Thors Hammer vs. The Juggernaut

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
So we are all familiar with the scene at the end of the Thor movie where Loki is laying on his back & Thor places his hammer on his chest & Loki is unable to get up

Lets say that it's Jggernaut who his laying on his back and is attempting to sit up just as Thor drops his hammer on his chest.

Can Juggernaut get up off his back?

Silent Master
No.

juggerman
Probably not since he has no momentum backing him up. His strength is crazy high but since Mjolnir has magical "cannot lift" enchantments i'd say no

byrdgang21
Originally posted by juggerman
Probably not since he has no momentum backing him up. His strength is crazy high but since Mjolnir has magical "cannot lift" enchantments i'd say no

Even if he is in mid motion of starting to sit up?

juggerman
Now that's hard to say i think. Since Juggernaut's unstoppable momentum is also mystical it would depend on which enchantment was more powerful.

That or Mjolnir would simply slide down Juggernaut's torso until it hit the ground. End result would be Juggernaut wasn't stopped and Mjolnir wasn't lifted. That's the most likely result

Silent Master
Juggernaut gets trapped under Mjolnir.

juggerman
Here's a question for ya: Does Juggernaut's unstoppability apply to him in all aspects? Like if he throws a punch nothing would stop his fist (except of course himself and range of motion)?

godking
Originally posted by byrdgang21
So we are all familiar with the scene at the end of the Thor movie where Loki is laying on his back & Thor places his hammer on his chest & Loki is unable to get up

Lets say that it's Jggernaut who his laying on his back and is attempting to sit up just as Thor drops his hammer on his chest.

Can Juggernaut get up off his back? Yes he can the hammer is magically enchanted that it cannot be lifted that does not mean that people cannot slide out from under it.

Silent Master
I've never seen anyone slide out from under Mjolnir, do you have a scan?

godking
Originally posted by Silent Master
I've never seen anyone slide out from under Mjolnir, do you have a scan? I dont have a scan but other then the magical enchantment of not being able to lift it Mjolnir pretty much follows basic physics .

Edit
Red Hulk was able to slide his hands out from under Mjolnir. granted is was not his entire body but it is possible as the hammer does not have infinite weight.

I see no reason why Juggernaut should not be able to slide out from under the hammer as he technically would not be lifting it

h1a8
Now, Juggernaut can be slowed (not stopped) by conventional force. Mjolnir will definitely slow him but definitely not completely halt him at the first instant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.