Hostess goes bankrupt. RIP Twinkies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/

A box of Twinkies is going for up to $100 on eBay right now.

What are your opinions of this screwball insanity over a damn pastry?

Will someone else get the recipes?

Oliver North
Originally posted by Impediment
Will someone else get the recipes?

if they aren't profitable now...

Impediment
The bankruptcy was due to a worker strike, if I recall correctly.

Twinkies, and all other Hostess pastries, have sold for decades. Why wouldn't they be profitable now?

Oliver North
The bankruptcy was due to a worker strike, if I recall correctly.

according to Fox, MSNBC focused on exorbitant bonuses executives gave themselves

at the end of the day, a company floats or sinks on their products

do you have sales data from Hostess?

Impediment
No, I don't. I'll try to find some.

focus4chumps
THEY TUK R TWINKIES!!!

seriously though, i severely doubt that hostess will not be purchased and reopened. we'll have our twinkies back, and made with pride by non-union minimum-wage earning immigrant bakers.

Oliver North
Hostess also filed for bankruptcy in 2004

I can't find data on their stock performance over previous years, but that suggests the brand has been struggling.

StyleTime
I don't like Twinkies. Good riddance.

Maybe I should buy a box though, if I can sell them for 100 bucks on Amazon. mhmm

MooCowofJustice
Chocolate chip mini muffins. sad

Digi
Who the hell actually eats Twinkies on a regular basis anyway? I haven't seen them outside of armageddon jokes since I was a kid. They're not that special. Maybe they were super when the market wasn't saturated with sweets (pun intended). But there's hundreds of other choices now.

RIP sugary nonsense, and apparently stupid business practices. Capitalism ftw.

NineCoronas
I don't like twinkies much.
Who made Ding-Dongs?

This doesn't really bother me much but that guy from Zombieland is gonna be upset.

dadudemon
Hostess was in a bad spot when the Union decided to be shits.

It wasn't quite "the straw" but it wasn't the only thing that contributed to their problems.

No more "Snack Centers" in supermarkets. No more Hostess mini-marts. I think the best thing about Hostess was those mini-marts. You just walk in and you are in Hostess heaven. sad

Darth Jello
Oh boo hoo. How about paying your ****ing workers before you give yourself a 300% raise to pay for blow and hookers?

Who cares? Dolly Madison and Tastee Cakes will buy the recipes and make their own.

Oliver North
man, I love how determined everyone is to make this political...

Omega Vision
It's mostly him and Mairuzu

Oliver North
my bad, yes, I mean a much more restricted use of "everyone", lol

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Who cares? Dolly Madison and Tastee Cakes will buy the recipes and make their own.

I hope you're right, good sir! I don't eat those snacks but once in a blue moon...but I want to eat them when that blue moon occurs, dammit!

Omega Vision
Little Debby has always been better.

Though I can't really stomach that kind of food anymore. Combination of cloying taste and terrible nutrition.

BackFire
They're going to be selling their major brands to other companies. Twinkies will be back. It's the smaller less known brands that might be gone for good.

focus4chumps
twinkies kinda suck. there i said it.

BackFire
Why do you hate America?

Lord Lucien
Because America touches itself at night.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by BackFire
Why do you hate America?

allahu akbar!!!

allahu akbar!!!

allahu akbar!!!

http://grouchymuffin.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/twinkie-the-kid.jpg

BackFire
IF U DON LIKE UMIERCA THEN YOU CAN GET OUT

dadudemon
Originally posted by focus4chumps
twinkies kinda suck. there i said it.

Zingers are the things I'm worried about. They are like twinkies...but BETTER!

Major_Lexington
I heard talk of this on the news a few months back

Darth Jello
Originally posted by dadudemon
I hope you're right, good sir! I don't eat those snacks but once in a blue moon...but I want to eat them when that blue moon occurs, dammit!

Well it'll definitely suck if Tastee Cakes buys some of the recipes unless you're on the East Coast or have a Phillies near you.

BlackZero30x
I am a 24 year old male and I am sad to report that I have never tried a Twinkie before. In related news I loved Ho Ho's so this is a bummer.

Villelater
2012...the end of the hostess world in the milky way...the myians predicted the end of the...hostess world...for the cycle of the junk food will bring about a new company to replace it...and repeat itself over and over again...what was before hostess?

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Villelater
2012...the end of the hostess world in the milky way...the myians predicted the end of the...hostess world...for the cycle of the junk food will bring about a new company to replace it...and repeat itself over and over again...what was before hostess? I don't know who these "myians" are... but they sound delicious.

crystalmaden
Do you still like eating Twinkies?

Insomniatric
http://d22zlbw5ff7yk5.cloudfront.net/images/cm-31827-050a754fe36cd6.gif

Casper Whitey
http://money.cnn.com/2012/11/16/news/companies/hostess-closing/

A box of Twinkies is going for up to $100 on eBay right now.

What are your opinions of this screwball insanity over a damn pastry?

Will someone else get the recipes? There are generic twinkies. Life will go on, unless you're this guy:

3Z7gZdiyPTw

Villelater
i like the strawberry colored sprikled twinkies the best

Darth Jello
I think if you like twinkies and all the other hostess and wonder bread products so much that your mourning this, stop being whiny, act like Americans, and figure out how to make your own. In fact make them better.

Villelater
why would i be whining? i clearly show my lack of concern having this name...Villelater

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.