Thot vs Queen of the Damn Vamp

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
The Vampires have taken note of Thor's arrival on earth and they want to feed on the blood of a god.

1. Akasha vs Thor
2. Akasha + Lestat vs Thor
3. Akasha + Lestat + Marius vs Thor

Can they take Thor down? Fight takes place in the woods at night.

PLx35eA2DRY

6MLBxa_gn8I

the ninjak
Depends on if Thor can tank being incinerated from the inside.

If he can he kills em.

FrothByte
I guess it depends if Thor is vulnerable to fire. If he isn't... well it's still gonna be difficult. Those vamps were hella fast. Not twilight-vamp fast, but REALLY fast. Blurring and flitting in and out of screen. Now Thor is no slouch, but movie-wise he has never displayed the kind of speed needed to keep up with these vamps.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if the vamps are strong enough to hurt him. It's never really been established just how strong these vamps are, at least in the movies. I know how strong they are from the books, but that's not allowed here.

So right now I'm not sure. I call a stalemate.

the ninjak
Originally posted by FrothByte
I guess it depends if Thor is vulnerable to fire. If he isn't... well it's still gonna be difficult. Those vamps were hella fast. Not twilight-vamp fast, but REALLY fast. Blurring and flitting in and out of screen. Now Thor is no slouch, but movie-wise he has never displayed the kind of speed needed to keep up with these vamps.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if the vamps are strong enough to hurt him. It's never really been established just how strong these vamps are, at least in the movies. I know how strong they are from the books, but that's not allowed here.

So right now I'm not sure. I call a stalemate.

So in other words. What I said. Besides the stalemate.

We all know Thor can tear the earth apart. And burst though the opposition.

Through utter blunt force or lightning bolts or tornado suckage.
Or all of the above.

BruceSkywalker
thor does to them the same thing he did to the dread destroyer

Robtard
Anne Rice vampires are faster than Twilight ones. It was explicitly stated in IWTV that they 'move faster than the human eye can see', or something to that effect.

As far as Akasha trying to burn Thor, she can only spontaneously combust other vampires, iirc.

FrothByte
Lestat and Marius here are none factors, as Akasha is easily many times far stronger and faster.

The Vamps are strong enough to go against the suction force of a tornado, or at least fast enough to get out of range. As far as hitting with lightning and hammer is concerned, he'd have to be able to hit the vamps first.

I'm changing my mind and siding with Akasha in this one. Too much speed advantage. If it was just Lestat and Marius, I'd side with Thor.

It's been a while since I watched Queen of the Damned so I'll have to review it for strength feats. In the books, one of the first generation vamps said that he had to be careful while walking among humans since he was strong enough to accidentally pulverize one if he bumped into one without care.

the ninjak
Akasha barely defeated a few of her children before being killed herself.

The club scene was a slaughterhouse considering no one did anything.

Thor can turn the entire area into a tornado, or blast the ground into a rampaging wave, or launch lightning bolts from the sky that can kill multiple targets.

Either way she and her brethren are pretty screwed.

Silent Master
I don't recall the vamps having any feats of damaging something/someone on Thor's durability level.

FrothByte
Originally posted by the ninjak
Akasha barely defeated a few of her children before being killed herself.

The club scene was a slaughterhouse considering no one did anything.

Thor can turn the entire area into a tornado, or blast the ground into a rampaging wave, or launch lightning bolts from the sky that can kill multiple targets.

Either way she and her brethren are pretty screwed.

There were at least 3 first generation vamps who fought against Akasha, each one nearly as strong as her.

I still fail to see how Thor can cope up with their speed. Akasha can fly as well.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Silent Master
I don't recall the vamps having any feats of damaging something/someone on Thor's durability level.

Agreed. But neither does Thor have feats catching/tagging anyone as fast as the vamps.

the ninjak
Agreed. But neither does Thor have feats catching/tagging anyone as fast as the vamps.

He can blast the ground beneath him and launch the vamps into the air.
Or fly above them and shoot them with lightning from high above in the sky.
Or suck them all into a huge hurricane then pound them into the ground.

Rinse and repeat. He has the feats.

Silent Master
Thor however does have AOE attacks and his reaction time was enough to block energy attacks in both movies.

Placidity
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
thor does to them the same thing he did to the dread destroyer

The Vampires can fly.

Silent Master
I don't recall any of the movie vamps flying

Placidity
I don't recall any of the movie vamps flying

I think you've been mind wiped.

Silent Master
Maybe, it's been at least 10 years since I've seen any of those movies.

Are there any clips of them actually flying?

Mindset
There were at least 3 first generation vamps who fought against Akasha, each one nearly as strong as her.

I still fail to see how Thor can cope up with their speed. Akasha can fly as well. In the book that were true, was that said in the movie that there were 3 first gen vamps?

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
In the book that were true, was that said in the movie that there were 3 first gen vamps?

I'll have to re-watch it to be sure, but from what I recall only one of them introduced herself as one of the first vamps, although it's possible the others were mentioned as well. There was a part there where stuff were being explained but I didn't really pay attention to it.. One of the others was her sister though, so that figures that they're about the same age. The three first gen vamps were I think:

Khayman
Maharet
Pandora?

Not sure about Pandora though.

the ninjak
None of those vamps are in this fight.

Akasha, Marius and Lestat are. Lestat drank her blood and got an upgrade in power level.

Now the whole speed blitz situation is not really a problem for Thor can stay in the air and can create a giant hurricane to suck them up. they aren't as heavy as the Destroyer, they are as heavy as normal humans so they go up quickly if within the influence of the wind.

Flying was interesting with the RiceVamps for they floated in some kind of shimmering odd force when they flew (watch Queen of the Damned) same could be said when they ran. They moved in blurs then needed to stop to make actions.

Louie in IwtV killed a speed blitzer with a scythe. Not very impressive.

Now Thor has awesome durability. He has only been hurt by enchanted weapons.-
-Odin's Staff blast.
-Loki's enchanted blade.

Asgardian's have taken massive damage and keep going. Volstaag survived being inside an exploding diner and just popped out like a Looney Tune, shaking it off.

I see Ironman kicking ass in such a fight. Considering people believe Akasha can only incinerate vamps. Interesting theory, fine by me.

Thor beat the crap out of Ironman without even trying. Thor fought through basic punch and grab maneuvers.

I see Thor winning this odd gauntlet all the way. The vamps would've never survived the fall from the Helicarrier.

FrothByte
Akasha can fly as well, so Thor staying up in the air isn't really an advantage. Creating a hurricane takes time, time that Thor doesn't have considering these are speed blitzers. Has Thor ever created lightning quickly in the movies? From what I recall, he needed to lift his hammer, power it up, before lightning fell. Granted it only takes a second or two but if it takes him that long to generate lightning, then it's pretty useless against speedsters like these.

Again, I don't see any way for Thor to hit this vamps. His weather manipulation powers are great but slow. On the other hand, we have no quantifiable idea just how strong the vamps (especially Akasha) are or exactly how durable Thor is. They may or may not be able to hurt him... but I'll take that gamble over the sureness of Thor not being able to hit them.

I noticed that this forum is heavily biased for superheroes, and Thor is my favorite superhero... but I realize his weaknesses and against speedsters, there' not much movie Thor can do.

Silent Master
What feats do the vamps have to suggest they can even hurt someone on Thor's durability level?

FrothByte
What feats do the vamps have to suggest they can even hurt someone on Thor's durability level?

I'll rewatch the movie and get back to you on that. On the other hand, what feats do Thor have that suggest that he can hit someone near the vamps speed?

Silent Master
Again, Thor has several AOE attacks and can fly much faster than the vamps.

FrothByte
Again, Thor has several AOE attacks and can fly much faster than the vamps.

And again, those AOE attacks are slow. Everytime they have been used it he took a few secs to prep it up, and has been against slow moving enemies. Show me proof that he's gone up against decently fast opponents. And there aren't "several" of them. He has the lightning, the hurricane, and the ground slam. What else?

Fly much faster? Maybe, but he can't levitate like they do.

Mindset
Akasha can fly as well, so Thor staying up in the air isn't really an advantage. Creating a hurricane takes time, time that Thor doesn't have considering these are speed blitzers. Has Thor ever created lightning quickly in the movies? From what I recall, he needed to lift his hammer, power it up, before lightning fell. Granted it only takes a second or two but if it takes him that long to generate lightning, then it's pretty useless against speedsters like these.

Again, I don't see any way for Thor to hit this vamps. His weather manipulation powers are great but slow. On the other hand, we have no quantifiable idea just how strong the vamps (especially Akasha) are or exactly how durable Thor is. They may or may not be able to hurt him... but I'll take that gamble over the sureness of Thor not being able to hit them.

I noticed that this forum is heavily biased for superheroes, and Thor is my favorite superhero... but I realize his weaknesses and against speedsters, there' not much movie Thor can do. It's not really a bias, they just have better feats than most movie characters.

They don't have any strength feats that I can recall.

FrothByte
Originally posted by Mindset
It's not really a bias, they just have better feats than most movie characters.

They don't have any strength feats that I can recall.

Ok I'll do this: I'll rewatch the movie and if I can't find any decent strength feats, I'll concede.

Silent Master
And again, those AOE attacks are slow. Everytime they have been used it he took a few secs to prep it up, and has been against slow moving enemies. Show me proof that he's gone up against decently fast opponents. And there aren't "several" of them. He has the lightning, the hurricane, and the ground slam. What else?

Fly much faster? Maybe, but he can't levitate like they do.

That's all he needs, the ground slam effected at least several hundred yards in every direction and the lighting took out an entire street of aliens and that's not even counting the large lighting strike he used to bottle-neck the portal. plus if he creates another tornado, the vamps won't be able to get to him, as they have no feats to support their flight power being powerful enough to let them overcome wind speed capable of sucking up cars.

Also, There is no maybe about flight speed, seeing as Thor caught up with a shield transport in Avengers and Mjolnir broke the sound barrier in Thor, BTW....Thor did levitate while in the tornado.

FrothByte
That's all he needs, the ground slam effected at least several hundred yards in every direction and the lighting took out an entire street of aliens and that's not even counting the large lighting strike he used to bottle-neck the portal. plus if he creates another tornado, the vamps won't be able to get to him, as they have no feats to support their flight power being powerful enough to let them overcome wind speed capable of sucking up cars.

Also, There is no maybe about flight speed, seeing as Thor caught up with a shield transport in Avengers and Mjolnir broke the sound barrier in Thor, BTW....Thor did levitate while in the tornado.

Ground slam won't work since the vamps will just levitate. The lightning took down a whole street of aliens that were STANDING STILL. He's gonna have hell of a time aiming and hitting blurring vamps.

The tornado is powerful though, and assuming he has enough time to build one, then the vamps can just stay out of range of the tornado, at which point it becomes a stalemate. Thor is not fast enough to generate the tornado quickly enough that the vamps are unwittingly sucked into it. He starts making that tornado, the vamps can easily just run back out of range. And if they're stupid enough to just stand there and allow Thor the time to make that whirlwind, then those vamps deserve to get destroyed for their stupidity.

There is however one bad point for the vamps though. From what I recall from both the movies and books, the vamps don't have good durability. They're durable enough to survive hits from each other but a stake through the heart still kills them I think... so if incase Thor does hit them, he shouldn't have any trouble splattering them.

To me, it's just a matter of if he can hit them.

Silent Master
If the vamps levitate to aviod the ground slam, that makes them sitting ducks for a lightning strike, lightning taking out an entire street is proof that he can fill an area with lightning, it would kind of be hard for them to dodge something if it covers the entire field.

FrothByte
If the vamps levitate to aviod the ground slam, that makes them sitting ducks for a lightning strike, lightning taking out an entire street is proof that he can fill an area with lightning, it would kind of be hard for them to dodge something if it covers the entire field.

It's not like they need to stay in one place when they levitate. They levitate and start flying around at again, blurring speeds. Thor will still have a problem hitting them.

And Thor never generated lightning that "covered the entire area/street". He generated lightning that split into 3 forks which killed three different targets.

Silent Master
Thor's reactions are fast enough to block energy attacks, do you have any proof that the vamps can fly or move faster than that?

FrothByte
Actually, forget this debate. I just finished re-watching Queen of the Damned (well skimmed through it actually), and the vamps have NO strength feats and very few speed blitz feats. They also didn't show good flight speed. I'm reminded of how bad that movie was. What a disgrace to the books.

Thor FTW!!!

Robtard
Thor's reactions are fast enough to block energy attacks, do you have any proof that the vamps can fly or move faster than that?

IWTV, they move faster than the eye can register.

Silent Master
Do they have any measurable feats?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.