Odin vs the God emperor of mankind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Merchant
Who takes this?

Slaanesh
Odin wins cuz i don't like space marine..

Horrificus
Odin has more raw power, but the Emperor has some of the highest-level psych-hoodoo on any written page!

The Emperor was able to dwell in the ultimate chaos dimension (The Warp) and send the major chaos gods of the Warhammer Universe fleeing into the corners. With nothing but his mind.

He is immortal, God-like intelligence and has been around since man first created Odin.

Endless Mike
I thought Odin created man

zopzop
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Someone tell that to these guys :
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/godhed4.jpg
Because I'm sure that would be news to them.

TheGodKiller
A similar claim is made by Odin's peers as well.

Fact is that man created Odin and all the other godly pantheons in both Marvel and real life.

Branlor Swift
It's simple. Odin created blue eyed, blonde haired white people.

Hitler would have liked his wellspring.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
It's simple. Odin created blue eyed, blonde haired white people.

Hitler would have liked his wellspring. Did you really just post this? I have read your posts before and usually I just come away feeling sorry for you.

Whether you are a non-white, racist piece of garbage who is able to equate hair, eye and skin color to Hitler, or some sad Caucasian who spends too much time break dancing and rapping in front of your local 7-11 and suffers from a bad case of "white-guilt", this sh*t has no place in these forums.

Find another target and get off the stage. Clown.

CosmicComet
wtf laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
I laffed.

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Caps Conscience
Thought it was funny too. /Shrugs

Damborgson
Originally posted by Horrificus
Did you really just post this? I have read your posts before and usually I just come away feeling sorry for you.

Whether you are a non-white, racist piece of garbage who is able to equate hair, eye and skin color to Hitler, or some sad Caucasian who spends too much time break dancing and rapping in front of your local 7-11 and suffers from a bad case of "white-guilt", this sh*t has no place in these forums.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1536480_o.gif

zopzop
Did you really just post this? I have read your posts before and usually I just come away feeling sorry for you.

http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/imported_images/chan-lo.com/garycoleman-wtf.gif
Someone's been drinking smile

Horrificus
Originally posted by zopzop
http://www.sectalk.com/board/public/imported_images/chan-lo.com/garycoleman-wtf.gif
Someone's been drinking smile Dude?!
You were the one that sent me the pm detailing an assault on the "Master Race".

This is the last time I get dragged into your convoluted schemes. evil face

Seriously though, I didn't think the post was cool.

White with blue eyes and blond hair does not connect a person to the dream of Hitler. And, yes, there are idiots that automatically equate white with racism.

It's all just very annoying. And, far to "hip" and OK these days, to make these connections.

CosmicComet
Horrificus for White Delegation VP!

Batdude, make it so!

Mindset
I don't know what Horrificus is talking about, but it sounds like he wants to start the 4th Reich.

zopzop
Dude?!
You were the one that sent me the pm detailing an assault on the "Master Race".

This is the last time I get dragged into your convoluted schemes. evil face

Seriously though, I didn't think the post was cool.

White with blue eyes and blond hair does not connect a person to the dream of Hitler. And, yes, there are idiots that automatically equate white with racism.

It's all just very annoying. And, far to "hip" and OK these days, to make these connections.
I hear you but you can't take anything Branlor Swift posts seriously. He kids, he kids cause he <3s. Mindset too.
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't know what Horrificus is talking about, but it sounds like he wants to start the 4th Reich.
See? That boy ain't right. stick out tongue

NemeBro
Odin easily.

The God-Emperor was a very powerful telepath and soul manipulator, but not to the extent that he is taking Odin. And Odin could physically rip the Emperor in half.

carver9

laughing out loud

Ive never seen horrific serious.

ozz81
Probably Odin ..

JakeTheBank
Odin.

Diesldude
Odin has more raw power, but the Emperor has some of the highest-level psych-hoodoo on any written page!

The Emperor was able to dwell in the ultimate chaos dimension (The Warp) and send the major chaos gods of the Warhammer Universe fleeing into the corners. With nothing but his mind.

He is immortal, God-like intelligence and has been around since man first created Odin. well the power of prayer from trillions of humans across the galaxy gives him his powers, that and the daily sacrifice of thousands of humans keeps him alive. Sick place to live.

Diesldude
What I want to see is God Emperor of Mankind vs God Emperor of Negation.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Diesldude
well the power of prayer from trillions of humans across the galaxy gives him his powers, that and the daily sacrifice of thousands of humans keeps him alive. Sick place to live. Yup. That and the fact that he seems to be doing all kinds of other things all over the galaxy, simultaneously. Influencing, intervening, empowering, protecting and all the time, keeping a presence in the warp (chaos dimension), and probably a ton of other things I am forgetting.

He doesn't have a lot of showings where all his power is centralized by himself, in battle. Except, single-handedly defeating Horus, who, at the time, was being empowered by all 4 of the major Chaos Gods (think Marvel Elder Gods on Steroids), and was channeling all of the potential energy of the warp as well. The Emperor did that under his own power.

And, he also defeated the Dragon by himself. The Dragon being one of the C'tan Gods that basically traveled space, devouring suns.

I'm sure this is probably too much 40K fluff for in here.

The point is, the Emperor is more of the kind of God that is working in the life of humanity, (in this case, trillions of humans scattered through the galaxy and the warp.) Not so much the kind of god that exists as an individual with human-like agendas, emotions and actions.

So, it is tough to match him up properly.

Endless Mike
More like the Chaos Gods would be equal to low to mid-tier Skyfathers except restricted mostly to their own dimension with only a limited amount of influence on normal space/time, except in certain places (like the Eye of Terror).

Horrificus
More like the Chaos Gods would be equal to low to mid-tier Skyfathers except restricted mostly to their own dimension with only a limited amount of influence on normal space/time, except in certain places (like the Eye of Terror). The greater demons alone are the size of entire solar systems in the warp. They have been shown to casually bump planets away by mistake. At any one time, they are showing up in real space at many different times and places. It takes entire armies, or Primarchs, or herald-level beings to defeat them.

And, they are simply pawns of the chaos gods.

The chaos gods are impossibly large. Sizes of a "universal" measure, since the warp could swallow entire universes itself. They power many races, armies, champions, demons, etc, all throughout real space. All, without ever having to show up in person. The only thing they cannot do, is personally enter real space and end the whole thing.

Calling them "mid-tier skyfather" level is incorrect. When I used the term "elder-god" as a description, I was being conservative. Since the chaos gods have been shown to have more influence, power, size, followers and success than Set, Cthon or any of comparable beings in Marvel. Even though, they operate in much the same ways.

Uriel005
The greater demons alone are the size of entire solar systems in the warp. They have been shown to casually bump planets away by mistake. At any one time, they are showing up in real space at many different times and places. It takes entire armies, or Primarchs, or herald-level beings to defeat them.

The chaos gods are impossibly large. Sizes of a "universal" measure, since the warp could swallow entire universes itself. They power many races, armies, champions, demons, etc, all throughout real space. All, without ever having to show up in person. The only thing they cannot do, is personally enter real space and end the whole thing.

Calling them "mid-tier skyfather" level is incorrect. When I used the term "elder-god" as a description, I was being conservative. Since the chaos gods have been shown to have more influence, power, size, followers and success than Set, Cthon or any of comparable beings in Marvel. Even though, they operate in much the same ways. You are right to an extent but defining them in terms of size is wrong. Space/Time are not really finite definitions within the warp. It's rules are dependent on its denizens and those capable of influencing the warp defining the rules and enforcing them with their will. That said. Odin would absolutely get crushed if he walked into the realms of the chaos gods. But recent fluff has beaten them down with a nerf bat. Namely Matt Ward and his single minded crusade to utterly destroy WH40K lore. Mind you back in the day it was considered an achievement for Sanguinius probably one of the top 3 overall in power Primarchs (as admitted by Horus who said he had a spark he lacked and should have been warmaster) to defeat even a bloodthirster. Mind you a single bloodthirster of sufficient rank and power is capable of essentially razing an entire planet on their own while it is dominated by another faction.

But now you have characters like Khaldor Draigo who walks around in the warp generally wrecking the Chaos Gods shit including a Garden of Nurgle which contains supreme space aids/cancer. Mind you if a garden of nurgle were in real space it would easily be equivalent to The Rot from Marvel. Fortunately for the denizens of the wh40k universe reality is anathema to warp entities for the most part.

That said if Odin gives the Emprah a chance to bring his psychic might down on him and if the Emperor weren't confined to the golden throne, Odin would get crushed.

That said the Emprah is currently sitting on a giant life support system because he refused to strike down his favored son until he proved himself irredeemable. so Odin winds by disconnecting the lifesupport.

NemeBro
The greater demons alone are the size of entire solar systems in the warp. They have been shown to casually bump planets away by mistake. At any one time, they are showing up in real space at many different times and places. It takes entire armies, or Primarchs, or herald-level beings to defeat them.

Calling them "mid-tier skyfather" level is incorrect. When I used the term "elder-god" as a description, I was being conservative. Since the chaos gods have been shown to have more influence, power, size, followers and success than Set, Cthon or any of comparable beings in Marvel. Even though, they operate in much the same ways.

Yeah... This is all mostly bullshit, sorry.

The Chaos Gods are a galactic force. Nothing more. They are formed by the emotions of a single galaxy, notably they came into being from the War in Heaven, the battle between the Necrons and their C'tan overlords, and the Old Ones. The only suggestion of Chaos being universal is the old legend of Tzeentch's staff, which is just that, a legend.

If the Emperor on the Golden Throne dies, Chaos will spill into the materium and swallow the galaxy, but only the galaxy.

Also, the Emperor defeated a Dragon that was starved, and notably was getting his ass kicked by it until he found a weakness in its necrodermis.

Odin psychically dueled Galactus, a feat I frankly don't see the God-Emperor replicating.

Odin could walk into the Warp and stomp all four Chaos Gods, and go on to destroy Gork and Mork, whom btw are more powerful than the Chaos Gods and even the God-Emperor.

Also, Uriel, Sanguinius being considered to be a better choice for Warmaster by Horus means exactly dick in terms of power. If power alone were the qualifier, Magnus the Red would be Warmaster. Magnus certainly is capable of bitching Horus without moving a muscle. Considering Lorgar could do so telepathically, only to soon be telepathically dominated by Magnus, who was on the other side of the galaxy. Not to mention, Ka'Bhanda, the Bloodthirster Sanguinius beat, is the strongest Bloodthirster, only An'ggrath can contest this position (Whom, by the way, Lorgar beat in single combat, before he took his epic levels in badass).

People like to think of the Emperor as this incredible god, but then ignore that he has been injured by "mere" plasma weaponry and was in danger of being strangled by a powerful Ork Warlord.

Odin beats him with almost no effort.

Horrificus
Originally posted by NemeBro

The Chaos Gods are a galactic force. Nothing more. They are formed by the emotions of a single galaxy, notably they came into being from the War in Heaven, the battle between the Necrons and their C'tan overlords, and the Old Ones. The only suggestion of Chaos being universal is the old legend of Tzeentch's staff, which is just that, a legend.

If the Emperor on the Golden Throne dies, Chaos will spill into the materium and swallow the galaxy, but only the galaxy.

Also, the Emperor defeated a Dragon that was starved, and notably was getting his ass kicked by it until he found a weakness in its necrodermis.

Odin psychically dueled Galactus, a feat I frankly don't see the God-Emperor replicating.

Odin could walk into the Warp and stomp all four Chaos Gods, and go on to destroy Gork and Mork, whom btw are more powerful than the Chaos Gods and even the God-Emperor.

Also, Uriel, Sanguinius being considered to be a better choice for Warmaster by Horus means exactly dick in terms of power. If power alone were the qualifier, Magnus the Red would be Warmaster. Magnus certainly is capable of bitching Horus without moving a muscle. Considering Lorgar could do so telepathically, only to soon be telepathically dominated by Magnus, who was on the other side of the galaxy. Not to mention, Ka'Bhanda, the Bloodthirster Sanguinius beat, is the strongest Bloodthirster, only An'ggrath can contest this position (Whom, by the way, Lorgar beat in single combat, before he took his epic levels in badass).

People like to think of the Emperor as this incredible god, but then ignore that he has been injured by "mere" plasma weaponry and was in danger of being strangled by a powerful Ork Warlord.

Odin beats him with almost no effort. Way to start your post with an insult! Kudos to you. But, since you also said "sorry", you must not be as much of a di*k as you seem to be.

Actually, you are much more sure of your opinion than you should be.

Keep in mind, I never said that the Emperor could defeat Odin. I was just saying he is powerful and tough to quantify.

First of all, "the galaxy" has always been the stage that gets presented by the 40k mythos, rather than "universal". There is plenty of written fluff that points to chaos being "behind" the entire universe. And, some of the most recent books allude to it and will be delving even more into it, as new story lines travel outside of the galaxy.

Chaos is present as the stories do this and will be so even more so in the future.

Tyranids, who come from outside of the 40k galaxy, although being a relatively new race, (in relation to other races), have a pre-existing enmity against the forces of chaos, stemming from before they ever even entered the galactic plane.

Even if the recent fluff about the War in Heaven is true, it only means that it helped with the most recent development of chaos gods, forming from the potential energy of the warp. There were other races before the Necron and possibly even the Old Ones, or WITH the Old Ones. So, the war with the Necron does not seem to be the most likely beginning of the chaos gods.

NEVER has it ever been stated that chaos would swallow "only" the galaxy. It could swallow the galaxy, but nowhere does it state that it would be localized there.

Nowhere does it say that he was getting his ass kicked by the Dragon until he found it's weakness.

You don't see the Emperor psychically dueling with Galactus. Well, that's your opinion, which happens to be without value in my book. But, that's MY opinion.

Your opinions about Odin walking into the warp and stomping, and Gork and Mork being more powerful than the chaos gods, is just your opinion. If anything, Gork and Mork might have equal power to the 4 chaos gods, but instead of it being divided amongst for gods, it is divided amongst the two, Gork and Mork.

All of your opinions about the other primarchs, power levels and Horus, have nothing to do with my post. My point, alluding to the power of Horus when he battled the Emperor, was that all 4 of the chaos gods were channeling there power into him. This is what elevates him to unheard of levels. THIS is the character that I am talking about.

To ignore all of that power, placed into one being, kills your entire argument.

And, come on. Don't try low-balling the Emperor with me. I am a big Odin fan, as lots of forum members will attest to. Odin, like all other characters, has low showings also. The Emperor having a problem with a Gork/Mork empowered Warboss, while his powers are being distributed amongst trillions of other humans throughout the galaxy, is not a bad showing. Especially, since 40k space orks have always been shown to be able to tap into unlimited Gork/Mork knowledge, power, magic, etc, when it is needed.

Finally, as I was saying in my previous post, unlike the characters in Marvel or DC, usually the Emperor and the chaos gods are known for dispersing their power and influence amongst an uncountable number of beings. The battle between Chaos Amp'd Horus and the Emperor is one of the only times all of that power was brought to center on two combatants. And, that has always been crucial to the entire story of that climactic battle. It was the end game and they were all letting it all hang out.

Uriel005
Way to start your post with an insult! Kudos to you. But, since you also said "sorry", you must not be as much of a di*k as you seem to be.

Actually, you are much more sure of your opinion than you should be.

Keep in mind, I never said that the Emperor could defeat Odin. I was just saying he is powerful and tough to quantify.

First of all, "the galaxy" has always been the stage that gets presented by the 40k mythos, rather than "universal". There is plenty of written fluff that points to chaos being "behind" the entire universe. And, some of the most recent books allude to it and will be delving even more into it, as new story lines travel outside of the galaxy.

Chaos is present as the stories do this and will be so even more so in the future.

Tyranids, who come from outside of the 40k galaxy, although being a relatively new race, (in relation to other races), have a pre-existing enmity against the forces of chaos, stemming from before they ever even entered the galactic plane.

Even if the recent fluff about the War in Heaven is true, it only means that it helped with the most recent development of chaos gods, forming from the potential energy of the warp. There were other races before the Necron and possibly even the Old Ones, or WITH the Old Ones. So, the war with the Necron does not seem to be the most likely beginning of the chaos gods.

NEVER has it ever been stated that chaos would swallow "only" the galaxy. It could swallow the galaxy, but nowhere does it state that it would be localized there.

Nowhere does it say that he was getting his ass kicked by the Dragon until he found it's weakness.

You don't see the Emperor psychically dueling with Galactus. Well, that's your opinion, which happens to be without value in my book. But, that's MY opinion.

Your opinions about Odin walking into the warp and stomping, and Gork and Mork being more powerful than the chaos gods, is just your opinion. If anything, Gork and Mork might have equal power to the 4 chaos gods, but instead of it being divided amongst for gods, it is divided amongst the two, Gork and Mork.

All of your opinions about the other primarchs, power levels and Horus, have nothing to do with my post. My point, alluding to the power of Horus when he battled the Emperor, was that all 4 of the chaos gods were channeling there power into him. This is what elevates him to unheard of levels. THIS is the character that I am talking about.

To ignore all of that power, placed into one being, kills your entire argument.

And, come on. Don't try low-balling the Emperor with me. I am a big Odin fan, as lots of forum members will attest to. Odin, like all other characters, has low showings also. The Emperor having a problem with a Gork/Mork empowered Warboss, while his powers are being distributed amongst trillions of other humans throughout the galaxy, is not a bad showing. Especially, since 40k space orks have always been shown to be able to tap into unlimited Gork/Mork knowledge, power, magic, etc, when it is needed.

Finally, as I was saying in my previous post, unlike the characters in Marvel or DC, usually the Emperor and the chaos gods are known for dispersing their power and influence amongst an uncountable number of beings. The battle between Chaos Amp'd Horus and the Emperor is one of the only times all of that power was brought to center on two combatants. And, that has always been crucial to the entire story of that climactic battle. It was the end game and they were all letting it all hang out. orks were overpowered in their original fluff... get enough orcs to believe a block of metal with a whole drilled in it is the most powerful force of dakka in the universe and it eventually holds true. Hell most advanced ork tech doesn't actually work for anyone besides orks because the only reason it works is because the orks believe it does.

For example in official fluff and game rule books orks painitng vehicles different colors actually effects the capacity of vehicles by shear virtue of their color being defined as an orky value for something. Red wunz go fasta for example. Black ones are 'arder. etc etc.

TheGodKiller
thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

We saw what Oblivion stated regarding Galactus' formidable mental defenses and Odin still managed to penetrate his mind regardless.

Horrificus
Originally posted by TheGodKiller
thumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb upthumb up

We saw what Oblivion stated regarding Galactus' formidable mental defenses and Odin still managed to penetrate his mind regardless. Yeah. I don't know how I can really argue this effectively.
The Marvel and 40K universes are totally disconnected.

I just claim that :

40K Chaos Gods > Marvel Elder Gods > Odin

and

The Emperor of Mankind = 40K Chaos Gods.

But, again, this was only when the Emperor consolidated all of his power for the final battle.

If Odin was shown to be above or equal to the Elder Gods, that would also settle things.

TheGodKiller
Yeah. I don't know how I can really argue this effectively.
The Marvel and 40K universes are totally disconnected.

I just claim that :

40K Chaos Gods > Marvel Elder Gods > Odin

and

The Emperor of Mankind = 40K Chaos Gods.

But, again, this was only when the Emperor consolidated all of his power for the final battle.

If Odin was shown to be above or equal to the Elder Gods, that would also settle things.
Your abc logic doesn't make any sense to me. And Odin has more feats than most Elder Gods under his belt.

Again the point that I was highlighting in Nemebro's post is that Odin psychically dueled a being whose mental defenses were too formidable for a high-end Abstract to attempt to penetrate. What feats of psychic ability or mental prowess does the Emperor have to suggest that he could compare to this level of psychic power?

Horrificus
Your abc logic doesn't make any sense to me. And Odin has more feats than most Elder Gods under his belt.

Again the point that I was highlighting in Nemebro's post is that Odin psychically dueled a being whose mental defenses were too formidable for a high-end Abstract to attempt to penetrate. What feats of psychic ability or mental prowess does the Emperor have to suggest that he could compare to this level of psychic power? Well, I don't want to get into the whole Odin vs Elder God thing.

And, I understand what you are saying about Odin's feats and psychic ability. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, pointing out some hints of what the Emperor has.

Again, able to match against all 4 chaos gods, pretty much for 10's of thousand of years.

Battling them to a standstill in their home dimension itself, which is probably about equal to facing 4 Shuma Gorath entities in their own dimension.

Defeated Horus while he was charged with the power of all 4 chaos gods at once.

Psychic feats include the fact that his psychic beacon can be tapped and followed anywhere in the galaxy and anywhere in the warp.

Guides and empowers trillions of humans throughout the galaxy and the warp in many different ways.

But, like I said before, it is hard to really match them up.

Diesldude
IIRC G.E.M being Horus's "father" didn't want to kill him and was trying to talk some sense into him. He killed Horus only after realizing that be lost him to the chaos gods forever and that was after horus had already delivered a near fatal blow. So I think he really overpowered the chaos gods while near death. I have to go with God Emperor of Mankind here.

JakeTheBank
Some feats from Odin include:

-Telepathically dueling Galactus
-Telepathically altering the memories of Midgard and Asgard
-Shunting the realm of Asgard from its normal dimensional plane
-Forcibly taking the souls/essence of an entire race of beings and melding them into a single one (ie. creating Mangog)
-Enchanting Mjolnir and various other mystical weapons/artifacts
-Engaging Seth in a battle which was allegedly multiversal in scope (allegedly wasn't even at full power)
-Destroying galaxies
-Stopping and reversing time
-Capable of forcibly taking a soul from Mephisto's realm and sending it to TOAA and 'heaven'
-Physically capable of overpowering the likes of Thor

I will say that this God Emperor of Mankind dude does sound impressive, but Odin's feats, especially in the midst of combat, are superior to what has been listed so far.

JakeTheBank
Oh, yeah, almost forgot his most recent feat. He warped the destructive energies of Surtur and contained what was allegedly going to be universal scale destruction with next to no discernible effort.

The Merchant
Didn't a force that was stronger than a supernova make Emperor the vegetable he is now?

JakeTheBank
Have no idea; haven't played or read up on the Warhammer series.

If that is true, though, he's going to be wasted by Odin.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Horrificus Way to start your post with an insult! Kudos to you. But, since you also said "sorry", you must not be as much of a di*k as you seem to be.

I'm sorry to say that my opinion of your knowledge of the Warhammer 40,000 universe was only strengthened by this post.

I am sure because I am right.

He's fairly easy to quantify actually.

His physical power is said to be comparable to that of his Primarchs, whom can take country busting attacks and survive and punch mountains to pieces, as well as being hypersonic in perception and reaction-time.

His powers in terms of pure destruction should be at least sufficient enough to raze a planet, as Magnus the Red has done.

His powers in the Warp are roughly on par with Chaos as a whole, who are galactic in scale.

Prove Chaos is universal. No recent book alludes to it in any meaningful way.

Also, I should note that I probably won't accept really outdated fluff.

Prove Tyranids have a history with Chaos from outside the galaxy. The Tyranids don't have "enmity" for anything, they are a primal force.

The fluff is in fact so recent that it originates from three editions ago!

"The growing pains of the young races threw the untapped energies of the warp into disorder. War, pain, and destruction were mirrored in the bottomless depths of the sea of souls. The maelstrom of spirits unleashed in the carnage coalesced into the previously formless energies of the Warp."
- Necron 3e codex, page 26

This was when Chaos was born. Also, this is not out of date, the 5e Necron codex references such.

Older material though points to the Chaos GODS being born only as early as about 1300s, and notably, they were formed by the psychic energy of humanity for the most part. Some universal force.

That's all that is stated. It didn't state the universe. Just the galaxy. Hey look you're making an unfounded assumption.

lol

So I take it you haven't actually read Mechanicum?

The Emperor's spear shattered against the living metal scales of The Dragon, and the Emperor's armour was ripped apart and he was impaled and in the process of being squeezed to death before he stabbed the Dragon in a weak spot, IIRC under the left wing. Also the Dragon was weakened and starved, having been sleeping after being hit by a fleet of Blackstone Fortresses.

But mine clearly has more value than yours.

lol

Gork and Mork are explicitly stated to be "divine powerhouses", whom are immune to the attacks of the other gods within the Warp, aka, the Chaos Gods. Oh, and then there's that the old Titanicus book states that when Gork and Mork were roused and began projecting their power throughout the Materium the corpse god's eyes shot open in fear.

That was to Uriel. It isn't always about you babe.

Odin would have finished the job. Chaos wouldn't exist had he been there on Horus's battle barge.

You haven't provided shit to make me believe that Chaos as a whole can rival Odin.

"lowballing the Emperor" lol.

I don't give a shit if you went to Japan so that you could legally marry Odin, the problem is that you lack knowledge on 40k.

The Emperor's power was being distributed to trillions of humans throughout the galaxy. The Astronomicon, which I hope you were referring to, is actually powered by ten thousand trained psykers, with the Emperor directing that power. Now, while this seems like an incredible feat of haxness, consider that Magnus the Red, "merely" a Primarch, can replicate this feat. And what does that have to do with the Emperor being injured by plasma and struggling against an Ork? That just means that he can't direct his full psychic might at any given time.

This is before he was the corpse god. Oh, and Horus killed that Ork, saving the Emperor. And beat many many more Orks like it during that battle.

Oh, this may make you sort of sad, but Eye of Terror's portrayal of Greater Daemons in the Eye of Terror is now outdated. An'ggrath the Unbound, one of the mightiest of all Bloodthirsters, if not the mightiest, is not even nearly that powerful in the Eye of Terror going by Aurelian.

And that's all nice. Shame that by feats Odin would spank Chaos and the Emperor.

At best you could argue that Emperor's soul and telepthic abilities may be greater, but that doesn't compensate for being vastly outclassed in strength, speed, durability, and raw power.

NemeBro
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Have no idea; haven't played or read up on the Warhammer series.

If that is true, though, he's going to be wasted by Odin.

Actually, the quote is that the blast fired by the Emperor, alleged to be his full might in one attack, was "more focused than a laser and more powerful than a supernova".

Ignoring the idiocy in using lolnarrative hyperbole as a feat, even if we take that shit at face value, that power, the kind that made the Chaos Gods flee Horus in fear, doesn't paint a picture of Shuma Gorath level beings.

We're dealing with really low tier Skyfathers at best. I personally could see the likes of Superboy Prime ripping the Emperor in half and shitting down his chest cavity, but hey.

DarkSaint85
You guys are such geeks.

NemeBro
Well, I don't want to get into the whole Odin vs Elder God thing.

And, I understand what you are saying about Odin's feats and psychic ability. I'm just playing devil's advocate here, pointing out some hints of what the Emperor has.

Again, able to match against all 4 chaos gods, pretty much for 10's of thousand of years.

Battling them to a standstill in their home dimension itself, which is probably about equal to facing 4 Shuma Gorath entities in their own dimension.

Defeated Horus while he was charged with the power of all 4 chaos gods at once.

Psychic feats include the fact that his psychic beacon can be tapped and followed anywhere in the galaxy and anywhere in the warp.

Guides and empowers trillions of humans throughout the galaxy and the warp in many different ways.

But, like I said before, it is hard to really match them up.

The Emperor has to be fed sacrificed human psykers constantly to maintain his struggle against Chaos, he would have died long ago if not for that.

Sorry but no, they aren't Shuma Gorath level.

Horrificus
The Emperor has to be fed sacrificed human psykers constantly to maintain his struggle against Chaos, he would have died long ago if not for that.

Sorry but no, they aren't Shuma Gorath level. First of all, almost everything you have stated, can either be supported or negated, depending upon which books you read, by which author happens to have written them.

I, on the other hand, have taken a more intelligent, logical and sane approach, simply stating what has been written, commenting on the fact that it can be kind of vague and difficult to equate to comic book terms.

If you can refrain from being a dick and simply reference which books you are pulling your opinions from, I could probably understand your view better, or maybe be able to argue against it.

Simply throwing out your opinions and occurrences that you have read, with no point of reference is just abrasive. Not dominating.

It's too bad too. You sound like you read a lot of 40K stuff. It could have been cool to hear more from you.

Uriel005
For the Greater Goodhttp://1d4chan.org/images/4/44/Tau_Problem%2C_Astartes.jpg

NemeBro
I gave you several sources.

Are you illterate?

You haven't supported a single thing you've said, haven't even mentioned what book(s) you pulled your opinions from.

I can't recall the exact page or chapter I've read some of this in, but I also don't physically have the book of many of these sources, and finding a lot of them online again after the GW internet download purge of 2011 is quite the *****. I went through the trouble of finding the oldcron codex and typing down a quote and page number from it.

Your sour grapes are self-evident, you don't have any counter.

Oh, but I can tell you where the Emperor being choked like a ***** is from: Horus Heresy: Betrayal, page 81. It slipped my mind that I do in fact have that book downloaded. My apologies.

Lek Kuen
I can't see how the Emperor can win, after reading all that Nemebro provided.

The Merchant
I found out that the emperor made a blast that was stronger than a supernova, and that made the chaos gods run, kill Horus, and put him in the vegetable state he is now.

NemeBro
That's only if you take the narrative at face-value.

I certainly don't.

Horrificus
That's only if you take the narrative at face-value.

I certainly don't. Well, it's a good thing that your opinion is absolutely useless. I tried to be civil.

You contradict yourself in your posts. You are also clearly looking to be confrontational, simply for the sake of being confrontational.

You even quoted my post where I state that I am not saying that the Emperor could beat Odin. Then, you go on to insult. Obviously, that third testicle and extra Y chromosome are giving you a bit of trouble.

Also, you state that I haven't given any sources for the feats and comments I have listed. Yet, you go on to dismiss it as narrative and hyperbole. Which is it genius? Do you, or do you not know about the feats and situations I have posted? Because, if you don't, you obviously should not be dismissing it as anything, until you look into it first hand. And, if you do know what I am talking about, why are you asking for sources?

Also, you have already stated that you are only going to accept recent fluff, for some reason. Obviously, that is not how things work in this comic book forum, so why would you think that was a logical approach?

Regardless. You don't have to worry. I will be posting books, pages, etc. Just so everybody can see you disregard what has been written in actual books and fluff. I will enjoy that very much.

Then, after that, we can move onto how the idiocy in using YOUR lolnarrative hyperbole as a feat is somehow more solid than the idiocy in using lolnarrative hyperbole as a feat by people who disagree with you.

Personally, I would imagine that you have only been reading 40k material since the Horus Heresy books and your complete LACK of older fluff has you running crazy homo searches in google, playing catch-up, hoping to find good arguments that will cover up the fact that you are a 40k newbie. big grin

Google, google, google little guy! roll eyes (sarcastic)
Maybe if you join a couple 40k forums, you might make some pals that will help you.

"Hi. I'm new to this warhammer forum, and this is my first post. Can any of you other members please tell me about the emperor and chaos gods from before the horus heresy books? Please. You see, I talked out of my ass and now I am in the sh*t. Need help."

I see you now, grabbin up 40k torrents, speed readin, scannin, sweatin'! Ha!

You better do better than that. There are roughly 30 years worth of stories and fluff, that you seem to know nothing about, or didn't seem "worthy" of your attention.

Good luck.

Rage.Of.Olympus
A similar claim is made by Odin's peers as well.

Fact is that man created Odin and all the other godly pantheons in both Marvel and real life.

In every origin told in the last two decade that I can think off of the top of my head, Odin and his father/brothers predate man and even the Earth recently. Perhaps the Universe depending your interpretation of Fraction's reton.

And this isn't some bed time story, we saw how literal it was in JMS', Fraction's, Gillen's flashbacks etc. unlike the other pantheons.

Asgard obviously has the most claims for creating man/earth and the strongest ones out of the Earthly pantheons but the God Council seemed to agree that they could always create more humans if the Serpent destroyed so perhaps it was a joint effort.

The Elder God origin retcon in the 80's makes shit even more confusing but that hasn't been relevant in a long time, particularly to Asgard and the World Tree. Wonder how Pak's retcon of Gaea fits into all of this.

Anyways, it's a bit of a mess.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
In every origin told in the last decade that I can think of, Odin and his ilk predate man

And this isn't some bed time story, we saw how literal it was in JMS', Fraction's, Gillen's flashbacks etc. unlike the other pantheons.

Asgard obviously has the most claims for creating man/earth and the strongest ones out of the Earthly pantheons but the God Council seemed to agree that they could always create more humans if the Serpent destroyed so perhaps it was a joint effort. Wasn't there a story arc where they stated that the Pantheon used to be one god? Or something like that? Maybe I'm mixing the Marvel gods up with another company or story.

But, does that sound familiar at all?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Pantheon? What Pantheon? Asgard?

Back in the 80's Roy Thomas retconned Asgard's history heavily, mostly for introducing the Celestials into the Marvel Universe. Basically the current Asgardians were created by a single Odin 1500 years ago after he's Asgard died from Ragnarok.

I think that might be what you're talking about. Thankfully all of that shit was promptly ignored/retconned by Walter Simonson when he came on as the next consistent writer. And he was right to do so, because it was stupid shit.

Whiteclipse
Well, it's a good thing that your opinion is absolutely useless. I tried to be civil.

Your not being civil at all dude. You are just calling everyone that disagrees with you a dick.

The Merchant
Guys, chill with the insults. Anyways, it seems to me this is a fairly even match, regarding Horrificus posts.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Whiteclipse
Your not being civil at all dude. You are just calling everyone that disagrees with you a dick. Post it.
Post me calling everyone who disagrees with me a dick. Since I seem to be doing it so much.

And, if you can't back up what you just posted, just stay silent.

I simply pointed out, to one forum member, that he was being a dick for no reason. Not because he disagreed. But, because he riddled his posts, from the very first post in this thread, where he addressed my statements with insult.

Appearing in a thread and starting your argument with an insult is not going to endear a member to anybody.

And, there was no reason for it.

So, I tried to be cool a couple times, then gave up. Period.

I'm not even arguing who wins or loses. I was simply posting some fluff and excerpts from the books. I have been reading 40K novels since they started writing them and have White Dwarf mags going back about 20 years.

As members might back me up with, when it comes to knowing, scanning and archiving old sh*t, I am pretty solid. And, when somebody comes along, debating in a hostile manner, while clearly they only have solid knowledge about more recent books, I don't have time for it.

It's not my problem if a kid just started reading comic books and novels in the last 6 years. Thanksgiving is here and some people should just eat their turkey at the Kiddie Table.

NemeBro
Well, it's a good thing that your opinion is absolutely useless. I tried to be civil.

It truly doesn't matter.

Four gods who can be driven off in fear by an attack merely more destructive than a supernova means nothing.

Point out where I contradicted myself.

Blublublub.

Hurrr...?

Originally posted by The Merchant
Didn't a force that was stronger than a supernova make Emperor the vegetable he is now?

This is the first mention of that specific quote, which you didn't bring up.

Now you're taking credit for other people's posts?

And do note that that quote only hurts your point, not helps it.

I said I wouldn't accept outdated fluff, aka fluff that is no longer valid, like much of 3e Necrons, or 3e Grey Knights. Or Magnus the Red being a literal cyclops in older material.

By all means, try to do so.

Point out where I have used narrative hyperbole.

You're such a crybaby.

Cry some moar girly.

But no, I've read older material than the Horus Heresy series.

I've been a member on DakkaDakka for a while actually.

Hey look! Someone's whining on crying on the internet!

Stop mewling like a little girl and prove the Chaos Gods are as powerful as you say they are, or shut the **** up.

TheGodKiller
In every origin told in the last two decade that I can think off of the top of my head, Odin and his father/brothers predate man and even the Earth recently. Perhaps the Universe depending your interpretation of Fraction's reton.

Asgard obviously has the most claims for creating man/earth and the strongest ones out of the Earthly pantheons but the God Council seemed to agree that they could always create more humans if the Serpent destroyed so perhaps it was a joint effort.

The Elder God origin retcon in the 80's makes shit even more confusing but that hasn't been relevant in a long time, particularly to Asgard and the World Tree. Wonder how Pak's retcon of Gaea fits into all of this.

Anyways, it's a bit of a mess.
I agree that it is a bit of a mess, but personally for me, humans creating gods via their imagination affecting the dead Elder Gods magical remains is the one that makes most sense. But that's just me.

As far as the Elder Gods are concerned, don't forget Chaos War and how it impacts the history of Earth's Gods.

Horrificus
It truly doesn't matter.

Four gods who can be driven off in fear by an attack merely more destructive than a supernova means nothing.

Point out where I contradicted myself.

Blublublub.

Hurrr...?

This is the first mention of that specific quote, which you didn't bring up.

Now you're taking credit for other people's posts?

And do note that that quote only hurts your point, not helps it.

I said I wouldn't accept outdated fluff, aka fluff that is no longer valid, like much of 3e Necrons, or 3e Grey Knights. Or Magnus the Red being a literal cyclops in older material.

By all means, try to do so.

Point out where I have used narrative hyperbole.

You're such a crybaby.

Cry some moar girly.

But no, I've read older material than the Horus Heresy series.

I've been a member on DakkaDakka for a while actually.

Hey look! Someone's whining on crying on the internet!

Stop mewling like a little girl and prove the Chaos Gods are as powerful as you say they are, or shut the **** up. Too late. You will not be taken seriously.

You are a kid with a crappy attitude. A 40K newbie and you only know a fraction of the fluff and written matter out there.

I am not going to educate you.

But, here is a tip: Read MORE books. Stop basing your entire arguments on the Horus Heresy series alone.

And, you really should not be going up against any members that show even a hint of 40K Veteran status.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Horrificus
Pantheon? What Pantheon? Asgard?

Back in the 80's Roy Thomas retconned Asgard's history heavily, mostly for introducing the Celestials into the Marvel Universe. Basically the current Asgardians were created by a single Odin 1500 years ago after he's Asgard died from Ragnarok.

I think that might be what you're talking about. Thankfully all of that shit was promptly ignored/retconned by Walter Simonson when he came on as the next consistent writer. And he was right to do so, because it was stupid shit. Sorry. I meant "Pantheons". Plural.
It was a story that did drastic retcon, saying that the skyfathers used to be only one skyfather type being. Then they broke into the various pantheons.
I'm not sure. Something like that.
I just thought I would see if that sounded familiar to you.

the Darkone
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Some feats from Odin include:

-Telepathically dueling Galactus
-Telepathically altering the memories of Midgard and Asgard
-Shunting the realm of Asgard from its normal dimensional plane
-Forcibly taking the souls/essence of an entire race of beings and melding them into a single one (ie. creating Mangog)
-Enchanting Mjolnir and various other mystical weapons/artifacts
-Engaging Seth in a battle which was allegedly multiversal in scope (allegedly wasn't even at full power)
-Destroying galaxies
-Stopping and reversing time
-Capable of forcibly taking a soul from Mephisto's realm and sending it to TOAA and 'heaven'
-Physically capable of overpowering the likes of Thor

I will say that this God Emperor of Mankind dude does sound impressive, but Odin's feats, especially in the midst of combat, are superior to what has been listed so far.

Damn, you beat to it but also I would like to add that Odin doesn't use the full power of the Odin force in battles, using the full power of the Odin Force he grows in size.

Horrificus
Originally posted by the Darkone
Damn, you beat to it but also I would like to add that Odin doesn't use the full power of the Odin force in battles, using the full power of the Odin Force he grows in size. Odin is definitely way up there in power.
You could either chalk it up to him just having higher power-set, feats and activities, or you can figure that he is just the skyfather that is written about the most.

But, if comparing him to other skyfathers, he seems to be out of their league.

NemeBro
Too late. You will not be taken seriously.

You are a kid with a crappy attitude. A 40K newbie and you only know a fraction of the fluff and written matter out there.

I am not going to educate you.

But, here is a tip: Read MORE books. Stop basing your entire arguments on the Horus Heresy series alone.

And, you really should not be going up against any members that show even a hint of 40K Veteran status.

Thanks for wasting my time.

Wow, your jimmies really are rustled, aren't they?

I cited books other than the Horus Heresy series, which anyone can see (Horus Heresy: Betrayal isn't part of the novel series btw, it's a new expansion for the main gameline by Forgeworld).

You clearly aren't a 40k veteran because you haven't backed up a single goddamn thing you've said.

I've been in 40k for, oh, about three or more years at this point I guess. That that isn't as long as you have been into it means exactly dick, because it is evident that my own knowledge eclipses yours, as shown by the fact that I can cite my ****ing sources. Oh, and I'm 21, btw.

You're butthurt, and have no counter to anything I have brought, which is exactly why you are copping out. Your sorry attempt to save face only makes you look like a pathetic sodomite.

Horrificus
Wow, your jimmies really are rustled, aren't they?

I cited books other than the Horus Heresy series, which anyone can see (Horus Heresy: Betrayal isn't part of the novel series btw, it's a new expansion for the main gameline by Forgeworld).

You clearly aren't a 40k veteran because you haven't backed up a single goddamn thing you've said.

I've been in 40k for, oh, about three or more years at this point I guess. That that isn't as long as you have been into it means exactly dick, because it is evident that my own knowledge eclipses yours, as shown by the fact that I can cite my ****ing sources. Oh, and I'm 21, btw.

You're butthurt, and have no counter to anything I have brought, which is exactly why you are copping out. Your sorry attempt to save face only makes you look like a pathetic sodomite. I'm not butthurt at all. I'm just laughin at you.
No matter how much of a little tough guy you try to be right now, I am 100% right.
Wow! You are 21? That's almost as long as I have been reading this stuff. Almost.
You have knowledge of a small corner of the material. And, because you don't have the balls to concede the point and be honest, you would rather push and push.
You are like a person that has only read X-Men, showing up in a thread concerning the whole Marvel Universe and trying to force your opinion into a respected light. It ain't gonna happen.
And, when you realize that there is a member that knows you are full of crap, rather than just be honest and laugh it off for what it is, (a comic book thread) and enjoy it, you think you are going to get somewhere my insulting and being a skag.

You have only read a small fraction of what has been getting put out there for decades. I am not even exaggerating.

Do yourself a favor. Go back, read my posts again, honestly look into the statements and claims I made. That way, you will FINALLY read the books. Then, you come back and I will argue with you and debate with you.
The handful of books and fluff you know about, is not enough for you to be so arrogant. You must be used to acting like you know something, while you are around members that don't have in-depth 40k interest.
That's all over now.

Run along.

NemeBro
A. You have yet to point out what I said that was "full of crap".
B. You have yet to post evidence.
C. You have yet to even cite the name of a book.
D. When I called you out on your erroneous statements, rather than cite a source or post evidence, you decided to act delightfully smug and condescending, which would be fine, had you posted the evidence or even cited a source to back it up.
E. I'll go ahead and apologise for the start of my first post, which could be considered needlessly confrontational in terms of the vocabulary used. Yet it was you who made the biased assumptions about me (I only know recent fluff, that my opinion was worthless, etc.) which I did not, in fact, do right off the bat.
F. Your assertion that I am in fact the one making bullshit statements with no knowledge is ****ing hilarious, considering you:
a. Said there is nothing that states/shows that the Emperor was getting his ass kicked by the Dragon before he found its weakness, when Mechanicum, aka the only source that so much as references the Emperor's fight with the Dragon, shows as much.
b. You seemed to have no knowledge of Gork and Mork's supremacy in terms of raw power in the Warp, which is fairly common knowledge on any 40k forum.
c. You called fluff that is like, 10+ years old recent, in your further attempt to be smug and ad hominem/well poison my points away. You also seemed to have no knowledge of the origins of the Chaos Gods in Realm of Chaos.
G. You can't even be consistent in your ignorant dismissals of my posts.

"It's too bad too. You sound like you read a lot of 40K stuff. It could have been cool to hear more from you."

Yet I have only read the Horus Heresy series now? What a ****ing joke.

Anyway, it is pretty self-evident that I have knowledge of more than just recent books, since I can sort of, you know, cite said books. You, on the other hand, have apparently only skimmed wh40k.lexicanum.com.

Oh, and on the Chaos Gods and The Emperor:

The Emperor, after a cataclysmic galactic event known as the Age of Strife/Old Night, caused by the sudden appearance of human psykers across the galaxy, was forced to wait until the Warp Storms that cut off much of galactic civilization died down before he could embark upon the stars for his Great Crusade. If the Emperor, whom equals Chaos, was unable to stifle a galactic phenomenon in the Warp, what does that say about Chaos and the Emperor? That neither were universal. Simple.

Horrificus
A. You have yet to point out what I said that was "full of crap".
B. You have yet to post evidence.
C. You have yet to even cite the name of a book.
D. When I called you out on your erroneous statements, rather than cite a source or post evidence, you decided to act delightfully smug and condescending, which would be fine, had you posted the evidence or even cited a source to back it up.
E. I'll go ahead and apologise for the start of my first post, which could be considered needlessly confrontational in terms of the vocabulary used. Yet it was you who made the biased assumptions about me (I only know recent fluff, that my opinion was worthless, etc.) which I did not, in fact, do right off the bat.
F. Your assertion that I am in fact the one making bullshit statements with no knowledge is ****ing hilarious, considering you:
a. Said there is nothing that states/shows that the Emperor was getting his ass kicked by the Dragon before he found its weakness, when Mechanicum, aka the only source that so much as references the Emperor's fight with the Dragon, shows as much.
b. You seemed to have no knowledge of Gork and Mork's supremacy in terms of raw power in the Warp, which is fairly common knowledge on any 40k forum.
c. You called fluff that is like, 10+ years old recent, in your further attempt to be smug and ad hominem/well poison my points away. You also seemed to have no knowledge of the origins of the Chaos Gods in Realm of Chaos.
G. You can't even be consistent in your ignorant dismissals of my posts.

"It's too bad too. You sound like you read a lot of 40K stuff. It could have been cool to hear more from you."

Yet I have only read the Horus Heresy series now? What a ****ing joke.

Anyway, it is pretty self-evident that I have knowledge of more than just recent books, since I can sort of, you know, cite said books. You, on the other hand, have apparently only skimmed wh40k.lexicanum.com.

Oh, and on the Chaos Gods and The Emperor:

The Emperor, after a cataclysmic galactic event known as the Age of Strife/Old Night, caused by the sudden appearance of human psykers across the galaxy, was forced to wait until the Warp Storms that cut off much of galactic civilization died down before he could embark upon the stars for his Great Crusade. If the Emperor, whom equals Chaos, was unable to stifle a galactic phenomenon in the Warp, what does that say about Chaos and the Emperor? That neither were universal. Simple. U see, I have read almost the whole pile, going back a long time. I know what is recent and what is old. What is true retcon and what is a statement in one or two books, as opposed to many, many statements in many, many books.

You have sited a minute fraction of the material, and tried to use it to trump volumes . And you didn't even try to be cool about it.
EVERYTHING I stated is in print, some of it many times in many books. The fluff you countered with is in the minority, from 40k forums or just your opinion.

If you chose to go with it, that's fine. But, you can't force your view on somebody that knows more of the material better than you. No matter what tactic you use.

You mention the Emperor not being able to quell the chaos gods during Age of Strife/Old Night. If you go back and read my posts, I talked about how he dilutes his power in many ways, sending it here and there, and throughout the trillions of humans in the imperium. That he does not consolidate and use his power the way traditional entities and comic book gods do.

And, the problem wasn't that the chaos gods personally kept the Emperor from humanity during the Age of Strife/Old Night. It was that the warp itself was in upheaval and made impossible to travel thanks to the chaos gods, WITH the added power of humanity in abandon, the terror and hate and fear of trillions of humans and the appearance of huge numbers of human mutant psykers. The warp was completely unleashed and uncontrollable.

Dude! You just sited "Mechanicum" (which is a relatively shiny new book) and 40k forums for your assessment of Gork and Mork. You are proving my point.

Stop giving me fuel!
This thread isn't even that important to me.
I just check in every couple of days to see how upset you are. It cheers me up. big grin

Seriously though, this material isn't the same as arguing a comic book. Comics are made for us to be looking at the character, on-panel, with a mix of depicted action, with dialogue and some narration. The pictures and dialogue are usually taken as firm "facts of the story". Unless the dialogue takes obvious poetic liberties. But, the narration is often taking liberties with what is happening in the Comic book.

But, when you are dealing strictly with novels, most of the details are either dialogue, or narration that is often a writer taking artistic license with the details of the story.

2 writers can each create a novel about Magnus the Red, (my personal favorite). They could even include many of the same history. But, writer x may go way over the top compared to writer y, when describing situations.

Who is right? The guy that wrote, "Magnus struck Leman Russ with such a blow, it shattered many of the nearby mountains!"? Or, the guy that wrote, "Magnus hit Leman Russ."?

I am going to go with the statement that most coincides with the majority of written references that have made it into novels.

Continuity in 40K books is a lot weaker than comic books also. Horus Heresy books play it very loose, while non-Horus Heresy books are still being written that do not play along the same lines as the HH info.

Books come out simultaneously, depicting the same situations with different spins. So, ,I wouldn't have blamed you for your views at all and would have understood and respected them. Except for the fact that you tried to trash my views immediately.

But, yes, I do know where you are coming from.
And, no, the statements you make, that are on the written page are probably just as valid as mine in most cases, even if they differ.

That's why it's a pain in the ass! As I stated way back in my earlier posts.

NemeBro
U see, I have read almost the whole pile, going back a long time. I know what is recent and what is old. What is true retcon and what is a statement in one or two books, as opposed to many, many statements in many, many books.

Stop posturing, no one is impressed.

I have cited relevant sources to my case. Rather than citing, say, the Index Astartes article on Lion El'Jonson.

Why haven't you posted any evidence yet, or even what book your view is from? All this posturing is getting really boring.

Lol. This guy.

"The Emperor, after a cataclysmic galactic event known as the Age of Strife/Old Night, caused by the sudden appearance of human psykers across the galaxy, was forced to wait until the Warp Storms that cut off much of galactic civilization died down before he could embark upon the stars for his Great Crusade. If the Emperor, whom equals Chaos, was unable to stifle a galactic phenomenon in the Warp, what does that say about Chaos and the Emperor? That neither were universal. Simple."

Point out where you see "Chaos Gods" in my brief assessment of Old Night.

Also, prove that the Emperor was consolidating his power at this point. You have a vague point if you're talking about directing and influencing the Astronomicon, but he wasn't doing that at this point, since it sort of didn't exist.

Though, there are some implications that Slaanesh's festering in the Warp aided in making it uncontrollable, supported by Old Night ending after its birth.

Wow. Not only have you not read Mechanicum, it is patently obvious you have only vaguely skimmed my posts.

I cited Mechanicum as evidence for the Emperor's fight with The Dragon, considering, you know, it is literally the only source to so much as mention the fight (Where the Emperor was being tooled by a weakened shadow of the former Dragon), let alone detail it.

I cited Titanicus, or more appropriately Adeptus Titanicus (So as not to confuse it with the Dan Abnett novel Titanicus), which was released in 1988.

Get on my level.

Yeah no. Let's be real here, you nearly ragequit the thread, you're frankly buttmad.

K.

K.

Both are technically accurate, but the latter does not contradict or invalidate the former. The former just has more details.

K.

If you have a point make it.

You didn't bother to justify your views.

No but really, you should tell me what book has led you to believe that the Chaos Gods are universal entities.

Horrificus
Stop posturing, no one is impressed.

I have cited relevant sources to my case. Rather than citing, say, the Index Astartes article on Lion El'Jonson.

Why haven't you posted any evidence yet, or even what book your view is from? All this posturing is getting really boring.

Lol. This guy.

"The Emperor, after a cataclysmic galactic event known as the Age of Strife/Old Night, caused by the sudden appearance of human psykers across the galaxy, was forced to wait until the Warp Storms that cut off much of galactic civilization died down before he could embark upon the stars for his Great Crusade. If the Emperor, whom equals Chaos, was unable to stifle a galactic phenomenon in the Warp, what does that say about Chaos and the Emperor? That neither were universal. Simple."

Point out where you see "Chaos Gods" in my brief assessment of Old Night.

Also, prove that the Emperor was consolidating his power at this point. You have a vague point if you're talking about directing and influencing the Astronomicon, but he wasn't doing that at this point, since it sort of didn't exist.

Though, there are some implications that Slaanesh's festering in the Warp aided in making it uncontrollable, supported by Old Night ending after its birth.

Wow. Not only have you not read Mechanicum, it is patently obvious you have only vaguely skimmed my posts.

I cited Mechanicum as evidence for the Emperor's fight with The Dragon, considering, you know, it is literally the only source to so much as mention the fight (Where the Emperor was being tooled by a weakened shadow of the former Dragon), let alone detail it.

I cited Titanicus, or more appropriately Adeptus Titanicus (So as not to confuse it with the Dan Abnett novel Titanicus), which was released in 1988.

Get on my level.

Yeah no. Let's be real here, you nearly ragequit the thread, you're frankly buttmad.

K.

K.

Both are technically accurate, but the latter does not contradict or invalidate the former. The former just has more details.

K.

If you have a point make it.

You didn't bother to justify your views.

No but really, you should tell me what book has led you to believe that the Chaos Gods are universal entities. I will try to post some stuff in a couple days.
Thanksgiving is killing me.

ghostman
bump.

One Big Mob
Thanksgiving actually did kill him it turns out. Everyone ignored the signs.

RealityWarper
Odin...

The GEOM was a cadaver that has been trashed out of the Golden Throne.

deathslash
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Odin...

The GEOM was a cadaver that has been trashed out of the Golden Throne. lol, the emperor wrecks Odin's weak ass.

playa1258
The Emperor has a chance. Just putting it out there.

Putinbot1
Even for star wars nerds and comic geeks Warhammer 40K is surely too ****ing ghey isn't it?

deathslash
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Even for star wars nerds and comic geeks Warhammer 40K is surely too ****ing ghey isn't it? sarcasm doesn't work well online, so you'll have to be straight with me; are you joking or not? Regardless of your answer, 40k has some of the most hardcore and all around awesome characters in all of fiction.

https://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/3/2055/thumb_620x2000/Salamanders2ndCoCommander.png
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/db/73/cfdb7358c0ab8aa45cfe0772476f186b.jpg

One of my favorite pieces of art right here:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/773/046/8d3.jpg

Putinbot1
Originally posted by deathslash
sarcasm doesn't work well online, so you'll have to be straight with me; are you joking or not? Regardless of your answer, 40k has some of the most hardcore and all around awesome characters in all of fiction.

https://media.moddb.com/cache/images/groups/1/3/2055/thumb_620x2000/Salamanders2ndCoCommander.png
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/cf/db/73/cfdb7358c0ab8aa45cfe0772476f186b.jpg

One of my favorite pieces of art right here:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/773/046/8d3.jpg Meh, reminds me of shitty Iron Maiden Posters circa 1982-1990.

deathslash
Originally posted by Putinbot1
Meh, reminds me of shitty Iron Maiden Posters circa 1982-1990. that's your own personal opinion and I doubt I can change it. However, if you're ever want to see if it's any good, I suggest picking up one of the Ciaphas Cain books. They're hugely entertaining self contained stories written from the point of view of a self proclaimed coward that hilariously gets sh*t done when he needs to. They're essentially James Bond novels with significantly more humor.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by deathslash
that's your own personal opinion and I doubt I can change it. However, if you're ever want to see if it's any good, I suggest picking up one of the Ciaphas Cain books. They're hugely entertaining self contained stories written from the point of view of a self proclaimed coward that hilariously gets sh*t done when he needs to. They're essentially James Bond novels with significantly more humor. Don't imagine I will, I'm working my way through English-language translations of originally non-English language Nobel Prize winners for literature. I just read "The Lion and the Jewel".

Board Walker
The Emperor of Mankind in his earlier days on Terra (Approx medieval age), encountered and fought the Void Dragon. Now it is important to note that the Void dragon was a fully intact C'Tan, who unlike the majority of his brethren was not sharded by the Necron Army during the civil war following the war in heaven.

The C'Tan in full form were masters of reality/space/time/matter/etc, they were able to effortlessly create black holes, blink stars out of existence, detonate galaxies, erase time or multiple it as they saw fit. The C'Tan were of such power that the Old Ones and their empire of creations (proto Eldar, Proto orks, etc) were utterly pushed back, the Old Ones were capable of rendering reality with thoughts and they were out powered by the C'Tan + Necrons.

I think people in this thread are seriously underestimating how powerful the EoM was during his uninjured days, he fought one of the most powerful fully intact C'Tan (The void Dragon).

During his final duel with Horus upon the vengeful spirit, as he delivered the death blow to Horus all four Chaos gods fled from Horus. This is because if they would have stayed they risked outright being destroyed by the EoM's attack. Horus ceased to exist entirely, so erased from existence upon every level that the Chaos gods were unable to resurrect his soul or even find any shred of it.

The list of feats that the EoM has is very long, and is mostly covered in the Horus Heresy series of the Black Library.

One Big Mob
I hear bits and pieces about the Warhammer universe and it always sounds so far beyond space battles that I pay it no mind. I fear the day is coming when I actually start looking into the material though.

Putinbot1
Originally posted by One Big Mob
I hear bits and pieces about the Warhammer universe and it always sounds so far beyond space battles that I pay it no mind. I fear the day is coming when I actually start looking into the material though. It's just the Rob Liefied meets Iron Maiden Imagery at a medieval reenactment that puts me the **** off Bran.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.