Marek vs. Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cryo
Both are at their peak.

They don't get any lightsabers. It's a straight up force battle. Let's say in a city with a lot of stuff to throw around.

I want you to go by feats only. No shitty quotes like "Marek was no match for blah blah" or "Vader is 80% of blah blah therefore Marek is".. from George Lucas or any books and databanks. Just look at their feats, nothing else and tell me, if this is a close fight or if Marek gets stomped into the ground.

jmoul
In TFU I alternate OT (if gamers pick the dark side) Darth Starkiller curbstomps the living sh*t out of TESB Luke on Hoth. However, as Grand Master Luke is the most powerful force user ever and is 200% more powerful than Sidious, Galen Marek, no matter how powerful he was at the end of the canonical ending of TFU I, would get his a** handed to him, no matter how creative he can be with Force Powers.

axel_jovan
Not to mention Luke took direct Force-hit from a being that has roughly 12 times his raw power. There is nothing in the Force that SK can do to win with Luke IMHO.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by jmoul
However, as Grand Master Luke is the most powerful force user ever and is 200% more powerful than Sidious
And basis of this statistic is?

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
And basis of this statistic is?

Luke has the same potential as Anakin did pre-Mustafar.
Sidious said Anakin had the potential to be twice as powerful as himself.

Luke = Anakin's potential realised = 200% Sidious.

KingD19
Luke has done some things that make Starkiller's feats look tame.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by KingD19
Luke has done some things that make Starkiller's feats look tame.

Ehh... I'm on the fence. The dovin basal thing?

Nephthys
Beating Sidious for one thing. awepeach

Becoming immovable to a black hole, resisting Unuthul, fighting Abeloth, cloaking an entire planet, dismantling and rebuilding a castle, standing in Ganner Rhysode's presence without combusting.... he has some cool feats.

Besides, you've repeatedly claimed the opinion that Peak Luke is indeed above DE Sidious in a fight. Why should he not be above Marek?

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Nephthys

Becoming immovable to a black hole, resisting Unuthul, fighting Abeloth, cloaking an entire planet, dismantling and rebuilding a castle, standing in Ganner Rhysode's presence without combusting.... he has some cool feats.

Besides, you've repeatedly claimed the opinion that Peak Luke is indeed above DE Sidious in a fight. Why should he not be above Marek?
Luke's feats are insane, but then again, so is everything else in the EU...

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
Luke's feats are insane, but then again, so is everything else in the EU... Especially Johun Othone. Guy was a f*cking beast.

axel_jovan

wow, talk about roflstomp....Marek dies.

Arhael
I am for Luke but out of boredom will
argue for Marek.

Wrong.
Power doesn't make you the winner. Kenobi and Anakin weren't equaly powerful, yet, Kenobi stalemated Anakin both in TK and sabers. Windu wasn't equally powerful to Sidious, yet, he defeated him in sabers and didn't get overwhelmed by lightning. Yoda and Sidious can't possibly be exactly equally powerful, yet, they perfectly stalemated each other in final contest.

Moreover, there are plenty of characters with inferior power that did comparable feats to Luke or surpassed him in some areas entirely including even TK and Marek is one of them.

Power gives greater Force reserves but Force attacks and combat prowess depend entirely on Force mastery and skill.
Abeloth was far more powerful than Luke, yet, she couldn't overpower him. Neither it means that he is equally powerful to her. After every single fight Luke was getting Force exhausted, while her reserves were always in check.

If all depended on power, then SW would be outright stupid and boring.

Originally posted by axel_jovan
Not to mention Luke took direct Force-hit from a being that has roughly 12 times his raw power. There is nothing in the Force that SK can do to win with Luke IMHO.
Also, wrong and doesn't prove that Luke is superior. Look at what Thul did to Luke prior to that. He succesfully Force handled him with casual flick of hand, Luke flew at such velocity that he smashed through YVH droids and on impact dented durasteel hole in the wall with his head. If not the helmet, which got cracked in half, then I doubt that Luke would stand up at all. And it took him some time to recover from concussion, if Thul attacked imidietly, Luke would likely die. Why it happened? Because Luke was caught off guard. You can't prove that Luke would resist every single attack.

Similarly Kenobi's combat skills were so good that even combined effort of Maul and Opress and pure rage of Anakin wasn't enough to overwhelm him and on top of that his TK prowess was enough to stalemate even Anakin boosted by rage. Yet, when Dooku caught him off guard with Force choke, all that prowess and skill could be thrown out of window.

When Jacen threw a piece of sealing at Luke, he attempted to dodge and still got smacked in the back of his head. As you see Luke can get Force handled no matter what power he possesses, he is no different from other characters.

And Marek is not just powerful, he utilizes TK like Dooku or even better trying to catch his opponents off guard, he's got chance to catch Luke off guard like Thul and Jacen did.

Neither Luke can overpower Marek easily. The only way he could Force blast Jacen is by feigning attack to catch him off guard.

In other words their TK contest would be determined by skill, not power. Still Luke demonstrated himself more skilled with TK but it would be a close to even battle.

Luke's main advantage is that, if he gets hold of Marek, then he will rape him with superior unarmed combat skills.

However, Marek has got a significant advantage of his own. This is saberless fight, Marek can use lightning and Luke doesn't have Force absorb ability. Yes, Luke can resist lightning as well as dodge it. However, he never demonstrated breaking free from it. When Sidious in DE electrocuted him, Luke was put on his ass. When Sith from Lost Tribe electrocuted him, it was Ben who intercepted the current to set his father free. And when Abeloth was electrocuting him, he was completely numb, unable to do anything until she stopped herself.

So, if Marek can maintain distance and catch Luke with lightning, then he can actually take him down.

The_Tempest

Never said he couldn't beat Marek, I said I'm on the fence about their comparative feats.

KingD19
And Marek has no defense against Emerald Judgement, which killed a Yuuzhan Vong Slayer instantly.

jmoul
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Especially Johun Othone. Guy was a f*cking beast.

Funny use of sarcasm there. Johun was the among worst excuses for Force users that was ever used as a main character. He almost got his a** handed to him by a non-Force user, who only had cortosis knives. He only escaped because he almost killed himself and Kel by falling over 50 meters into an ocean; that along with hindering Sarro Xaj in the fight against Zannah and Bane on Tython. He only helped Raskta because she was such a great lightsaber duelist.

Lord Lucien
Funny use of sarcasm there. Johun was the among worst excuses for Force users that was ever used as a main character. He almost got his a** handed to him by a non-Force user, who only had cortosis knives. He only escaped because he almost killed himself and Kel by falling over 50 meters into an ocean; that along with hindering Sarro Xaj in the fight against Zannah and Bane on Tython. He only helped Raskta because she was such a great lightsaber duelist. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzrkynBlBs1r6t444o2_500.png

jmoul
^ ... Screw you

Pwned
Funny use of sarcasm there. Johun was the among worst excuses for Force users that was ever used as a main character. He almost got his a** handed to him by a non-Force user, who only had cortosis knives. He only escaped because he almost killed himself and Kel by falling over 50 meters into an ocean; that along with hindering Sarro Xaj in the fight against Zannah and Bane on Tython. He only helped Raskta because she was such a great lightsaber duelist. HOW DARE YOU SLANDER THE NAME OF THE GREAT JOHUN OTHONE!?!?!?!?!? He is twenty times better than the Force itself!

Nephthys
I've personally become disillusioned with the idea that Force Users must suck if they're beaten by Non-Force Users. It's happened enough in the mythos where its totally believable that it could happen. Most prominently in TOR.

I think what really stands out in Johun's case is that it was a straight fight where he failed to defeat his opponent in melee combat. Usually a NFU uses trickery or something else to close the gap in abilities, but not there. However, it was noted especially that the guy he was fighting is exceptionally skilled and was using a weapon that made fighting him difficult for Johun. Whether that excuses him or not is up to you guys.

The real worst Force User was Scout from Dark Rendevouz. But no-one cares because she was BALLS-TO-THE-WALLS AWESOME!

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Never said he couldn't beat Marek, I said I'm on the fence about their comparative feats.

For the record, I'm deliberating if I consider the novels account of his atmospheric re-entry canon or not. It does contradict the game directly. And I consider the game as the original source of TFU since thats what it was originally conceived as. Everything else simply expands upon the original games.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Pwned
HOW DARE YOU SLANDER THE NAME OF THE GREAT JOHUN OTHONE!?!?!?!?!? He is twenty times better than the Force itself!
Seriously....why do you like him so much....

The_Tempest
Yeah, the same stuff happened with TFU and its game, book, and graphic novel. They're all equal level canon, so I personally pull from all the above.

But I give you points for your devious squirming. You make me proud. thumb up

Nephthys
Yeah, so did I. But, I mean all those things contradict the **** out of each other. So i have no idea what whats canonically, but if I had to choose authoritatively, I would go with the games.

The_Tempest
Well of course you would.

Nephthys
I can see an argument for the novels (I guess), but imo its similar to the rule about the movies. The games are the original source, so they should be the defining canon.

The_Tempest
I can see an argument for the novels (I guess), but imo its similar to the rule about the movies. The games are the original source, so they should be the defining canon.

It's nowhere near as clear cut. The supremacy of the films over all other canon is written explicitly into the canon hierarchy; here, the game, book, and graphic novel are all equally canon with no hierarchy established between them.

Nephthys
I said similar.

The_Tempest
I said gay (as in you are). :3
For what it's worth, he disintegrates the Salvation in the Wii!TFU2.

Nephthys
But the wii sucks and isn't a real console so it doesn't count.

Plus he... blows it up or something. Theres an explosion.

The_Tempest
But the wii sucks and isn't a real console so it doesn't count.

Plus he... blows it up or something. Theres an explosion.

Yep, a giant Force repulse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.