Palpatine (movies only) vs. Ganondorf (Twilight Princess only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Can Dorf stop a man who had a galaxy under his thumbnail ? Dorf's reign of terror didn't last long either so he's so envious of Palpatine's competence.

MooCowofJustice
Well, since the old fart didn't physically have a galaxy under his finger nail, yeah.

/thread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Well, since the old fart didn't physically have a galaxy under his finger nail, yeah.

/thread. Argue the thread or don't. It's bad enough I have zelda fans scared to debate me anymore.

ScreamPaste
All dat posturing. You're not convincing anyone. 'Scared', lol. Debating is so scary, man. Terrifying.

All these Zelda threads, and this little vendetta of yours.

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw493_130721159382.jpg

It's simple butt hurt. G'night, Quan. <3

quanchi112
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
All dat posturing. You're not convincing anyone. 'Scared', lol. Debating is so scary, man. Terrifying.

All these Zelda threads, and this little vendetta of yours.

http://pinkie.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw493_130721159382.jpg

It's simple butt hurt. G'night, Quan. <3 If butthurt is debating fictional characters on a message board where posters do so then you're butthurt as well, pastirino.

quanchi112
Palpatine cuts him in half. Reflexes are too much for Dorf.

KingD19
Twilight Princess Ganon I think stomps on Palpy pretty bad.

And going by logic, Palpatine ruled the galaxy through decades of careful planning, and then having the most powerful army at his back that helped decimate the best chance at fighting him.

Movie Palp was powerful sure, but he didn't just walk into the senate, zap everybody and go, "IT'S TEH EMPIRE NAOW!!"

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Twilight Princess Ganon I think stomps on Palpy pretty bad.

And going by logic, Palpatine ruled the galaxy through decades of careful planning, and then having the most powerful army at his back that helped decimate the best chance at fighting him.

Movie Palp was powerful sure, but he didn't just walk into the senate, zap everybody and go, "IT'S TEH EMPIRE NAOW!!" How could he stomp him badly when Palpatine is a far better swordsmen with far better reflexes along with precog.

Palpatine is smarter than Dorf who loses every time when his planet is basically comprised of trash while he's armed with the triforce of power up against some mutey elf.

MooCowofJustice
Good to know you admit that Ganon is the same character throughout the games, Quan. With that said, we'll just send a few phantom Ganon's at Palpatine. He might have precog, but that doesn't really matter when you can't stop the attack anyway.

Lol, shit, one of Ganon's ****ing puppets has better lightning than Palpatine, and that was like, his ****ing signature move.

quanchi112
Good to know you admit that Ganon is the same character throughout the games, Quan. With that said, we'll just send a few phantom Ganon's at Palpatine. He might have precog, but that doesn't really matter when you can't stop the attack anyway.

Lol, shit, one of Ganon's ****ing puppets has better lightning than Palpatine, and that was like, his ****ing signature move. No, they all aren't but if they were that would only make him infinitely stupid. He does fail time and time again. Palpatine controlled a galaxy and manipulated the shit out of the senate and the jedi until it was too late. He wasn't the most powerful the jedi were due to their numbers at the time.

Palpatine's force lightning isn't that great but his saber is enough to do the job. Palpatine took out a few jedi masters and fought Windu as well. Dorf pales in comparison to the jedi/sith.

Palpatine would kill him very quickly.

KingD19
Link's one of the best swordsmen in Hyrule, and the only one to even come close to matching Ganondorf.

And because he's in control of the Triforce of Power, all his abilities are amped like crazy.

He survived getting impaled by the "Execution Sword", a weapon used by the 6 Sages. Then, while he was still impaled, he strangled the Water Sage with his bare hands. And the sages aren't even physical beings.

Anything Palpatine can dish out, Ganondorf can tank.

quanchi112
Link's one of the best swordsmen in Hyrule, and the only one to even come close to matching Ganondorf.

And because he's in control of the Triforce of Power, all his abilities are amped like crazy.

He survived getting impaled by the "Execution Sword", a weapon used by the 6 Sages. Then, while he was still impaled, he strangled the Water Sage with his bare hands. And the sages aren't even physical beings.

Anything Palpatine can dish out, Ganondorf can tank. Considering he died when Link slashed him I doubt it. The sages also stood there and were confused as to what was going on. Palpatine will cut off his head or cut him in half.

Hyrule isn't impressive since it's a world the size of Cleveland. Palpatine is one of the best saber users in a galaxy. What you said was terribly unsmart.

Galaxy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hyrule.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by quanchi112
No, they all aren't

Palpatine is smarter than Dorf who loses every time

KingD19
He died when Link used his Twilight Wolf form to constantly attack the wound from the Execution Sword. A weapon that should have killed him instantly.

quanchi112
Every Dorf loses every time he shows up. This Dorf lost twice. Try and grasp the meaning of my words, Linklover.

KingD19
When Palpatine gets access to the only weapon/artifacts/magical entities that can actually hurt and kill Ganondorf, let me know.

Nephthys
Move Palpatine utterly annihilated, what the ****?

quanchi112
He died when Link used his Twilight Wolf form to constantly attack the wound from the Execution Sword. A weapon that should have killed him instantly. No, he died when Link lodged his sword into his body.Originally posted by KingD19
When Palpatine gets access to the only weapon/artifacts/magical entities that can actually hurt and kill Ganondorf, let me know. That's a no limits fallacy. We have to assume lightsabers cut his flesh since he hasn't ever resisted even a sword in this game. What makes you think he'd survive decapitation ?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nephthys
Move Palpatine utterly annihilated, what the ****? Star Wars judas.

KingD19
No, he died when Link lodged his sword into his body. That's a no limits fallacy. We have to assume lightsabers cut his flesh since he hasn't ever resisted even a sword in this game. What makes you think he'd survive decapitation ?

It's not a no limits fallacy when the only things being shown to harm him are weapons of divine/godly origin. (Execution Sword, Master Sword, Light Arrows fired by Zelda, Triforce)

And what makes me think he'd survive Palpatine's attempt to behead him is how the Water Sage was unable to kill him with the Execution Sword.

And considering Ganon is usually regarded to be the same throughout the games, he has some pretty powerful magic movie Palpy has no defense against.

quanchi112
It's not a no limits fallacy when the only things being shown to harm him are weapons of divine/godly origin. (Execution Sword, Master Sword, Light Arrows fired by Zelda, Triforce)

And what makes me think he'd survive Palpatine's attempt to behead him is how the Water Sage was unable to kill him with the Execution Sword.

And considering Ganon is usually regarded to be the same throughout the games, he has some pretty powerful magic movie Palpy has no defense against. Every sword which was used against him hurt him. You saying a lightsaber won't is ignorant since even the master sword could be blocked or parried by random foes in the game. It's laughable. The water sage stood there and didn't press while Dorf countered. Palpatine is too quick and his reflexes are too good for Dorf to hit him with anything while his saber cuts him up every which way.

MooCowofJustice
Ganon never countered, Quan. He was chained up while he was stabbed through the chest (you know, that place where people have hearts).

I thought this was the one Zelda game you'd actually played, too. Apparently I was wrong. Explains a lot, actually.

quanchi112
Ganon never countered, Quan. He was chained up while he was stabbed through the chest (you know, that place where people have hearts).

I thought this was the one Zelda game you'd actually played, too. Apparently I was wrong. Explains a lot, actually. Uhm, he broke free and did indeed counter. They stood there they didn't press their attack. You don't even know what the word counter means. You're terrible.

KingD19
It's not a counter if you were already impaled through the chest. They didn't press an attack because it wasn't an attack, it was supposed to be an execution, and he survived.

But you're being ignorant. It's been stated several times that the only weapon capable of defeating Ganon is the Master Sword. The Execution Blade was meant to kill him as it was a divine weapon wielded by Sages. In OoT, Master Sword + Purified Light Arrows fired by Princess Zelda. Everytime he's been beaten, it's by some divine weapon.

ScreamPaste
It's not a counter if you were already impaled through the chest. They didn't press an attack because it wasn't an attack, it was supposed to be an execution, and he survived.

But you're being ignorant. It's been stated several times that the only weapon capable of defeating Ganon is the Master Sword. The Execution Blade was meant to kill him as it was a divine weapon wielded by Sages. In OoT, Master Sword + Purified Light Arrows fired by Princess Zelda. Everytime he's been beaten, it's by some divine weapon. The execution only hurt him because he didn't have the ToP yet, Quan likes to ignore this fact, lol. Once he got the ToP the whole 'hole in the chest' thing became a trivial detail.

KingD19
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
The execution only hurt him because he didn't have the ToP yet, Quan likes to ignore this fact, lol. Once he got the ToP the whole 'hole in the chest' thing became a trivial detail.

Of course he ignores it, because he wants Palpatine to win.

quanchi112

But you're being ignorant. It's been stated several times that the only weapon capable of defeating Ganon is the Master Sword. The Execution Blade was meant to kill him as it was a divine weapon wielded by Sages. In OoT, Master Sword + Purified Light Arrows fired by Princess Zelda. Everytime he's been beaten, it's by some divine weapon. That's the only weapon in hyrule and zelda universe. That doesn't somehow apply to the star wards universe. You need to start being fair and actually thinking about a shared universe fight and the logic one universe doesn't trump the other. That's called bias.

They also didn't press the attack because they thought he'd die and stood there in shock as he resisted and pulled the sword out and countered. Their attack failed to kill him and he countered. Use your head.

KingD19
I'm not biased, and I'm not unfair. If anyone is guilty of that, it's you. You clearly made this thread because you wanted Palpatine to win. You even tried to say Palpatine was a more competent ruler, which isn't really true because he only came to power because he tricked Jar Jar into giving him pretty much absolute power, and had the clone army built with a fail safe to make them turn on the Jedi.

What I know as fact is that it's been stated the only weapons to harm/kill Ganondorf are divine in nature. The only weapons shown to harm/kill him are divine in nature. So it stands to reason that without a weapon that's divine in nature, hurting him is implausible. Palpatine on the other hand has no such defense.

quanchi112
I'm not biased, and I'm not unfair. If anyone is guilty of that, it's you. You clearly made this thread because you wanted Palpatine to win. You even tried to say Palpatine was a more competent ruler, which isn't really true because he only came to power because he tricked Jar Jar into giving him pretty much absolute power, and had the clone army built with a fail safe to make them turn on the Jedi.

What I know as fact is that it's been stated the only weapons to harm/kill Ganondorf are divine in nature. The only weapons shown to harm/kill him are divine in nature. So it stands to reason that without a weapon that's divine in nature, hurting him is implausible. Palpatine on the other hand has no such defense. So the Silver Surfer can't kill him because his energy isn't described as divine ? This is some serious fanboy logic. The only weapon that can kill him in Hyrule are these weapons but they also don't have Death Stars and lightsabers. Based on your logic the Death Star couldn't kill him. But then again you don't even understand how ridiculous your logic is so I can't hold it against you.

Lightsabers would cut through the master sword imo which is no better or worse in the game against other swords either. It's just the right tool on Hyrule to kill someone backed by the triforce of power. Lightsaber lops off his head. Palpatine has greater reflexes and precog.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.