Thor vs Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Thor

vs

Spiderman
Captain America
US Agent
Dare Devil
Elecktra
Batman
Robin
Green Arrow
Hawkeye
Black Widow
She Hulk
The Thing

Thor has no hammer, but can use all of his other powers that are not reliant on his weapon.

StiltmanFTW
It's Elektra, not Elecktra stick out tongue

He would've beaten this team easily if you hadn't put two abstracts in here... namely Steve and Clint.

pym-ftw
Thor sends down the rain

Then he beats Elektra, Natasha, & Jen the same way he beat storm

Newjak
A well written Thor would walk through this team team without any powers.

With powers he destroys

Mshinu
Even if Thor had his hammer, Barton`s arrows > Godblast. Cappunch is too much also.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by Mshinu
Even if Thor had his hammer, Barton`s arrows > Godblast. Cappunch is too much also.

what? r u retarded

golem370
I would see Captain and Agent giving up their shields to She Hulk and Thing because they could use them with stronger affect. Spider-Man, Green Arrow, Batman, Robin could use long range weapons. Captain America Daredevil Electra could use pressure points. sounds like an idea

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by golem370
I would see Captain and Agent giving up their shields to She Hulk and Thing because they could use them with stronger affect. Spider-Man, Green Arrow, Batman, Robin could use long range weapons. Captain America Daredevil Electra could use pressure points. sounds like an idea

what r u and the other guy smoking i want some and a lot of it PRESSURE POINTS ON THOR????? im praying ur jsut trying to mess with me lol

JakeTheBank
Pressure points work on bricks in comics and have, on panel, worked on Thor.

Thor's quakes are enough to wipe out the street levelers here as are his lightning blasts.

yaadaveyaa
a pressure point from black widow would take down thor? incorrect

bluewaterrider
Somebody please list for me the powers Thor has without Mjolnir.

Because as far as I know, Mjolnir controls:

1) Thor's flight
2) Thor's ability to generate lightning
3) Thor's ability to control weather
4) Thor's ability to generate portals and teleport people
5) Thor's ability to magically heal
6) Thor's ability to detect and eliminate magic forcefields
7) Thor's ability to godblast

In which case we're left with a superstrong brick who is not in the habit of using any practical degreee of superspeed.

The Asgardian version of the Hulk, if you will, with the significant difference that Thor can apparently breathe in space, and, presumably underwater.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong and tell me what he CAN do, please.

Otherwise, taking Thor as tank, the solutions I see are:

Spider-man blinds with webbing. Often.
Captain America and Batman alternate as battle conditions dictate.
Each leads group, with the upfront goal of keeping Thor continually off-balance, and with the final goal of scoring knockout.

Most likely scenario for knockout:

Spider-Man blinds Thor quickly while She Hulk and Ben are in striking range. She-Hulk and Ben deliver their hardest blow, one from each side, at Thor's temples while he is blinded.

If necessary, precede this action with a web-bola of C4 striking Thor's face (Batman carries this explosive and a few others as a fairly standard part of his bat-belt equipment). Obviously, have someone assure that Thor will not be killed or permanently injured to both Spidey and Bats first. Explosion should either knock Thor out directly or leave him disoriented enough for Ben and Jen to finish the job.

iceman24567
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

1) Thor's flight

In which case we're left with a superstrong brick who is not in the habit of using any practical degreee of superspeed.

The Asgardian version of the Hulk, if you will, with the significant difference that Thor can apparently breathe in space, and, presumably underwater.

Each leads group, with the upfront goal of keeping Thor continually off-balance, and with the final goal of scoring knockout.

Spider-Man blinds Thor quickly while She Hulk and Ben are in striking range. She-Hulk and Ben deliver their hardest blow, one from each side, at Thor's temples while he is blinded.

If necessary, precede this action with a web-bola of C4 striking Thor's face (Batman carries this explosive and a few others as a fairly standard part of his bat-belt equipment). Obviously, have someone assure that Thor will not be killed or permanently injured to both Spidey and Bats first. Explosion should either knock Thor out directly or leave him disoriented enough for Ben and Jen to finish the job. What the hell is this shit? Thor is still the god of Thunder without his hammer. Have you ever read a Thor comic?

Newjak

1) Thor's flight

If necessary, precede this action with a web-bola of C4 striking Thor's face (Batman carries this explosive and a few others as a fairly standard part of his bat-belt equipment). Obviously, have someone assure that Thor will not be killed or permanently injured to both Spidey and Bats first. Explosion should either knock Thor out directly or leave him disoriented enough for Ben and Jen to finish the job. Thor still possesses his weather powers w/o his hammer.

He just uses his hammer for fine control and amplification of his already existing powers.

Also a well written, as in an average Thor is not going to be hurt by c$ explosives and is significantly stronger than anyone here, if you take his best he is stronger than everyone here combined multiple times over.

He is still a skilled combatant in his own right, much more than a brawler like Hulk. He has also shown the ability to run and react at superspeeds.

Also when he doesn't have his hammer Thor tends to make better use of his of physical abilities instead of just engaging in standard punching contests.

Robtard
Thor could one-shot more than half that team.

Newjak
Originally posted by Robtard
Thor could one-shot more than half that team. Honestly I think a non holding back Thor could probably one-shot everyone on this team.

Maybe minus Cap due to his shield, and Thing has some good durability feats under his belt.

D-Block
Thor could take this team out in so many ways.

-K-M-
Originally posted by D-Block
Thor could take this team out in so many ways.

Like on a date?

D-Block
Originally posted by -K-M-
Like on a date? laughing out loud

Newjak
Originally posted by -K-M-
Like on a date? He will show them the world

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by Newjak
Thor still possesses his weather powers w/o his hammer.

He just uses his hammer for fine control and amplification of his already existing powers.

Also a well written, as in an average Thor is not going to be hurt by c$ explosives and is significantly stronger than anyone here, if you take his best he is stronger than everyone here combined multiple times over.

He is still a skilled combatant in his own right, much more than a brawler like Hulk. He has also shown the ability to run and react at superspeeds.

Also when he doesn't have his hammer Thor tends to make better use of his of physical abilities instead of just engaging in standard punching contests.

I haven't seen anything in the past 2 years to lead me to believe Thor is going to do much more than brawl in a situation like this. Maybe thunderclap and get rid of some of the extra baggage of the opposing team, but he hasn't shown much strategy outside of battlefield removal, which is being disallowed by the OP and which he doesn't have without Mjolnir anyway. (Right? Or HAS he in fact created portals, etcetera without his hammer...? Honestly don't know.)

As for "Thor is stronger therefore wins" ... hmm, can't quite agree.

He's been one-shotted by non-World War Hulk, and beaten with his own hammer into submission by Red Hulk. Last I'd seen of Ben, however, the FF brick was taking on Colossalnaut and Namor ... and giving a good account of himself, too.

Regarding the C4, though, I thought I made it clear the purpose of the explosive isn't to injure him. Maybe it couldn't do so in any real sense, just as you say. However, judging from what I've read of Thor, it's NOT true he'd be unaffected by something so powerful going off in his ears and face. Even Classic Thor was shaken by less an ordeal than that would be; and that was in the days where Thor's prowess was generally HONORED by creative staff ...

Thanks for the information, though.

JakeTheBank
The last time Thor was without Mjolnir for an extended period of time, he invoked his god powers. Since JMS brought him back, there hasn't been an instance where Thor was disarmed or unable to use Mjolnir for an extended period of time.

iceman24567
He will show them the world On a magic carpet ride?

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The last time Thor was without Mjolnir for an extended period of time, he invoked his god powers. Since JMS brought him back, there hasn't been an instance where Thor was disarmed or unable to use Mjolnir for an extended period of time.

confused

I ... am presuming that "extended" is the operative word here ...

-Pr-
Rulk using Mjolnir at all is bad writing.

yaadaveyaa
Originally posted by -Pr-
Rulk using Mjolnir at all is bad writing.

what? someone said that? mad

iceman24567
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
what? someone said that? mad no expression

golem370
I took from the Red Hulk and Thors encounter is that Red Hulk used Thor to controlled the hammer.

-Pr-
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa
what? someone said that? mad

Red Hulk should never be able to lift Thor's hammer, period. The gravity loophole was plain ridiculous.

JakeTheBank
confused

I ... am presuming that "extended" is the operative word here ...

And?

Rulk during that time frame punched out a Watcher, solo'd the Defenders, stole the Power Cosmic from Surfer, and killed the Grandmaster.

Read Oeming's Ragnarok arc prior to JMS's volume of Thor. It explains everything you need to know.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by -Pr-
Red Hulk should never be able to lift Thor's hammer, period. The gravity loophole was plain ridiculous.

Gotta disagree, PR.

It's no more ridiculous than the idea of a "no lift" spell on that hammer to begin with. What meaning do terms like "up", "down", and "lift" have anyway, when there's effectively no ground to guage these things by?

Incidentally, the idea is NOT the invention of Jeph Loeb, as most people mistakenly believe. It was introduced more than 20 years prior.

bluewaterrider
Iron Man versus Mjolnir.
Pre-cursor to Rulk versus Thor.
Image 2.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Avengers #122, Volume 1
Writer: Steve Englehart
Penciller: Bob Brown
Date: April 1974
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://marvel.wikia.com/Avengers_Vol_1_122

carver9
Good post blue. Don't know why people try to take away from what happened on panel.

JakeTheBank
Carver, shut up.

What Iron Man did and what Rulk did are completely different.

Rulk actually used Mjolnir's lightning offensively every time he struck Thor and was a borderline broken character during his initial appearances. Iron Man was not.

carver9
Rulk also absorbed the OF during that fight which is the reason he was able to hit Thor with lightning strikes.

PillarofOsiris
In a forum fight, these guys shouldn't even have a chance to hurt Thor. In a comic book, sadly, I think Thor would lose.

Damborgson
Originally posted by carver9
Rulk also absorbed the OF during that fight which is the reason he was able to hit Thor with lightning strikes.

Having a minute fraction of the OF =/= using Mjolnir's powers. pre reigning King Thor who was even more impressive than JMS OF Thor, was unable to even get Mjolnir to budge after he became unrowrthy of it. Later on, he could lift it with the OF, but not use it's powers without being worthy of it.

The Rulk instance is PIS to the highest extent of the word. That you would even TRY to argue in favor of it is so baffling I can barely express it.

Odekahn
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
In a forum fight, these guys shouldn't even have a chance to hurt Thor. In a comic book, sadly, I think Thor would lose.

I think you're right.

h1a8
Does Barton have arrows that can penetrate Thor? If so, then the team has a good chance. Plus Spidey is no slouch here and will give Thor some go for a moment. I didn't see Thing and She-Hulk. Yes Thor will have some serious problems here.

Silent Master
Originally posted by h1a8
Does Barton have arrows that can penetrate Thor? If so, then the team has a good chance. Plus Spidey is no slouch here and will give Thor some go for a moment. I didn't see Thing and She-Hulk. Yes Thor will have some serious problems here.

LOL!!!

Villelater
I see thor fighting thing in the front...she hulk and captain america at his sides,Spiderman jumping on his back covering his eyes...and the rest attacking when opportunity's present themselves...Thor can't win

-Pr-
Gotta disagree, PR.

It's no more ridiculous than the idea of a "no lift" spell on that hammer to begin with. What meaning do terms like "up", "down", and "lift" have anyway, when there's effectively no ground to guage these things by?

Incidentally, the idea is NOT the invention of Jeph Loeb, as most people mistakenly believe. It was introduced more than 20 years prior.

So you have two instances of bad writing contradicted by years of established lore. And they aren't even the same thing.

It doesn't change the fact that Rulk was a ridiculously written character, and trying to use his feats on the forum as any sort of average doesn't work in the slightest.

ODG
A well written Thor would walk through this team team without any powers.

With powers he destroys A poorly written Thor would beat this team.

Team's only chance is some trick arrows from Green Arrow or Hawkeye.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by ODG
A poorly written Thor would beat this team.

Team's only chance is some trick arrows from Green Arrow or Hawkeye.

The writer of New Avengers might disagree with you.

Refer to the following page of the Character Ownage thread for some commentary and explanation of the image at the bottom:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=382350&pagenumber=1794

(Attachment: Thing versus Thor)

TheHulk
Originally posted by ODG
A poorly written Thor would beat this team.

Team's only chance is some trick arrows from Green Arrow or Hawkeye. No

JakeTheBank
Thing punching Thor =/= Thing beating him.

psycho gundam
*remembers thor killing amped thing with ease and out of mercy just a few months ago in their last encounter*

JakeTheBank
Fraction Thor is over the top. Even as a fan, I still can't bring myself to care for his take on the character.

abhilegend
Originally posted by psycho gundam
*remembers thor killing amped thing by recalling mjolnir through his chest with ease and out of mercy just a few months ago in their last encounter*
Fixed.

Silent Master
*remembers thor killing amped thing with ease and out of mercy just a few months ago in their last encounter*

Yep, it was a bit over the top though.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by BrianTheBendis
Fraction Thor is over the top. Even as a fan, I still can't bring myself to care for his take on the character. Originally posted by abhilegend
Fixed.

psycho gundam
It's Okay, Bendis just really hates Thor

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift

laughing out loud

It's Okay, Bendis just really hates Thor

It's weird. From Secret Invasion up until Avengers vs. X-Men, Bendis has always seemed to respect Thor. Don't know what happened between then and now to make it so it looks like he just doesn't give a shit. Not like a feature length movie could have-

...oh.

CosmicComet
That feature length movie's show of disrespect was curious in and of itself though.

Basically Thor 2 can't be taken seriously now. Just call it Manhandled 2.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by CosmicComet
That feature length movie's show of disrespect was curious in and of itself though.

Basically Thor 2 can't be taken seriously now. Just call it Manhandled 2. The funny thing is, the movie was nowhere near as bad as the comics. More like Thor already had his movie, so someone else should get to shine a little brighter (and straighter).

The comics are like, **** this long haired shitdick, he's getting one shotted by whatever the shit I feel like.

CosmicComet
Its not worth being upset over anymore, I just find it funny now.

I hope Brevoort and Co starts taking requests over formspring on who gets to one-shot him next, at least let us have fun with this while they are determined to make it last.

Branlor Swift
Its not worth being upset over anymore, I just find it funny now.

I hope Brevoort and Co starts taking requests over formspring on who gets to one-shot him next, at least let us have fun with this while they are determined to make it last. Oh no, I agree.
Just saying the movie didn't really shit on Thor as much as some think. He just wasn't the "star"

Silver Surfer Silver Surfer Silver Surfer

CosmicComet
Meh. He was made to look bytch made to me. He got sucker punched as an afterthought, and then didn't have the pride to even be upset about it after the battle.

That's worse than straight getting your shit pushed in during a consensual fight for me. Well, except when the person kicking your ass is taunting you about ACTUALLY pushing your shit in--like Emma was while gratuitously flashing puzzy n azz all over the panels while kicking Thor around. laughing out loud

Branlor Swift
Meh. He was made to look bytch made to me. He got sucker punched as an afterthought, and then didn't have the pride to even be upset about it after the battle.

That's worse than straight getting your shit pushed in during a consensual fight for me. Well, except when the person kicking your ass is taunting you about ACTUALLY pushing your shit in--like Emma was while gratuitously flashing puzzy n azz all over the panels while kicking Thor around. laughing out loud Meh, I just look at that as like "haha look at the dynamic between those two! You know they'd have wacky tales if they shared an apartment!"

Yeah... at least he managed the break her though. That wasn't that bad of a feat. I mean, he would have won if she didn't reform/work as shattered shit.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
The funny thing is, the movie was nowhere near as bad as the comics. More like Thor already had his movie, so someone else should get to shine a little brighter (and straighter).

The comics are like, **** this long haired shitdick, he's getting one shotted by whatever the shit I feel like.

The movie wasn't bad, no, but that's only thing that I can hazard effecting his non-self titled comics. He had two events basically centered around him and was treated with respect by Bendis and pretty much everyone. Fraction just went nutso when he got his mitts on the dude and decided that he was going to have him no sell Silver Surfer, kill Demogorge, and take on amped versions of Hulk and Thing and win.

Even Thor's bastard clone was beating the shit out of the New Avengers until Lord Rand intervened.

But Avengers vs. X-Men and Avengers Assemble were both poopy and Bendis is Bendis'ing his little heart out while he's still writing the Avengers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.