Reccomend me some good animes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tests
I am new to the whole anime thing (only seen DBZ/DB GT, naruto, and a few others) but i don't know of many good animes. I am a young adult (22) so i prefer ANIME's that are geared towards my age.

Nephthys
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The best space opera I've ever experienced. Likely the best period.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Balls to the walls crazy awesomeness. It will pump you up and make you into a man. ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER!

Death Note: Brilliant premise and delivery. It's amazingly entertaining to watch the 2 chessmasters of Light and L duke it out mentally. One of the very best here.

Code Geass: Morally dubious protagonist fights his retarded friend with magic eye powers. Actually really good, I highly recommend it.

Bodacious Space Pirates: Ironically maturely written despite the title and with great characters and emotion. I luv it. The main character is so likable and charismatic.

Fullmetal Alchemist (and Brotherhood): You'll love it. It's like a smarter, better told Naruto. Right up your alley. Deservedly one of the most popular animes of all time.

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Amazing. It revolutionized anime for a reason.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Very mature and intelligent with great thematic weight etc. Also a popular anime.

Azumanga Daioh: ****ing. Hilarious.

Cowboy Bebop: People love it. It's ok imo.

Hellsing Ultimate: Utterly awesome and dripping in gore and style. Class.

Baccano: Hard to understand at first by seeeeeeriously entertaining. Like, mesmerising. It has dozens of named characters and they are all memorable and badass. Great anime.

Trigun: A classic. The second act hit you like a punch to the gut and has so much weight. Just great.

Kino's Journey: Somber and beautiful. Very imaginative storytelling and deeply fascinating imo. Def. check it out.

Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica: Don't let the magical girls scare you off. This is an amazing series that will blow your mind and make you shit your pants.

Samurai Champloo: Like Bebop, its very cool and well liked.

Darker than BLACK: Outstandingly dark and entertaining. I seriously can't wait until the next season because I fell in love with this one.

Black Lagoon: Deliciously dark and cool. Again, very popular and again for god reason. Check it out.

Durarara: It's brilliant and imaginative and very well delivered. It's just right for your age imo.

Shingo: Veeeeeeeery laid back but very charming and nice to watch. If you're ok without much action it's a good watch.

Revolutionary Girl Utena: A personal favourite. Full of symbolism and lesbians.

Strawberry Panic: Speaking of.... Very girly. But with lesbians. Lesbians make everything better. Les~. Bians~!

Wow, that list is a bit longer than I thought it would be. Brb, sorry for the read. stick out tongue

xtinataguba
full metal alchemist. bleach. one piece.

tests
thanks for the suggestions! I should note that i obviously like anime's (or any general television medium) with great story-telling... but I also like anime that has characters with super powers or some sort of supernatural element.

Q99
Originally posted by tests
thanks for the suggestions! I should note that i obviously like anime's (or any general television medium) with great story-telling... but I also like anime that has characters with super powers or some sort of supernatural element.

I'd say Fullmetal Alchemist would be what you're looking for.

KingD19
Tenchi Muyo is pretty good.

There's also Outlaw Star, which was amazing for the entirety of it's painfully short run.

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is incredibly fun.

And if you want an anime with good story and magic powers, Fairy Tail.

Azure bliss
How about Oda Nobuna no Yabou.it has some history about Japan-sengoku era.if u love samurai warriors (the most awesome action game i've played ever!!) then u would go crazy to watch this anime.

dvampire
Samurai 7. It's one of the best anime series you can find!

Based
Originally posted by tests

As suggested above Code Geass. It literally has it all. It shoves major themes from other anime and shoves it in one. It's my favorite.

KingD19
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Kings.

Fun little romp.

Bentley
Full Metal Alchemist. Pretty elegant as far as stories go and with really interesting concepts on it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Let's see... some of them already in Nephthys's post. There's not much I can recommend..

1.) Gintama (Mainly a comedy type anime. Usually things would become serious and badass in the second half. The jokes are hilarious and when it's already a serious story, it's awesome. Not to mention there are few arcs which mostly are serious type story. This is about samurai, anyway.)

2.) Psycho Pass (The story is pretty dark and the character designs are pretty cool. The director of this anime said this anime was created to counter current anime trend.)

3.) Fate/Zero (I haven't watched it, actually. Just trying to recommend it, in case you're a Fate Stay Night fan.)

4.) Munto (You want some characters with superpowers right? Try to watch this, then.)

psycho gundam
biscuits

FSoJs0G-Yy8

Zack Fair
Jormungand
Fate Zero
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Those 3 are top notch and very current.

ditto
Afro Samurai: Resurrection
Black Blood Brothers
Bleach
Blood+
Canaan
Claymore
Darker Than Black
Death Note
Desert Punk
Eden of the East
Elfen Lied
Fist of the North Star
Ga-Rei-Zero
GetBackers
Guin Saga
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
HeatGuy J
High School of the Dead
Jyu-Oh-Sei: Planet of The Best King
Kaze No Stigma
Mezzo DSA
Murder Princess
Nabari no Ou
Ninja Scroll
Princess Mononoke
Soul Eater
Speed Grapher
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho
Vampire Hunter D
Xamd'd: Lost Memories

Clovie
Paradise Kiss
Nana
Death Note
Code Geass
Durarara!
Stein's Gate
Mirai Niki
Gravitation
Ao no exorcist
Mawaru Penguindrum
Vampire Knight
Skip Beat
Higashi no Eden
Ouran Gauken Host Club
Kuroshitsuji
Loveless

and obviously big grin DBZ and Sailormoon love

sCOURGE_0
FMA Brotherhood is just incredible

Caitlin_K
Fairy Tail! I really like it recently.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.