Rogue Vs Wonder Woman!Do You Agree w/ this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Igniz
This is the video I found in YouTube.

Deathbattle!-Rogue Vs Wonder Woman

4OU-6G-oIdQ

As the title of this thread suggests, do you agree with how they came to the decision of who won the battle?

Placidity
Saw that awhile ago.

It's rubbish.

WW too fast and strong.

bluewaterrider
Gotta disagree.

In a KMC versus match, I might agree; Wonder Woman 2010 is too fast and strong for Rogue to win against without power absorption.

But KMC matches assume general knowledge of any given opponent.
So in a KMC match, Diana would know that Rogue can absorb the strength and abilities of anyone she touches with her bare skin.

And so Diana would avoid hand to hand combat.

But this strange YouTube match doesn't make any mention of the special "common" knowledge we all have of Rogue.

Diana apparently does NOT know that Rogue can do what Rogue does whenever she makes bare-skinned contact, and, indeed, would have no reason to. From casual appearance, Rogue presents as scarcely more or less than ... Cassandra Sandsmark Wonder Girl.

Flight, superstrength, heroic resolve, good looks ...
how much more generic can a superhero present themselves?

The desire to close and grapple is mutual here. It's Rogue's modus operandi, especially given that she can now control the effects her touch has on people, including whether or not it debilitates them (and, perhaps, herself as well?).

As for Diana, she's easily one of the most physical heroines around.
Only questions are how much in character this YouTube match has Diana acting in accordance to, and just how deadly this so-called "Death Match" is supposed to be.

In character Diana's first response is talk and avoid confrontation.
When that fails, she goes for the lasso and containment route, still seeking peacful resolution. When that fails she goes for personal physical force, still wanting things to work out, but now using her often superior strength to MAKE her opponent calm down.

When her opponent is irredeemable, or the situation at last too desperate for both people to realistically walk away alive, then comes the SERIOUS tactics, the killing or crippling strikes, the sword, axe, and other weapons, the razor Tiara, and the lightning of Zeus.

If, in this match, the hosters are proposing she does this off the bat against Rogue, yes, Rogue dies.
If, in character, lasso and capture does the trick, Diana again wins, and Rogue keeps her life and health.
If, equally in character, however, Diana decides to handle Rogue hand-to-hand, as she chooses to do in about 75% of her "standard" engagements ... Rogue wins. Diana has no reason to think "flying brickwoman #117 should give her any more trouble than Cassandra Sandsmark or Kara Zor-el or the 115 supergirls before them.

Unknown Rogue for a relatively close split, with the losses she suffers coming when Diana simply opts to tie Rogue to the nearest mountain.

-Pr-
Wonder Woman should win. For Rogue to get any decent amount of power from Wonder Woman or to weaken Diana enough, she's going to have to do more than take punches.

Diana for a solid majority, imo.

bluewaterrider
P.R., stick around a sec, please.

Want to know where 2 scenes from that video are taken from, and think you might know the answer. Give me a moment to process some screen captures for you ...

bluewaterrider
'Kay.

Here they are.

Screen capture #1 (Juggernaut versus Rogue, hand-to-hand) ...

bluewaterrider
... and #2.

Rogue with the powers (presumably) of Colossus, Psylocke, and Archangel ...

nwg202
Rouge can drain Thor. So I personally think she can drain Diana. She was also able to drain some power from Cain.

The only problem is the lasso and if she can stand up to the initial blitz that Diana unleashes. Can miss marvel survive a couple of min against Diana?

bluewaterrider
Ahk!

2nd one wouldn't go through. Let me try again ...

-Pr-
The first one is fanart:

http://sweetjimmy.deviantart.com/art/Rogue-vs-Juggernaut-46036532

The second one... i'll get back to you.

as far as Ms. Marvel goes, I dunno. I'm sure she'd survive, but not for long enough that it would make a difference.

-Pr-
It's X-Men Legacy 235.

nwg202
Yeah, I'm not sure what the biggest punch rouge has taken w/o getting k.o.ed

I remember her getting punched into orbit by Binary w/o getting knocked out. I don't know how much contact is needed to start draining too...

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by -Pr-

The second one is X-Men Legacy 235.

The first one is ... FANart:

http://sweetjimmy.deviantart.com/art/Rogue-vs-Juggernaut-46036532

icon5 !

Can't believe you located both of these.
The Legacy one I expected; you're familiar with the happenings of X-Men comics; but the second ...!

Thanks. I really didn't know where that was from.
Thought it might have been from a new show or even one of those late-night Cartoon Network-style spoofs of the cartoons.

What really shocks me is that you actually found the fanart entry and its location
FASTER than the one with an actual Marvel Comics book source!

hmmm
(Actually, given that you found something THAT obscure and managed to post back to me in less than 60 seconds ... I'm not sure if I should merely be impressed right now ... or scared.)

stick out tongue

Teasing! Thanks again, P.R.

Astner
Death Battle tend to feature gimmicky fights. This one is obviously no exception. The pre-battle analysis is more of an excuse of justifying why one character ultimately will win over the other than to provide actual insight.

That said, even though I disagree with the result, this is definitely one of the more accurately depicted battles.

Badabing
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
icon5 !

Can't believe you located both of these.
The Legacy one I expected; you're familiar with the happenings of X-Men comics; but the second ...!

Thanks. I really didn't know where that was from.
Thought it might have been from a new show or even one of those late-night Cartoon Network-style spoofs of the cartoons.

What really shocks me is that you actually found the fanart entry and its location
FASTER than the one with an actual Marvel Comics book source!

hmmm
(Actually, given that you found something THAT obscure and managed to post back to me in less than 60 seconds ... I'm not sure if I should merely be impressed right now ... or scared.)

stick out tongue

Teasing! Thanks again, P.R. Kissing up to Pr won't save you from my wrath!

Prepare yourself for a reckoning.

Here it comes...

durfist

Odekahn
If rogue has the ms marvel powers she wins IMO.

If not Diana stomps... Hard.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
... and #2.

Rogue with the powers (presumably) of Colossus, Psylocke, and Archangel ...

It's from the Second Coming event. She absorbed the powers of Wolverine, X-23, Colossus, Betsy and Warren.

Zack Fair
Isn't it kind of redundant to absorb Logan AND Laura's powers?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Isn't it kind of redundant to absorb Logan AND Laura's powers?

Foot claws stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.