Riddick vs. Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FrothByte
Bane is imprisoned in that alien prison where Riddick is being held. Bane eventually gets the prisoners under his thumb but one man refuses to follow his rule. Bane challenges Riddick to a one on one fight in order to silence any doubt as to who the supreme prisoner is.

Who wins? Fight starts as purely h2h, although combatants are allowed to use any weapon/object found around the prison floor.

Newjak
Riddick wins.

the ninjak
This is actually a good fight. Riddick may seem to be superhuman...and to a degree he does have certain miracle feats.

But in such a scenario, a lightened ring and only fists to rely on. Riddick is slightly out of his element whereas Bane lives for this form of fighting.

I would also argue that Bane's punches hurt more. Though Riddick has access to items found around the prison.......What they are?????we don't know.

People have to understand that alot of Riddick's great take-downs were on fodder. He's a strategist and a mathematician in killing. It's obvious that Bane would'nt have been able to mimic the feats of killing the aliens from Pitch Black. But I'm no fan of AB Logic in battles.

I'm still giving this to Riddick though due to the fact that the OP gave me creative control over what he could get his hands on + the fact that the environment can be extremely open.

But it's no stomp.

Psychotron
Riddick.

BruceSkywalker
bald headed black dude beats bald headed british dude big grin

KingD19
Keep in mind the video games are canon to the Riddick universe overall, as Escape from Butcher Bay and Dark Athena are prequels to Pitch Black and Chronicles.

So taking into account what he's done in the movies and games, he's pretty experienced in a fight. Also he has superhuman durability and pain tolerance(shown many times throughout the movies and games), as well as strength and the Wrath of the Furyan attack, which Bane has absolutely no defense against. Riddick is also a lot faster too.

omgchos
Bane got taken down from punches to his Mask of Morphine. Since riddick is good at picking up on things quickly hes gonna realize that the mask means something, plus hed probably punch him in the face.... which is where his mask is. Which confused me to no end. Was batman only punching the top of his head in their first bought?

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Keep in mind the video games are canon to the Riddick universe overall, as Escape from Butcher Bay and Dark Athena are prequels to Pitch Black and Chronicles.

So taking into account what he's done in the movies and games, he's pretty experienced in a fight. Also he has superhuman durability and pain tolerance(shown many times throughout the movies and games), as well as strength and the Wrath of the Furyan attack, which Bane has absolutely no defense against. Riddick is also a lot faster too.

Movie feats only unfortunately...I recently refinished COR:BB again and yeah he showed insane feats. Though although regarded as canon it is still a game.

Regardless Riddick can use any object like a surgeon. He can compromise Bane's organs fairly quickly.

Batman was lame in Nolan's version. He resorted to blunt force attacks constantly. Only during the endgame did he resort to his arm blades to hit the mask.

Originally posted by omgchos
Bane got taken down from punches to his Mask of Morphine. Since riddick is good at picking up on things quickly hes gonna realize that the mask means something, plus hed probably punch him in the face.... which is where his mask is. Which confused me to no end. Was batman only punching the top of his head in their first bought?

In all fairness I doubt Riddick can compromise the mask so easily with items found around a prison. Though he will target the mask.

quanchi112
Riddick wins.

omgchos
Originally posted by the ninjak
Movie feats only unfortunately...I recently refinished COR:BB again and yeah he showed insane feats. Though although regarded as canon it is still a game.

Regardless Riddick can use any object like a surgeon. He can compromise Bane's organs fairly quickly.

Batman was lame in Nolan's version. He resorted to blunt force attacks constantly. Only during the endgame did he resort to his arm blades to hit the mask.

In all fairness I doubt Riddick can compromise the mask so easily with items found around a prison. Though he will target the mask.
Thats my point he probably would target it. And Batman managed to damage it with albeit armored hands. But if he can penetrate a sternum with a tea cup he can just pick up a rock or anything blunt if his hands dont do the job.

Kazenji
Movie feats only unfortunately...

Such stupid forum rules....

the ninjak
Originally posted by omgchos
Thats my point he probably would target it. And Batman managed to damage it with albeit armored hands. But if he can penetrate a sternum with a tea cup he can just pick up a rock or anything blunt if his hands dont do the job.

Batman had bladed wrist gauntlets. Ripped across Bane's mask. Riddick has his hands, some cups and maybe some rocks.

omgchos
Batman had bladed wrist gauntlets. Ripped across Bane's mask. Riddick has his hands, some cups and maybe some rocks.

If he had ripped banes mask apart Talia wouldnt have been able to put it back on. He puched it off. As riddick would easily do.

the ninjak
Comparing Riddick's fists to Batman's wrist blades tearing across Bane's mask isn't the best comparison.

omgchos
Comparing Riddick's fists to Batman's wrist blades tearing across Bane's mask isn't the best comparison.

Im not comparing. Im saying if he had destroyed the mask with the lades it wouldnt have still been functional. Which we know it was because Talia puts it back on him and it still works. And even if he simply took it off with the blades, Riddick would easily be able to match that with any implement. We know he can do amazing things with benign object he might find lying around.

BlackZero30x
Riddick turns out the lights and says

"Ah, you think darkness is your ally. You've merely adapted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man and by then it was only blinding!"

marwash22
Riddickulous thread.

BlackZero30x
you know marwash22 bad puns.....are the Bane of my existence...

marwash22
ahahaha. i love puns.

seriously though, Riddick wins.

wallman77
riddick god stomps, then puts on his mask with his googles to look uber badass and keeps it moving.

DTM
Eh, Ill be the one lone vote for movie Bane to win here.

KingD19
Are you voting for Bane just to be different? Because you know there's no way he wins. Not only is Riddick stronger, faster, more agile, more durable, a better fighter...well he's better than Bane at everything.

DTM
No, Im voting for Bane because I think hed beat Riddick more than not (going just off his 2 movies, not any videos games).

KingD19
How?

He's slower. He's not as strong. He has a glaring weakness in his mask, and he's nowhere near as skilled.

And even without taking off his mask, Riddick can break him more easily than Bane broke Batman.

DTM
I dont see it that way. Riddick was peak human in his abilities (didnt see anything that was superhuman, IMO), and heck in Pitch Black was an even match for Josh Lucas' space mercenary. Bane is low level superhuman strength and toughness, is a top level fighter, is amazingly smart, and is on par with Batman in stealth and overall assassin skills. Going off the films only, I see Bane being able to do anything Riddick did, I dont see Riddick beating Batman on the level Bane did.

Silent Master
Going off the films, Bane didn't really seem all that fast or skilled to me.

KingD19
He's not that fast or skilled. He was just a lot physically stronger than Batman and could shrug off his hits.

From all his feats in Pitch Black, Chronicles, and Dark Fury, Riddick stomps.

DTM
Skilled, definately hes skilled, he was a match for Batman, who weve seen is a world class combatant. Bane didnt just overpower Batman, he matched him fighting skill for skill as well. Speed, yes Riddick is faster and more agile, but thats one advantage to the many Bane has in return. Going off the 2 live action Riddick movies, Bane is capable of anything combat/fighting wise Riddick did, I dont see the same in reverse.

wallman77
Bane low level superhuman? There are no superhumans in nolanverse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.