Which high herald could best destroy Adamantium?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Superman
WBHulk
Silver Surfer
Thor
Gladiator
Majestic
Orion
Black Adam
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Genis Vell
Captain Adam
Hercules
Green Lantern

Standard versions of all with the exception of wbhulk and insane genis, physical strength and energy powers allowed.

Mindset
So energy blasts.

I assume you don't want matter manip.

lawest9
Originally posted by Mindset
So energy blasts.

I assume you don't want matter manip. Yes, matter manip is included.

Endless Mike
None of them

EDIT: If matter manipulation is included, then Surfer, Thor, Orion, Sentry, Genis, Captain Atom, and GLs

carver9
Savage Hulk can. The rest can't though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
Savage Hulk can. The rest can't though.

Warned for stupidity.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Warned for stupidity.

laughing out loud you do me so wrong.

Mindset
Just warn him back, carver.

carver9
Just warn him back, carver.

Hhhhhmmm, that's a good idea.

lawest9
Savage Hulk can. The rest can't though. SAVAGE Hulk is probably the weakest one on my selection, I did offer you WBHulk who I thought was the strongest incarnation of hulk.

-Pr-
laughing out loud you do me so wrong.

Stop saying stupid shit, then.

Dampyre
Originally posted by lawest9
Superman
WBHulk
Silver Surfer
Thor
Gladiator
Majestic
Orion
Black Adam
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Genis Vell
Captain Adam
Hercules
Green Lantern

Standard versions of all with the exception of wbhulk and insane genis, physical strength and energy powers allowed.

None of them can unless they are able to transmute it into something else or manipuate its' molecular structure.

Shabazz916
What do you mean by destroy. Because hulk did rip wolverine in half

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Shabazz916

Wasn't that
;
A. Ultimate Hulk and Wolverine
B. His adamantium coating is different i.e. the joints between his bones are just normal.

Dampyre
Originally posted by Shabazz916

That was Ultimate Hulk. The 616 Hulk has never been able to do anything like that to Wolverine.

zopzop
Sentry, Surfer and Thor via matter manip. Mjolnir can matter manip no?

Mindset
Originally posted by Endless Mike
None of them

EDIT: If matter manipulation is included, then Surfer, Thor, Orion, Sentry, Genis, Captain Atom, and GLs

lawest9
Superman can.

Mshinu
Magneto shows this gang of amateurs how it is done.

janus77
Hulk, Surfer and possibly Sentry.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Endless Mike
None of them

Uriel005
I assume you mean primary adamantium... that said anyone with matter manip. And Karate Kid. He did smash the DC equivalent with relative ease.

Magnon
Assuming it's primary adamantium in the form of a, say, baseball bat:

Superman - succeeds (via physical strength)
WBHulk - fails
Silver Surfer - struggles but succeeds (via matter manip)
Thor - fails
Gladiator - fails
Majestic - dunno
Orion - succeeds
Black Adam - succeeds
Sentry - succeeds (via matter manip)
Captain Marvel - succeeds
Genis Vell - dunno
Captain Adam - dunno
Hercules - fails
Green Lantern - fails

Astner
Someone will have to clear up how Hulk could break through Dracula's adamantium net in Fear Itself.

ODG
^ He tore through it completely with one hand while being held down by gravity generators.

Naija boy
Superman-Probably
WBHulk- Most definitely
Silver Surfer- Probably
Thor- Godblast would do it
Gladiator- Perhaps
Majestic- Perhaps
Orion-Probably
Black Adam-Perhaps
Sentry- Probably
Captain Marvel-Perhaps
Genis Vell-Probably
Captain Adam
Hercules -Nope
Green Lantern-Perhaps

psycho gundam
something tells me that WBH can hit just as hard as king thor (no homo)

h1a8
Superman
WBHulk
Silver Surfer
Thor
Gladiator
Majestic
Orion
Black Adam
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Genis Vell
Captain Adam
Hercules
Green Lantern

It depends on the size of the adamantium and what counts as destroy (damage, dent, vaporize, etc.)

Let's say a thin plate (same thickness and size of Cap's shield) and to at least damage it noticeably.

Then Superman (at best), orion (astro force)Thor (god blast) Gladiator (at planet destroying levels), Sentry (at best), Hal (at best), and Genis Vell could do it. Not sure about Majestic or Captain Adam (who is that?).
but BA, CM, and Hercules can't do it.

JakeTheBank
Gladiator can destroy Adamantium at his best...but not Thor?

lol funny considering how Thor's best is beyond anything Gladiator is capable of.

TheGodKiller
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

lol funny considering how Thor's best is beyond anything Gladiator is capable of.
Who said Thor couldn't do it?

JakeTheBank
h1 did, but he wisely edited it.

TheGodKiller
h1 did, but he wisely edited it.
Oh ok. Didn't see the edit tag there.

carver9

Don't know what your problem is with Gladiator but looking at Thor recent showings, you have no room to talk about anyone being superior.

-K-M-
http://media.wktv.com/images/Shots+Fired12.jpg

JakeTheBank
Don't know what your problem is with Gladiator but looking at Thor recent showings, you have no room to talk about anyone being superior.

Thor got roughed up by the Phoenix Force and/or avatars multiple times during AvX and is fine. He even managed to clip the Force's wings.

Conversely, Gladiator got put in a near-death state coma.

I'm not even going to bother listing Fraction-Thor's feats.

So, yes, by both recent showings and histories as a whole, Thor is > Gladiator.

h1a8
I think Gladiator at best is more powerful than Thor due to that planet destroying feat. That trumps anything I seen Thor has done. But that is only one feat. currently I would say Gladiator is more powerful by the reasoning of the engagement of Cyke.

-Pr-
No.

carver9
Thor got roughed up by the Phoenix Force and/or avatars multiple times during AvX and is fine. He even managed to clip the Force's wings.

Conversely, Gladiator got put in a near-death state coma.

I'm not even going to bother listing Fraction-Thor's feats.

So, yes, by both recent showings and histories as a whole, Thor is > Gladiator.

Not just the Phoenix force. He got roughed up by Tutinax, Taurus, Rachel, Hulk one shot koed his a**, he got dropped by a laser gun recently...he got dropped by some aliens that was walking around with laser canons (the same blast Hulk was tanking). I know I'm missing a lot because I lost count on how many times he was koed.

It taking the entire group of the 5 to stop Gladiator doesn't help your case bro. You dont have a leg to stand on with Thor vs Gladiator so get over it.

Astner
Originally posted by ODG
^ He tore through it completely with one hand while being held down by gravity generators.
I was referring to the phenomena of adamantium being torn apart by brute force, which supposedly is impossible.

TheGodKiller
^Simple explanation: comics.

-Pr-
Not just the Phoenix force. He got roughed up by Tutinax, Taurus, Rachel, Hulk one shot koed his a**, he got dropped by a laser gun recently...he got dropped by some aliens that was walking around with laser canons (the same blast Hulk was tanking). I know I'm missing a lot because I lost count on how many times he was koed.

It taking the entire group of the 5 to stop Gladiator doesn't help your case bro. You dont have a leg to stand on with Thor vs Gladiator so get over it.

Stop lying.

TheGodKiller
Stop lying.
His words are more or less true. I don't see any problem with it. Although, what he failed to mention is that those low showings are pretty much evened out by Thor's more impressive showings under Fraction.

-Pr-
Was talking more about Gladiator.

His lowballing of Thor was pretty obvious.

carver9

Gladiator and Cyke were going at it...Gladiator blitz Cyclops, skips to Gladiators son. Scene jumps back to Gladiator...Namor, and Colossus are pounding on him while Cyclops and Emma is looking. No telling what happened between the scenes. Skip again, they are still pounding on him. Thor got dropped by one of them, "on a consistent" bases. It taking a group of the five to stop Gladiator doesn't help his case, especially looking at how Emma embarrassing him.

confused

-Pr-
Gladiator and Cyke were going at it...Gladiator blitz Cyclops, skips to Gladiators son. Scene jumps back to Gladiator...Namor, and Colossus are pounding on him while Cyclops and Emma is looking. No telling what happened between the scenes. Skip again, they are still pounding on him. Thor got dropped by one of them, "on a consistent" bases. It taking a group of the five to stop Gladiator doesn't help his case, especially looking at how Emma embarrassing him.

confused

lol.

Try it on someone you might actually fool, Carver.

TheGodKiller

Well that's open to interpretation. Its true that the P5 roughed him up worse than they ever did Thor(or any other character for that matter, save Xavier), however its also true that on-panel that "roughing up" was shown to be performed by multiple P5 simultaneously.

I have seen far more credible(and knowledgeable) posters on other sites lowball the shit outta Thor, its hard to believe one's eyes. I provided an example of a thread on comicvine in Thor VS Big Barda thread. Thor having a bad year in non-Thor titles doesn't make things any better.

keiththegreat
Yes, matter manip is included.

Then Sersi. She'd already made adamantium out of thin air.

JakeTheBank
Carver's lowballing is quite sad and pathetic.

h1a8
No.

Currently Gladiator managed to affect Cyke with his strength. Thor on the other hand couldn't affect Cyke's pinky finger with all his might. Gladiator doesn't have any other current showings that contradict that one showing. So it's fair to say that current Gladiator is more powerful than current Thor.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Currently Gladiator managed to affect Cyke with his strength. Thor on the other hand couldn't affect Cyke's pinky finger with all his might. Gladiator doesn't have any other current showings that contradict that one showing. So it's fair to say that current Gladiator is more powerful than current Thor.

I think you're overstating how much he was effected, tbh.

Not really, because we take in to account all showings to build an average; you don't get to pick one or two.

h1a8
I think you're overstating how much he was effected, tbh.

Not really, because we take in to account all showings to build an average; you don't get to pick one or two. You can't average something if only one showing exists for a character. Gladiator has no other current showings. Thor does.

lawest9
What is the DCU equivalent to adamantium?

carver9
What is the DCU equivalent to adamantium?

Promethium and no, no one has ripped or broken it.

lawest9
Promethium and no, no one has ripped or broken it. Thanks.

Mindset
Promethium and no, no one has ripped or broken it. Didn't Karate Kid break it?

-Pr-
You can't average something if only one showing exists for a character. Gladiator has no other current showings. Thor does.

He still has all his showings since his inception. Current Gladiator is classic Gladiator is current Gladiator. An average can still be found.

lawest9
Promethium and no, no one has ripped or broken it. Who has tried?

Mindset
Didn't Karate Kid break it?

carver9
Don't remember KK breaking it.

-Pr-
Actually Inertron is generally considered to be DC's adamantium, and it has been broken.

It just has inconsistent showings, is all.

Starscream M
i think superman has a good shot at destroying adamantium

-K-M-
Superman more durable then adamantium? shifty

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72249/1777545-superman_adamantium_super.jpg

carver9
Actually Inertron is generally considered to be DC's adamantium, and it has been broken.

It just has inconsistent showings, is all.

Promethium and Inertron are pretty much the same thing.?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Starscream M
i think superman has a good shot at destroying adamantium

LOL!!!

Mindset
Don't remember KK breaking it. Iirc he broke it when he was with Super Girl, it was around the time Batman fought KK in the batcave.

carver9
Originally posted by -K-M-
Superman more durable then adamantium? shifty

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/72249/1777545-superman_adamantium_super.jpg

Hulk>Adamantium.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/dogowarstrength.jpg

-K-M-
Tottally shifty

http://media.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/10300/prv13041_pg5.jpg

Mindset
So...a couple fish hooks are going to be too much pain for Hulk to handle?

laughing out loud

-K-M-
He got out, and was fine (a few pages later). Just a funny scene.

Horrificus
What is the DCU equivalent to adamantium? That would be "Penisium".

-Pr-
Promethium and Inertron are pretty much the same thing.?

No.

psycho gundam
Hulk>Adamantium.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/dogowarstrength.jpg stfu

Mindset
lol

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
stfu

You like men?

Mindset
Yes he does, but that's irrelevant.

psycho gundam
You like men? Originally posted by chomperx9
log off

carver9

Just admit you are crushing on me.

psycho gundam
pr and me should fight over who get's you

Mindset
Share him.

-Pr-
pr and me should fight over who get's you

thumb up

carver9
Sigh*...I'm gone for the day.

Odekahn
No one should be able to break primary adamantium with raw strength.

h1a8
Originally posted by Odekahn
No one should be able to break primary adamantium with raw strength. why?

Odekahn
why?

Because its indestructible unless you think that's hyperbole.

h1a8
Because its indestructible unless you think that's hyperbole.

of course it's hyperbole. How many times has it been physically affected by physical force?

enchanted Uru is claimed to be just as strong but it has been physically destroyed countless times.

Currently adamantium and cap's shield has been losing their stock value. Today they aren't as durable as we once thought. Not even sure they can survive a planet destroying attack.

Odekahn
I don't see it as hyperbole. It's part of its history that its indestructible. Of course in an attempt to show someone's physical strength writers PIS ignores what it is. Then they try to fix that by separating it into secondary and primary adamantium. I don't know of anyone destroying primary adamantium by raw strength.

Mindset

Currently adamantium and cap's shield has been losing their stock value. Today they aren't as durable as we once thought. Not even sure they can survive a planet destroying attack. Who has broken primary adamantium or Cap's shield?

Brockalizer
Superman
WBHulk
Silver Surfer
Thor
Gladiator
Majestic
Orion
Black Adam
Sentry
Captain Marvel
Genis Vell
Captain Adam
Hercules
Green Lantern

Standard versions of all with the exception of wbhulk and insane genis, physical strength and energy powers allowed. Hulk, Sentry, Superman, Captain Marvel, and Black Adam most likely could. If Thor could he would have already.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Brockalizer
Hulk, Sentry, Superman, Captain Marvel, and Black Adam most likely could. If Thor could he would have already.

None of them should be able to.

h1a8
Who has broken primary adamantium or Cap's shield?

Hulk has broken primary adamantium
Serpent has broken Cap's shield
King Thor has done it

How many comics in history showed Cap's shield being broken? A lot of them.
It's a damn lie to say it's impossible to break is what I'm saying.

h1a8
I don't see it as hyperbole. It's part of its history that its indestructible. Of course in an attempt to show someone's physical strength writers PIS ignores what it is. Then they try to fix that by separating it into secondary and primary adamantium. I don't know of anyone destroying primary adamantium by raw strength.

Are you claiming adamantium>enchanted Uru? If so then that's a different argument. But if true then you might win here.
If not (adamantium is not greater than enchanted Uru) then enchanted Uru has been destroyed with physical force multiple times.

Also Hulk has damage primary adamantium.

DarkSaint85
I personally always thought Adamantium > enchanted uru...

h1a8
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
I personally always thought Adamantium > enchanted uru... There are arguments for both sides. King thor dented cap's shield with Mjolnir.
IMO, if adamantium is indestructible then it is indestructible for any size. That means a micro thin long sheet of adamantium cannot be damaged or dented. But that makes no sense. Thus durability depends on size. Prime example, Mjolnir is a lot thicker than Cap's shield. Thor could have achieved the same feat with an adamantium Mjolnir and Uru Cap shield. After all he beheaded Destroyer with just the hammer.

Mindset
Hulk has broken primary adamantium
Serpent has broken Cap's shield
King Thor has done it

How many comics in history showed Cap's shield being broken? A lot of them.
It's a damn lie to say it's impossible to break is what I'm saying. Three skyfather level characters. smile

h1a8
Three skyfather level characters. smile

I know, but I was conversing with another member about adamantium being impossible to break (period). He claimed it is impossible. I'm surprised you didn't quote him and comment on his false statemnt but rather me. At least read the whole dialogue between two posters first. What's going on man?

Mindset
Why would I quote him when I asked you the question?

That doesn't make any sense.

I never said it was impossible, or said you were wrong.

h1a8
Why would I quote him when I asked you the question?

That doesn't make any sense.

I never said it was impossible, or said you were wrong.

oh well my mistake. I only was arguing that adamantium can be broken or that it is not impossible to break, especially due to current showings. Nothing more. But you let that fool get away with saying "Adamantium is impossible to break" and have me argue him by myself. LOL

lawest9
IpcuOriginally posted by Mindset
Three skyfather level characters. smile mad

lawest9
A question............is WBHulk the most powerful version of Hulk?

armedforbattle
A question............is WBHulk the most powerful version of Hulk? yes

h1a8
It all depends on the size and thickness of the adamantium. So sure it's possible for a high herald to destroy adamantium of a certain size and thickness.

StiltmanFTW
Wolverine's claws are less than one milimetre thick and Sentry or Hulk couldn't break them.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Wolverine's claws are less than one milimetre thick and Sentry or Hulk couldn't break them. Hulk already damaged adamantium. Sentry broke terraxs axe like a toothpick and terrax has sliced planets in half with it.
Remember characters in comics have variable showings.

StiltmanFTW
Hulk already damaged adamantium. Sentry broke terraxs axe like a toothpick and terrax has sliced planets in half with it.
Remember characters in comics have variable showings.

And failed on other occasions. Recently Banner stated that even for WWH and Skaar adamantium is unbreakable.

One planet. I know he broke Terrax's axe. Adamantium is just tougher.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
And failed on other occasions. Recently Banner stated that even for WWH and Skaar adamantium is unbreakable.

One planet. I know he broke Terrax's axe. Adamantium is just tougher. I go with the success against nature feats not the failure. That way I don't pick and choose what I like. Plus Hulk operates at different strength levels all the time. No two Hulks are the same.
Adamantium doesn't have any feats on the planetary level physical force wise. Yet you are saying Adamantium is tougher than Terrax's axe why?

DTM
Considering Thor was unable to even dent an Ultron made of primary adamantium (in fact, I believe Ultron laughed at the attack), and an entire team of Avengers, working in perfectly planned unison, only barely destroyed an Ultron of secondary adamantium, I think anyone destroying it just with physical strength alone is highly improbable (WBHulk and possibly Superman having the best chances).

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
Considering Thor was unable to even dent an Ultron made of primary adamantium (in fact, I believe Ultron laughed at the attack), and an entire team of Avengers, working in perfectly planned unison, only barely destroyed an Ultron of secondary adamantium, I think anyone destroying it just with physical strength alone is highly improbable (WBHulk and possibly Superman having the best chances).

Savage Hulk already dented Ultron primary adamantium body with a single punch.

confused

h1a8
Originally posted by DTM

Sentry at his inception can also probably damage it. He broke Terrax's axe like a toothpick.

DTM
Maybe, though I personally wouldnt say Terraxs axe is in the same level of durability as primary adamantium.

DTM
Savage Hulk already dented Ultron primary adamantium body with a single punch.

confused

Right, which is why I picked WBHulk to be one of the few here who probably/possibly could.

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
Right, which is why I picked WBHulk to be one of the few here who probably/possibly could.

Why go so far as to say WBH when there are other Hulks that are stronger than Savage and weaker than WBH that could do it?

DTM
Because WBHulk was the Hulk that was on the original posters list, no? smile

carver9
Originally posted by DTM
Because WBHulk was the Hulk that was on the original posters list, no? smile

Dang...didn't see that.

Bouboumaster
Surfer morph it into glass, and break it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.