll use Mjolnir to counter being trapped if it gets past the hammer's defenses that is.

JakeTheBank

So...........

It succeeded on a psychotic amped Thor restrained by CIS who was relying solely on physical power and not his versatility, yes.

Which is clearly not the same as a CIS-off Thor who, per the OP, is going to utilize everything in his power and disposal to maximum efficiency. Basically a Thor that doesn't exist on panel, but hey, take it up with the OP.

So, again, based off of Mjolnir's showings and displays of power including its absorbing and energy nullification powers, do you not think this version of Thor being specified in the thread can defend against it?

It's really not that hard of a distinction to make.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Thor is going to flex and break out of it unless he's in Warrior Madness or something. But that he'll use Mjolnir to counter being trapped if it gets past the hammer's defenses that is.

Exactly.

Zop's just being difficult.

zopzop
When was it tried on a CIS-off Thor?
CIS off Thor? CIS off Thor would never have gotten the Power Gem and gotten his ass kicked by Infinity Watch. Hence he'd never have faced off vs Thanos.
It succeeded on a psychotic amped Thor restrained by CIS who was relying solely on physical power and not his versatility, yes.

Which is clearly not the same as a CIS-off Thor who, per the OP, is going to utilize everything in his power and disposal to maximum efficiency. Basically a Thor that doesn't exist on panel, but hey, take it up with the OP.

So, again, based off of Mjolnir's showings and displays of power including its absorbing and energy nullification powers, do you not think this version of Thor being specified in the thread can defend against it?

It's really not that hard of a distinction to make.
CIS and PIS were working OVERTIME in favor of Thor that entire arc. Don't even go there.

Damborgson
Genius, Thanos one shot BFRed a PG Warrior Madness Thor that was busting Teams of Heralds and ignoring Classic Dr. Strange's spells and Moondragon's TP :
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390931-107783_super.jpg
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/390932-163795_super.jpg

No "non Odin Force" version of Thor is surviving against Thanos if Thanos is in anyway serious about winning.

Are you irritated already? lol. That's cute.

Ok, you showed Thanos using a plot device gun against a CIS ridden Thor....good for you?

Silent Master
CIS off Thor? CIS off Thor would never have gotten the Power Gem and gotten his ass kicked by Infinity Watch. Hence he'd never have faced off vs Thanos..

So according to you, Thor is more effective with CIS on?

zopzop
Are you irritated already? lol. That's cute.

Ok, you showed Thanos using a plot device gun against a CIS ridden Thor....good for you?
Thanos has crazy tech. It's no different from Reed's crap. "CIS" saved Thor a LOT in Blood and Thunder. Only blind Thor fanboys don't recognize it.
So according to you, Thor is more effective with CIS on?
Yes and No. CIS and PIS saved Thor from a humiliating beating at the hands of the Infinity Watch. Thor benefited from CIS and PIS (or at least used to, his current showings are pathetic) during the Blood and Thunder arc like you wouldn't believe. CISless Thor vs CISless Thanos would be a bloodbath in Thanos' favor.

Starscream M
So according to you, Thor is more effective with CIS on? like most characters, thor is more effective level headed than angry

when thor gets angry, he likes to prove his asgardian machoness and go in swinging and is less likely to resort to mjolnir's more exotic powers

Silent Master
Thanos has crazy tech. It's no different from Reed's crap. "CIS" saved Thor a LOT in Blood and Thunder. Only blind Thor fanboys don't recognize it.

No. CIS and PIS saved Thor from a humiliating beating at the hands of the Infinity Watch. Thor benefited from CIS and PIS (or at least used to, his current showings are pathetic) during the Blood and Thunder arc like you wouldn't believe. CISless Thor vs CISless Thanos would be a bloodbath in Thanos' favor.

How did Thor suffering from CIS help him during that arc?

Damborgson

Considering Thor only used melee and a handful of lighting bolts you have no point, only blind zop-zop's don't recognize it. That's a completely different Thor than the one in this thread anyway. Seriously, you're only argument has been out of the context of thread and sad to start with. You're trolling and there really is no reason for it.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
like most characters, thor is more effective level headed than angry

when thor gets angry, he likes to prove his asgardian machoness and go in swinging and is less likely to resort to mjolnir's more exotic powers

OP states Thor is angry, but fighting smart using everything in his disposal to beat Thanos, so this line of thought isn't relevant here.

Silent Master
like most characters, thor is more effective level headed than angry

Per the OP, CIS is off for Thor and he's fighting smart.

zopzop
How did Thor suffering from CIS help him during that arc?
Because the CIS AND PIS surrounding the other characters in that arc were >>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIS surrounding Thor. Thor vs the Infinity Watch would mean Thor being crushed into a white and red smear on the floor. If you don't see that, I can't help you.
Considering Thor only used melee and a handful of lighting bolts you have no point, only blind zop-zop's don't recognize it. That's a completely different Thor than the one in this thread anyway. Seriously, you're only argument has been out of the context of thread and sad to start with. You're trolling and there really is no reason for it.
Considering Thor had a RIDICULOUS amp, how does that affect anything? Take out the PG and CISless Thor dies horribly vs CISless Thanos.

JakeTheBank
Because the CIS AND PIS surrounding the other characters in that arc were >>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIS surrounding Thor. Thor vs the Infinity Watch would mean Thor being crushed into a white and red smear on the floor. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

This is basically tantamount to "I don't like it didn't happen".

Anyway, moot point as per this OP, Thor is basically uninhibited by CIS and is using everything he at his disposal to win. And said disposal has a lot of crap to draw upon.

So, again, based on the stuff Thor's done on panel, why would a Force Block spell instant defeat for this version of Thor?

Silent Master

Great, so you're admitting that Thor suffered from CIS during that story arc.

Which means that a CIS-off Thor would have faired much better.

zopzop
This basically tantamount to "I don't like it didn't happen".

Anyway, moot point as per this OP, Thor is basically uninhibited by CIS and is using everything he at his disposal to win. And said disposal has a lot of crap to draw upon.

So, again, based on the stuff Thor's done on panel, why would a Force Block spell instant defeat for this version of Thor?
Is Thanos likewise unencumbered by CIS? If so, then the result is the same : Thor dies brutally.
Great, so you're admitting that Thor suffered from CIS during that story arc.

Which means that a CIS-off Thor would have faired much better.
That's not what I'm saying.........at all.

The CIS/PIS surrounding the other characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIS/PIS surrounding Thor during that arc. Infinity Watch would have annihilated him.

Silent Master
Is Thanos likewise unencumbered by CIS? If so, then the result is the same : Thor dies brutally.

Did you read the OP?

That's not what I'm saying.........at all.

The CIS/PIS surrounding the other characters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIS/PIS surrounding Thor during that arc. Infinity Watch would have annihilated him.

So CIS-off Thor isn't more dangerous than CIS-on Thor?

JakeTheBank

OP didn't say he was, so I'm assuming he's possessed of a "normal" mindset.

zopzop
Did you read the OP?
Uhm, yes I did. And guess what?
OP didn't say he was
cool

JakeTheBank

cool

So you're going to assume Thanos is CISless just because Thor is? Even though Thor was the one whom the OP clearly specified on his mindset per this fight?

lol you're stretching more than that douche Richards.

Silent Master

cool

Seeing as Jake just confirmed that the OP didn't turn off CIS for Thanos, why are you posting a " cool " emote?

Damborgson

Considering Thor had a RIDICULOUS amp, how does that affect anything? Take out the PG and CISless Thor dies horribly vs CISless Thanos.

It's not cisless Thanos, and you're straying from the subject. trolling yet again.

JakeTheBank
Anyway, Thanos best option is to go for the mental assault route as energy attacks and the like are just going to be soaked up by Mjolnir. Thor's showings against mental attacks vary, but he certainly has the showings to argue him powering through them.

zopzop
So you're going to assume Thanos is CISless just because Thor is? Even though Thor was the one whom the OP clearly specified on his mindset per this fight?

lol you're stretching more than that douche Richards. Originally posted by Silent Master
Seeing as Jake just confirmed that the OP didn't turn off CIS for Thanos, why are you posting a " cool " emote? Originally posted by Damborgson
It's not cisless Thanos, and you're straying from the subject. trolling yet again.
So it's CISless Thor vs Thanos with CIS on? Nice how Thanos has to be handicapped for Thor to have a chance. Thanos still wins though.

Starscream M
Anyway, Thanos best option is to go for the mental assault route as energy attacks and the like are just going to be soaked up by Mjolnir. Thor's showings against mental attacks vary, but he certainly has the showings to argue him powering through them. what about a physical beatdown?

Damborgson
So it's CISless Thor vs Thanos with CIS on? Nice how Thanos has to be handicapped for Thor to have a chance. Thanos still wins though.

Do you read the OP's when you go into a thread? Sweet Jesus. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/crylaugh0.gif

They're in different tiers...did you expect a standard fight?

Silent Master

I thought you read the OP, it was made very clear that CIS was only turned off for Thor.

JakeTheBank

It's not so much Thanos being handicapped as it is Thor being given an advantage...because we all know that Thor can't beat Thanos under his own power normally anyway. no expression

How does Thanos win, iyo? For the record, I'm not opposed to the idea. I just don't think he's going to win via range spam or force blocks.

JakeTheBank
what about a physical beatdown?

He'd have to get close to Thor, and considering Thor's superior mobility and ranged attacks and defenses, it's unlikely it gets to that point, imo.

If it did, Thor could just create distance between them and his physical prowess is sufficient enough to afford him the ability to not get outright stomped by Thanos, though it would be a losing fight.

zopzop
I thought you read the OP, it was made very clear that CIS was only turned off for Thor.
Even the OP knows that's Thor's ONLY chance in hell and he'll STILL lose.

Uhm yes. With CIS on we've seen Hulk choked out by an anaconda and Spiderman annihilating Firelord. The OP tried to cripple Thanos by having Thor fight at his absolute best but not Thanos, and even still Thanos would win.

Just recently we've seen the entire Avengers/GotG/FF gang up on Thanos and they still needed the Elders to show up and BFR his ass away before he even mounted any kind of counter attack. How has Thor's track record been?

Silent Master
Even the OP knows that's Thor's ONLY chance in hell and he'll STILL lose.

If you knew that CIS was only off for Thor, why have you been arguing for a CIS-off Thanos?

JakeTheBank
Zop's just being difficult.

zopzop
If you knew that CIS was only off for Thor, why have you been arguing for a CIS-off Thanos?
I actually wasn't sure until Jake pointed it out. Because like I said, CIS being on could mean an anaconda strangling Hulk into submission and Spiderman destroying Firelord or Iceman beating Oblivion.

Without turning off CIS you have low metas beating mid heralds and even abstracts.

Damborgson

Uhm yes. With CIS on we've seen Hulk choked out by an anaconda and Spiderman annihilating Firelord. The OP tried to cripple Thanos by having Thor fight at his absolute best but not Thanos, and even still Thanos would win.

Just recently we've seen the entire Avengers/GotG/FF gang up on Thanos and they still needed the Elders to show up and BFR his ass away before he even mounted any kind of counter attack. How has Thor's track record been?

Apparently not. no expression

Irrelevant low showings of characters that have nothing to do with the match.

He let Thor use the best of his abilities, Thanos is still at his peak. And you have yet to prove that.

You mean when thanos was on his knees bleeding and missing teeth? How is that a good showing? The elders bfr'd him, doesn't mean he'd have won written by Bendis.

Irrelevant arguments trying to steer away from the point. You're all talk Zop Zop. Literally. You have nothing but irritated ranting and shallow attempts to steer from the subject while still slipping in a "thanos wins" here and there. Sad.

zopzop
Apparently not. no expression

Irrelevant low showings of characters that have nothing to do with the match.

He let Thor use the best of his abilities, Thanos is still at his peak. And you have yet to prove that.

You mean when thanos was on his knees bleeding and missing teeth? How is that a good showing? The elders bfr'd him, doesn't mean he'd have won written by Bendis.

Irrelevant arguments trying to steer away from the point. You're all talk Zop Zop. Literally. You have nothing but irritated ranting and shallow attempts to steer from the subject while still slipping in a "thanos wins" here and there. Sad.
You can't be serious? How has Thor been portrayed in recent years? How has Thanos? Thanos would destroy him.

CISless Thor vs CIS on Thanos is Thor's only hope and even then Thanos could still pull off a win. Even ignoring mindrape and forceblocks. This is the guy that beat the Surfer to death with 7 punches.

Silent Master
I actually wasn't sure until Jake pointed it out. Because like I said, CIS being on could mean an anaconda strangling Hulk into submission and Spiderman destroying Firelord or Iceman beating Oblivion.

Without turning off CIS you have low metas beating mid heralds and even abstracts.

The OP made it clear that CIS was only off for Thor, see below

Originally posted by carver9
CIS is off for Thor. He is angry and willing to do anything to get rid of Thanos.

Thanos knows Thor is bringing everything to the table but is unable to mentally prep because Thor is standing right in front of him with a charging/glowing hammer. Thor is fighting smart.

Who wins?

abhilegend
Thor fans trolling zopzop? Priceless.

Damborgson
You can't be serious? How has Thor been portrayed in recent years? How has Thanos? Thanos would destroy him.

CISless Thor vs CIS on Thanos is Thor's only hope and even then Thanos could still pull off a win. Even ignoring mindrape and forceblocks. This is the guy that beat the Surfer to death with 7 punches.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't think you know what that word means.

Silent Master

http://www.strategicdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/inconceivable.jpg

abhilegend
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg
I don't think you know what that word means. durlyOriginally posted by Silent Master
http://www.strategicdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/inconceivable.jpg
So snake-eyes is your partner? Nice choice!

Damborgson

So snake-eyes is your partner? Nice choice!

Not my fault I have charm. cool

Better than having philophile as my white knight anyway.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif

abhilegend

Charming snake-eyes wouldn't be something I think you should boast!

You lost your prophet Rage to church of gamma.stick out tongue

JakeTheBank

lmao

Mindset
Thor beats the living shit out of Thanos.

It will be a massacre on a scale we have never seen.

Mindset

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/vin.gif Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lmao

pym-ftw
I'm not sure why there is all this hate

Standard Thanos >>> Standard Thor
no one is arguing that

Cisless Thor is literally Thor minus his low showings and any showings where he didn't act to the best of his abilities

I'm not sure Zop's arguments...

WhiteWitchKing
Except Thanos isn't a stupid fighter. As soon as he realizes Thor is cutting lose, Thanos will start putting up force fields, mindraping, and amping his stats.

Thor could win 1-2 against Thanos if he uses Godblast or anti-matter blast. Other than that I don't see him putting Thanos down with his other attacks.

vince_slice
CIS off Thor would be a beast, but Thanos still wins.

Silent Master
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Except Thanos isn't a stupid fighter. As soon as he realizes Thor is cutting lose, Thanos will start putting up force fields, mindraping, and amping his stats.

Thor could win 1-2 against Thanos if he uses Godblast or anti-matter blast. Other than that I don't see him putting Thanos down with his other attacks.

Just like Thanos used force fields, mindraping, and amping his stats against Odin, right?

Damborgson
I definitely see mindrape as one of the options at Thanos' disposal for this fight. And his best option to be honest.

zopzop
To beat Thanos, Thor would first have to TOUCH Thanos and that's not happening if Thanos don't want it to happen. Thanos' shields allowed him to survive a blast from a being that, according to a character with Cosmic Awareness, easily dwarfed Galactus' power :
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2060/1573160omegasuper.th.jpg http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9416/omega57dl.th.jpg

Thanos' shields have easily halted Mjolnir before too :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Rei-Kai/thanos_stop_mjolnir.jpg

Or if Thanos felt like getting his hands dirty, he could brawl Thor to death like he did Surfer :
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1993/2596221thanoskillssurfe.th.jpg
Thanos would NEED to mind rape to beat Thor? whistle

Silent Master
What's stopping a CIS-off Thor from draining Thanos' shields?

zopzop
What's stopping a CIS-off Thor from draining Thanos' shields?
The fact that beings GREATER than Thor haven't done so (DP Tyrant, Odin, Omega, Galactus, etc..).

So nice try but no.

JakeTheBank
Thor's drained and absorbed energy greater than Thanos' shields, though.

WhiteWitchKing
Just like Thanos used force fields, mindraping, and amping his stats against Odin, right?

Just like he used force fields against Fallen One, Champion, and Galactus. Just like he used mindrape against Fallen One and Maker.

Force Block. Just a reverse force field.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos6.jpg

Amping his punches.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=4512588

zopzop
Thor's drained and absorbed energy greater than Thanos' shields, though.
When has Thor used Mjolnir to negate non mystic shields? Against who?

We already have ON PANEL proof of Thanos halting Mjolnir with a raised hand.

Damborgson
To beat Thanos, Thor would first have to TOUCH Thanos and that's not happening if Thanos don't want it to happen. Thanos' shields allowed him to survive a blast from a being that, according to a character with Cosmic Awareness, easily dwarfed Galactus' power :
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/2060/1573160omegasuper.th.jpg http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9416/omega57dl.th.jpg

Thanos' shields have easily halted Mjolnir before too :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v498/Rei-Kai/thanos_stop_mjolnir.jpg

Or if Thanos felt like getting his hands dirty, he could brawl Thor to death like he did Surfer :
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1993/2596221thanoskillssurfe.th.jpg
Thanos would NEED to mind rape to beat Thor? whistle

That's all nice and dandy, but Thor has ways to get past shields.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/3218/thormjolnir167strikingp.jpg

Mjolnir can warp space around the shield to bypass them.

Not to mention throw it faster than Thanos could react to it.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2830/hammerspped.jpg

and lol @ comparing Thor to silver surfer in physicality. True, Thor would lose in a punch for punch contest, but that's the nice thing of this OP. wink That situation would never occur. Thor at no point would be need to be on the ground to face Thanos.

also not sure why you put "NEED" in your post as if it was something I said. Since I didn't.

edit: but it is a better option than anything else I can think of at the moment. Seeing as how badly an energy blast could indeed end up for him.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir189-EnergyAbsorptionv244.jpg

Thor doesn't have to stop absorbing his energy if he doesn't want to.

JakeTheBank
When has Thor used Mjolnir to negate non mystic shields? Against who?

We already have ON PANEL proof of Thanos halting Mjolnir with a raised hand.

Mjolnir has drained and absorbed energy greater than that of Thanos' shield, which is my point. The nature of the energy has hardly ever, if it all, mattered.

Mjolnir also has the ability to go through shields via its trans-dimensional warping.

And there's also the fact that Thor doesn't have to throw Mjolnir to assail Thanos from a far.

To that end, a physical confrontation seems unlikely and Thanos will probably be better off attacking Thor's mind.

Silent Master
The fact that beings GREATER than Thor haven't done so (DP Tyrant, Odin, Omega, Galactus, etc..).

So nice try but no.

When have any of those characters ever tried to absorb one of Thanos' shields?

Silent Master
Just like he used force fields against Fallen One, Champion, and Galactus. Just like he used mindrape against Fallen One and Maker.

Force Block. Just a reverse force field.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos6.jpg

Amping his punches.

A CIS-off Thor could just absorb the energy.

zopzop

and lol @ comparing Thor to silver surfer in physicality. True, Thor would lose in a punch for punch contest, but that's the nice thing of this OP. wink That situation would never occur. Thor at no point would be need to be on the ground to face Thanos.

also not sure why you put "NEED" in your post as if it was something I said. Since I didn't.

edit: but it is a better option than anything else I can think of at the moment. Seeing as how badly an energy blast could indeed end up for him.
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir189-EnergyAbsorptionv244.jpg

You're comparing Kang and the Presence (Marvel one) to Thanos and his shields? Are you kidding me?

We have ON PANEL PROOF of Thanos' shields halting and dropping Mjolnir like a child's toy. Bring up Kang and the Presence doesn't impress me in the least.Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Mjolnir has drained and absorbed energy greater than that of Thanos' shield, which is my point. The nature of the energy has hardly ever, if it all, mattered.

Mjolnir also has the ability to go through shields via its trans-dimensional warping.

And there's also the fact that Thor doesn't have to throw Mjolnir to assail Thanos from a far.

To that end, a physical confrontation seems unlikely and Thanos will probably be better off attacking Thor's mind.
Thanos would beat Thor to death like he already did on panel to another high herald.

JakeTheBank
Thanos would beat Thor to death like he already did on panel to another high herald.

Not really an answer equatable to this situation due to the OP, but we went over this already.

Damborgson
You're comparing Kang and the Presence (Marvel one) to Thanos and his shields? Are you kidding me?

We have ON PANEL PROOF of Thanos' shields halting and dropping Mjolnir like a child's toy. Bring up Kang and the Presence doesn't impress me in the least.

There is no fundamental difference or reason as to why those techniques would not work. Since when do Thanos' shields stop space from being warped, and since when can he stop a sponge like Mjolnir from taking his power?

You don't need to be impressed. You don't even need to be convinced. But I'm telling you why in this particular thread, you're wrong, and I'm right.

Not to mention I'm playing nice. Thor can take this a lot farther. hammer throws, absorbing energy, it's little stuff.

zopzop
There is no fundamental difference or reason as to why those techniques would not work. Since when do Thanos' shields stop space from being warped, and since when can he stop a sponge like Mjolnir from taking his power?

You don't need to be impressed. You don't even need to be convinced. But I'm telling you why in this particular thread, you're wrong, and I'm right.

Not to mention I'm playing nice. Thor can take this a lot farther. hammer throws, absorbing energy, it's little stuff.
Kang and the Presence are in no way comparable to Thanos. That's like saying since Hulk can snuff out Human Torch's power with a Thunder Clap he can do the same to Firelord.

We already have on panel proof that Thanos can casually dismiss Mjolnir. So hammer throws are out.

Good luck with the "absorbing" Thanos' energy argument.

Damborgson
Kang and the Presence are in no way comparable to Thanos. That's like saying since Hulk can snuff out Human Torch's power with a Thunder Clap he can do the same to Firelord.

We already have on panel proof that Thanos can casually dismiss Mjolnir. So hammer throws are out.

Good luck with the "absorbing" Thanos' energy argument.

Hey more trolling by your part, good to see that you're consistent at least. That you would even compare a space warping skyfather enchanted weapon to a green retard clapping his hands is baffling.

Yes, you've done a good job ignoring how he'd get past though shields alright. thumb up

I don't need luck. I already said why he can.

zopzop
Hey more trolling by your part, good to see that you're consistent at least. That you would even compare a space warping skyfather enchanted weapon to a green retard clapping his hands is baffling.

Yes, you've done a good job ignoring how he'd get past though shields alright. thumb up

I don't need luck. I already said why he can.
How is it trolling? Thanos' personal shields have withstood blasts from a pissed off Galactus and Omega, so a "space warping skyfather enchanted weapon" fails to impress (in this regard).

The Hulk example was there to point out the flaws in your logic. Just because he negated/bypassed Kang's ( laughing ) shields doesn't mean he can do the same to Thanos'. Hence my Hulk extinguishing the Human Torch's flames/Firelord example.

Silent Master
Again, what is stopping Thor from just draining/absorbing the shield's energy?

Damborgson

How is it trolling? Thanos' personal shields have withstood blasts from a pissed off Galactus and Omega, so a "space warping skyfather enchanted weapon" fails to impress (in this regard).

The Hulk example was there to point out the flaws in your logic. Just because he negated/bypassed Kang's ( laughing ) shields doesn't mean he can do the same to Thanos'. Hence my Hulk extinguishing the Human Torch's flames/Firelord example.

How is it not? You're giving "nuh-uh it's THANOS! answers to everything I say.

changing your stance one post later? k. You compared Mjolnir to a thunder clap. Mjolnir is not using physical force. It's slipping through space to avoid the shielding. If it only had the option of blunt force, then yeah it would be stopped cold like in the scans you posted. But not in this case.

The Hulk example was there for no reason other than desperation on your part dude. It warped space it didn't negate anything. The shields were still in place. It's basically teleporting inside the shields.

but of course those are not Thor's only options. He also has this: http://imageshack.us/a/img72/9199/hammerspin.jpg

game over

or wraps him this: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5762/rsz564900493934thorvsgl.jpg

to then deliver that: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2023/2141672thormjolnir243li.jpg

plenty of abilites that Thor has at his disposal. Absorbing his shields and warping space are just a few.

Badabing
Groot

Damborgson
laughing out loud Needed that.

psycho gundam
regular thor doesn't have enough for thanos one on one, this has been tested and true

Badabing
laughing out loud Needed that. It's just fun to post every once in a while. stick out tongue

Horrificus
All I am going to say, is that with cis off, Thor has one of the largest "toolboxes" in all of comics, with enough power to do pretty much anything he decides to do.

With cis off, he is an incredibly well trained warrior "god" with thousands of years of experience and no reason to handle the situation in a stupid manner.

Then, you add these things to his classic strength and durability.

Suddenly, he isn't the buffoon to be shrugged off so lightly.

I just wanted to throw that out there.

Damborgson
But Horrifcus.....It's Thanos. Thor's versatility means nothing.

Horrificus
But Horrifcus.....It's Thanos. Thor's versatility means nothing. True. But, with cis off, I believe Thor is at least capable of bending one of Thanos' pointy shoulder guards.

Damborgson
lol

zopzop
How is it not? You're giving "nuh-uh it's THANOS! answers to everything I say.

changing your stance one post later? k. You compared Mjolnir to a thunder clap. Mjolnir is not using physical force. It's slipping through space to avoid the shielding. If it only had the option of blunt force, then yeah it would be stopped cold like in the scans you posted. But not in this case.

The Hulk example was there for no reason other than desperation on your part dude. It warped space it didn't negate anything. The shields were still in place. It's basically teleporting inside the shields.

but of course those are not Thor's only options. He also has this: http://imageshack.us/a/img72/9199/hammerspin.jpg

game over

or wraps him this: http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/5762/rsz564900493934thorvsgl.jpg

to then deliver that: http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/2023/2141672thormjolnir243li.jpg

plenty of abilites that Thor has at his disposal. Absorbing his shields and warping space are just a few.
Yawn.

An AMPED Thor has already lost to Thanos.

Thor along with a gaggle of Avengers/GotG/FF jumped Thanos and all they managed to do was break a tooth and bloody his nose. Get back to me when Thor isn't being put on his ass by the likes of Rachel Grey (sans PF at that).
Originally posted by Badabing
Groot
Dies.

Damborgson
Yawn.

An AMPED Thor has already lost to Thanos.

Thor along with a gaggle of Avengers/GotG/FF jumped Thanos and all they managed to do was break a tooth and bloody his nose. Get back to me when Thor isn't being put on his ass by the likes of Rachel Grey (sans PF at that).

Lol

If all else fails, eat some paint I guess?

concession accepted.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrogx9JLwU1qaxa0eo2_500.gif

WhiteWitchKing

That's great but he at most staggers Thanos with such an attack. Then the shield goes up again or Thanos manages to blast Thor while the hammer flies back. At worse, the Titan grabs the hammer and goes flying, fist first, back at Thor.

If he gets close to drain the shields, Thanos shuts them down and attacks Thor right away. His entire fight with Champion was of him turning on and off those shields to defend and open up for attacks. He turned on those shields at the moment Fallen One decided to blitz who ended up a splat. Even then he was toying with them. But a serious Thanos operating his shields in that manner would give this Thor as much trouble.

zopzop
Lol

If all else fails, eat some paint I guess?

concession accepted.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrogx9JLwU1qaxa0eo2_500.gif
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103201/2438059-1.png
Hurts don't it? laughing

Damborgson
That's great but he at most staggers Thanos with such an attack. Then the shield goes up again or Thanos manages to blast Thor while the hammer flies back. At worse, the Titan grabs the hammer and goes flying, fist first, back at Thor.

If he gets cloes to drain the shields, Thanos shuts them down and attacks Thor right away. His entire fight with Champion was of him turn on and off those shields to defend and open up for attacks. He turned on those shields at the moment Fallen One decided to blitz him only to end up a splat. Even then he was toying with them. But a serious Thanos operating his shields in that manner would give this Thor as much trouble.

I can agree that the winds of a thousand worlds would probably only stagger Thanos. But that massive CK ripping blast would do more. and putting him in the temporal vortex would indeed end it then and there.

I wouldn't recommend grabbing on to Mjolnir. Even remotely Thor can command it's exotic abilities. One indestructible whirlwind coming up.

Thor doesn't need to get close to drain the shields though and most certainly not on the ground. So any sort of energy attack would be immediately sucked into Mjolnir as he drained the shields.

Oh no doubt. The shields have legendary durability. But luckily for Thor, he's got more than brute force in this scenario.

Damborgson
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/10/103201/2438059-1.png
Hurts don't it? laughing

Lowballing? You poor thing I've broken you haven't I?

lol and says he's not trolling.

Badabing
Zopzop and Damborgson...don't make me come back in here. sneer

And Zopzop, if I ever see you post anything negative about Groot again, it will result in bad things for you!

Damborgson
Zopzop and Damborgson...don't make me come back in here. sneer

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/7582720_4794.jpg

Badabing
http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/7582720_4794.jpg laughing out loud

h1a8
Thor wins this, especially with bfr.

SamZED
I know enough about Thanos to know the level he's at, and that Thor loses decisively and every time under normal conditions. but with cis off a couple questions come to mind.

1. Can he teleport with standard gear?

2. does he have tech to enable flight?

If he doesn't have teleportation tech, then BFR ftw.

Also without flight is there anything that would really stop Thor from range spamming him? I'm willing to bet on his maneuverability more than Thanos' blasts. Plus the energy blasts come with the risk of being absorbed and redirect by Mjolnir.

Also with cis off, Thor would/could just warp space around Thanos' shielding. Landing some pretty nasty hammer throws. Idk, just doesn't seem to clear cut at all to me under the specification of the OP. Your sig and avatar is a compilation of Thor getting owned. You have no say in this thread. stick out tongue

Nihilist
But Horrifcus.....It's Thanos. Thor's versatility means nothing. just like Thanos various powers and abilities coupled with his durability mean nothing because Thor is versatile.

Typical Thorbag.

Badabing
Originally posted by Nihilist
just like Thanos various powers and abilities coupled with his durability mean nothing because Thor is versatile.

Typical Thorbag. I'm about done with you flaming every poster who you disagree.

TheLordofMurder
Thor wins with ease....

Thor uses Soul Suck; game over Mad Titan...

Thor 10/10...

Horrificus
Have Thanos' powers, tech and weapons ever been explained in detail?
We know he is powerful. But, it would be cool if there was a more specific explanation of his technology, extra power sources, etc.
I mean, besides his own power.

zopzop
Originally posted by Horrificus
Have Thanos' powers, tech and weapons ever been explained in detail?
We know he is powerful. But, it would be cool if there was a more specific explanation of his technology, extra power sources, etc.
I mean, besides his own power.
No. It's a mix/match of cybernetic augmentations, magic, science, cosmic (all of these have been mentioned on panel). They could all be correct or one or two would be a retcon of the others. It's hard to tell.

Odin saying : Titan you tap into a power source both dark and nearly limitless as I am connected to a similar reserve. But the origins of my might are divine by nature.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos5.jpg

Walker sensed it too. He theorized it was a power source on his ship (but it was never confirmed) :
http://oi56.tinypic.com/ifx5bs.jpg

Horrificus
No. It's a mix/match of cybernetic augmentations, magic, science, cosmic (all of these have been mentioned on panel). They could all be correct or one or two would be a retcon of the others. It's hard to tell.

Odin saying : Titan you tap into a power source both dark and nearly limitless as I am connected to a similar reserve. But the origins of my might are divine by nature.
http://i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk109/DRDOOMSDAY-360/marvel%20universe/Thanos/OdinVsThanos5.jpg

Walker sensed it too. He theorized it was a power source on his ship (but it was never confirmed) :
http://oi56.tinypic.com/ifx5bs.jpg Hmmm. That's good stuff.
Yeah, he has a LOT of different tricks in his bag.
I always imagined Thanos having a LOT of old stories involving him traveling the universe and snatching up tech and artifacts that are powerful, but not as high-level as the cosmic cube and the gems, etc.
In forum battles it would be cool to have that kind of info.

carver9
There are Heralds that has been deemed as having limitless/unlimited power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Anyway, Thanos best option is to go for the mental assault route as energy attacks and the like are just going to be soaked up by Mjolnir. Thor's showings against mental attacks vary, but he certainly has the showings to argue him powering through them.

Thor hasn't absorbed every energy attacked thrown at him by a foe in a sustained fight. He does it here and there, but let's not act like he would just be absorbing ALL of them. Unless of course you're going to argue that Thor has never in his entire history fought without CIS.. and thus all those showings are invalid for a CIS Thor.. But then... what showings would we use to gauge his abilities. So safe so say you won't go that route... so let's not act like Thor would absorbing everything. A few blasts that sneak in there from thanos will put Thor down.. a few shots from Thos (h2h) will put him down or at least stun him to be put down by mental attack or energy.

Thanos wins each and every time

Nihilist
I'm about done with you flaming every poster who you disagree. I undesrtand you and PR have a personal grudge against me, but give the reason your doing when it happens in every thread now and the fact people have used my real life personal issues more than once as a reason to flame me and get of Scott free

Don't hide behind your mod position to air your grudge come at it with me straight as I thought You was more of a man than this.

Badabing
I undesrtand you and PR have a personal grudge against me, but give the reason your doing when it happens in every thread now and the fact people have used my real life personal issues more than once as a reason to flame me and get of Scott free

Don't hide behind your mod position to air your grudge come at it with me straight as I thought You was more of a man than this. The only thing I have against you is that you can't help but to go into threads to bash and flame anybody who doesn't agree that Thanos wins. This post proves that you can't follow rules and have some need to cause problems. If you have any other issues please take them to a PM. Thank you.

Nihilist
Lol yeah right Batman Prime using my fathers death as ammo in a argument 3 times is ok then...oh wait yeah it is as you blamed.

If you're gonna punish me fair enough, but please at least be consistent.

psycho gundam
I'm about done with you flaming every poster who you disagree. "with whom", egg thief. ;-)

Badabing
Lol yeah right Batman Prime using my fathers death as ammo in a argument 3 times is ok then...oh wait yeah it is as you blamed.

If you're gonna punish me fair enough, but please at least be consistent. I saw no reports about anything Batman Prime supposedly has done. I also never received a PM. I asked nicely that anything else be taken to a PM. Next time it will be a warning.Originally posted by psycho gundam
"with whom", egg thief. ;-) Psycho, there's a time for jokes and a time to shut it. This would be the time not to joke. Thank you.

Now, back to the thread topic.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by psycho gundam
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/psychogundam1/gifs/datbat.gif

Badabing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Dammit! I'm trying to be serious here. You had to ruin! laughing out loud

Nihilist
I saw no reports about anything Batman Prime supposedly has done. I also never received a PM. I asked nicely that anything else be taken to a PM. Next time it will be a warning. Psycho, there's a time for jokes and a time to shut it. This would be the time not to joke. Thank you.

Now, back to the thread topic. there was no warning or reports as you instantly closed the thread and blamed me a Thanos fan as the reason.

Badabing
there was no warning or reports as you instantly closed the thread and blamed me a Thanos fan as the reason. Well, it's obvious that you ignore mod requests. And citing another's bad behavior is not a reason to justisfy your own bad behavior. You were asked nicely to take this to PMs and told a warning would be issued if this continued.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Thor hasn't absorbed every energy attacked thrown at him by a foe in a sustained fight. He does it here and there, but let's not act like he would just be absorbing ALL of them. Unless of course you're going to argue that Thor has never in his entire history fought without CIS.. and thus all those showings are invalid for a CIS Thor.. But then... what showings would we use to gauge his abilities. So safe so say you won't go that route... so let's not act like Thor would absorbing everything. A few blasts that sneak in there from thanos will put Thor down.. a few shots from Thos (h2h) will put him down or at least stun him to be put down by mental attack or energy.

Thanos wins each and every time

No, Thor has never in a single fight used every single ability/power afforded to him to his utmost capability. Wouldn't be enough pages in a standard issue comic for that.

But that's the Thor we're supposed to be using per OP. If you don't like it or are arguing said Thor doesn't exist (and he doesn't), that's fine. Take it up with Carver. This is essentially "battlezone/tournament" mode Thor in which anyone can argue for Thor doing virtually anything in a fight, regardless of whether or not it's in character for him so long as he's done it on panel. I'll be the first to admit normal Thor would be beaten by Thanos normally, but this thread isn't about that. Hell, I've even admitted that should Thanos go the mental assault route, odds look to be in his favor.

But punches and energy blasts? They won't be very effective against a guy who has on panel absorbed galaxy destroying energy or made impenetrable shields or can absorb energy attacks and send them back x10 to x100 force.

That's just the reality of the situation per OP.

Mindset
We all just need to calm down and do some meth.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lxf1txI1qa1r7cf6no1_500.gif

Badabing
It's too late. My mellow has been harshed! grumpy

Mindset
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/bbbest8.gif

KuRuPT Thanosi
No, Thor has never in a single fight used every single ability/power afforded to him to his utmost capability. Wouldn't be enough pages in a standard issue comic for that.

But that's the Thor we're supposed to be using per OP. If you don't like it or are arguing said Thor doesn't exist (and he doesn't), that's fine. Take it up with Carver. This is essentially "battlezone/tournament" mode Thor in which anyone can argue for Thor doing virtually anything in a fight, regardless of whether or not it's in character for him so long as he's done it on panel. I'll be the first to admit normal Thor would be beaten by Thanos normally, but this thread isn't about that. Hell, I've even admitted that should Thanos go the mental assault route, odds look to be in his favor.

But punches and energy blasts? They won't be very effective against a guy who has on panel absorbed galaxy destroying energy or made impenetrable shields or can absorb energy attacks and send them back x10 to x100 force.

That's just the reality of the situation per OP. You're forgetting one key point.. HAVING the ability to do so.. doesn't mean you'll do so. Each and every fighter in boxing HAS the ability to block a punch or dodge a punch... Doesn't mean they CAN do so each and every time. Same thing here.. You're acting like cause thor can absorb stuff.. that he'll be able to do so or choose to do so. Not only might Thanos get blasts in before Thor can react to them.. or because Thor is attacking... Which is the point.. Sometimes you have to sacrifice defense for offense... just like in real life fights and comic book characters are no different. Now do you see where I'm going?

You're working under the premise that Thor can and will absorb each and every thing thrown his way.. that is a faulty premise and conclusion to start with.

Nihilist

That's just the reality of the situation per OP. Thor with PG was straining to absorb Thanos blast.

Silent Master
You're forgetting one key point.. HAVING the ability to do so.. doesn't mean you'll do so. Each and every fighter in boxing HAS the ability to block a punch or dodge a punch... Doesn't mean they CAN do so each and every time. Same thing here.. You're acting like cause thor can absorb stuff.. that he'll be able to do so or choose to do so. Not only might Thanos get blasts in before Thor can react to them.. or because Thor is attacking... Which is the point.. Sometimes you have to sacrifice defense for offense... just like in real life fights and comic book characters are no different. Now do you see where I'm going?

You're working under the premise that Thor can and will absorb each and every thing thrown his way.. that is a faulty premise and conclusion to start with.

Read the OP.

JakeTheBank
Thor with PG was straining to absorb Thanos blast.

Thor without the PG has absorbed or contained energies greater than that of Thanos, though.

The odds of Thor being able to defend against Thanos' energy blasts are greater than than him not being able to based on what we've seen his upper limits to be on panel, imo.

Could a stray blast get through Thor's defenses? Sure, it's possible (not likely, imo, but possible). I sure don't see Thor physically brawling with Thanos given the OP, though. In any case, Thor's better suited handling blasts and punches from Thanos than a mental assault, in which case Thor has no real defense outside of just willpower and resisting.

Nihilist
Thor without the PG has absorbed or contained energies greater than that of Thanos, though.

The odds of Thor being able to defend against Thanos' energy blasts are greater than than him not being able to based on what we've seen his upper limits to be on panel, imo.

Could a stray blast get through Thor's defenses? Sure, it's possible (not likely, imo, but possible). I sure don't see Thor physically brawling with Thanos given the OP, though. In any case, Thor's better suited handling blasts and punches from Thanos than a mental assault, in which case Thor has no real defense outside of just willpower and resisting. And Thanos has taken a gas giant explosion to the face with a smile and the effects were felt light years away yet he's been hurt by far less, comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Read the OP.

What the **** does the OP thread have to do with a thing... Floyd mayweather never suffers from BOXERINDUCEDSTUPIDITY... He fights his fight and has the best defense around... Yet he still gets hit. WTF does thor fighting to his abilities mean now he'll be able to absorb each and ever blast come in. Fighting smart doesn't mean you somehow gain abilities you didn't have... like NEVER getting hit and being able to dodge or absorb everything.. show me where that is stated in the OP

KuRuPT Thanosi

Could a stray blast get through Thor's defenses? Sure, it's possible (not likely, imo, but possible). I sure don't see Thor physically brawling with Thanos given the OP, though. In any case, Thor's better suited handling blasts and punches from Thanos than a mental assault, in which case Thor has no real defense outside of just willpower and resisting.

Since you didn't address my post.. and made this post.. I guess you're conceding it's not a given he can't block.. dodge or absorb everything like it seemed you were claiming. Working under that pretense is false and not what the OP stated.

zopzop
What the **** does the OP thread have to do with a thing... Floyd mayweather never suffers from BOXERINDUCEDSTUPIDITY... He fights his fight and has the best defense around... Yet he still gets hit. WTF does thor fighting to his abilities mean now he'll be able to absorb each and ever blast come in. Fighting smart doesn't mean you somehow gain abilities you didn't have... like NEVER getting hit and being able to dodge or absorb everything.. show me where that is stated in the OP
They're basically saying CIS is on for Thanos and Thanos only. So you have uber Celestial blast surviving, 1/5 of the universe blast absorbing, Celestial armor wrecking Thor vs a neutered Thanos.

Silent Master

Did you really just ask what the OP has to do with this thread?

JakeTheBank
This thread is CISLess off Thor using everything at his disposal to his maximum ability fighting aggressively and smart at the same time, essentially giving us a Thor that no one sane would seriously argue in a forum fight, save for a tournament where we can control the actions of said character

vs.

A normal depiction of Thanos under normal forum rules.

If people want to claim Thanos has been "neutered" or "handicapped" so Thor has a chance...well, yeah. no expression That's kind of the whole point of this thread as Thor can't beat Thanos under his own power normally.

This isn't a hard thing to grasp nor is it something to get agitated about.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Where in the opening thread did it state that Thor has the ability to dodge or absorb anything that comes his way without fail?

JakeTheBank
Since you didn't address my post.. and made this post.. I guess you're conceding it's not a given he can't block.. dodge or absorb everything like it seemed you were claiming. Working under that pretense is false and not what the OP stated.

All that needs to be said is that Thor's success ratio of defending against massive energy blasts is far greater than the times his defenses with Mjolnir have been breached or overcome. He's, on panel, defended against forces greater than Thanos, and has done so more than once to suggest it not being a random one off instance.

JakeTheBank
Where in the opening thread did it state that Thor has the ability to dodge or absorb anything that comes his way without fail?

Where did I say that? barker

Hell, all I've said is that Thanos blasting and trying to punch Thor isn't going to be very effective based on Thor's resume of feats taken to the Nth ability as opposed to a mental assault route.

Ushgarak
Nihilist, the next time you argue with mods in the threads, I will ban you. You've stretched patience to the limit there. If someone is abusive to you, report it. If you don't, you lose the right to complain that it was not noticed.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Mindset
We all just need to calm down and do some meth.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lxf1txI1qa1r7cf6no1_500.gif The best post on this board.

Damborgson
That was an interesting exchange http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/ermm.gif

Anywho, hope people aren't thinking I'm saying that Thor beats Thanos in a standard fight. Because he doesn't. But in the context of this thread, where I get to let my fanboy run free, it's hardly difficult so see why he can win. It's the point of CIS-less.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>