Satele Shan vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Fight takes place in the hanger bay where Anakin & Obi-Wan got their asses handed to them. Now this is Jedi Master Satele. Who wins? The great-great grandaughter of Revan and Bastila or pawn of Sidious? Everything goes.

Darth _Sadow1
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Fight takes place in the hanger bay where Anakin & Obi-Wan got their asses handed to them. Now this is Jedi Master Satele. Who wins? The great-great grandaughter of Revan and Bastila or pawn of Sidious? Everything goes.
I hate to go against a Sith, especially Dooku, who I happen to like, but Dooku is out of his league here. Satele is not going to be distracted by saving Anakin and Obi-Wan and I think she is more aggressive than Yoda is. Yoda does not like battle and reluctantly battles. Satele does not mind taking on Sith and defeating them.

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1
I hate to go against a Sith, especially Dooku, who I happen to like, but Dooku is out of his league here. Satele is not going to be distracted by saving Anakin and Obi-Wan and I think she is more aggressive than Yoda is. Yoda does not like battle and reluctantly battles. Satele does not mind taking on Sith and defeating them.
Are you saying that Yoda (more or less)=Satele
or
Yoda > Satele > Dooku

because I'm not sure if I agree with either smile

KingD19
He's saying that Satele is the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, and the granddaughter/descendant of Revan and Bastilla Shan, two of the most powerful documented Force Users in the Old Republic.

Shown from her battle with Malgus, she's pretty damn powerful, is a skilled combatant, and has no problem jumping into a fight.

Plus without anybody interfering in the fight, she has nothing holding her back.

I give her a majority, maybe 6.5-7/10

Arhael
Dooku takes it easily in sabers. Just look at how casually Malgus disarmed her.

In Force Dooku takes it as well. She broke a tree with her TK, in comparison Dooku broke at least three times thicker metal pillar.

Her TK at the end of video doesn't count. She was able to do that after absorbing lightsaber. That's what Revan did to kill Nyriss, he got empowered by her lightning, Satelle got empowered by lightsaber instead.
Similarly Nejaa Halcyon who couldn't use TK at all after absorbing lightsaber energy Force handled his opponent with TK.

I don't think that Dooku will be stupid enough to empower her with his own lightsaber. He will likely break her concentration with his skilled Force attacks or small body cuts or just chop her arms off at elbow level.

S_W_LeGenD
Satale Shan will decimate Count Dooku. Sorry! These two aren't in the same league.

Arhael
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Satale Shan will decimate Count Dooku. Sorry! These two aren't in the same league.
Based on what?

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19

Shown from her battle with Malgus, she's pretty damn powerful, is a skilled combatant, and has no problem jumping into a fight.

And that was just her as a knight.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Arhael
Based on what?

Satele caught a lightsaber bare handed as a padawan, meaning she is obviously invulnerable to conventional lightsaber damage!

She held her own against Darth Malgus, who was only ever challenged by a Republic trooper Captain! She won the fight by using very powerful telekinesis to hammer him into a wall like a gnat.

Her powers in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance were described as prodigious and she blew up hex droids with simple gestures!

Dooku, on the other hand, has only ever been referred to as one of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the Order's 25,000 year history, the most skilled student Yoda has ever seen, and has only ever trashed a myriad of average at best opponents including Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Savage, Sora Bulq, Ventress & two Nightsister companions (while blinded), and has a number of unimpressive telekinetic feats to his name, like collapsing caves, wrenching loose bridges bigger than space shuttles casually, and lifting dozens of large stone obelisks simultaneously.

This fight is clearly lopsided.

ares834
laughing out loud

Based
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Satele caught a lightsaber bare handed as a padawan, meaning she is obviously invulnerable to conventional lightsaber damage!

She held her own against Darth Malgus, who was only ever challenged by a Republic trooper Captain! She won the fight by using very powerful telekinesis to hammer him into a wall like a gnat.

Her powers in Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance were described as prodigious and she blew up hex droids with simple gestures!

Dooku, on the other hand, has only ever been referred to as one of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the Order's 25,000 year history, the most skilled student Yoda has ever seen, and has only ever trashed a myriad of average at best opponents including Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Savage, Sora Bulq, Ventress & two Nightsister companions (while blinded), and has a number of unimpressive telekinetic feats to his name, like collapsing caves, wrenching loose bridges bigger than space shuttles casually, and lifting dozens of large stone obelisks simultaneously.

The sarcasm is appreciated not because it argues a point (which it doesn't) but because the first part of your sentence about Dooku is the same thing you're mocking in regards to Satele.

Seriously reread your post. or am I doing the whole use bullshit thing wrong for which I apologize...

S_W_LeGenD
Her command of the Force is amazing. And she was a Jedi Knight during this encounter.

She held her own against Darth Malgus, who was only ever challenged by a Republic trooper Captain!
Oh really?

I guess you forgot about this video: http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/return

And you also forgot about this video: http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer

Also, you should read Third Lesson. After the events depicted in the Hope cinematic video, Malgus faced two more Jedi on Aldeeran. One of them caused two buldings to collapse over Malgus and this was not enough to stop the Sith Lord. Malgus killed both Jedi.

Like it or not, Malgus is very powerful. He earned even Sidious' respect.

The trooper who helped Satele is Jace Malcom; he is one of finest soldiers in the Galaxy.

She won the fight by using very powerful telekinesis to hammer him into a wall like a gnat.
Wall? That is a gigantic boulder like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Uam8Hc3jCtE/S6wdNIhkoII/AAAAAAAAAD4/XK3c7KOQBrw/s1600/On+top+of+the+Difter+Boulder.jpg

And rightfully so.

Dooku, on the other hand, has only ever been referred to as one of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the Order's 25,000 year history, the most skilled student Yoda has ever seen,
And how many Jedi earned the title of Grand Masters?

and has only ever trashed a myriad of average at best opponents including Yoda, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Savage, Sora Bulq, Ventress & two Nightsister companions (while blinded), and has a number of unimpressive telekinetic feats to his name, like collapsing caves, wrenching loose bridges bigger than space shuttles casually, and lifting dozens of large stone obelisks simultaneously.
I like your sense of humor.

Just in the Hope cinematic video, Satele:

1. Just upon landing, unleashed a special power which killed 3 Sith Marauders simultaneously;
2. Charged towards Malgus with knocking out pretty much everything in her path as if they were nothing;
3. Ripped through the foundation of a large tree causing it to fall (large trees are very heavy and strong, mind you);
4. Combined her dueling skills with stunning speed and acrobatics to escape from death-like situations (Count Dooku struggles against acrobatics, mind you);
5. Stopped a lightsaber blow with bare hands;
6. And then Force-dominated Malgus (a very powerful Sith Lord, mind you), destroying a gigantic boulder in the process (gigantic boulders are mind-boggling heavy, mind you);

All of the above as a Jedi Knight.

One can only think what she could do as Grand Master. I rest my case.

Yes, it is.

Originally posted by Arhael
Based on what?
See above.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Based
The sarcasm is appreciated not because it argues a point (which it doesn't) but because the first part of your sentence about Dooku is the same thing you're mocking in regards to Satele.

Seriously reread your post. or am I doing the whole use bullshit thing wrong for which I apologize...

You're doing it wrong.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Darth _Sadow1

DOOKU isn't afraid of agression but she is more aggressive which I beleive dooku would use against her. No raging person can just plow through dookus defense besides dooku knows every weakness of ataru so he would be able to figure her out and while she is just randomly attacking dooku could evade and find an opening because she has trouble with defense and plus she had trouble with malgus who I beleive to be less than dooku so in sabers I give the edge to dooku at about 8/10 in the force I give the edge to dooku as he has had more experience and knows both sides however his edge is slight as safely has a larger tutamintis understanding and her force waves are incredibly powerful so I put dooku at a 7/10 chance with the force so overall I give dooku chance at winning at a 8/10 sooty sate else but you come up short

Trocity
Well Legend was right in a way - they aren't in the same league.

Dooku crushes her.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Trocity
Well Legend was right in a way - they aren't in the same league.

Dooku crushes her.

Aman good sir

ILS
Yeap, Dooku pretty much stomps.

Kosmos Supreme
Dooku but not easily

Nephthys
Originally posted by Kosmos Supreme
Dooku but not easily

McP
Originally posted by ILS
Dooku pretty much stomps.

carthage
Originally posted by ILS
Yeap, Dooku pretty much stomps.

Angelalex242
Chris Lee, while commenting sadly that Master Yoda spoke so highly of her.

Stigma
Dooku easily.

TheDarthBoy
Dooku takes this fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.