Nova Prime vs Superboy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Pre reboot. No bfring.

DarkSaint85
I'd go with Prime.

abhilegend
Superboy. Stronger, faster and TTK would phuck up Dick Rider.

armedforbattle
The one with the full nova force and worldmind? Ill go with nova

abhilegend
Originally posted by armedforbattle
That's supernova.

dmills
The one with the full nova force and worldmind? Ill go with nova Originally posted by abhilegend
That's supernova.

That's Rich. Saal never had the WM.

abhilegend
Originally posted by dmills
That's Rich. Saal never had the WM.
So are we going to give Rich Saal's feats? He never operated at that level.

dmills
Originally posted by abhilegend
So are we going to give Rich Saal's feats? He never operated at that level. Originally posted by armedforbattle

Of course not.

What in this question doesn't apply to Richard? He did have the full Nova force. He also had the wm.

JakeTheBank
Nova.

armedforbattle
I am so confused right now.

abhilegend
What in this question doesn't apply to Richard? He did have the full Nova force. He also had the wm.
Saal's fights with avengers, quasar and others.

dmills
Saal's fights with avengers, quasar and others.

I don't think he was referring to Saal with his question though.

Armedforbattle, are you talking about this guy

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9379/1352445160208.jpg

Or this guy?

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/7454/1352445330707.jpg

dmills
Armedforbattle where are you?

Blair Wind
What's the difference between the two?

carver9
The one on top is more powerful. Took on the entire team of Avengers and was stomping them.

dmills
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What's the difference between the two?

Restraint. Both have/had the same amount of power. Supernova had no Worldmind or other safeguards to regulate the flow of power and as a result he lost his mind, beat up on a few heralds and was bfr'd by Reed into the time stream. Richard Rider does have several safeguards in place to govern his power, thus preventing a repeat of past events. Although he too has nearly lost his mind twice before.

carver9
@dmills...

So you think Nova Prime is as powerful as Supernova?

dmills
Originally posted by carver9
@dmills...

So you think Nova Prime is as powerful as Supernova?

From a powerset standpoint I think its fair to say that he has the ability to become that powerful if plot calls for it. I mean it's the exact same power source here and in the past while fully unleashed he has beaten a couple of heralds pretty soundly. Their fight against him being described by an onlooker as being a futile effort etc.

But for forum purposes, no he's not anywhere near as powerful. There aren't many that operate on that level at their base. No writer would have say, Thor laugh at the human torch's fire blasts and then turn his back and ignore him and classic Quasar while they continually blasted away at his back. Or barely even notice the efforts of a team of high end bricks as they tried their hardest just to topple him over.

armedforbattle
I was talking about the one on bottom! @dmills

Glorificus
Nova Prime.

dmills
I was talking about the one on bottom! @dmills

Yep, that's Nova Prime.

abhilegend
Yep, that's Nova Prime.
Superboy beats him. TTK is a ***** for armored characters.

dmills
Superboy beats him. TTK is a ***** for armored characters.

Seems like it'd be a nice contrast of abilities. Gravity vs ttk. However since I don't know much about Conner I'll have to sit this one out. Celey will prolly debate it with you though.

abhilegend
Seems like it'd be a nice contrast of abilities. Gravity vs ttk. However since I don't know much about Conner I'll have to sit this one out. Celey will prolly debate it with you though.
Yes its an interesting match. Connor is a legit low herald-mid herald who can bring the pain to nova.

carver9

Did you really give up that easy? Come on Mills.

dmills
Did you really give up that easy? Come on Mills.

Lol. Sorry bro.

ODG
Nova Prime. Physically, he can easily trade punches with Superboy. And he has a career of speed feats a notch above Superboy's. His more esoteric abilities with his control over gravimetric forces seal the deal for him.

Conner's tactile tk seems more suited to disrupting strictly mechanical/technological constructs/armors. Nova Prime's outfit isn't exactly Iron Man armor, it's more akin to solidified Novaforce, if anything.

Golgo13
Yes its an interesting match. Connor is a legit low herald-mid herald who can bring the pain to nova.

Damn straight. He'd take a few, IMO.

Philosophía
Superboy.

Placidity
Richard Rider

Dick Rider

Had to Google that to see if that was his real name.

What on earth were they thinking giving him that name???

Dirty dirty Marvel. Dirty.

I wonder if he has been called Dick Rider in the comics?

At least they didn't use him on the Ultimate Spider-man show.

"Id"
Nova Prime

celeyhyga17

Y would I debate? No debate here. Nova wins.
smokin'

dmills
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Y would I debate? No debate here. Nova wins.
smokin'

Because you are the centurion in command of the DC sector lol. Although I may have to demote you to a millenian rank due to your love affair with Orion...

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Because you are the centurion in command of the DC sector lol. Although I may have to demote you to a millenian rank due to your love affair with Orion...

laughing out loud

Nah.. I just been too lazy to remove this sig. Obtw, Nova still wins.

carver9
Nova>>>Orion minus astroforce.

celeyhyga17

Pshh.. Wut? u a Nova fan now? What happened to the days when Zomgz Gladiator beatz up the ENTIRE Nova corps like Zomgz!!!? Gladiator rullzzzz! Which was false btw.

-Pr-

Has he had some sort of enormous amp lately?

carver9
Pshh.. Wut? u a Nova fan now? What happened to the days when Zomgz Gladiator beatz up the ENTIRE Nova corps like Zomgz!!!? Gladiator rullzzzz! Which was false btw.

I never said Gladiator worked Rich but he did work the corp and Gladiator would work Orion as well.

Gladiator does rullzzzz...lol.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Has he had some sort of enormous amp lately?

He doesn't need a powerup.

-Pr-
He doesn't need a powerup.

Then I don't see how he's supposed to be > Orion.

celeyhyga17
I never said Gladiator worked Rich but he did work the corp and Gladiator would work Orion as well.

Gladiator does rullzzzz...lol. U always used to spout about how Gladz took down the "whole" Corps including Nova Prime. Smh. Let me debunk all that falseness you've spread throughout ure forum years.

1st - That was a rookie Nova turned to a Prime
2nd - Gladz wasn't alone. He had the frikkin Imperial Guard with him.
3rd - The rest of the corps were even wetter behind the ears than the rookie that was turned into a Prime.
4th - That's not really the "Nova Corps". There was considerebaly (emphasis on considerably) less than what a Nova Corps in full strength would have in terms of manpower.
5th - Gladz and the Imperial Guard only took down a part of an already meager number of rookie corpsmen. The rest were with Richie when he was dealing with Ego.

carver9
On panel we seen Gladiator split a Centurian in half, one shot punch a Centurian that was taking Nova Prime place and we seen him choke another to sleep. That's all I need to see bro.

-Pr-
On panel we seen Gladiator split a Centurian in half, one shot punch a Centurian that was taking Nova Prime place and we seen him choke another to sleep. That's all I need to see bro.

You don't know how bad that sounds, do you...

carver9
You don't know how bad that sounds, do you...

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
jawdrop

dmills
Bah. I was hoping to see some back and forth here by peeps who knew enough about both characters. Oh well phuck it lol. Nova places him in a gravity node and goes home to screw Namorita. Or maybe Gamora. Or dr Necker.

abhilegend
Bah. I was hoping to see some back and forth here by peeps who knew enough about both characters. Oh well phuck it lol. Nova places him in a gravity node and goes home to screw Namorita. Or maybe Gamora. Or dr Necker.
Before or after kon punches his teeth out? Arguing with cely is useless.

JakeTheBank
lol

So your allegiance extends even to bastardized clones, eh?

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
lol

So your allegiance extends even to bastardized clones, eh?
I support the characters with feats to back up. Like oneshotting Ursa who was curbstomping supergirl and was about to break her neck
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13913137_07.jpg

JakeTheBank
I support the characters with feats to back up.

Curious why you're not supporting Nova, then.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Curious why you're not supporting Nova, then.
Kon has better feats and can potentially oneshot nova with TTK?

carver9
I support the characters with feats to back up. Like oneshotting Ursa who was curbstomping supergirl and was about to break her neck
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/13913137_07.jpg

He had help.

JakeTheBank
Kon has better feats and can potentially oneshot nova with TTK?

Better feats? One shotting Nova with TTK?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ba3uD7XQ1rz2cbjo2_400.gif

You almost got me.

abhilegend
He had help.
Help of steel?Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Better feats? One shotting Nova with TTK?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ba3uD7XQ1rz2cbjo2_400.gif

You almost got me.
Not in space cheese but in combat feats. He oneshotted BL Kal-L with it, what's funny about it?

carver9
Help of steel?
Not in space cheese but in combat feats. He oneshotted BL Kal-L with it, what's funny about it?

Yes...he had help with Steel. The same steel that had a prolong fight against Doomsday.

smile

abhilegend
Yes...he had help with Steel. The same steel that had a prolong fight against Doomsday.

smile
Steel's energy blasts were no sold by random kryptonians and Ursa most likely did too.

CosmicComet
'Space Cheese'.

Dear God I hate that term.

High end feats are almost invariably space cheese.

Nova's feats of power are far superior. That's what matters. And Superboy isn't faster, and arguably he's slower.

abhilegend
Originally posted by CosmicComet
'Space Cheese'.

Nova's feats of power are far superior. That's what matters. And Superboy isn't faster, and arguably he's slower.
Yeah, its most redundant way of looking at fights. Nova is faster in travel speed, conner is faster in combat. He raced kid flash to a standstill.

ODG
'Space Cheese'.

Nova's feats of power are far superior. That's what matters. And Superboy isn't faster, and arguably he's slower. Smart man. thumb up

dmills
Lol nobody is punching Nova's teeth out brother. And he's damn sure not being oneshot.

iceman24567
Yeah, its most redundant way of looking at fights. Nova is faster in travel speed, conner is faster in combat. He raced kid flash to a standstill. How is racing from point a to b a combat feat?

abhilegend
Lol nobody is punching Nova's teeth out brother. And he's damn sure not being oneshot.
I was joking, duh.
Wanna bet?

http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/13915615_BN-Superman3015.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by iceman24567
How is racing from point a to b a combat feat?
Keeping up with a flash in foot race isn't indicative of combat speed?

iceman24567
Keeping up with a flash in foot race isn't indicative of combat speed? Its a race so no no expression

-Pr-
no expression

Kon had help v Ursa. Krypto and Steel, etc.

carver9
@ABHI...

Glad you finally decided to you turbohosting.

abhilegend
Its a race so no no expression
It is a combat speed feat.

abhilegend
no expression

Kon had help v Ursa. Krypto and Steel, etc.
Meh, it was minor help at best. He has also overpowered PG and an alternate supergirl simultaneously.

abhilegend
@ABHI...

Glad you finally decided to you turbohosting.
Its good.

iceman24567
It is a combat speed feat. No it was a race no combat involved

abhilegend
No it was a race no combat involved
That's a pretty narrow definition of combat speed. If he can run at a speed close to kid flash, he can also punch at that speed. He has also kept up with superman in foot race in Superman 155 and 220, where he was losing but not by much.

CosmicComet
Its a race so no no expression

Reacting to the environment, which they have to avoid, is the reflex feat.

Which is combat applicable.

If they simply ran in a straight line with no need to maneuver, then its not combat applicable.

Damborgson
but that's travel speed...? Why would he be able to punch at that speed just because he run at it? It's an actual question, not just me being snippy.

edit: nvm CC's post clears it up a bit

abhilegend

abhilegend

iceman24567
Reacting to the environment, which they have to avoid, is the reflex feat.

Which is combat applicable.

If they simply ran in a straight line with no need to maneuver, then its not combat applicable. Not saying racing across the planet isn't a speed/reflex feat but its a far cry from an actual combat feat trees and mountains wont be trying to attack you while you are racing.

abhilegend
Not saying racing across the planet isn't a speed/reflex feat but its a far cry from an actual combat feat trees and mountains wont be trying to attack you while you are racing.
He wasn't trying to punch trees and mountains. By that token, flash would be only lightspeed fast.

iceman24567
He wasn't trying to punch trees and mountains. By that token, flash would be only lightspeed fast. Says the guy claiming Superboys combat speed feats are superior to Nova due to a race. Connor doesnt display combat speed as consistent as Nova does and i actually see Nova blitzing Connor rather than the other way around.

abhilegend
Says the guy claiming Superboys combat speed feats are superior to Nova due to a race. Connor doesnt display combat speed as consistent as Nova does and i actually see Nova blitzing Connor rather than the other way around.
With two races with superman, thank you.

He doesn't need to blitz every other month to blitz nova.

Feel free to post all those scans of nova blitzing.

celeyhyga17
With two races with superman, thank you.

He doesn't need to blitz every other month to blitz nova.

Feel free to post all those scans of nova blitzing.

Bottom line is speed isn't the issue here. Nova can hang with the likes of Superboy when it comes to speed. I'll even call it a wash for durability and damage soak even though Richie prolly beats him in those departments. Nova is more versatile and ultimately more powerful. He wins this.

abhilegend
Bottom line is speed isn't the issue here. Nova can hang with the likes of Superboy when it comes to speed. I'll even call it a wash for durability and damage soak even though Richie prolly beats him in those departments. Nova is more versatile and ultimately more powerful. He wins this.
No.

No.

Versatility means squat when your opponent can disintegrate your armor with just a touch.

celeyhyga17
No.

No.

Versatility means squat when your opponent can disintegrate your armor with just a touch.

No.

abhilegend
No.
Wanna bet?

dmills
No.

No.

Hmmph. That armor, (along with Richard healing) can be repaired with a gesture.

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/5918/nova15zonemeganpg11.jpg

Also that armor is one of two things that keeps Rider's power dampened. Prolly not a good idea for Conner to go messing with it... Not that'd he'd ever get past the shields anyway.

I was joking, duh.
Wanna bet?

Nova even as a regular centurion still let loose gravimetric pulses capable of harming Supernova.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167215188.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167228364.jpg

dmills
Going to hit the sack. Nite snitches.

abhilegend
Hmmph. That armor, (along with Richard healing) can be repaired with a gesture.

http://imageshack.us/a/img571/5918/nova15zonemeganpg11.jpg

Also that armor is one of two things that keeps Rider's power dampened. Prolly not a good idea for Conner to go messing with it... Not that'd he'd ever get past the shields anyway.

Nova even as a regular centurion still let loose gravimetric pulses capable of harming Supernova.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167215188.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/Nova%20CQB%20protocols/1322167228364.jpg
I didn't see anything special there. Nova got his armor torn open and sealed it up. Nothing relevant if it gets completely destroyed. He was leaking nova force, he couldn't control it. Also conner can destroy force-fields with TTK. Not that is necessary, his strength is sufficient for that.

Nice scans, but there is a difference between harming and oneshotting. The same Kal-L pushed entire JSA's shit in

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3004005.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3006.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3010011.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3012013.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3014015.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3016017.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3018019.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_BlackestNightJSA3020021.jpg

abhilegend
Going to hit the sack. Nite snitches.
Night bro.

celeyhyga17
I didn't see anything special there. Nova got his armor torn open and sealed it up. Nothing relevant if it gets completely destroyed. He was leaking nova force, he couldn't control it. Also conner can destroy force-fields with TTK. Not that is necessary, his strength is sufficient for that.

Nice scans, but there is a difference between harming and oneshotting. The same Kal-L pushed entire JSA's shit in

erm.. no.

abhilegend
erm.. no.
Excellent point. I would do my best to counter it, its hard though.

erm....yes.

Nihilist
Nova Prime takes this handily

dmills
Wtf is going on with photobucket? I'm trying to post scans but damn it.

carver9
Wtf is going on with photobucket? I'm trying to post scans but damn it.

Turbohosting.

Branlor Swift
Superboy has like 3-4 retardedly above his level feats.

I don't know if that's potential or just "Let's make Superman... no wait, Boy do it"

The Boy of Super that beats up Prime, and Black Superman wins.
Nova probably wins when you take everything as a whole.

dmills
"the boy of Super" laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Superboy has like 3-4 retardedly above his level feats.

I don't know if that's potential or just "Let's make Superman... no wait, Boy do it"

The Boy of Super that beats up Prime, and Black Superman wins.
Nova probably wins when you take everything as a whole.
Richie has his share of "rising above" showings...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.