Mongo VS Tyler Durden/Narrator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
Tyler Durden hosts Fight Club as usual, when a new member joins up.. it being his 1st night, he has to fight 1 on 1, h2h, no ties, no shirts in Lou's spit and sawdust basement...
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3qb8je47i1r9al9a.jpg

http://padresteve.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/blazing-saddles-mongo.gif
The new fighter is none other than Mongo (Blazing Saddles).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8cDfnQD0ws

Who will emerge victorious in the fight?

KingD19
Mongo easily.

Mindset
So Norton?

Mongo.

Sadako of Girth
Norton/Pitt, all the same deal really, isnt it..and its implied by the title of the thread..

KingD19
Durden is Norton. It's all Norton's body, even if it's Durden's personality. And either or gets KTFO by Mongo.

Mindset
Yes and no, also, maybe so.

KingD19
What do you mean no?

Durden explicitly explains that he's the personality that comes out while Narrator is asleep. That doesn't magically change Narrator's body to Brad Pitt's/Durden's. That's just how he perceives him. So yes Durden is always Narrator, it's only Narrator that sees him as Durden. Everyone else thinks Narrator is Durden. So obviously it's always been him.

Mindset
no expression

the ninjak
Point was raised recently that Pitt Durden is an indestructible figment of a mans broken mind. And can't lose fights.

Norton Durden is just a man...obviously. And loses this fight.

Sadako of Girth
So if Narrator Durden dies, you agree that Pitt Durden dies too?

If a symbolic gesture of a self inflicted gunshot wound can kill PittDurden, (who really is no physically different in reality than NarratorDurden) then arguable attempted suicide by going to fight Mongo could provide the same results..?

Mindset
The point that has been brought up is, in this vs. forum, if it's Tyler Durden being used in the fight, then Norton isn't actually involved.

Anyway, I'll ignore that and assume you just want to use Narrator with Pitt and Norton fighting feats.

So Mongo.

Robtard
While Mongo has horse KO strength, I'm not convinced that's enough to put down Durden, dude shot himself in the mouth and was still up and about.

Also, Durden is one quick fighter when angered.

Mindset
Good point.

Durden 10/10.

KingD19
Originally posted by Robtard
While Mongo has horse KO strength, I'm not convinced that's enough to put down Durden, dude shot himself in the mouth and was still up and about.

Narrator shot himself in the mouth, and Durden dies as a result. Plus a gunshot to the mouth doesn't ko lots of people. It hurts like hell, but it's usually not even enough to cause a person to go into shock. A punch that hard to the temple, skull, or chin though, and it's lights out.

the ninjak
Originally posted by KingD19
Narrator shot himself in the mouth, and Durden dies as a result. Plus a gunshot to the mouth doesn't ko lots of people. It hurts like hell, but it's usually not even enough to cause a person to go into shock. A punch that hard to the temple, skull, or chin though, and it's lights out.

True dat.

Mindset
Narrator shot himself in the mouth, and Durden dies as a result. Plus a gunshot to the mouth doesn't ko lots of people. It hurts like hell, but it's usually not even enough to cause a person to go into shock. A punch that hard to the temple, skull, or chin though, and it's lights out. Wrong, nerd.

KingD19
I'll be the first to let you know when your opinion is valid.

Placidity
Mindset, I am concerned for you.

Tzeentch._
Narrator shot himself in the mouth, and Durden dies as a result. Plus a gunshot to the mouth doesn't ko lots of people. It hurts like hell, but it's usually not even enough to cause a person to go into shock. Source?

Newjak
Mongo survived the exploding Cigar trick, he eats Durden for breakfest

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Robtard

In Mongo's case: If you shoot him you'll just make him mad!

I'm becoming convinced, especially if he survived the 1st shot...I reckon the second would probably KO/shatter Durden's jaw (like Mongo shatters steel chains)..

And for a guy that big, Mongo slings em bloody quick himself...as Mr.Ed found out...

Impediment
RIP Alex Karras.

"Mongo only pawn....in game of life."

Mindset
I'll be the first to let you know when your opinion is valid. Silence, you rogue Doombot.Originally posted by Placidity
Mindset, I am concerned for you. Who are you?

KingD19
I am Doom!!

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment
RIP Alex Karras.

"Mongo only pawn....in game of life."

Aye man. I heard that last night. Sad news. sad
Utterly immortal as Mongo though. And what a line that is, with awesome and profound delivery. smile

Robtard

Tyler was an imagined persona. The self inflicted gunshot served as means for the narrator to ride himself of his split personality.

1) Where's your source for people not only surviving taking at shot into the mouth but being up and about as being common, as you seem to imply?

2) There's likely far more people to survive a punch to the temple than a shot into the head. At least I'd imagine.

Robtard
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
In Mongo's case: If you shoot him you'll just make him mad!

I'm becoming convinced, especially if he survived the 1st shot...I reckon the second would probably KO/shatter Durden's jaw (like Mongo shatters steel chains)..

And for a guy that big, Mongo slings em bloody quick himself...as Mr.Ed found out...

Truth enough, I barely recall Mongo's feats.

Sadako of Girth
Fair play, Guv...

If you're knocked out whilst standing by the likely fatal initial shot (especially with a Mongo shot), the secondary damage of smashing the head on the floor when falling is likely to finish it. Plenty of tragic streetfights/ambushes have ended that way over here.

fwNJla8WvoY

R-VB3J1riq8

The locals speak of their worry of Mongo caused incidents in which women are stampeded, and Cattle are raped.

Robtard
Yeah, alright, Mongo's like a Looney Tunes character. Mongo hits the Narrator so hard the Narrator shits out the Tyler Durden persona and then Mongo proceeds to beat him to death.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.