Revan vs. Starkiller

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

axel_jovan

Darth _Sadow1
I say Revan. If Starkiller and everyone else's force powers aare insane, who's to say Revan wouldn't have enhanced powers? Also, He has far greater experience, having fought an army whose warriors are much harder to kill than Stormtroopers. Revan is also a master strategist who would just get Starkiller angry and then use it against him.

Nephthys
Starkiller would annihilate him.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Nephthys
How so? What would stop Revan from turning Starkiller's lightning back on him? How would starkiller know not to do that? Like I said before, Revan would play mind games with him. If you think Revan would get destroyed, are you saying that Sidious was THAT much more powerful than Revan?

Nephthys
Well if he redirects it back on to him Marek can either absorb it again or block it with his lightsaber.

And yes, yes I am saying that. All Revan has is his lightning redirection in the way of impressive powers. That itsn't enough to stop Marek. Particularly as this is TFUII Marek who is insanely powerful.

Darth _Sadow1
Well if he redirects it back on to him Marek can either absorb it again or block it with his lightsaber.

And yes, yes I am saying that. All Revan has is his lightning redirection in the way of impressive powers. That itsn't enough to stop Marek. Particularly as this is TFUII Marek who is insanely powerful.
I know everybody loves Starkiller, but seriously, He REALLY isn't the best force user to ever live! if he was, he would have actually defeated Sidious instead of holding him off! And if he is the game's protagonost, of course he is going to be powerful!

And on another note, that book downplays Revan as much as he could possibly be put down. Warrior who tried to toughen up the republic he cared about by becoming a Sith Lord? Naah he got mind raped. They really tried hard to smash Revan as hard as they could....and THAT is why I will never play TOR. I can't forgive what they did to Revan...

GenomeFrozener
Isn't Starkiller from TFUII technically a different being than the one from TFUI?

UltimateAnomaly
Well, there is Galen, and then there is Starkiller the clone.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
I know everybody loves Starkiller, but seriously, He REALLY isn't the best force user to ever live! if he was, he would have actually defeated Sidious instead of holding him off! And if he is the game's protagonost, of course he is going to be powerful!

And on another note, that book downplays Revan as much as he could possibly be put down. Warrior who tried to toughen up the republic he cared about by becoming a Sith Lord? Naah he got mind raped. They really tried hard to smash Revan as hard as they could....and THAT is why I will never play TOR. I can't forgive what they did to Revan...

I know he isn't. That does not change the fact that he's demonstrated more power than Revan has and could defeat him.

_BoB7tS1fOU&feature

Check out from 2.50 to 3.30. Thats a chunk of a Star Destroyer he's throwing around. And then, thats a CR90 corvette he's doing to same to. Those things are 150 meters in length. That's longer than a football stadium. The Star Destroyer is 10 times that size.

Yes the book was awful. TOR is pretty good though. Revan is hardly featured outside of 1 quest and a group raid though so meh.

jmoul

In TFU I, Starkiller would have killed Sidious, but if he had done so in the scenario, he would have returned to the dark side, something he had chosen to leave behind. He also held off Sidious's lightning long enough to allow the Rebel Alliance founders to escape. His act was one of self-sacrifice, making him a Jedi in death. However, the Starkiller we are talking about, from TFU II, never faced Sidious. In fact, Sidious isn't even mentioned in TFU II, to my knowledge.

The real key that gives Starkiler the advantage is his ability to be extremely creative with the Force in combat. While lightning redirection is indeed an impressive feat for Revan, Starkiller was strong enough do that and incorporate lightning into his lightsaber attacks. All-in-all, Starkiller was just a straight-up BAMF in terms of Force and lightsaber use.

The_Tempest
Comparatively, feat to feat?

thumb up

The_Tempest
I know he isn't. That does not change the fact that he's demonstrated more power than Revan has and could defeat him.

_BoB7tS1fOU&feature

Check out from 2.50 to 3.30. Thats a chunk of a Star Destroyer he's throwing around. And then, thats a CR90 corvette he's doing to same to. Those things are 150 meters in length. That's longer than a football stadium. The Star Destroyer is 10 times that size.

Yes the book was awful. TOR is pretty good though. Revan is hardly featured outside of 1 quest and a group raid though so meh.

One of the more impressive feats is the mini-cutscene in which Starkiller's Force-charged cannon blast eviscerates a Star Destroyer: literally blowing it apart.

Nephthys
By the looks of it he just helped it go back on-line again. It was knocked off-line in the previous video, but the energy should still be there, and it looks to me like he's simply getting it connected to the cannon again I don't see that feat as too quantifiable in terms of what Starkiller did or how much was him or the cannon.

Rookwood
Originally posted by axel_jovan
Got an idea for this thread while reading a comment by a fellow KMC member on how Revan & Starkiller are the two characters that stand out as the most epic heroes in the SW saga, and how they enrich EU by their mere presence

Starkiller diseases EU by his mere presence.

Darth _Sadow1
Starkiller is just an excuse to use outrageous force powers...Seriously. Although I do love when Vader is a d*** to him. I think any of us would make better apprentices and have more realistic emotions than Starkiller

The_Tempest
By the looks of it he just helped it go back on-line again. It was knocked off-line in the previous video, but the energy should still be there, and it looks to me like he's simply getting it connected to the cannon again I don't see that feat as too quantifiable in terms of what Starkiller did or how much was him or the cannon.

Z1IabyjLi3A

8:07-8:30. You can see him charge the cannon. Setting that aside, I'm not sure why we would assume a Nebulon-B frigate can oneshot a Star Destroyer.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Z1IabyjLi3A

8:07-8:30. You can see him charge the cannon. Setting that aside, I'm not sure why we would assume a Nebulon-B frigate can oneshot a Star Destroyer.
Ummm, If you have played Empire at War, you would know that a Star Destroyer would eat a Nebulan-B Frigate for lunch. Two even. maybe more, with little difficulty. At least when I am the commander
cool cool

S_W_LeGenD
I don't think so.

Real-world perspective:

Starkiller looks special because of the way TFU games have been designed; to impress the audience with fantastic usage of Force powers.

Bioware games are designed in entirely different manner. Force feats in Bioware games do not look very impressive due engine design.

In-universe perspective:

Just like Starkiller, Revan have fought through entire armies and succeeded. You cannot underestimate him just because he is not shown moving a Star Destroyer. His accomplishments speak for themselves.

Darth Vader proved to be a headache for Starkiller. Revan is (logically) smarter and more powerful in comparison.

Depends! If Revan augments it with his own power or not. Possibility does exists.

You failed to factor-in that HOW MUCH POWER would have been required to counter the signature attack from Darth Nyriss.

Sometimes, feats not much bigger in sheer scale, are much harder to perform then the others.

Starkiller is just an excuse to use outrageous force powers...Seriously. Although I do love when Vader is a d*** to him. I think any of us would make better apprentices and have more realistic emotions than Starkiller
Fancy game mechanics is what TFU is actually famous for.

Evaporate opponents; destroy armies; destroy tanks; move starships; and at the end; find Darth Vader challenging. Very well though out. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Arhael
Revan is arguably the dumbest person in entire EU.

From beginning he thinks that he is more clever than Jedi Masters that have decades more experience and launches his own movement against Mandalorians, which resulted in hell lot of Jedi becoming Sith as result. Instead of finding peaceful solution he went for mass slaughter, which as result created likes of Nihilus, responsible for destroying entire planet and annihilating nearly all Jedi.

After Mandalorian war he starts investigation, sounds alright. But on discovering Sith world instead of ringing on Republic alarms he decides to put his apprentice and himself in danger in ridiculous attempt to handle problem themselves. No surprise that they got mind raped and became creators of new Sith empire on their own. It's amazing that the most powerful Jedi of that time also happened to be so weak minded, to get mind raped and then get mind wiped by Jedi. Then at last he did something good: saved half ruined Republic from the threat he unleashed himself.

But then he got bored. And started something he shouldn't have: investigation. Before that he gave out location of Mandalorian mask, so they could rebuilt and defend republic. Is he MAD? Whenever Mandalorians helped republic? No wonder that they are on Empire's side in TOR.
Then he remembers Sith location but instead of consulting Jedi again he thinks that he can handle anything. And what then? Again he gets captured...

Then Exile gives him third chance to make it right. And of course he does it wrong again. Instead of going back to Republic to ring alarm bells he tries to take down Vitiate again. And on entrance he politely left his comrades behind, why would he need them? He is so awesome that he doesn't need anyone to handle some old Sith. Of course he gets handled again. Exile died and Republic is still in the dark that there is danger in unknown regions. Getting captured three times by the same Sith, he must be really "unordinary Jedi" to fail so much.
Then JK wakes him up only to get assassinated by a random Sith, what a waste.

Same goes for Drew Karpshyn's books. His characters look so much more powerful than any characters in other books because he made them to look like that.

Apparently not much considering that her lightning is "inventively" weaker, than Vitiate's.

Star Destroyer will always be size of Star Destroyer. However, even Sidious' lightning couldn't make a single burn on Windu's skin, nothing comparing to charring to ashes instantly. It's not hard to distinguish a hyperbole from realistic feat. Yes, yes. Marek's feat is realistic. He did it by prolonged channeling. Dorsk 82, for example, demonstrated FAT more impressive TK feat than just redirecting course of already falling ship.

Vitiate dominated hundreds Sith lords, consumed entire planet, casually handled Revan who casually handled Nyriss. And then... lost to a Jedi Knight on his own territory in the middle of darkside nexus. Even more well thought out. :thumb up:

Let's see.
Revan by deflecting lightning bolt back at Vitiate puts him on his ass. Then instead of using the momentary advantage like a retard waits until Vitiate stands up, charges up and pawns him.

In comparison Marek engaged Sidious after wasting power on defeating Vader. In cut-scene partially blocked his lightning with lightsaber, partially dodged it and than Force handled Sidious with TK and had him at his mercy. And after he refused to strike him down and Sidious unleashed his lightning again Marek still resisted it unlike Revan and stalemated Sidious until explosion.

Logically Marek >>>>> Revan because Revan didn't Force handle the most powerful Sith Lord but got casually handled by another one instead.

The_Tempest
First, you've redeemed yourself in my eyes.

Second, you might as well give up. Like Sion, he will return inevitably after each beatdown. Unlike Sion, he can't be reasoned with.

Nephthys
Z1IabyjLi3A

Because the Salvation is armed with a prototype Fusion Accelerator Cannon, which has never been seen before or since, so the power of it is unknown and might well be enough to do that.

And we don't see him charge it. We see him lightning the 2 blue things until they then lightning the sorrounding blue things independant of him and then he charges up a Force Push to fire the cannon. That could easily just be him turning it back on.

The_Tempest
Because the Salvation is armed with a prototype Fusion Accelerator Cannon, which has never been seen before or since, so the power of it is unknown and might well be enough to do that.

Wookieepedia isn't a source, son.
I'm scouring an online version of the novel and found no reference to it. Nor am I aware of it in the game of being referred to as anything but the "main gun" or "main cannon."

And we don't see him charge it. We see him lightning the 2 blue things until they then lightning the sorrounding blue things independant of him and then he charges up a Force Push to fire the cannon. That could easily just be him turning it back on.

Why would he need to use the Force to push the ordnance out if it were back online?

Nephthys
KNGjyx0du6c&feature

13.14 SUCK MY BONE BULGE B!TCH!

To fire it.

The_Tempest
Well played. My vengeance will be swift. :3

Why would he need to fire it if it were online and would presumably fire itself?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Arhael

LOL I would pay to have seen the look on SWLegend's face when reading this.

The_Tempest
As would I.

Nephthys
Well played. My vengeance will be swift. :3

Why would he need to fire it if it were online and would presumably fire itself?

YES! WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!

http://i.imgur.com/5BOas.gif

Urgh, who caaaaaares? The point is that you can clearly see him push a part of the cannon into place with his push. Ipso facto not a boosto.

The_Tempest
no

u fayl

Nephthys
Maybe it's something you need to do to load the cannon with ammunition or something. The point is that whoooooo caaaaaaaaaaaares?

Nephthys
oh and check the luke thread

The_Tempest
ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Nephthys
I'm never happy.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9jo04vi7E1rvnmlo.jpg

The_Tempest
Dude, I don't want to be an ass... but- but, erm... you have something in your eye.

Nephthys
It's rage. >:C

The_Tempest
You should get some ointment for that.

Nephthys
Ointment is flammable. And so only ignites the seething flames of my burning eyesocket fires. FIRES OF PISSEDOFFISHNESS! RAAAAAAAWWWWFFFFF!

The_Tempest
Amon. erm

Nephthys
Oh jeez, no. My scars are actually real and not some ****ing finger paint like that little girl uses. What a posinging little b2tch.

The_Tempest
No, that was the frownie of mourning.

Btw, Starkiller has some fairly sick feats in the Wii's version of the game too. You should take a gander.

Nephthys
That isn't a frown, its a 'I lost respect for you because of that comment'. Face.

Thats just even more confusing. If the wii has seperate scenes, then how do we determine whats canon or not? Theres like 4 different versions of the same events and their all the same level of canon!

The_Tempest
word

Nephthys
There is that lameass rule about the one thats the more recent is the most canon. But that rule is stupid and I don't really believe it should be true.

The_Tempest
I think all the video games were released on the same day?

Nephthys
But what about the books and comics?

So nope, they weren't.

The_Tempest
I wasn't talking about the books and comics?

Nephthys
I was?

The_Tempest
That's cool?

Nephthys
It was pretty obvious that I was? I did say 4 different events, didn't I?

The_Tempest
The point being that it clears nothing up because the video games themselves have contradictions?

Nephthys
No, because the Wii is an abomination?

The_Tempest
I do not like the Wii either? Why are you so eager to minimize Starkiller's feats, bro?

Nephthys
Why are you so eager to aggrandise them?

The_Tempest
I'm not aggrandizing them, I'm merely posting what's there?

Nephthys
No, you've been seeking out them and backing Starkiller for quite a while?

Whats your deal????????

The_Tempest
No, you've been seeking out them and backing Starkiller for quite a while?

Whats your deal????????

Seeking out Starkiller feats isn't the same thing as aggrandizing those feats? It's not my fault dude would whip Bane, bro?

And from the looks of it, so would Vader in the Wii version. Dude's beastly.

Ascendancy

From beginning he thinks that he is more clever than Jedi Masters that have decades more experience and launches his own movement against Mandalorians, which resulted in hell lot of Jedi becoming Sith as result. Instead of finding peaceful solution he went for mass slaughter, which as result created likes of Nihilus, responsible for destroying entire planet and annihilating nearly all Jedi.

After Mandalorian war he starts investigation, sounds alright. But on discovering Sith world instead of ringing on Republic alarms he decides to put his apprentice and himself in danger in ridiculous attempt to handle problem themselves. No surprise that they got mind raped and became creators of new Sith empire on their own. It's amazing that the most powerful Jedi of that time also happened to be so weak minded, to get mind raped and then get mind wiped by Jedi. Then at last he did something good: saved half ruined Republic from the threat he unleashed himself.

But then he got bored. And started something he shouldn't have: investigation. Before that he gave out location of Mandalorian mask, so they could rebuilt and defend republic. Is he MAD? Whenever Mandalorians helped republic? No wonder that they are on Empire's side in TOR.
Then he remembers Sith location but instead of consulting Jedi again he thinks that he can handle anything. And what then? Again he gets captured...

Then Exile gives him third chance to make it right. And of course he does it wrong again. Instead of going back to Republic to ring alarm bells he tries to take down Vitiate again. And on entrance he politely left his comrades behind, why would he need them? He is so awesome that he doesn't need anyone to handle some old Sith. Of course he gets handled again. Exile died and Republic is still in the dark that there is danger in unknown regions. Getting captured three times by the same Sith, he must be really "unordinary Jedi" to fail so much.

Same goes for Drew Karpshyn's books. His characters look so much more powerful than any characters in other books because he made them to look like that.

Apparently not much considering that her lightning is "inventively" weaker, than Vitiate's.

Star Destroyer will always be size of Star Destroyer. However, even Sidious' lightning couldn't make a single burn on Windu's skin, nothing comparing to charring to ashes instantly. It's not hard to distinguish a hyperbole from realistic feat. Yes, yes. Marek's feat is realistic. He did it by prolonged channeling. Dorsk 82, for example, demonstrated FAT more impressive TK feat than just redirecting course of already falling ship.

Vitiate dominated hundreds Sith lords, consumed entire planet, casually handled Revan who casually handled Nyriss. And then... lost to a Jedi Knight on his own territory in the middle of darkside nexus. Even more well thought out. :thumb up:

Let's see.
Revan by deflecting lightning bolt back at Vitiate puts him on his ass. Then instead of using the momentary advantage like a retard waits until Vitiate stands up, charges up and pawns him.

In comparison Marek engaged Sidious after wasting power on defeating Vader. In cut-scene partially blocked his lightning with lightsaber, partially dodged it and than Force handled Sidious with TK and had him at his mercy. And after he refused to strike him down and Sidious unleashed his lightning again Marek still resisted it unlike Revan and stalemated Sidious until explosion.

Logically Marek >>>>> Revan because Revan didn't Force handle the most powerful Sith Lord but got casually handled by another one instead.

Holy logic, Batman! Where did this come from? I've never seen you post anything nearly this coherent before. I have on numerous occasions enjoyed pointing out that your byline is "Devoid of Reality" because of the inanity that you usually post. Well-played, sir!

On a side-note, Darth Bane is the ultimate and all other Sith are bantha poodoo. *Dons Force-enhanced flame suit*

S_W_LeGenD

Let's see.

http://i.imgur.com/u6JSN.gif

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IrdXXgAc0A4/TqGGStdtgSI/AAAAAAAAAbE/RAfrRYp3ons/s1600/Superhero+Movie+Funny+Scenes.JPG

Nephthys
Uhhhhhh....... Double post all the way?

Across the sky?

DARTH POWER
Why are you so eager to aggrandise them?

The guy telekinetically controlled an entire frigate, walked through its reactor core (was it?) then blew up the whole ship with a thought. (Or half the ship.. Whatever)

With feats like that there's really no need for anyone to aggrandize anything. Perhaps not even possible short of making Starkiller a force god.

Nephthys
If its canon. :0)

S_W_LeGenD
This is arguably the dumbest claim from you thus far. See below.

From beginning he thinks that he is more clever than Jedi Masters that have decades more experience and launches his own movement against Mandalorians, which resulted in hell lot of Jedi becoming Sith as result.
You cannot fault Revan here. The Sith Emperor (Vitiate) planned this entire game by convincing the Mandalorians to declare war on the Old Republic. Mandalorians became a powerful and organized faction under the leadership of Mandalore the Ultimate and the Sith Emperor chose this faction (due to its past history with the Sith) to put his plans in motion after the defeat of Exar Kun. This time Mandalorians were capable enough to challenge the military might of Old Republic. The war may have resulted in the downfall of the Old Republic and/or Mandalorians along with it and the Sith would return to power and rule the Galaxy.

Unbeknownst to the Sith Emperor, a promising Jedi (Revan) rose to challenge his plans; Revan understood the gravity of the situation and decided to help the Old Republic against the Mandalorians. Now I want you to answer following questions:

1. Isn't the purpose of the Jedi Order to enforce peace and justice in the Galaxy or am I wrong here?

2. Unfortunately, the vastly experienced Jedi Council was watching the events (mass murders) like silent spectators; why? Hadn't the Jedi Order won in the previous big conflict: The Great Sith War? Did this victory not boost its morale?

3. The Jedi Order had no responsibility in protecting the Old Republic (the ruling society which harboured it)?

Like any sensible Jedi, Revan first approached the Jedi Council for permission to help the Old Republic in defeating the Mandalorians. He was refused. But unlike the vastly experienced Jedi Council Members, Revan was a visionary and he realized that the Old Republic will fall to the schemes/agendas against it. (Hint: check the KOTOR comics and other canonical sources to get an idea about how the Mandalorians were pounding the Old Republic left and right.); Mandalorian the Ultimate was a brilliant tactican and not a madman. Admiral Saul Karath had his hands full and he needed help from another brilliant tactican to turn the tide of the war. This is where Revan came in to the picture; he was natural in this game and very powerful as well. Once he joined Karath, the tide of the war began to turn and you know the rest.

Instead of finding peaceful solution he went for mass slaughter, which as result created likes of Nihilus, responsible for destroying entire planet and annihilating nearly all Jedi.
Mandalorians were open to negotiations? Any effort on their part that you can cite here?

After Mandalorian war he starts investigation, sounds alright. But on discovering Sith world instead of ringing on Republic alarms he decides to put his apprentice and himself in danger in ridiculous attempt to handle problem themselves. No surprise that they got mind raped and became creators of new Sith empire on their own.
By this time, the Old Republic was split between the followers and non-followers of Revan.

Soon after the defeat of Mandalore the Ultimate, the sudden discovery of a powerful Sith Empire - during the course of the investigation and pursuit of the Mandalorian remnants - was a shocker; the Sith were assumed to be extinct after the Great Sith War but here was a whole Empire which lay undiscovered in the unknown regions for a long long time. Revan had just finished one war and it was not advisable to declare war on another powerful society without adequate preparation. Due to this reason, Revan and Malak decided to assassinate the Sith Emperor underhand; a move which would throw the Sith Empire in to chaos and would be much easier to defeat.

It's amazing that the most powerful Jedi of that time also happened to be so weak minded, to get mind raped and then get mind wiped by Jedi.
This is such a dumb argument. Any sane person who had read/played TOR storyline would know that Vitiate was THE MASTER of the Force and his telepathic capabilities mind-boggling.

As far as the mind-wipe is concerned; Revan was in comatose state after the betrayal from Malak. However, mind-wipe eventually failed because Revan's memories recovered with passage of time.

Then at last he did something good: saved half ruined Republic from the threat he unleashed himself.
This is certainly the best part of Revan' story. Not just this but this story (KoTOR 1) is among the best in Star Wars mythos.

But then he got bored.
No. He was happily married to Bastilla and was enjoying life in Coruscant.

And started something he shouldn't have: investigation.
His memories were slowly returning and they weren't pretty. Ignoring them was a wise decision? He always suspected that their was more to his fall to the dark side then what he had been informed after mind-wipe. His newer memories were solidifying his suspicion.

After all, a champion of the light doesn't falls so easily:

Something had happened to him and Malak beyond the Outer Rim. They had gone to defeat the Mandalorians, but they had returned as disciples of the dark side. The official story was that they had been corrupted by the ancient power of the Star Forge, but Revan suspected there was more to it. And he knew it had something to do with his nightmares.

Revan eventually realized after a couple of years that the threat to the Old Republic was not over with the end of the Jedi Civil War. Though he was not yet clear about its nature and this is why he started his investigation.

You must understand that Revan was not a coward but an icon and the champion of light. Cowards prefer to flee from the challenges instead of facing them.

Before that he gave out location of Mandalorian mask, so they could rebuilt and defend republic. Is he MAD? Whenever Mandalorians helped republic?
Looks like you forgot Canderous Ordo. He was an ally and close friend of Revan during the time of Jedi Civil War. After the end of this war, Revan wanted Canderous to not live like a mercenary but rather re-embrace his true identity, gain respect and recognition among the Mandalorian remnants and reform them; a decent pay back to Canderous for his friendship and help.

"I think I need something more than killing and fighting in my life. I need a purpose or something like that." (Canderous Ordo)

But Revan had more in mind:

Canderous possessed the necessary talents of being a worthy leader of the Mandalorians and he could make Mandalorians strong once again and support the Old Republic against the suspected threat that still remained. Revan realized that the Old Republic was very vulnerable after the Jedi Civil War. If its enemies would learn about this vulnerability and decide to exploit it; the Old Republic will be doomed. So Revan needed all the help he could get to ensure that his may not happen.

No wonder that they are on Empire's side in TOR.
Not Revan's fault. This is a different time with different people involved.

Also, you forgot that Mandalorians helped the Old Republic against the Sith Triumvirate under the leadership of Canderous (Mandalore the Preserver during this time. Canderous specially helped in bringing Nihilus down. Thanks to wise decision by Revan.

Another dumb assessment. Did you forget that the Jedi Council remained hostile to Revan after the Jedi Civil War?

Also, Revan hadn't completed his investigation when he got captured. He had yet to rediscover Dromund Kaas.

Any sane leader would never start a war without proper information of the enemy and adequate preparation.

In addition, the Old Republic was severely weakened after two major wars. It wasn't prepared for another major war yet.

On a personal note: I think that you (Arhael) do not have mind of a tactician or planner but at least you can use common sense.

S_W_LeGenD
Then Exile gives him third chance to make it right. And of course he does it wrong again. Instead of going back to Republic to ring alarm bells he tries to take down Vitiate again.
Your dumb@ssary just keeps on getting better. The Sith Emperor had imposed MARTIAL LAW, genius. Revan and his companions had no choice but to stay for a while.

Please re-read SWTOR Revan novel.

And on entrance he politely left his comrades behind, why would he need them? He is so awesome that he doesn't need anyone to handle some old Sith.
Revan tasked Scourge and Meetra to prevent the Imperial Guard from helping the Sith Emperor and join him inside the throne room against the Sith Emperor. Revan's plan actually worked but that idiot Scourge changed his mind at the crucial moment.

Of course he gets handled again. Exile died and Republic is still in the dark that there is danger in unknown regions.
It is understandable that trusting a Sith was risky decision; Scourge did help the Jedi against Nyriss and set the stage for re-attempt at the assassination of the Sith Emperor. But Scourge' sudden change of mind came as a shocker.

As a plot device, this makes sense due to Revan being an iconic figure and he wouldn't have stopped in his effort to bring down the Sith Emperor whenever given the chance. But his story had to be linked with that of TOR.

I understand that many fans feel that TOR ruined Revan' story. However, I personally believe that both koTOR 2 and TOR undermined Revan' story.

Getting captured three times by the same Sith, he must be really "unordinary Jedi" to fail so much.
He wasn't captured 3 times by the same Sith.

Hist first capture was by Karath; his second capture was by Nyriss; and his third capture was by Vitiate.

If Revan' (captured) history amuses you; here is a better example:

Count Dooku was once captured by a band of criminals/scum. This holds true for Anakin, Kenobi and Luke.

Luke got captured several times by different individuals during the course of his life.

Who told you that Revan is dead? He survived as per the available hints.

Revan novel does seems to be rushed. However, fights in it are good.

Specially Revan's fight with Nyriss is bad@ss; short but epic.

What a sound reasoning. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nyriss' signature FLS was deadly enough to incinerate above-average (powerful) Force-wielders simultaneously.

Neither Scourge and nor Meetra were actually defenceless against Force Lightning. They easily tolerated bursts of Force Lightning which were lethal enough to reduce normal people in to smoking husks in a second or two. However, Nyriss' signature FLS was immensely lethal.

As far as Vitiate is concerned; he is THE MASTER of the Force - capable of pushing boundaries.

Star Destroyer will always be size of Star Destroyer.
Of course, influencing the movement of a Star Destroyer would have required immense power.

But you are not getting my intended point. Sometimes, feats - not big in sheer scale - require incredible power to pull off.

As an example: some debators often claim that Dooku needed more effort to block every single lightsaber blow from angry Anakin then he needed to overwhelm the defences of Kenobi and rip apart and throw large objects at him. If this claim is true then it supports my point.

However, even Sidious' lightning couldn't make a single burn on Windu's skin, nothing comparing to charring to ashes instantly. It's not hard to distinguish a hyperbole from realistic feat. Yes, yes. Marek's feat is realistic. He did it by prolonged channeling. Dorsk 82, for example, demonstrated FAT more impressive TK feat than just redirecting course of already falling ship.
Marek' feat was possible with full concentration in a non-combat situation. I have read the TFU novel and I can easily provide details to ascertain my point.

Another example is from Luke; when he decided to manipulate a small blackhole - he sat down on a chair and fully concentrated on doing this feat alone. He was not in a combat situation during this time.

We have yet to see what Revan can do with full concentration. However, his accomplishments aren't small.

Sidious who wreaked havoc with his Force powers lost to Luke (DE incarnation). Even more well thought out.

Let's see.
Here;

Revan knew he was gathering his power to unleash a swirling storm of pure dark side energy, just as Nyriss had done. The Jedi quickly calculated his options. Realizing he couldn't close the gap between them quickly enough to stop the assault, he gathered his own energy and spread his hands before him, ready to catch and absorb the Emperor's attack. (SWTOR: Revan)

In comparison Marek engaged Sidious after wasting power on defeating Vader.
Great logic! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Revan engaged Malak after wasting power on defeating Bastilla and an army of droids. Heck, he engaged Bastilla after wasting power on Sith forces before reaching her position. In spite of all of this waste of power, he was victories in the final encounter and on Star Forge nonetheless.

In cut-scene partially blocked his lightning with lightsaber, partially dodged it and than Force handled Sidious with TK and had him at his mercy. And after he refused to strike him down and Sidious unleashed his lightning again Marek still resisted it unlike Revan and stalemated Sidious until explosion.
You shouldn't use cutscenes to support your point. Consult TFU novels instead.

Sidious initially pretended to be defenceless because he wanted to turn Marek to dark side (He used similar strategy against Luke later on.) When Sidious realized that Marek wouldn't turn; then the former got serious and stopped the latter with his Force Lightning barrage.

I am not saying that Marek wasn't capable of Force-pushing Sidious or whatever; however, the duel gets interesting when both are hell bent to destroy each other.

You should fool someone who knows little about TFU; not me.

When Sidious became serious, the fight resulted with Marek exploding with a bang that did squat to Sidious. How embarrassing.

In contrast, Revan' duel with another DARK SIDE MASTER was entirely serious. Revan did put Vitiate on his @ss TWICE. Not to forget that Vitiate was using his original body during this particular fight; peak strength and endurance.

-----------------------

I know you have been OWNED.

But the Force is strong with you. Become my apprentice and I will teach you well like I taught Neph.

S_W_LeGenD
First, you've redeemed yourself in my eyes.

Second, you might as well give up. Like Sion, he will return inevitably after each beatdown. Unlike Sion, he can't be reasoned with.

Originally posted by Ascendancy
Holy logic, Batman! Where did this come from? I've never seen you post anything nearly this coherent before. I have on numerous occasions enjoyed pointing out that your byline is "Devoid of Reality" because of the inanity that you usually post. Well-played, sir!

On a side-note, Darth Bane is the ultimate and all other Sith are bantha poodoo. *Dons Force-enhanced flame suit*

And I thought that both of you were capable of using common sense and among the better debators. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But of-course, hatred gets the better of judgement. EPIC FAIL.

NewGuy01
Galen takes it.

Sybrael
Majority decides Starkiller wins and, to be honest, I agree. A lot of people like Revan just because of his armor and his Sith history. But he didn't take out three Jedi Masters in a matter of days, nor have the accompaniment of two companions, and there's a major point that a lot of you forgot. This is ''STARKILLER'', the clone, not GALEN MAREK. Starkiller was already deemed more powerful than Galen ever was, and many considered the original Galen Revan's equal. I loved Revan the first time I played KotOR, but a lot of that had to do with non-canon choices. I don't see Starkiller falling to the Emperor's Wrath and Malavai Quinn. Revan is one of my most symbolic idols, yes--but Starkiller wins.

Sybrael
I just read a lot of these comments--this thread became a ''Hate on Starkiller'' thread.

Rookwood
Starkiller wins, but Revan, who could likely beat Vader, gives Starkiller the fight of his life, and nearly kills him.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Rookwood
Starkiller wins, but Revan, who could likely beat Vader, gives Starkiller the fight of his life, and nearly kills him.
mmm

Rookwood
mmm He beat Darth Malak, who, without the Star Forge was already likely close to Vader in power.

With the Star Forge and the Force power of many Jedi, including a strong, fast body, he would be on par with Vader or possibly above him.

And Revan beat that Malak, as well.

I'm surprised I'm having to explain it to someone, like it's rocket-science. stick out tongue

Should already be easy enough for most to readily know and understand.

axel_jovan

Rookwood

Rookwood

NewGuy01
Starkiller takes this by a fair amount.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Sybrael
Majority decides Starkiller wins and, to be honest, I agree. A lot of people like Revan just because of his armor and his Sith history. But he didn't take out three Jedi Masters in a matter of days, nor have the accompaniment of two companions, and there's a major point that a lot of you forgot. This is ''STARKILLER'', the clone, not GALEN MAREK. Starkiller was already deemed more powerful than Galen ever was, and many considered the original Galen Revan's equal. I loved Revan the first time I played KotOR, but a lot of that had to do with non-canon choices. I don't see Starkiller falling to the Emperor's Wrath and Malavai Quinn. Revan is one of my most symbolic idols, yes--but Starkiller wins.
Revan's performance in combat situations exceeds that of many characters in the mythos. If Starkiller have killed lot of enemies; so have Revan.

You talk about Jedi Masters; have you ever seen Starkiller destroy an extremely powerful Sith Lord in the manner as Revan did? No.

Have you ever seen Starkiller give tough time to an opponent the calibre of Vitiate? No.

Just because Starkiller is better explored in the context of telekinetic abilities; doesn't makes him superior to Revan in combat.

Let me employ your analytical method:

Revan beat Darth Malak, who, even with the Star Forge wasn’t likely close at all to Vader in power.
Darth Malak, at this point, was stated to be "nearly unstoppable."

With the Star Forge and the Force power of many Jedi, including a strong, fast body, he wouldn’t even be on par with Vader, rather, he was still beneath him.
This is your assumption. You cannot prove it.

And Revan beat that Malak, but that doesn’t prove he’ll give trouble to Vader.
Revan destroyed a relatively more powerful and dangerous opponent in combat without breaking a sweat.

Hint:

Darth Nyriss

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.