Darth Maul vs. Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
On a powerful dark side nexus (on the Unknown World). Both are at their peaks. Three rounds: 1-Sabers, 2-Force, 3-All-out. Who is the winner of each round and why.

TheOneOfMortis
1. Maul.
2. Zannah.
3. Zannah.

axel_jovan

The_Tempest
Disintegrating hands? Intriguing. Which book?

axel_jovan
RoT, I believe.

here excerpt from wookieepedia;

"After the thought bomb, he was drawn to the nexus of trapped souls it had created. There he encountered Rain (now using her real name Zannah) and her Master Darth Bane. Believing Bane to be about to kill them both, Darovit drew his lightsaber against him. Zannah drew on the Dark Side, exploding the hand Darovit was holding the lightsaber with, to allow Bane to spare his life - her last act of mercy before becoming a true Sith.'

jmoul
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Disintegrating hands? Intriguing. Which book?

Darth Bane: Rule of Two, when Darovit (Tomcat then) sees her with Bane in the cave on Ruusan where Kaan detonated the thought bomb. Darovit wanted to fight Bane to protect his cousin from her new master, and Zannah saved him by disintegrating his hand.

The_Tempest
Fascinating.

TheOneOfMortis
It was also in the comic.

Arhael
If only children could explode hands in other than Drew's material...

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Arhael
If only children could explode hands in other than Drew's material...

Only Drew. Drew loves his disintegrating. Nyriss, T3, The hand.

Nephthys
Plageuis was also disintegrating people.

UltimateAnomaly
Drew is like the Michael Bay of SW Novelists.

Q99
Sabers close, force Zannah by a mile (her Sith Sorcery was a major threat to Bane, let alone Maul), and all-out Zannah.

juggerman
Zannah stomps

Nephthys
Maul wasn't able to get through Obi-Wan's defenses, so I'm not sure he could get through Zannahs. But lightsaber combat has always been shown to be the area that Zannah isn't great at because Drew is a sexist twit, so I doubt she could beat him there.

She'd roflstomp him in the other two rounds though. Naughty Tentacles all the way down.

Ascendancy
Not to mention Sith mind beasties.

juggerman
Originally posted by Nephthys
Maul wasn't able to get through Obi-Wan's defenses, so I'm not sure he could get through Zannahs. But lightsaber combat has always been shown to be the area that Zannah isn't great at because Drew is a sexist twit, so I doubt she could beat him there.

She'd roflstomp him in the other two rounds though. Naughty Tentacles all the way down.

I thought it made sense that she was inferior to Bane in sabers but i never thought that she wasn't great. The only time she had trouble was against bigger stronger opponents like that guy on Tython and Bane himself. Both had superior strength and the Jedi was trained by the best swordsman of the Republic so it can be argued that his skill was equal or above hers.

jmoul
Although, by the Rule of Two, every new master was more powerful than the last and the new apprentice had to have the strength to surpass them. Maul was the apprentice after nearly a millennium of the Sith using the Rule of Two. So, unless he was a filler apprentice until Vader was ready to turn, wouldn't he technically stronger than Zannah in the other aspects?

Ascendancy
Originally posted by jmoul
Although, by the Rule of Two, every new master was more powerful than the last and the new apprentice had to have the strength to surpass them. Maul was the apprentice after nearly a millennium of the Sith using the Rule of Two. So, unless he was a filler apprentice until Vader was ready to turn, wouldn't he technically stronger than Zannah in the other aspects?

The apprentice wasn't necessarily more powerful in every way, just possibly more powerful in the right ways or more cunning. If it had simply been a matter of sheer Force power then Bane could have killed Zannah that way or with sabers, but she had mastery of techniques that he couldn't defend against.

Likewise, Cognus may or may not have been more powerful than Zannah in the end, perhaps honing her foresight to the point that she was able to cut her down without a direct display of power, who knows?

Whoever succeeds is chosen for their potential in all aspects, not just raw power. I don't think there's anything that states that every Darth Lord is inherently stronger in the Force than all the Darth Lords who came before.

juggerman
And we know that Sidious and Plagueis both killed their masters in ways that were not a direct confrontation. Plag killed his master as they were both trying to keep from being crushed and Sids poisoned Plag. Who knows if they were indeed more powerful then their masters at the time.

And who knows how all the others killed off their masters

Q99
Also, part of the killing of the master was not just to show the apprentice had increased in power, but also as a way to cull masters who'd grown complacent or weakened, secure in their position. Sith needed drive, so once a master stops pushing, that should give an apprentice an opportunity to kill them even if the apprentice isn't strictly stronger.

Originally posted by jmoul

Only if and when he got to the point he'd beat Sidious.

I'm sure there's plenty of failed apprentices that never get to that point.

Zannah completed her apprenticeship. Maul never did and was still some distance from it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.