The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Never read the books that its based on

Trailer

Tzeentch._
So is this like a teen fiction type of thing, ala Harry Potter/Hunger Games?

edit- Going by the trailer, it looks awful. Typical teenybopper crap with pale white men with fluffed up hair and tight pants running around with swords. ugh.

Esau Cairn
There always seems to be grand ambitions turning a novel series into a movie franchise but for every Harry Potter, there's The Golden Compass & Percy Jackson that's failed at the box office...

Kazenji
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
There always seems to be grand ambitions turning a novel series into a movie franchise but for every Harry Potter, there's The Golden Compass & Percy Jackson that's failed at the box office...

They're moving ahead with the next Percy Jackson movie it seems.

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I thought the Golden Compass was decent overall, despite the studio doing away with the religious aspect the book had and going with a 'mysterious dictatorial group' as the villains.

The movie wasn't a financial flop either, it more than doubled its money. The outside pressure from religious groups against the film/authur likely has more to do with part 2-3 not being made than the financial issue, imo.

Robtard
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/8638/badassh.png

A hoodie and neck tattoos, so you know he's both mysterious and a badass.

Esau Cairn
It's funny how make-up artists still can't make a fake tattoo look real on screen.

Kazenji
Always seem to follow the same sort of formula to start off these type's of book series.

rudester
I liked it my friend didnt. The story was all over the place, to many characters to many story lines but yet it kept ur eyes on the screen. A few moments of wtf its so stupid yet funny. My friend said it best the director didnt know which direction he was going so he went in all. If u go in knowing tat its not a serious film u will love it. 7/10

the ninjak
Absolutely boring film. Due to its execution.

A bunch of friends have told me they enjoyed the books. And I can see how if made right (the fight scenes) it could've worked.

Constantin Film Produktion make some horrid films.

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0074863/?ref_=tt_dt_co

BruceSkywalker
haven't seen this yet, hoping a friend gets it then the price is cheap

the ninjak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
haven't seen this yet, hoping a friend gets it then the price is cheap

Befriend cinema workers. Then there is no limit to the films you can watch.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by the ninjak
Befriend cinema workers. Then there is no limit to the films you can watch.

actually i know someone who owns and operates his own screening room.. just charges $5..

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Robtard
I thought the Golden Compass was decent overall, despite the studio doing away with the religious aspect the book had and going with a 'mysterious dictatorial group' as the villains.

The movie wasn't a financial flop either, it more than doubled its money. The outside pressure from religious groups against the film/authur likely has more to do with part 2-3 not being made than the financial issue, imo.

No, they came out and said that the "mysterious dictatorial group" was an oligarchy. Its name was "The Magisterium" - which refers to Roman Catholic law and dogma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Compass_%28film%29

Educate yourself - start at "Development." It's really quite interesting. Philip Pullman actually corrected himself after he saw Nicole Kidman playing Mrs. Coulter and said "Nope, she's blonde, not dark-haired. She has to be." or somesuchthing.

The More You Know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.