Lord Kas'im vs Jedi Master Raskta Lsu (Sabers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jmoul
The two greatest lightsaber duelists of their time in the Geonossian. Both at their peak. In a single sabers-only battle, who is victorious?

Nephthys
Well we've only seen Raskta when she had Battle Meditation, so we don't know how she is without it, but based off of that fight I think she can beat Kas'im maybe.

Ascendancy
Tough call there. The novels set it up so that in theory each are the best the Dark and Lightside have to offer in the way of duelists.

Bane managed to take Kas'im until he switched to dual wielding, after which he only survived because of superior tactics. His dual blade abilities seem to be top notch, and therefore I see no reason to assume that he couldn't deftly handle a single saber as well.

Raskta is said to have claim to the most victories in saber combat of the entire Sith War, so I'd say that speaks to her prowess pretty well. I'd have to say that as she totally dedicated herself to saber prowess at the expense of any other Force-aided techniques that odds are in the end she would have what it takes to best Kas'im.

That said, it would be awesome and then some to see them engage in dual saber combat, though again, I think Lsu takes it.

TheOneOfMortis
Nope Kas'im should definitely take this, and Hoth was probably best duelist of the Jedi of those time.

Raskta Lu was only so good because of the battle meditation, kas'im was the best swordsman of the age, and possibly the best ever, and hoth was the greatest the jedi had to offer.

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by TheOneOfMortis
Nope Kas'im should definitely take this, and Hoth was probably best duelist of the Jedi of those time.

Raskta Lu was only so good because of the battle meditation, kas'im was the best swordsman of the age, and possibly the best ever, and hoth was the greatest the jedi had to offer.

Lolno. Best swordsman ever? You realise you're reading a DREW novel right?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
You realise you're reading a DREW novel right?

This is pretty much the standard for gross stupidity. Karpyshyn is like the Stephanie Meyer of the Star Wars franchise, minus her popularity.

jmoul
Originally posted by The_Tempest
This is pretty much the standard for gross stupidity. Karpyshyn is like the Stephanie Meyer of the Star Wars franchise, minus her popularity.

WHOAH! That took it too far! While Drew likes to make his characters appear unrealistically powerful, that doesn't constitute comparing him to that retarded ***** who wrote Twilight. He at least makes a decent storyline and interesting characters, not to mention he told us why there were only ever two Sith at a time.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by jmoul
WHOAH! That took it too far! While Drew likes to make his characters appear unrealistically powerful, that doesn't constitute comparing him to that retarded ***** who wrote Twilight. He at least makes a decent storyline and interesting characters, not to mention he told us why there were only ever two Sith at a time.

I've read books by both, I'm able to appreciate (if not share) the depths of their mutual stupidity. Karpyshyn has no merits as a writer that I've seen. The only mildly interesting character I've seen from him was Scourge. Besides, Terry Brooks gave us the reason for the Rule of Two in 1999 with the TPM novel.

Q99

Hoth wasn't said to be the best of those time. He might've been great, mind, but we don't really know what his combat specialities even were. Raskta Lu was, on the flip side, noted as having a gigantic load of sith kills, more than anyone else, despite not being very impressive in non-saber areas.

Raskta Lu was not only dueling Bane, Bane after he'd fought Kas'im and gained more experience and while Bane was in orbalisks, but also coverage a weakling at the same time. That's pretty crazy.

I give it to Raskta Lu.

jmoul
Never read TPM novel. Does it mention Darth Bane when telling about the Rule of Two?

The_Tempest
Originally posted by jmoul
Never read TPM novel. Does it mention Darth Bane when telling about the Rule of Two?

It does.

TheOneOfMortis
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I've read books by both, I'm able to appreciate (if not share) the depths of their mutual stupidity. Karpyshyn has no merits as a writer that I've seen. The only mildly interesting character I've seen from him was Scourge. Besides, Terry Brooks gave us the reason for the Rule of Two in 1999 with the TPM novel.

Drew wrote KOTOR which is argaubly best story in EU aside from its own. sequel.

TheOneOfMortis
Epic thread deserves epic msuic.

JtRcr1FiYJ0&autoplay=1

Originally posted by Q99
Hoth wasn't said to be the best of those time. He might've been great, mind, but we don't really know what his combat specialities even were. Raskta Lu was, on the flip side, noted as having a gigantic load of sith kills, more than anyone else, despite not being very impressive in non-saber areas.

Raskta Lu was not only dueling Bane, Bane after he'd fought Kas'im and gained more experience and while Bane was in orbalisks, but also coverage a weakling at the same time. That's pretty crazy.

I give it to Raskta Lu.

In those times though because they were in war the best jedis were usually the most powerful and Hoth was the most famous, most accomplished, the champion of the order, and as Jedis dont really use the force offensively I like to think that he was the best with sabers. Plus in Path of Destruction he cuts through entire groups of sith lords with ease, whereas with Raskta we dont know if she didnt just collect lots of one on one kisll for example.

The_Tempest
Drew wrote KOTOR which is argaubly best story in EU aside from its own. sequel.

Ironic that the only memorable character therein is Revan, who is less personality and more template.

TheOneOfMortis
What about Hk-47 and Canderous? In fact they are probably my two favorite Bioware characters ever.

The_Tempest
Conceded with HK.

Q99

In those times though because they were in war the best jedis were usually the most powerful and Hoth was the most famous, most accomplished, the champion of the order, and as Jedis dont really use the force offensively I like to think that he was the best with sabers. Plus in Path of Destruction he cuts through entire groups of sith lords with ease, whereas with Raskta we dont know if she didnt just collect lots of one on one kisll for example.

Lots of Jedi use TK and such. Farfalla was one of the other most famous Jedi Lords at the same time and was much better with his powers than he was with a saber, far outmatched by Raskta Lsu in blade work.

Hoth's biggest celebrations came as a general and leader. Now, I'm sure he's probably fine with sabers, likely better than Farfalla, but Lsu's famous entirely for her combat skills.

And if they were one-on-one kills? They'd have to be a massive number of them to counteract the numbers of people who take on groups, and people like that attracted skilled duelists trying to prove their ability. That's arguably more impressive, though considering she was in the Army of Light it was likely a mix.

Nephthys
What about Hk-47 and Canderous? In fact they are probably my two favorite Bioware characters ever.

Don't forget about Jolee. I think Juhani is pretty cool as well. Mission is adorbs too.

Also, Karpyshan wrote the first Mass Effect.

BTW, if you post another autoplay song, I will report you.

TheOneOfMortis
Eh I thought Juhani and Jolee were kinda of lame personally. And I guess Missiomn was really likable but she was kind of a pointless and uninteresting character. Bastilla if anythinbg was probably best female characyer and she had awesome voice actress. Revan is cool if only because of tge plot twits and the fact that you wre basically unknowningly playing as the Dark Lord the entire time.

Also KOTOR and especially the second one are superior to Mass Effect imo with much better characters.

Bobafett34
lsu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.