Jla vs Alpha Flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pym-ftw
Superman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Aquaman
Cyborg
Hawkman
Batman

Vs

Guardian
Aurora
Northstar
Snowbird
Sasquatch
Shaman
Vindicator

The Jla are given 1hr of prep
Snowbird can't transform
No bfr

juggernaut74
JLA....hard.

pym-ftw
What's your match UPS?

Mindset
If Snowbird can't transform, why is she even here?

juggernaut74
So you ask questions.

pym-ftw
I meant into the great beast sorry

iceman24567
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I meant into the great beast sorry You mean beasts?

pym-ftw
Yes

Mindset
You mean breasts?

-K-M-
Since Snowbird is hindered, Shaman becomes the biggest gun. If they don't take him out quick the JLA could fall like they did against basically DC's version of Shaman ie. Manitou Raven.

Aurora/Northstar are fast but not Flash/Superman fast. Their hypnotic light may work, but not even sure if they still have it.

The rest are fodder, well other then Guardian but if he is back to his classic levels (since his rebirth) then he won't be enough. Shaman is their only chance.

pym-ftw
Also yes laughing out loud

Though there are red footed boobies found in Canada
(The Bird)

abhilegend
Or superman knocks out all of them. Manitou raven had a lot of prep and help.

-K-M-
A lot of prep and help? Far as I recall he attacked straight on by himself. I'll have to reread it, but from memory wasn't he alone?

abhilegend
He already knew league would come to rescue arthur and he wasn't alone in Obisidian age.

-K-M-
I'm talking abour the first confrontation. Later he was with his team. The preleude to Osbidan Age

EDIT: I'll be rereading it shortly I'm "acquiring it" ie. downloading. Been a few years.

zopzop
Even though I think the JLA would win, AF would give them hell and Superman/Wonder Woman/Aquaman would be the only JLA members left standing.

Don't sleep on Guardian/Vindicator. Their suits are pretty awesome.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -K-M-
I'm talking abour the first confrontation. Later he was with his team. The preleude to Osbidan Age

EDIT: I'll be rereading it shortly I'm "acquiring it" ie. downloading. Been a few years.
You are talking about the fight with the ancient ones, right? Rama khan had his prophetic dreams for years and they knew how to fight the league. Not to mention the whole league jobbed hard. Manitou wasn't alone in that fight.

-K-M-
@abhil - Just read JLA#66 (incredible I forgot how much I love those chracters), and Tezumak was originally the only one who was fighting the JLA (Manhunter was taken out trying to read Tez mind), and Raven appears right after making the JLA spit out crows from their mouths or be attacked by them(art is beautiful) and in JLA #67 the issue starts out and their already KOed thanks to Raven. Also your right he did have prep, but all he did was that one spell and just him took out the team. However, Shaman merely has to say "shush" and time freeze stick out tongue

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/scan0014.jpg

@ZOP -Well Guardian is, but Vindicator keeps flip flopping her armors. Originally she was electro-magnetic like Guardian, then switched to geo-thermal for many years, and since her rebirth has gone back to electro-magnetic. However, we don't know what either levels they are at.

abhilegend
@abhil - Just read JLA#66 (incredible I forgot how much I love those chracters), and Tezumak was originally the only one who was fighting the JLA (Manhunter was taken out trying to read Tez mind), and Raven appears right after making the JLA spit out crows from their mouths or be attacked by them(art is beautiful) and in JLA #67 the issue starts out and their already KOed thanks to Raven. Also your right he did have prep, but all he did was that one spell. However, Shaman merely has to say "shush" and time freeze stick out tongue

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/scan0014.jpg
You're right. I just read JLA 66, 67 but as I said manitou wasn't alone and diana and j'onn beat him when the element of surprise was passed. Also Tezumak ambushed league one by one. Superman and flash have overcome time-stops before.

-K-M-
Originally posted by abhilegend
You're right. I just read JLA 66, 67 but as I said manitou wasn't alone and diana and j'onn beat him when the element of surprise was passed. Also Tezumak ambushed league one by one. Superman and flash have overcome time-stops before.

Yeah, but Tez was merely just a space filler and the rest of the anicent team wasn't there. Raven really did take out the JLA on his own, even Martian Manhunter was on the ground messed up from the birds. Yeah, but Wonder Woman did with the lasso, which he escaped shortly after which is pretty darn impressive.

I know, I don't think AF will win here (escpecially since Guardian and the twins I think is back to their classic levels and Snowbird is nerfed) just saying. Also time manipulation has worked on both in the past too. However, the second he could get he could invert his pouch sucking everyone up :P He did that once to suck up an atomic bomb blast as well as the People's Proctate, Alpha Flight, the Avengers and a good chunk of Newfoundland. Just using this as an excuse saying some of AF's ridic high showings

abhilegend
Yeah, but Tez was merely just a space filler and the rest of the anicent team wasn't there. I disagree. Tez sent kyle into coma and took j'onn out. I chalk that up as the "first showing syndrome". Also manitou had a lot of prep time studying league. No reason she can't do that to shaman.

I know. Its fun though. PIS. stick out tongue Or superman just knocks him out at superspeed. No need to bring high showings.stick out tongue

carver9
JLA wins thanks to Diana and Superman.

-K-M-
Originally posted by abhilegend
I disagree. Tez sent kyle into coma and took j'onn out.

I chalk that up as the "first showing syndrome".

Also manitou had a lot of prep time studying league. No reason she can't do that to shaman.

I know. Its fun though. PIS. stick out tongue Or superman just knocks him out at superspeed. No need to bring high showings.stick out tongue

Last words MM said before he went into the coma was "birds". Then when Raven attacked MM was still on the ground saying "b-b-b-birds". Kyle was also getting mind visions from Raven then as well

Meh! or just a powerful magical user.

Oh for sure, once again NOT saying AF wins. Speed skills here.

What's fun?

Nope wink

Yep, speed and strength kills. No one on AF can deal with their speed or even their strength head on. Twins could go lightspeed from the Children of the Vault upgrade but lost that. Their fast, but not JLA fast.

Golgo13
Jla.

abhilegend
Last words MM said before he went into the coma was "birds". Then when Raven attacked MM was still on the ground saying "b-b-b-birds". Kyle was also getting mind visions from Raven then as well Wally said Tez sent kyle into coma.

Like the last dozens of magicians league faced?

I already agreed.

Just discussing with a fellow fan.

Yep.stick out tongue

Lightspeed was a problem for league in 90s.

-K-M-
But those were his last words so something else was going on.

Well the JLA didn't do great at all against magic in this story. Not just against Raven

Good....weirdo!

Oooooooh, gotcha.

No mad

true and pre-crisis you had to go 3x lightspeed (and some cases faster)

abhilegend
But those were his last words so something else was going on. Maybe, maybe not. What we know though that Tez did that by flash's account.

Plot demands. Joe kelly was worse than Johns on power levels.

Says the canadian.

You're learning.

Yes.cool

3 times lightspeed? That's a low feat for jimmy olsen.

-K-M-
Flash is no expect on magic, nor is he a doctor he just made a quick explanation. MM showed birds were on his brain twice

Still a great story

I'm happy with my choices

Take that back mad

Well Olsen had a new power every other month, not surprised.

abhilegend
Flash is no expect on magic, nor is he a doctor he just made a quick explanation. MM showed birds were on his brain twice MM was talking about himself. Agree to disagree.

Totally agree.

That's because you're an AF fan.stick out tongue

No. *Punches air*

More like every other day.

-K-M-
What's funny is AF don't even make my top 10 favorite characters. Like many of my respect threads I did them as they deserve more respect. Im pretty much the only one who has read them so I'm the only one who debates them haha

Anyways bed for me.

abhilegend
What's funny is AF don't even make my top 10 favorite characters. Like many of my threads I did them as they deserve more respect. Im pretty much the only one who has read them so I'm the only one who debates them haha

Anyways bed for me.
I know that too.

Good night and sweet dreams...............canadian.stick out tongue

DarkSaint85
JLA wins.

comicfan11
JLA I think

And tbh although the Obsidian Age was one of the best JLA stories, after Morrison left, The League of Ancients (powerful though they were) had a lot of onesided prep

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.