KMC Battle Royale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
Pr, Bada, and Newjak have grown bored as mods. Tapping into their vast multiverse levels of power, they have decided to pit their friends in a royal death match for their enjoyment. To even the odds, each KMCer has been merged with a formidable DC or Marvel character. Remember, consider them an amalgam complete in every way just the KMCer is in control. This is the ultimate battle to decide both which poster and set of powers will prevail. Will Jake give Blue the Hammer? Will Mindset rape Digi? Cast your votes!

The Contestants:

Blair Wind- Green Lantern Hal (With Kyle's old ring - that is technically Jordan's anyway - that doesn't need recharge or is affected by yellow. He can access his Lantern from a pocket dimension if need be.)

vs

Abhilegend - Superman (the skies are cloudless and the match will perpetually take place during an endless day)

vs

Mindset - Doom (can fly without depleting energy reserves of any kind)

vs

JaketheBank - Thor (no Blake connection so the hammer can be out of his hand indefinitely)

vs

Digi - Adam Warlock (no insta soul tricks or BFR, but Soul gem is in play - mostly for the blasts)

vs

Bluewaterrider - Wonder Woman (bracers, lasso, tiara, and sword)

The contestants get 5 minutes prep with which they can use their own powers - no outside equipment can be brought in. All versions can use classic levels (no pre-crisis). They fight in a large arena the size of a football field. There is an invisible forcefield that will not allow them to go farther than the lower atmosphere (ground to air). No BFR. All other KMCers are safely watching from seats where Carver is selling hotdogs and popcorn.

Edit:

You can apply feats that should be applicable to you from other individuals - unless they themselves are different, amped, or have some additional perk you do not. Therefore, feat exchange (using common sense as to what is applicable) is on

Mindset
So does Doom get my abilities as well?

JakeTheBank
Doom + rapist supreme abilities makes this a spite thread waiting to happen. sneer

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Mindset
So does Doom get my abilities as well?

No no expression

Mindset
Don't you post edit on me!

Blair Wind
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbl3tddRUI1r6xgia.gif

Mindset
I have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. I will look for you, I will find you, and I will rape you.

Blair Wind
Last time I made one of these you cried because you weren't included. Now you want to rape me because I won't allow you access to your rape powers. no expression

Go after Blue, he has boobs (you get a special 69x power multiplier against him and him alone) thumb up

Mindset
Are you calling me a baby?

ARE YOU CALLING ME A PHUCKING BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/cry.gif

Blair Wind
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcohpvAJV41r6h22v.gif

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4a5dafUDl1rody9mo1_400.gif

Galan007
Doom wins.

Mindset has nothing to do with that. thumb up

Digi
The limited size of the battlefield, and the fact that I can't teleport away and wait for the field to thin, both hurt me.

Here's my play: I teleport on top of Blair/GL, hit him with a karmic blast that will skewer his concentration (which is, almost by definition, what the ability does). I kill the now human-level Hal and take his ring.

I then have a GL ring, and a fighting chance.

That's the only way I see myself having a shot here. The limited size of the battlefield favors Thor and Superman. I'd give them the best odds.

Alternatively, assuming it's not banned, I transport everyone into Soul World, where I am essentially God. Then you're all in trouble.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Digi
I teleport on top of Blair Typical.

Mindset
laughing out loud

Digi
Well I'm certainly not teleporting beneath him. no expression

I thought about a "soul-sucking" innuendo as well. But that seemed a bit too much of a stretch.

Blair Wind
A few things -

At classic levels, you wouldn't be able to one shot me because of the auto-shields. I'd also go in with my own shields up with a kind of squishy bubble shield that rebounds the energy - of a punch or attack - back at you instead of a purely hard shield so it can't be broken with a well-placed punch.

Besides, we do have 5 minutes prep Digi. Hal, Stel, and Kyle have all transformed themselves before. If I was actually in that situation, my first instinct would probably be to scan the GL database for Kryptonian DNA sequences and then tell the ring to transform me. So I wouldn't be human level Hal - I'd transform myself into a Kryptonian. I'd then tell the ring to auto fire on anything that comes within my general area (John has done this before).

I haven't decided if I want to write up a whole entire scenario as to what I would actually do in this battle - but I definitely wouldn't go down as easy as you seem to think I would Digi.

Mindset
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I definitely wouldn't go down as easy as you seem to think I would Digi. mhmm

Philosophía
Digi needs to buy him dinner first. Maybe some flowers.

Then the plowing begins.

carver9
He is making Digi fight for it.

abhilegend
I erase them all from existance in a fraction of a nanosecond.
dur

Blair Wind
Remember that everyone here has participated in a tournament or has debated in a thread before. It's not just about their powers (though I tried to tie it to someone they know best), but how the KMCer thinks and acts.

You think you can predict how the others might use their powers? What odds do you give people based on their personalities + powers (not just powers)?

8swords
oh crap!, wheres carver/Rage/hulk in this? laughing laughing

JakeTheBank
Carv's selling concessions.

Mindset
Well while Digi and BW are having gay sex I kill them.

Mindset
Also, Jake is a Doombot, so...looks like I win.

JakeTheBank
Also, Jake is a Doombot, so...looks like I win.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/DoomLOL.jpg

DarkSaint85
Remember that everyone here has participated in a tournament or has debated in a thread before. It's not just about their powers (though I tried to tie it to someone they know best), but how the KMCer thinks and acts.

Abhiman wins then.

Mindset
This is how I see it:

Abhi will be jerking off in front of a mirror at the realization that he is Superman.

Digi and BW are evidently going to being some kind of homosexual escapade.

Jake is a Doombot.

And I'm Doom, so I win automatically.

Blair Wind
Abhi will be jerking off in front of a mirror at the realization that he is Superman. Digi and BW are evidently going to being some kind of homosexual escapade. Jake is a Doombot. And I'm Doom, so I win automatically.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset is going to go around yelling "I'm RAPE MAN BITCHES!"

And then get his head cut off by Wonder Woman.

Mindset dies first.

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Abhiman wins then.

No offense to Abhi, but there are top notch tactical/strategic fighters (using past tournament experience) here. Jake and Digi especially have my respect in being able to effectively utilize their characters.

Mindset
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset dies first.
You obviously don't know how raping works, I'll show you.

I think everyone is going to try to take BW out first and take his ring.

DarkSaint85
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset dies first.

No offense to Abhi, but there are top notch tactical/strategic fighters (using past tournament experience) here. Jake and Digi especially have my respect in being able to effectively utilize their characters.

Oh I know, and I've seen the others' debating.

But in India, you have sliced bread, and then you have Superman.

DarkSaint85

His......anal ring?

Mindset
His......anal ring? Does he have another ring?

DarkSaint85
I wondered why it glowed green.

Blair Wind

Bruce is going to throw his strap-on into the field and Wonder Woman is going to use it on you.

Mindset
Bruce is going to throw his strap-on into the field and Wonder Woman is going to use it on you. I am the Patron of Rapists.

WW would be sexually assaulted as soon as the fight started and out of commission.

abhilegend
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset dies first.

No offense to Abhi, but there are top notch tactical/strategic fighters (using past tournament experience) here. Jake and Digi especially have my respect in being able to effectively utilize their characters. Originally posted by abhilegend
I erase them all from existance in a fraction of a nanosecond.
dur

Badabing
I am the Patron of Rapists.

WW would be sexually assaulted as soon as the fight started and out of commission. Cripes...laughing out loud

pym-ftw
laughing out loud

Philosophía
Mindset sounds like a great guy to be naked around.

-Pr-
Well, Superman got short-changed... mmm

DarkSaint85
I change my answer.

Abhiman would attempt to do something, only to find that wasn't what he actually did last time, then get punched out.

Doomset is actually not the real thing. Gets punched out.

Digi Warlock wishes he was JaketheHammer. Gets punched out.

Lantern Blair wins.

JaketheHammer, in a sense of his own self worth, and believing he hasn't been nerfed, gets taken out.

WonderBlue, despite having lost, still stubbornly clings to Doomset's leg, mouthing off about how she's gonna thrash him. Then brain damage sets in, and she goes off on a tangent about the Iliad or something. And yes, there is a reason why this paragraph is the longest one. I have attached clickable links and indexable pictures detailing it.

abhilegend
I change my answer.

Abhiman would attempt to do something, only to find that wasn't what he actually did last time, then get punched out.

Lantern Blair wins.

JaketheHammer, in a sense of his own self worth, and believing he hasn't been nerfed, gets taken out.

WonderBlue, despite having lost, still stubbornly clings to Doomset's leg, mouthing off about how she's gonna thrash him. Then brain damage sets in, and she goes off on a tangent about the Iliad or something. And yes, there is a reason why this paragraph is the longest one. I have attached clickable links and indexable pictures detailing it.
hysterical2

JakeTheBank
I change my answer.

Lantern Blair wins.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9Ml_HqDxWX4/T2t_Epa31aI/AAAAAAAAA28/Z8yCp7KAzHc/s180/black-wrestler-gif-smiling.gif

Mindset
This Blair fanboy...

Digi
Well this turned into a sh*tshow.

I still think the battlefield favors certain opponents. Creativity will mean less when we're essentially stuffed into the same location. Like, if Jake unleashes a Godblast to start the fight, he might win. There's not enough room to avoid it. Soul gem or not, I'm a bit outgunned. I've also used Warlock as effectively as anyone in KMC history in an old tourney, but circumstances dictated a lot of our strategies. Here...I'd pull you all into Soul World (which Blair still hasn't banned, and IS a sure win for me). Or I'd go invisible (I think I can do that, even with the enhanced senses and magic in this fight) and hope to survive long enough to pick off the survivors. Those are my avenues of attack. The prep favors Blair and Mindset. The battlefield favors Abhi and Jake. Unless my soul world ploy is allowed, the winner is coming from among those.

Mindset
Digi, we should team up, you can trust me.

First we take out Blair and you get his GL ring, then we'll take out abhi with my our magic, Jake will probably jump in too and kill (Abhi) Supes. We'll team up and take on (Jake) Thor, team work is key!

Then I kill you when your back is turned, take the ring and beat (Jake)Thor.

Sound like a plan, buddy!? eek!

JakeTheBank
Seeing as how the Godblast really only takes seconds to charge and fire, I'm pretty sure I can create an impenetrable force field/barrier, and with my prep time, summon my Asgardian life force and then as soon as the match starts let it rip.

There's probably like two or three people with the defenses who could shield them from an attack such as that from the beginning of the match and even then, it's doubtful they'd be in fighting condition afterword.

I could also just create a barrier and watch as everyone kills each other to death as I laugh.

Probably coming down between Blair, myself, and Mindset. I have a feeling everyone is going to kill Abhi.

DarkSaint85
See, I thought Abhi and you would team up, Jake....then do battle after. Made sense, you two haven't fought online, he kinda respects you at least...

JakeTheBank
See, I thought Abhi and you would team up, Jake....then do battle after. Made sense, you two haven't fought online, he kinda respects you at least...

We've had our disagreements, but I've not had any outright hate for the guy or anything. Doesn't mean this is going to turn into the Asgardian/Kryptonian power hour, though. stick out tongue

Anyway, I probably wouldn't team up with much anyone as outside Blair, I have the best means of attacking everyone all at once within moments, which also negate the speed advantages of Abhi. I also have the most complete defenses (save besides Blair).

JakeTheBank
The prep time also certainly benefits Blair and Mindset. Possibly Digi, as well if he's able to come up with something crafty ala Warlock. Abhi and Blue don't really have much they can do realistically. I can create barriers or vortexes around myself or others and begin to effect the battlefield with adverse conditions or just charge up the energy needed to basically nuke the field with a variety of energy attacks or insane planetary scope storms to ensure there's no way around it.

The actual battlefield probably helps me and Blair the most due to the two of us having the overall power output and range superiority.

Mindset
All I know is that I'm getting that goddamn gl ring.

Kyle's ring + Doom + me.

Game over.

abhilegend
So, who's going to survive when I erase them from existence at such speeds that none of them can even react?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_NanosecondInteraction1.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/th_NanosecondInteraction2.jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090215064528/marvel_dc/images/6/69/Final_Crisis_7_Superman_shatters_Darkseid.JPG

Mindset
Me, then I'll punch your face off.

Nibedicus
In all seriousness, I'd vote for Abhi-man. Guy knows his sheet. Plus Supes has the necessary powers to take this on his own, tbh.

JakeTheBank
Everyone.

Mindset
Originally posted by Nibedicus
In all seriousness, I'd vote for Abhi-man. Guy knows his sheet. Plus Supes has the necessary powers to take this on his own, tbh. In all seriousness, suck on my dick, dude.

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
So, who's going to survive when I erase them from existence at such speeds that none of them can even react?

Me, and I'll shed a tear for the house of el that you'd just dishonoured.

sneer

In all seriousness, suck on my dick, dude.

You realise if he reports you, language like that can get you in trouble...

Mindset
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu0vx1I0u71qbvmhfo2_500.gif

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
Me, and I'll shed a tear for the house of el that you'd just dishonoured.

sneer

You aren't the authority of house of el anymore.
ha-som

Nibedicus
In all seriousness, suck on my dick, dude.

http://i.imgur.com/4oZT8.gif

Mindset
Reported.

Pr, ban him.

-Pr-
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu0vx1I0u71qbvmhfo2_500.gif

sad

You aren't the authority of house of el anymore.
ha-som

You're going to have to do more than that if you want to challenge the powers that be.

Reported.

Pr, ban him.

mmm

Might be about that time, yes.

abhilegend
sad

You're going to have to do more than that if you want to challenge the powers that be.

mmm

Might be about that time, yes. Who said I'm challenging you?

Nibedicus
Might be about that time, yes.

http://i.imgur.com/6rVHw.jpg

-Pr-
Who said I'm challenging you?

Philo?

Originally posted by Nibedicus
http://i.imgur.com/6rVHw.jpg

I sorry bro.

JakeTheBank
That'd be messed up.

After all the times Phil has come to Abhi's rescue, he turns around and tries to usurp his position among the Superfans? Cold blooded.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
That'd be messed up.

After all the times Phil has come to Abhi's rescue, he turns around and tries to usurp his position among the Superfans? Cold blooded.

Yep.

Nibedicus
I sorry bro.

http://i.imgur.com/ktiRM.gif

Newjak
hmm

I don't want to see hugging and apologies in this thread, I want blood and tears littering the ground from the fresh corpses of everyone.

I also have a feeling that Blair is coming with a plan so crazy it just might work stick out tongue

Blair Wind
Well this turned into a sh*tshow.

I still think the battlefield favors certain opponents. Creativity will mean less when we're essentially stuffed into the same location. Like, if Jake unleashes a Godblast to start the fight, he might win. There's not enough room to avoid it. Soul gem or not, I'm a bit outgunned. I've also used Warlock as effectively as anyone in KMC history in an old tourney, but circumstances dictated a lot of our strategies. Here...I'd pull you all into Soul World (which Blair still hasn't banned, and IS a sure win for me). Or I'd go invisible (I think I can do that, even with the enhanced senses and magic in this fight) and hope to survive long enough to pick off the survivors. Those are my avenues of attack. The prep favors Blair and Mindset. The battlefield favors Abhi and Jake. Unless my soul world ploy is allowed, the winner is coming from among those.

Read the OP: "No insta-Soul/BRF". I was talking about Soul World.

Digi
Read the OP: "No insta-Soul/BRF". I was talking about Soul World.

I thought maybe you were just referring to removing everyone's souls, another trick that would work if it weren't for the stips. But yeah, I expected that.

Superman's speed doesn't mean much here. There's prep, so GL has Kryptonian physique and auto-shields, Doom has shields and probably a time spell to slow everything down, I'm completely invisible in ways that enhanced senses can't detect (only Doom would have a shot at detecting me), and Thor has shielding up and no one's stopping a Godblast from happening anyway.

Abhi might get in a quickie with Blue before all hell breaks loose, but then he's at the mercy of attacks that can kill him.

Related: My vote remains Thor, Doom, or GL, despite wishing I could do more to win myself.

abhilegend
I thought maybe you were just referring to removing everyone's souls, another trick that would work if it weren't for the stips. But yeah, I expected that.

Superman's speed doesn't mean much here. There's prep, so GL has Kryptonian physique and auto-shields, Doom has shields and probably a time spell to slow everything down, I'm completely invisible in ways that enhanced senses can't detect (only Doom would have a shot at detecting me), and Thor has shielding up and no one's stopping a Godblast from happening anyway.

Abhi might get in a quickie with Blue before all hell breaks loose, but then he's at the mercy of attacks that can kill him.

Related: My vote remains Thor, Doom, or GL, despite wishing I could do more to win myself.
Shields don't prevent you from being erased from existence and I can create anti particles which can destroy shields which can't be taken down by even black holes. As for blair's daxam strategy, he didn't do it consicously. Daxamites don't get superman level powers anyway, they have been at power girl's power level since JSA:OWAW. Time dilation wouldn't do squat here, superman did that feat in total time stop. Godblast is too slow at superman's speed level anyway. If I really want to prep, I would bring everyone to theta state and beat everyone down using their own powers or turn them vegetables locking them in a dream state. Superman can see the whole EM spectrum and beyond like seeing world in quantum energy patterns, I doubt warlock can hide his quantum signature. Also theta state would pull everyone in itself.

Blair Wind
Shields don't prevent you from being erased from existence and I can create anti particles which can destroy shields which can't be taken down by even black holes. As for blair's daxam strategy, kyle no longer had his special ring (ganthet made him a new ring in SCW) and neither did he do it consicously the first time. Daxamites don't get superman level powers anyway, they have been at power girl's power level since JSA:OWAW. Time dilation wouldn't do squat here, superman did that feat in total time stop. Godblast is too slow at superman's speed level anyway. If I really want to prep, I would bring everyone to theta state and beat everyone down using their own powers or turn them vegetables locking them in a dream state. Superman can see the whole EM spectrum and beyond like seeing world in quantum energy patterns, I doubt warlock can hide his quantum signature. Also theta state would pull everyone in itself.

huh? confused

You're talking about Kyle creating real living constructs during Circle of Fire, right? Not what I said I would do and either way I said in the OP I had the special ring.

Just curious, how do you create anti-particles? I've never seen Superman do that. I wouldn't be surprised if Doom has anti-blasts or Thor has some showing with them, but I know that GL's can turn into anti-matter (Stel's done it).

As far as Theta State - I've seen him do that move against two foes (Eradicator, Dominus) both of which went to that level with him. How does he push us there? How does he trap us in our own minds? As a GL at least I know I can put up telepathic protection up (since that is what I equate torquasm vo to). I'm sure the others can as well (especially Doom). And isn't Wonder Woman immune with the eyes of pallas?

Digi, show him how invisible you can be!

Digi
Lol, well, Thor can also create anti-matter, and I've actually seen that scan. I'd be interested to see the Superman equivalent.

Warlock's ability to conceal himself is conceptual. The level of sensory detail is meaningless. If I remember correctly, he was able to conceal himself from an IG wielder. I'll look for scans eventually; don't have time at work. But unfortunately, that tactic only prolongs my survival, so I'm not as motivated as if I saw a clear path to victory.

abhilegend
huh? confused

You're talking about Kyle creating real living constructs during Circle of Fire, right? Yep. I edited it and the prep time is too short for you to sleep and create daxamite constructs in your dream.stick out tongue

Not yet. Of course, you haven't. Unless they can turn their shields into anti matter, that wouldn't help them. No feat exchange.

Eradicator did but he has more knowledge of T-vo then superman. Superman drew dominus, satannus and Adversary involuntarily. He just had to extend it, it just pulls everything even a robot. He defeated dominus by trapping him in a dream. Its not telepathy. It isn't telepathy in the first place.

He does that and I would show how much superman can see with his eyes.

Digi
Abhi, don't drain the fun from this. Comments like "of course you haven't" are completely unnecessary. Inform us, don't be a condescending ass.

On your points, your rebuttal doesn't sway my opinion of Warlock's invisibility. It has nothing to do with vision powers. I'm also dubious that we'd ALL be in T-Vo (especially people like Doom who have a dozen different magical blocks and barriers in place against that sort of thing), especially before the battle started. Doing it in a vacuum is one thing. Doing in on a football field with 6 mid-to-high heralds unleashing their best attacks all at once is quite another.

DarkSaint85
Abhi, don't drain the fun from this. Comments like "of course you haven't" are completely unnecessary. Inform us, don't be a condescending ass.

On your points, your rebuttal doesn't sway my opinion of Warlock's invisibility. It has nothing to do with vision powers. I'm also dubious that we'd ALL be in T-Vo (especially people like Doom who have a dozen different magical blocks and barriers in place against that sort of thing), especially before the battle started. Doing it in a vacuum is one thing. Doing in on a football field with 6 mid-to-high heralds unleashing their best attacks all at once is quite another.

Question - does Warlock still breathe? Or is it like you said, purely conceptual?

Newjak
So right now we have

Gl: I'm gonna Daxamite my way through

Warlock: Hiding until he can't hide anymore

Thor: Is a firing his laser

Superman: Is off in a corner telling people what he is gonna do to them

Doom: Is shouting Rape to everyone

hmmm

Digi
Question - does Warlock still breathe? Or is it like you said, purely conceptual?

Classic Warlock is "beyond Order and Chaos," in a not-clearly-defined abstract sense, which is a fancy way of giving him PIS powers. The rules of causal reality don't apply to him in traditional ways. Applications of this concept include no-selling a "reality storm" that KO'd the rest of the Infinity Watch and hiding his presence from abstract-level beings.

Newjak
Originally posted by Newjak
So right now we have

Warlock: Hiding until he can't hide anymore

Thor: Is a firing his laser

Superman: Is off in a corner telling people what he is gonna do to them

Doom: Is shouting Rape to everyone

hmmm Bottom of Page stick out tongue

abhilegend

Of course I was joking. I'm having fun as well, hence the smilies. Just gimme a minute. You give the reason why warlock can be invisible, I would try to sway you. It matters little what doom has, it isn't on his choice. Doing it to a universal level reality warper on the fly would be suffice methinks and I would've already extended it on the whole battlefield in a fraction of a nanosecond.

abhilegend
Classic Warlock is "beyond Order and Chaos," in a not-clearly-defined abstract sense, which is a fancy way of giving him PIS powers. The rules of causal reality don't apply to him in traditional ways. Applications of this concept include no-selling a "reality storm" that KO'd the rest of the Infinity Watch and hiding his presence from abstract-level beings.
That doesn't mean anything in this case, thanos is invisible to the abstracts in the same way because he's "beyond order and chaos". Here is superman creating anti matter

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8958/ccf0120201100002.th.jpg

Blair Wind
Yep. I edited it and the prep time is too short for you to sleep and create daxamite constructs in your dream.stick out tongue

Like I said, I'm not doing that. smile

Doesn't apply to me. We have the exact same weapon, my experience with GL powers would be the exact same as Hal's - who is a veteran - except that Blair Wind is in control. This means my own knowledge comes into effect; if I know a GL has done something in the past, I can certainly do the same thing.

So right now we have

hmmm

I'm confused as to why people think I'm creating a Daxamite - I certainly never said that.

That doesn't mean anything in this case, thanos is invisible to the abstracts in the same way because he's "beyond order and chaos". Here is superman creating anti matter

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8958/ccf0120201100002.th.jpg

If he using his HV against a vacuum/black hole though? That would require a variable you don't have.

abhilegend
Like I said, I'm not doing that. smile Ok.

It does. Supergirl once stopped an earthquake by whistling, superman hasn't done anything like that despite better powers and better experience. No. Feats between characters even with the same powersets aren't exchangable.

Blame digi.

He is using it on a force-field
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8465/ccf0120201100001.th.jpg

Blair Wind
Ok.

It does. Supergirl once stopped an earthquake by whistling, superman hasn't done anything like that despite better powers and better experience. No. Feats between characters even with the same powersets aren't exchangable.

Blame digi.

He is using it on a force-field
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8465/ccf0120201100001.th.jpg

My thread, and as long as I'm not abusing it, my rules. This applies to everyone on the battlefield - otherwise the person inhabiting the characters doesn't matter at all. I want our KMC persona's to matter in the fight. You can apply feats that should be applicable to you from other individuals - unless they themselves are different, amped, or have some additional perk you do not.

Digi
Impressive. But yeah, it seems situational.

That doesn't mean anything in this case, thanos is invisible to the abstracts in the same way because he's "beyond order and chaos".

Iirc, this is only ever applied to Warlock. Thanos has no such distinction. As such, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I also fail to see how it invalidates my tactic. This argument doesn't suddenly make enhanced senses able to see someone who can hide from an abstract reality warper.

To be clear, I don't win this fight. I just don't see it. My point about invisibility stands, though.

I can't believe the nanosecond T-Vo. It strains credulity. You have a decent chance to win this fight (my vote's still with Thor), but that's not the way I see you doing it.

Digi
I never even used the word Daxamite until now. Ya'll need a better knowledge of GL's.

abhilegend
My thread, and as long as I'm not abusing it, my rules. This applies to everyone on the battlefield - otherwise the person inhabiting the characters doesn't matter at all. I want our KMC persona's to matter in the fight. You can apply feats that should be applicable to you from other individuals - unless they themselves are different, amped, or have some additional perk you do not.
Sorry boss, you can make the rules but can't suspend the existing forum rules. Gaining experience is one thing, gaining feats from other characters is another. If a mod says so, I would accept it. Untill then no.Originally posted by Digi
Impressive. But yeah, it seems situational.

Iirc, this is only ever applied to Warlock. Thanos has no such distinction. As such, I'm not sure what you're referring to.

I also fail to see how it invalidates my tactic. This argument doesn't suddenly make enhanced senses able to see someone who can hide from an abstract reality warper.

To be clear, I don't win this fight. I just don't see it. My point about invisibility stands, though.

I can't believe the nanosecond T-Vo. It strains credulity. You have a decent chance to win this fight (my vote's still with Thor), but that's not the way I see you doing it.
No, its not.

No, in the first cosmic wars Chaos and Order sent Spider-man to revive warlock because Thanos was invisible to them due to being "Out of laws of chaos and order". Kronos created drax to kill thanos because he is invisible to him and other abstracts.

It invalidates them because abstracts being unable to sense warlock has nothing to do with superman detecting him via an EM scan. Apples and oranges unless you think that superman can't detect thanos too.

Its totally usable, whether it strains credulity or not.

DarkSaint85
Sorry boss, you can make the rules but can't suspend the existing forum rules. Gaining experience is one thing, gaining feats from other characters is another. If a mod says so, I would accept it. Untill then no.
No, its not.

No, in the first cosmic wars Chaos and Order sent Spider-man to revive warlock because Thanos was invisible to them due to being "Out of laws of chaos and order". Kronos created drax to kill thanos because he is invisible to him and other abstracts.

It invalidates them because abstracts being unable to sense warlock has nothing to do with superman detecting him via an EM scan. Apples and oranges unless you think that superman can't detect thanos too.

What's stopping Blair Lantern from doing it, then?

abhilegend
I never even used the word Daxamite until now. Ya'll need a better knowledge of GL's.
You said that Blair would have kryptonian level stats via prep. That only means turning himself in a daxamite.

I have a decent GL knowledge myself. I've read every GL story post crisis though.

Digi
You said that Blair would have kryptonian level stats via prep. That only means turning himself in a daxamite.

I have a decent GL knowledge myself. I've read every GL story post crisis though.

...my first instinct would probably be to scan the GL database for Kryptonian DNA sequences and then tell the ring to transform me. So I wouldn't be human level Hal - I'd transform myself into a Kryptonian. I'd then tell the ring to auto fire on anything that comes within my general area (John has done this before).

That. GL rings can rearrange DNA. And like I said, I never used the word Daxamite.

Ah, the Kronos thing. I figured it had something to do with that.

Anyway, Warlock was simply chilling in space, undetected, right in front of the IG wielder (I think Thanos at the time). Thanos has eyes, and presumably enhanced senses (talk to quan). And Thanos wasn't the only one there. Warlock wasn't just shielded from abstracts, he was shielded from regular characters. If I decide to be invisible, I am. It's the sort of a priori argument that I generally dislike, but I see no reason to disbelieve it.

Usable, yes. Likely, no. Thor in the middle of a Godblast as the battle begins..."let me just stop mid-blast. What was it you wanted to do Superman?" Blair with the same reaction times, GL with auto-blasts, Thor and Warlock being able to hang physically with anyone here. Also, I still highly doubt you'd get into Doom's mind, and I'm dubious about some of the others. There's also no guarantee you'd win at T-Vo. Your mind, after all, so at that point, it's not Kal vs. Doom/Warlock/Thor, etc. it's literally you vs. us.

As always, your Superman seems to be one that can speed-vaporize dozens of high heralds in nanoseconds. It is a Superman that is leagues above what most consider him to (i.e. rough equals with Thor, Surfer, a good GL, etc.), and as such, your interpretations of any fight aren't going to be compatible with most others.

Badabing
Addenda to the rules:

You can apply feats that should be applicable to you from other individuals - unless they themselves are different, amped, or have some additional perk you do not. Therefore, feat exchange (using common sense as to what is applicable) is on

Digi
Yeah, under the OP stips, I don't see an issue with what Blair's doing. A GL has done it, the ring is capable of it, Blair is aware of it, and Blair is in charge of the ring. Add Hal's general experience and it's more the plausible. So what's the issue?

These threads aren't about winning necessarily. I'm just giving my honest take. Blue's the longest odds, and the only one I don't see winning in any circumstance. I'm second-longest. I'd give myself a small chance - Warlock isn't a pushover in a slugfest, and is considerably more skilled than most here - but not much of one. Where you place the others is a matter of taste. I think there's too much force for Doom to account for, who is the weakest if he doesn't prep and fight completely perfectly. Thor has the single most powerful attack that could potentially KO the field, and GL/Superman are both versatile and powerful enough to win depending on how the fight plays out.

abhilegend
That. GL rings can rearrange DNA. And like I said, I never used the word Daxamite. No, they can't. Not consciously in the case of kyle/blair.

Also Chaos and Order.

Nebula and it was only due to her in-experience that he snuck on her. Thanos said warlock's plan wouldn't have worked on him. Surfer was seeing him just fine. He's invisible to abstracts. Except no, you can't.

Nope. Thor is too slow. LOL, superman blitzes kryptonians holding back. Wouldn't do anything, superman can create illusions and absorb attacks via T-vo. Its not a physical fight. Its not telepathy, it can pull a robot inside the theta field. LOL. I don't have to mindrape anyone here, I can create anything and trap you there in theta state and that's it. Superman created a phantom zone and trapped dominus there, that's all it took to beat him.

What others percieve as superman's level doesn't matter, he has the feats and I can use it. I'm not using Big Bang level HV here, its his simple feats here.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Badabing
Addenda to the rules:

Thanks bada for clarifying this.

Badabing
Thanks bada for clarifying this. It was all Blair. I couldn't even get what he wanted posted right the first time.

dur me!

abhilegend
It was all Blair. I couldn't even get what he wanted posted right the first time.

dur me! laughing out loud
Anyway this is fun.

Digi

abhilegend
So, I'm going to sleep now. Digi and Blair, it was a pleasure.

Digi
Bumping:
What others percieve as superman's level doesn't matter, he has the feats and I can use it. I'm not using Big Bang level HV here, its his simple feats here.

It's just, I think Superman v. Thor is a good fight. I think Superman v. Hal (pre DCnU) is a good fight. You're asking me to believe that Superman solos a field of similarly powered individuals. I can't go there with you.

TVo is a bit of an odd duck, and may in fact be the insta-win you claim. But I'm being barred from bringing you all into Soul World and insta-killing you. How is your tactic any different? i.e. why shouldn't Blair ban it as well? It's BFR OHK. Same deal. Yet you're allowed and I'm not? Seems unfair. Because, let me take you into Soul World, and I guarantee you I win. Your argument is basically the same.

Blair Wind
Bumping:

It's just, I think Superman v. Thor is a good fight. I think Superman v. Hal (pre DCnU) is a good fight. You're asking me to believe that Superman solos a field of similarly powered individuals. I can't go there with you.

TVo is a bit of an odd duck, and may in fact be the insta-win you claim. But I'm being barred from bringing you all into Soul World and insta-killing you. How is your tactic any different? i.e. why shouldn't Blair ban it as well? It's BFR OHK. Same deal. Yet you're allowed and I'm not? Seems unfair. Because, let me take you into Soul World, and I guarantee you I win. Your argument is basically the same.

I only banned Soul World because I know its plausible and has solid evidence behind it. T-Vo has two showings and is not really understood.

But yes, it would be considered BFR (just like I can't absorb everyone into the ring) and would be banned.

JakeTheBank
Godblast isn't slow, not any slower than any other ranged attack Thor has at his disposal. What's slow about the Godblast is it's charge-up time, which in reality is only seconds (still "slow" for Superman depending, definitely not everyone else). And since I can charge up during prep time, there's nothing to stop me from firing it as soon as the fight starts. And once fired, there's really nothing suggesting it can be stopped save maybe Blue's bracers and possibly the shields of Blair and Mindset.

Likewise, if I storm summon say the force of a thousand planet's worth of hurricanes and unleash it as soon as the match starts once I've focused enough power, there's no way Abhi or anyone else can prevent me from releasing it or perpetually avoiding it.

And speaking of Abhi, I could just open up a portal of red solar energy and bombard the field with it during my prep time as well.

Starscream M
does jake get powers he makes up or is he only limited to in comic powers for thor confused

Newjak
Yeah, under the OP stips, I don't see an issue with what Blair's doing. A GL has done it, the ring is capable of it, Blair is aware of it, and Blair is in charge of the ring. Add Hal's general experience and it's more the plausible. So what's the issue?

These threads aren't about winning necessarily. I'm just giving my honest take. Blue's the longest odds, and the only one I don't see winning in any circumstance. I'm second-longest. I'd give myself a small chance - Warlock isn't a pushover in a slugfest, and is considerably more skilled than most here - but not much of one. Where you place the others is a matter of taste. I think there's too much force for Doom to account for, who is the weakest if he doesn't prep and fight completely perfectly. Thor has the single most powerful attack that could potentially KO the field, and GL/Superman are both versatile and powerful enough to win depending on how the fight plays out. What is this, rational thought. No I demand blood and heated words from the competitors. stick out tongue

Also yeah my bad not Daxamite, Kryptonian Blair Lantern

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
does jake get powers he makes up or is he only limited to in comic powers for thor confused

Everything I've mentioned has happened in a comic, comics you don't read. Literally the only thing you could possibly challenge is be opening up a portal of specifically "red" solar energy (on panel it was Earth's sun), but considering that Thor can access portals from virtually anywhere, the odds are most certainly in my favor to be able to find a red star in the universe.

Take your petty trolling elsewhere.

Starscream M
Everything I've mentioned has happened in a comic, comics you don't read.

Take your petty trolling elsewhere. right, so now godblast once unleashed is just a continuous stream of awesome power that doesn't shut down lol

I think Jakethethorbag wins and here's how:

1) unleash mystical rain that halts everyone into a statue on the battlefield, negating speed and flight and strength

2) unleash an unending blast of godblast on everyone, KOing the field in seconds

3) errr...two simple steps is all it takes for a jakethor to win!

JakeTheBank
right, so now godblast once unleashed is just a continuous stream of awesome power that doesn't shut down lol

I think Jake wins and here's how:

1) unleash mystical rain that halts everyone into a statue on the battlefield, negating speed and flight and strength

2) unleash an unending blast of godblast on everyone, KOing the field in seconds

3) errr...two simple steps is all it takes for a jakethor to win!

Take your petty trolling elsewhere.

Newjak
So far the only person here who has opted to join up is Mindset. Which comes as no surprise cause he needs other people way more than they want him around stick out tongue

-Pr-
So far the only person here who has opted to join up is Mindset. Which comes as no surprise cause he needs other people way more than they want him around stick out tongue

laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Honestly, depending on what he did, Doom could be the catalyst to effect how the match ends one way or the other. I have my views as such, but I don't want Mindset to get any ideas. sneer

Digi
That's a good point. Doom has a small margin of error but a lot of options. Things could swing depending on what he tries. Like, a time spell + Crimson Bands on the entire field could change our strategies in a hurry.

Mindset
So far the only person here who has opted to join up is Mindset. Which comes as no surprise cause he needs other people way more than they want him around stick out tongue I just wanted Digi to have some fun before I oneshotted him, since otherwise he gets taken out quickly.

I am a merciful God

Mindset
In prep do I get access to my equipment?

JakeTheBank
You'd get access to everything standard for Doom and his armor.

Mindset
I'll bfr everyone back into the past.

Then I'll bring Superman back and punch his face off.

JakeTheBank
Hmmm.

I could return to the battlefield, but I think I'll let you punch off Superman's face.

Mindset
I thought Thor couldn't time travel anymore?

JakeTheBank
He can't, but the stips stated we can use "classic" feats (barring Pre-Crisis stuff).

Mindset
I'll summon Beyonder and steal his powers during prep

JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

Good game.

Digi
BFR isn't allowed. Try again.

Mindset
I'll summon Beyonder and steal his powers during prep

Digi
Absurd ideas for the sake of ironic trolling bore me. I want to see what Doom can actually do.

Mindset
He has summoned Beyonder, he has stolen his power.

No trolling there.

-Pr-
Absurd ideas for the sake of ironic trolling bore me. I want to see what Doom can actually do.

You came to the wrong forum, then, sadly.

JakeTheBank
Doom can summon Mindless Ones (his Mindless Ones have been, on panel, more than a match for the F4 and the Mighty Avengers).

ODG
I imagine that summoning the Beyonder would be outside of the spirit of the thread. Granted, it's not exactly outside help as Doom would be shanking him... but this thread seems more about each individual character. Changing them or amping them to the point where they're really something entirely different kind of strikes me as defeating the purpose of using these characters.

Multiple Ovoid Mind Transfers seems more a easily defensible tactic here. But Mindset would probably avoid that seeing as he's trying to rape everyone and would rather not inhabit a body he's going to violate. laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
Doomset is already working as Doom would.....making us come up with strategies which he would then steal!!

Blair Wind
No, they can't. Not consciously in the case of kyle/blair.

Uh, yes they can. Off the top of my head Kyle and Stel have both done it. I'm pretty sure Hal has as well, but I had these files HaSon gave me on hand:

Kyle changed into his Vasquez persona - the discharge mentioned was him changing at the cellular level.
http://tinypic.com/r/2irosh5/6
http://tinypic.com/r/20hr62o/6
http://i45.tinypic.com/15ojwbr.jpg

Later on Kyle gets captured because he discharged green energy (revealing he is a Green Lantern). Amon references his cellular change:

http://tinypic.com/r/msceg9/6
http://tinypic.com/r/10rra7q/6

And Stel, with only a second of notice, reversed his polarity at the atomic level so that he was essentially anti-matter:

http://tinypic.com/r/156q2i0/6
http://tinypic.com/r/mjy6og/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2rh4jf4/6

And lets remember, I get classic levels of powers - not Johns nerfed version.

http://i45.tinypic.com/23r63vd.jpg

Again: a ring limited by my imagination and Hal's willpower. It obeys my every command. Makes my every wish possible. Now, we all know how strong Hal's will is. And I'm pretty creative. Don't take my word for it though:

Most Creative Participant: Blair Wind
Why: He routinely sets the high-water mark for inventive strategies, is always a threat to win, and while some may complain that he finds "loopholes," others simply see it as finding what is the most powerful legal strategy in any given tournament.

Anyway, GL's have tons of different powers outside of just green constructs and I would definitely exploit them to win.

-----------------------

And yes, summoning Beyonder is not going to happen.

DarkSaint85

Why does he do that when all he needs is simple, normal rain, which has been proven to stop Savage Hulk before?

-Pr-
mmm

Seems like Blair tailored this thread to suit himself.

Mindset
mmm

Seems like Blair tailored this thread to suit himself. He's obviously a cheater.

He also won't let me use my resources.

Blair Wind
mmm

Seems like Blair tailored this thread to suit himself.

You're just jealous I didn't make you superman stick out tongue

DarkSaint85

You chose the right person, don't beat yourself up. Pr controlling Superman is the height of CIS.

In character, Abhi-man is essentially the love child of Superman and Lex.

Hmm...that makes Pr Clark, and Abhi...Connor!!!

Mindset
Who's Lex?

-Pr-

Angry is more like.

That, and you seem to want to limit everyone but yourself. stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
Who's Lex?

Your superior from the way they joust, I'd suggest carver, but he doesn't have the.....head for it.

-Pr-
You chose the right person, don't beat yourself up. Pr controlling Superman is the height of CIS.

In character, Abhi-man is essentially the love child of Superman and Lex.

Hmm...that makes Pr Clark, and Abhi...Connor!!!

CIS?

Blair Wind
Angry is more like.

I thought about making you Aquaman w/Water Hand - but figured he wouldn't be able to hang in the slugfest.

Mindset
He's calling you stupid.

abhilegend
Ok, I go intangible and oneshot Blair at superspeed

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible2.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible3.jpg

Digi
Yeah, spirit of the law guys. Everyone's looking for the OHK loopholes that obviously aren't being allowed. I only brought up Soul World to have it banned, because it would be dumb if allowed. Same with T-Vo, summoning Beyonder, etc. etc. Even if they'd work (not assured for any of them), they're in obvious violation of the idea behind this thread.

Blair Wind
Yeah, spirit of the law guys. Everyone's looking for the OHK loopholes that obviously aren't being allowed. I only brought up Soul World to have it banned, because it would be dumb if allowed. Same with T-Vo, summoning Beyonder, etc. etc. Even if they'd work (not assured for any of them), they're in obvious violation of the idea behind this thread.

thumb up

Badabing
Ok, I go intangible and oneshot Blair at superspeed

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible2.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/battlezone/th_kyleintangible3.jpg No you don't.

DarkSaint85
What IS the spirit of the thread? I thought it was to see who can pull the coolest application of their powers out of their ass?

abhilegend
No you don't. I do.
dur

Digi
What IS the spirit of the thread? I thought it was to see who can pull the coolest application of their powers out of their ass?

Well, when obvious OHK-style strats are being banned - soul-sucking, Soul World transporting, Beyonder summoning - it's clear that we're fighting based on the majority of our showings, not the individual outlier powers that could push us above herald in a hurry.

There's still a strong element of creativity involved. It's just more limited to ban powers that "break" this level, like full use of the soul gem. I agree entirely with the decisions being made.

Newjak
You know fellow mods I find this funny cause they think we are gonna allow any of these monstrosities to live, whoever wins we are gonna destroy evillaugh

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>