Bad Test Grades

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
What do you do when you find out you get a really bad test in a class at school?

Ushgarak
Hmm. That kind of didn;t happen to me... I had consistently dull grades pretty much all the way, no real highs and no real lows, relatively speaking. I wasn;t really one for exams anyway.

finti
never had that problem

GordonSkywalker
I never cared much about grades to begin with, but I do see how it could upset you. My best advice is probably to say don't beat yourself up about it. Just keep your chin up, and try to do better next time around. Hope this is helpful.

BackFire349
i didnt do anything.

Augeybana
I had that problem but what I did was stay for remidal because as long as the teacher see's you care he will give you a break,If not than ask for extra work to at least bring up your grades to keep you passing.

GordonSkywalker
Extra work? I could never keep up with my regular assignments! Well maybe she can.

narcil
and this reminds me of how i should be studying for monday's final, right now... *cries*

GordonSkywalker
Don't fret, narcil. I'm sure you'll do fine.

narcil
awww... *G* thanks...

(but really---should be studying!!! @_@ *runs off to study*)

Dexx
hmm...i probably wouldn't even be worried. I'm usually on a constant 8 and something. Good enough

Fitch
I really don't do nothin'.I just enjoy the moment as it was a good one.This usually doesn't happens to me,and even if it happens I have some good grades to raise this one.I don't care too much,because I consider grades useless.They are putted there to show the level of the student and in most of the cases they are not.

Bad Boy
I do the following

1) Think, 'Oh shit!'
2) Think, 'What am I gonna do?'
3) Think, 'What am I gonna tell my parents?'

mechmoggy
There's nothing you can do other than knuckle down and work hard to bring your grade average back up, if you are interested in getting a good grade that is.

Bad Boy
true!

Raz
Well I love to have a good sulk when that happens - then do what mech said.

mechmoggy
Its the only way.

But don't feel too bad though Jules, I recently got had an assignment mark back of only 48% and it was worth 50% if my final grade. I went into the exam (the other 50% of the final grade) with a big job to do.

I came away with a 63% overall grade. By working my ass off I've got a 2:1 grading overall. It is do-able, you've just made things a little harder for yourself, thats all. Good luck! big grin

Thomas H
I get pissed!!

Julie
I think I just get.......sad........and mad and ready to work again.....*sigh*

Fitch
good luck julie....

Member.
big grin

Captain REX
A= Awesome, I got a good grade!
B= Best I could do!
C= Crap!
D= Damn!
F= F***!!!

Dexx
i measure it the other way around

let's start with:
4 - oh..i'll get it right..eventually
5 - hey, look!..i'm passing..yay!
6 - getting good!
7 - this is the life!
8 - no problems ahead!
9 - i really deserve a reward..something
10 - must have done something good in a previous life!

GordonSkywalker
Yes, good fortune in your studies, Julie.

Julie
Thank you....I shall try to do better on future tests...starting today with Biology

GordonSkywalker
Let us know how it goes.

Julie
I will.....esp if it's good:-)
thank you all for your support.....

Fitch
I don't care to much bout my grades.....they're just numbers big grin

mechmoggy
I think Mrs.MM's little sister is sitting exams this week too.

My next ones aren't till June, yay me! big grin

GordonSkywalker
I don't have to worry about these things, as I am no longer a student of the public school system.Nor have I been in many years. School and me don't mix.

mechmoggy
Yeah, I've been studying part time now for over 5 years, and I've got another 15 odd months to go.

After this, I'm leaving it for a while methinks.

GordonSkywalker
I hear you man.

Captain REX
Leaving school ( big grin ) or leaving us ( sad ) Mech?

I have a couple years at school on my plate. It sucks, but it is probably the Numero Uno place that I see my friends, and I like some of my classes...

GordonSkywalker
Grades suck. I was never academically- inclined.

Member.
hm...high school roxbig grin

Fire
study more for the next test, a test is relatively unimportant in the belgian school system
exams are the things that matter if you do ok during the year, and you have good exams all problems are solved
problems rise when exams turn bad

GordonSkywalker
That seems to put things into a nice perspective.

Julie
I did fairly decent on the bio test....not awesome, but good....and I'm happy with that

Fire
yea GS but I can't do much to change the belgian school system

GordonSkywalker
Did I say something remotely sounding like that?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.